'Official Michael Jackson Opus' (All Threads Merged)

PCR ,hun, you didn't get yours yet? :( I'm
pray01.gif
you get it soon.xoxo

OMG PCR I can’t believe you are still waiting for your OPUS… I really hope you will get it soon.. :angel:

I can not believe that fans are still waiting for their Opus. I pray you will get it soon! Hug you all.:better:

I hope you all get your books soon!!

Thanks, friends, thanks so much!!!
Yes... the 22nd January 2010 and still waiting. And it's not only me, it's a lot of fans really. This is so.... boring. I wish they will give us at least some official update, but no: it is only us trying to reach them.

Now, the good thing is I did have some news today!

I wrote to "Andy" and he told me he was planning sending my book by this Friday, so I should get it by the end of next week.

That sounds great, but... I was told the same 2 weeks ago. And the most difficult issue: I will leave next week for my Summer vacations, the office will be close for a month and I don't know when this is really going to arrive... isn't it wonderful? :mello:

I hope they answer and let me change the delivery address!

Originally Posted by rickd
Andy,

1. What is going on with NZ deliveries. This is terrible, you gave the fans a date of Jan 8 it is now Jan 21?

2. Australian fans are say books have showed up using regular mail. What did we pay expensive shipping for?

3. The book is full of errors. How can you call this a definitive MJ book with such sloppy editing? Also books are arriving damaged. If my book is even slightly damaged I will be reversing my credit card payment immediately.

4. When can I expect to get my limited edition print?

5. The reality card is a joke. Print out a bit of paper? Cmon.

Michael would seriously be spinning in his grave over this. It's a shocking display of customer service & I want to let you know once this drama ends I want MJ fan clubs to send a joint letter to the estate outlining these fundamental fuck ups you have made to ensure this never happens again. You duped us with a cheap, poorly made, error filled book.

You can't mess with MJ fans Andy, we are all over it. This is a legacy we are talking about not a get rich quick scheme. You were banging on about Michael approving this book, there is just no fucking way he approved this circus & finished product.

Cheers,
Rick

nice letter!!!! please post a reply if there's any.

I'm still waiting for a book. actually i am not even waiting. the whole issue is so upsetting that I try not to think about it at all.

Andy,

1. What is going on with NZ deliveries. This is terrible, you gave the fans a date of Jan 8 it is now Jan 21?

2. Australian fans are say books have showed up using regular mail. What did we pay expensive shipping for?

3. The book is full of errors. How can you call this a definitive MJ book with such sloppy editing? Also books are arriving damaged. If my book is even slightly damaged I will be reversing my credit card payment immediately.

4. When can I expect to get my limited edition print?

5. The reality card is a joke. Print out a bit of paper? Cmon.

Michael would seriously be spinning in his grave over this. It's a shocking display of customer service & I want to let you know once this drama ends I want MJ fan clubs to send a joint letter to the estate outlining these fundamental fuck ups you have made to ensure this never happens again. You duped us with a cheap, poorly made, error filled book.

You can't mess with MJ fans Andy, we are all over it. This is a legacy we are talking about not a get rich quick scheme. You were banging on about Michael approving this book, there is just no fucking way he approved this circus & finished product.

Cheers,
Rick

preach it!!!

nice letter!!!! please post a reply if there's any.

I'm still waiting for a book. actually i am not even waiting. the whole issue is so upsetting that I try not to think about it at all.

Yes, I feel the same, Kathie.
I am just worried the book might get lost if they don't update my address.
And that would be my final cherry on the pie...

I'm a bit confused.

This thread is over 200 pages so I can't read it all. Sorry if my question has already been answered.

Some fans are saying that the opus the fans all bought is one Kraken rushed out but there is a proper one coming out at a later date which has all the technology etc in it.

Also, does anybody remember the first pictures of the opus? You opened it up and the first pages open up into a big picture of the tribute wall from MJ's memorial, with all the messages written on it.

That isn't in the front of the opus I've bought, which makes me think that the fans are right and maybe there is a second opus coming out which will be much more expensive.

Last edited:
Also what is this about a special drawing from Nate? Was that included in all sales? I don't even remember that!

UK fans - we should complain to Watchdog.

They did a piece about the souvenier tickets when people weren't getting them so maybe they will help us get our reality cards plus some kind of compensation??

EDIT: I just checked and although Watchdog isn't on TV again until spring, they're still handling stories on their website fans.

So UK fans, you can use the webpage below to complain about the reality cards and, if you were promised one, the Nate prints that have never arrived, plus damaged copies of the opus and the ones with the ink streaks etc.

