'Official Michael Jackson Opus' (All Threads Merged)

I received by Official Michael Jackson Opus on tuesday, after a long wait for it. The book is "HUGE".

I just got this email from Dipesh:

Dear Judith

I hope you are well and I am trying to push through your refund for the MJ Opus. However, I just wanted to let you know that I have a fresh copy that has just come in to the office, and I would like to send it you if you are still interested in the MJ Opus?

I am so sorry for the delay in our delivery and refund service to you, but I did want to offer this option because it is a wonderful piece of work, which I hope you will consider?

Do let me know and I can send out a copy straight away.

I look forward to hearing from you and I hope this email finds you well.

Best regards

Dipesh Davadra
Marketing Manager

What do you think, guys? Should I take this chance, and agree on the book? Or demand the refund, and that's it?

I would ask for them to send you the book. You may have to wait, but you will get the book in the end.

Dear Judith

I hope you are well and I am trying to push through your refund for the MJ Opus. However, I just wanted to let you know that I have a fresh copy that has just come in to the office, and I would like to send it you if you are still interested in the MJ Opus?

I am so sorry for the delay in our delivery and refund service to you, but I did want to offer this option because it is a wonderful piece of work, which I hope you will consider?

Best regards

Dipesh Davadra
Marketing Manager

What do you think, guys? Should I take this chance, and agree on the book? Or demand the refund, and that's it?

I think you should take the book. You at least know for sure now that you have a copy coming to you.

Well, I'm glad Dipesh seems to be sorting stuff out for the fans. Kudos to him.

Oooh... Thank you guys for advice... But I still don't know, you know the majoraty of the pictures are all seen, I watched few videos on youtube of how it looks inside, and i have to say it is no big deal, all this pics, I pretty much have saved from mjjpictures com, so why buy it in paper format? I truly don't know what's the possesstion about it...

Oooh... Thank you guys for advice... But I still don't know, you know the majoraty of the pictures are all seen, I watched few videos on youtube of how it looks inside, and i have to say it is no big deal, all this pics, I pretty much have saved from mjjpictures com, so why buy it in paper format? I truly don't know what's the possesstion about it...

Well, I don't truly know either, because I don't have it, and have seen very little of it. Whatever you decide to do is understandable.

It has some pretty good stories about Michael by John Singleton (director of Remember the Time), John Landis, & Paula Abdul, as well as artists who spent time w/Michael becoming his friend. It depends what you are expecting to get from the Opus. I have almost finished reading it. I do think it could have been better, but I also think it's worth having.

Thanks, i already sent an email back to him, requesting the refund. The book cannot bring Michael back you know. It makes me cry that it came out after his death and not before... :(

Well, they will get to see that they can't always get away w/wasting fans' time. I had a similar experience when I tried to order 2 O2 Exhibition programmes. They didnt' have any in stock & took so long to get them that I decided not to buy any in the end.

Thanks, i already sent an email back to him, requesting the refund. The book cannot bring Michael back you know. It makes me cry that it came out after his death and not before... :(

Great!!! Congrats! Tomorrow is a deadline for mine (well, the most recent deadline, that is :) )

Hi all!

My apologies if this is repetitive! I sent an email to Opus about the delivery (electronic or physical) of the reality opus cards and received a reply from Dipesh and Karl Fowler, the CEO of Kraken. Both responded quickly and said they would send the card to me through the mail.

For all of you who still have not received your books or cards, I suggest emailing all of these peeps with a cc to Karl Fowler. Hopefully someone will respond.

karl@krakengroup.com
dipesh@krakengroup.com
andy@krakengroup.com
lara@krakengroup.com
customercare@michaeljacksonopus.com

Hi all!

My apologies if this is repetitive! I sent an email to Opus about the delivery (electronic or physical) of the reality opus cards and received a reply from Dipesh and Karl Fowler, the CEO of Kraken. Both responded quickly and said they would send the card to me through the mail.

For all of you who still have not received your books or cards, I suggest emailing all of these peeps with a cc to Karl Fowler. Hopefully someone will respond.

karl@krakengroup.com
dipesh@krakengroup.com
andy@krakengroup.com
lara@krakengroup.com
customercare@michaeljacksonopus.com

Funny because I emailed Dipesh TWICE about my card and never even got a reply. It seems I am the only one who doesn't get replies from him.

Funny because I emailed Dipesh TWICE about my card and never even got a reply. It seems I am the only one who doesn't get replies from him.

