'Official Michael Jackson Opus' (All Threads Merged)

Re: Times offer - Opus for £90 inc P&P

Thanks so much Dave, i'll definitely be able to get a copy before the month is out. I'm so glad i waited, although i am sorry others will not be able to get it for this price.

Thanks so much Dave, i'll definitely be able to get a copy before the month is out. I'm so glad i waited, although i am sorry others will not be able to get it for this price.

yeah yeah rub it in...lol

Those who pre ordered. Surely its your consumer right to cancel?

Yeh but thats because they usually sell tickets to shows, not books.

I think you should look into it a bit more.

The damn ticketmaster does not have a refund or exchange policy!

^ I already spoke to them over the phone. A refund is not possible because apparently the same rules apply for when you buy tickets to a concert.

Fuck 'em lol

yeah yeah rub it in...lol

seriously tho i am sorry especially seeing as you're unable to cancel you're order to get the better price.

it seems quite ludicrous that even with quite a bit of time to go before the opus is even shipped they will not allow cancellations or at the very least a refund of the difference.

Thanks for the tip. I just ordered mine, they said I should have it by the 14th December.

Well at least not everyone is mad at me for posting it lol!

No, we're very pleased. I just ordered mine, too, no problem and they were very helpful. I'd seen the online article but obviously no coupon on the website so this has been really appreciated.

To be honest I'm also relieved I don't have to deal with Ticketmaster again.
Sorry guys to those who've already ordered from them. If someone else comes up with an even better offer later it will be our turn to sigh!

Angie
x

I have also already ordered mine lol Nevermind its still at a bargain price even at £125. At least the £35 will go to MJs estate!

Is it the whole book? with the interactive bits?

Yeah the woman on the phone confirmed it is the official Opus, everything included. Phone number in the first post if you want to check.

Thank-you Dave Burke for letting us know about this offer, would never have known if you hadn't posted about it.

Re: How many of you pre-ordered the OPUS book already?

Just ordered it, uhmud and ahhhd over whether to get it for a while

I'm in doubt...not sure if i wanna buy it, because apart from being full of pics -many we've seen before - I don't see it very...hmm interesting.
I would expect some of Michael's work -essays, poems, etc-
So, give me some reasons, guys, why did you pre-ordered it, what attracted you to it?

well, its because its meant to be the definitive guide to his entire life. Kinda like a This is ur life type situation so hopefully will have everything you could wish to know in there about his career and life (within good limits of privacy). It is said to have never seen pics and things he has written as well, also his drawings. And importantly it will not i dnt think have any tabliod crap or little subtle tabloidish comments that are common in tribute mags/books. Its an opus so will have intense attention to detail. basicaly it is becaouse of its throughness and detail. I reckon there will be lots of thigs even us will never have seen.

How do you order it?? Friend told me about it bought the times today but wasn't in it.

How do you order it?? Friend told me about it bought the times today but wasn't in it.

Just phone the number on the bottom of the pic of the coupon in the first post.

I told my husband about the offer and he phoned me later on and said he had ordered it for me.I was so pleased I started to cry (well it was a bit of an emotional day yesterday)
Thanks again for posting this :)

I told my husband about the offer and he phoned me later on and said he had ordered it for me.I was so pleased I started to cry (well it was a bit of an emotional day yesterday)
:)

Wish I had a hubby like that. I'll probably have to hide my copy from mine in case he asks too many questions (like, HOW much was that?)!!

A x

well, its because its meant to be the definitive guide to his entire life. Kinda like a This is ur life type situation so hopefully will have everything you could wish to know in there about his career and life (within good limits of privacy). It is said to have never seen pics and things he has written as well, also his drawings. And importantly it will not i dnt think have any tabliod crap or little subtle tabloidish comments that are common in tribute mags/books. Its an opus so will have intense attention to detail. basicaly it is becaouse of its throughness and detail. I reckon there will be lots of thigs even us will never have seen.

well, that's the thing, they say in the About section :

Content A definitive photographic tribute with exclusive and unseen images, and words and essays by those who knew him and worked with him

so it won't be anything personal of his like poems or reflections....yeah some drawings, there will be, but apart....dunno:scratch:

Ordered it from the Times offer (well hubby did as a suprise for me :wub:)
They also don't take the money until 7 days before delivery so that is great :)

I did pre-order mine once they have announced about the release of the book ^^

Just want to know how many people pre ordered it already.