The way Watchdog works is that if they get a few complaints about one subject, they use their media status to embarrass the companies into sorting their act out and usually giving some kind of compensation as well!!

Here is the form:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/gotastory/

Our complaints would come under 'publications'.

OK here is what I put in my Watchdog complaint:

Company concerned: Kraken Opus

Date problem arose: Week beginning Monday 21st December 2009

Problem:

Kraken Opus promised to release the Michael Jackson Opus in time for all copies to be delivered in the UK by Christmas.

Many copies did not arrive by Christmas. Some of those whose copies were delayed were promised limited edition Nate Giorgio prints, but these have also gone awol.

The book was sold from various outlets with prices ranging from £70-£199, but all problems emanate from Kraken.

Numerous copies have been delivered damaged or with printing mistakes. Kraken, and some outlets such as the Times Bookstore, have taken a long time replying to emails.

All copies of the Opus were supposed to include 'reality cards' so customers could use special technology on the Opus website. All copies of the book have been delivered without reality cards and Kraken have given no details as to when they will be sent out.

This is a widespread problem affecting lots of fans.

I just got an email from Andy where he told me:

Your Opus will be shipped on Monday and I will provide you with tracking information either Monday or Tuesday. I am really very sorry for the delay in sending you your Opus, but we have had customs and duty issues with orders in Mexico and we have had to ensure that our Mexican customers will not face customs issues that we have experienced in certain other countries.

I just hope it is true and I finally can get it as well as all here in latinamerica!!! So it means our Opuses are not traveling around the world making friends... they're still locked!! SET THEM FREEEE!!

I got my Opus finally (hadn't opened it yet, I'm not at home) It costed me 100$ over initial price :( And it all because of fedex shipping. If it was by regular mail (like in Australia) i wouldn't pay nothing more :( Damned custom rules!

I got my Opus finally (hadn't opened it yet, I'm not at home) It costed me 100$ over initial price :( And it all because of fedex shipping. If it was by regular mail (like in Australia) i wouldn't pay nothing more :( Damned custom rules!

Yeeei another happy Opus family congrats!!!!! I'm so happy for you :D. hugs!!

OK here is what I put in my Watchdog complaint:

Company concerned: Kraken Opus

Date problem arose: Week beginning Monday 21st December 2009

Problem:

Kraken Opus promised to release the Michael Jackson Opus in time for all copies to be delivered in the UK by Christmas.

Many copies did not arrive by Christmas. Some of those whose copies were delayed were promised limited edition Nate Giorgio prints, but these have also gone awol.

The book was sold from various outlets with prices ranging from £70-£199, but all problems emanate from Kraken.

Numerous copies have been delivered damaged or with printing mistakes. Kraken, and some outlets such as the Times Bookstore, have taken a long time replying to emails.

All copies of the Opus were supposed to include 'reality cards' so customers could use special technology on the Opus website. All copies of the book have been delivered without reality cards and Kraken have given no details as to when they will be sent out.

This is a widespread problem affecting lots of fans.

Great letter :clapping: but you forgot the one glove issue when it was advertised with two. :scratch:

OMG I GOT MY OPUS TODAY! *SCREAMS* IT IS HUGE!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Finally, it really took them a long, long while to send it to you!!

ayy nooooo :(
I am afraid I will have to go through the same issue!!! I really don't want to pay any extra money but we are stuck on this!!! that's so bad!!!

I just got an email from Andy where he told me:

Your Opus will be shipped on Monday and I will provide you with tracking information either Monday or Tuesday.

I just hope it is true and I finally can get it as well as all here in latinamerica!!! So it means our Opuses are not traveling around the world making friends... they're still locked!! SET THEM FREEEE!!

Ay, Dany, I hope this is true. He told me yesterday he was planning shipping orders to South America this Friday, at the most... now it's Monday... so... I am really, really sick of all this.

:angry:

Does anyone know if we're still getting the opus reality card?

We should!
But so far, I don't know of anyone getting any of those.
In fact, remember: now it is a "reality code"... you will be given a code and you will print your own card. And I am afraid they will send us a manual to make our own glove and draw our own drawings, plus some hints to fix our damaged Opus.

... this is crazy...

I've heared that there are some faults in the opus like the mentioning of a HIStory concert in NYC? Or Laver Smith instead of LaVelle...is this true?

I've heared that there are some faults in the opus like the mentioning of a HIStory concert in NYC? Or Laver Smith instead of LaVelle...is this true?