No you're not the only one. I had two emails from Dipesh regarding my replacement Opus. I had also requested a card as well which he said he would arrange but it definitely would have arrived by now. There's no post strike or anything! Mailed him again to check... So it's now a bit of a wild goose chase for me now. I emailed Lara but she passed me off to someone called Matt but he hasn't replied me! It would be good if they had some kind of confirmation system to say they've got our emails. Ah well this is Opus.

Apparently you can receive the card electronically or physically in the mail. I requested for Opus to send it to me in both forms. Hey, it's worth a shot. Below are the replies I received from Dipesh and Karl:

---------------
The reality card has been an electronic version as stated in the email
below. However, if you would like a physical card I can send this out to
the address below?

Please confirm.

Thanks
Dipesh
----------------

This can be sent to you today.
Can you please re confirm your address for speed.

Karl

Karl Fowler
CEO
Kraken Opus

I was told you can only get the electronic version by Dipesh :(
Guess Ill see how that works out when the site starts!

at last my opus book has just arrived. i had no warning or email that it was coming today. :dancin: and it had one glove in the box. but no card

at last my opus book has just arrived. i had no warning or email that it was coming today. :dancin: and it had one glove in the box. but no card
AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:
CONGRATULATIONS, CONGRATULATIONS!!!
DID YOU LIKE IT??? WWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! :dancin::dancin:

and still no opus for Russia

Not yet???? :doh:
That is not amazing at all. Monday is gone now. So is Tuesday... you must be by mid Wednesday. I think you can pick a plane and go to LOndon, get your book and be back home.... and Kraken will still be unable to give you your book. What about telling them you are about to cancell your order? Not that you do it, I mean... to see what happens.... I remember one of the last message I sent them had the subject "Should I cancell my order?". In the end it worked... or kind of... Too bad, too bad :no:

I've have mine now!!! It is soooooooooooooooo nice =) *Very happy*

finally!!!!!!
:wild:
Did you like it? did you find it to be too heavy, way bigger than expected and huuugeee?

Dear Judith

Best regards

Dipesh Davadra
Marketing Manager

What's Davadra's email address? S**t, I booked my Opus in the early Dec. last year. Now four months passed, I still haven't get mine. What's worse, Andy, their another marketing manager promised me would receive before Feb. But nothing happened. This week I emaild him twice and had ZERO reply. I am so angry.

Any news here? :(

Just received some news. It's time to admit the OPUS people are really stupid. At this point there's no excuse for them anymore.

This is what I was told: Last week Russia and Ukraine were promised that we would get our books by March 22. March 22 came and went and nothing changed.

The initial delay in the shipments to these two countries was a mistake in the customs documents. Kraken stated the price of the book as 200 pounds (twice as much as the real price we all paid in September which was 165 dollars + shipping). Because of this high stated price people had to pay a very high customs duty. So the books were recalled back and Kraken spent more than two months correcting the documents. Finally, they emailed everybody that everything was okay and the books were to arrive soon.

As it turned out, the books to the Ukraine were sent with WRONG customs documents AGAIN and people are forced to pay the customs duty AGAIN. As the books for Russia weren't even sent out yet AT ALL, they were lying around somewhere for the whole week.

I don't know what to do at this point. Probably asking for a refund is the best idea. I would also write to some Regulation agency that could investigate this whole situation and probably fine Kraken. Can you guys help me and tell me what agency in Britain deals with things like that?

finally!!!!!!
:wild:
Did you like it? did you find it to be too heavy, way bigger than expected and huuugeee?

haha, i love it!! It feels so special in a way...
It is everything you say it is, heavy, way WAY bigger than expected and very huge!! =)

What's Davadra's email address? S**t, I booked my Opus in the early Dec. last year. Now four months passed, I still haven't get mine. What's worse, Andy, their another marketing manager promised me would receive before Feb. But nothing happened. This week I emaild him twice and had ZERO reply. I am so angry.

Dipesh's email:
dipesh@Krakengroup.com

Lara's email:
Lara@Krakengroup.com

Copy them both in. Good luck.

Anyone have luck with getting printed reality cards sent to your house recently? It's a wall of silence for me again.

As for making official complaints, I found this website, I haven't read it but maybe this is the right place??
http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/

And maybe this is handy
http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/after_you_buy/know-your-rights/SGAknowyourrights/

I have been emailing with Dipesh last week. And yesterday I received a pair of gloves and the reality card. It was said by someone else, the reality card doens't make a lot of sense, it's just a postcard. Actually it looks nothing like the one showed in the video that was on the website.

I am very happy with the gloves though, because I don't want to get smudges from my fingers (not that they're dirty or anything :D) on the book. And I couldn't find them in a store anywhere.

Back