Who will be pre ordering it later on?

I ordered mine the day it was announced. I didn't even check my bank balance. I realized then that I was going overboard in buying MJ merchandise, especially when he wasn't going to see a dime of it and had been screwed over so royally. I do know that this will be an amazing product though. And, if you notice, they have doubled the price and now consider the lower price a "limited time offer", so I am glad I did. Still, it was almost $200. I was impressed that TicketMaster didn't add on a million fees to add another $50, but then again, shipping never came up and who knows what they will add on in costs when the book does come available. TicketMaster is famous for charging like crazy. I can just see them saying "Your Opus is ready for shipping. Send $49.95" or pay online and we'll ship the book (that I already paid a ton for) to you right away". I just pray this isn't the case. Playing with the card and the new technology on their site is really cool and everyone in my office is totally amazed and impressed with the technology, so I think the price is worth it (as long as the Opus place updates the videos provided. I would love it if they could add unseen concert footage. Who knows. Everyone on earth who can, is trying to make money off of our hero who is now an angel in heaven. The ONLY benefit is that the greedy Jackson family and others will finally give us all we've wanted (only because of money...anything for money)...and I can see a Bad concert, HIStory concert, Destiny concert and many others released in the coming months.

Ordered it from the Times offer (well hubby did as a suprise for me :wub:)
They also don't take the money until 7 days before delivery so that is great :)

Well that's a change. The money left my bank account 12 seconds after I ordered and I paid with a debit card, so they certainly aren't giving it back.

I'm in doubt...not sure if i wanna buy it, because apart from being full of pics -many we've seen before - I don't see it very...hmm interesting.
I would expect some of Michael's work -essays, poems, etc-
So, give me some reasons, guys, why did you pre-ordered it, what attracted you to it?

I ordered it a) because Michael authoried it and loved it, and b) because the new technology involved is super cool. Princes Opus, 21 (gee, wonder where that name came from) comes with a pre-loaded iPod, but this card that shows Michael's rare moments through your videocam is super, super cool.

Have you guys done it on their site??? It is SOOOOO Coool. Everyone in my office keeps saying, HOW DID YOU DO THAT??????

Magic, people, magic. AND, Michael loved magic, and now the Opus will solidify that. Plus I want to see the full uncropped pics from his life, the rare items no one else has seen and the mere size and grandure of it makes it a collector's item and something to share with friends (who will undoubtadly view Mike in a better light) make it all worthwhile.

I wouldn't have bought it if there were doubt about Michael wanting to do it, but after seeing the new magic technology and knowing he'll be the first Opus (or anything) to do this, makes it all worthwhile. Plus, he deserves one. AND, they weren't lying about it. The other Opus', including Princes sell for more than 2,000 pounds. So, why wouldn't I get it? Plus the price doubles soon. The price now is just for pre-orders until a certain time. I'm sure the second doubled price will increase in a few weeks as well. Actually, the book will probably cost a thousand pounds by the time it is released, so $195 isn't bad at all. Have you all seen how big this thing is? It's Super High Quality High Resolution photos and never before seen items. Michael chose the pics himeslf. He just wanted to wait to add photos from "This is It", so I am glad they are continuing the project and honestly, I believe that it IS for the fans. They seem to honoring Michael's wishes, unlike coug***AEG***cough who I now think were involved in the death of a superstar. How much so will only come out in time.

my mums getting me this as my main christmas present so im hoping she's ordered it :)

Show her the website and she'll see that they are doubling the price soon, so she should order ASAP. Like I said, the doubled price will likely continue to double until the release and it will end up costing a grand. Just watch!

Does anyone here know anyone who works for the store in London or for the manufacturing plant or the offices where the creative is done? If so, ask around. I want to know what the final price is going to be.

Enough from me. I'll stop posting so many things. Bfn. :agree:

I can't believe I just bought this. This really isn't good. I have no self-control anymore!

Back