This is a part of what Andy wrote to me. I actually explained for him how important this was for us I told him that we want everything related to Michael to be perfect like him. Our frustration is more because some of the errors and mistakes are just so silly and it’s ridiculous that they didn’t took time to go through it more carefully before publishing it. I was also really nice and said thank you etc etc ….

"Please be sure that every attempt was made to ensure the accuracy in the Opus. The errors in picture credits were due to us receiving that information from the photographer(s) that actually took the pictures. At some point you have to believe that information is correct and we do not normally need to check picture information when it comes directly from the photographer!!"

He also said that he will send reality card to us shortly.

Did they really have to check twice to find out if Michael did have that tour in NYC???:lmao: :hysterical:

Last edited:
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Finally, it really took them a long, long while to send it to you!!
Thanks, and yea it took forever I hope u get yours soon too! I have mine in my room and don't know where to put it lol

I love the art section of the book so far! My book has one of the pages bent at the bottom corner, a really deep crease, it can be easily torn! YIKES! I know I read that someone had the same thing on their book! It doesn't make sense that any OPUS book could have damages! That makes me very pist off! Even the inside box had a little whole on top of it, not the red case box (thank god) but the box before u actually get took the red case that protects the book, I'm talking about! I freak out at first thinking "oh no my book" :O

But, the casing was fine and the book except for that terrible crease on one of the pages! I haven't have time to read anything yet! To much going on! One of my aunts passed away who was also my God Mother :( and I have her viewing to go to tonight and her funeral on Saturday so very depressing! These few last yrs truly suck!:( I lost many family members (I'm including MJ and my pets too as my family when I say this!) :) :(

Yeeei another happy Opus family congrats!!!!! I'm so happy for you :D. hugs!!

Thank you :cheers:

ayy nooooo :(
I am afraid I will have to go through the same issue!!! I really don't want to pay any extra money but we are stuck on this!!! that's so bad!!!

The only thought that gives me comfort is that I payed all those money in two parts - one in August and other one now :D :D

I was so happy when I recieved my Opus on 18 Jan. It was so huge and it came in a box. I had been checking my mailbox everyday eventhough my mailbox is small and Opus will not fit in there! My housemate must have revieved my book because I saw a big box with my name on it in the kithen! hahah! The book was beautiful with many great pictures but I didn't get the reality card and special print they were talking about.

PCR, when you get your Opus I'm throwing a party! :jump: Hope everyone still waiting gets theirs really soon!

This is a part of what Andy wrote to me. I actually explained for him how important this was for us I told him that we want everything related to Michael to be perfect like him. Our frustration is more because some of the errors and mistakes are just so silly and it’s ridiculous that they didn’t took time to go through it more carefully before publishing it. I was also really nice and said thank you etc etc ….

"Please be sure that every attempt was made to ensure the accuracy in the Opus. The errors in picture credits were due to us receiving that information from the photographer(s) that actually took the pictures. At some point you have to believe that information is correct and we do not normally need to check picture information when it comes directly from the photographer!!"

He also said that he will send reality card to us shortly.

Did they really have to check twice to find out if Michael did have that tour in NYC???:lmao: :hysterical:

Lol Oh really... so a pic from the late 70s/early 80s is labelled as being from the 90s and it isn't obvious to the photographer who took the pic as well as to the whole damn planet that that is wrong..?! michael's appearance became quite different between those times!!

By the way.. still can't believe some of you haven't recieved your opus :(

^^^Wait that's what everyone has been talking about?! All this time I thought it they just got the city wrong*facepam* Now that's just ridicululous!

SICK OF IT!!!!!

I was told the book would be sent on Friday and see, Friday is gone and NO single tracking code, information, confirmation, NOTHING, NOTHING!!!

This is really rude from OPUS!!!!!!

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Hi, if you guys who haven't received their opus' would like me to call Andy i will do that gladly. I've rung him a couple of times & he helped me.
If you would like me to call him. pm me your full name,State/province/county whatever & Country also email address could be handy to.
Please don't post it on here cause it will just get lost in other posts.

Reactions: PCR
PCR, when you get your Opus I'm throwing a party! :jump: Hope everyone still waiting gets theirs really soon!

Same here.
I keep my little French champagne botle waiting... and waiting... and waiting.... it's getting old that poor botle... :ermm:

Hi, if you guys who haven't received their opus' would like me to call Andy i will do that gladly. I've rung him a couple of times & he helped me.
If you would like me to call him. pm me your full name,State/province/county whatever & Country also email address could be handy to.
Please don't post it on here cause it will just get lost in other posts.

That would be great!! We have spent so much money in this issue :(
I just sent you a PM :hug: THANKS!!!!!

Back