'Official Michael Jackson Opus' (All Threads Merged)

Re: How many of you pre-ordered the OPUS book already?

I preordered the Opus a few weeks ago. Not the minute it became available but I estimate it was some three weeks ago. I can't remember the time exactly but I announced it on here. :) Thanks to hubby! They've already accepted the payment too so roll on December!

I can't believe I just bought this. This really isn't good. I have no self-control anymore!

Oh man, I was/am like this too; probably will be for the rest of my life especially when it comes to Michael. I could never justify spending so much on anything to be honest, let alone a god damn Opus. But anything for Michael. lol

Re: Times offer - Opus for £90 inc P&P

is it for every country or just UK !?!

I tried to buy it from Tmaster but it says

We currently do not have any tickets on-sale for The Official Michael Jackson Opus.

:( i want the OPUS!!

Oh buggar it, I already got mine for £125 :( Ticketmaster won't refund as the money came out of my account last month.

Thanks for letting people know that couldn't afford it before though :)

*stomps off* haha

So did anyone check to see if this is good for USA? or am I the only American citizen in this thread? LOL

Ordered mine on saturday, not shipping until december :(

I wish someone would give it to me for Christmas! Would make a great gift!!

My wish came true! P's are giving it to me for Christmas! Merry Christmas to me!! YAY!!! :sarmoti::santaclaus::frosty::xmas1::wreath:

I can't believe I just bought this. This really isn't good. I have no self-control anymore!

Oh me too - BAD!! After MJ died, I went and bought the complete set of his albums for my Mum and all the official DVD releases for my sister. But hey - you only live once. Enjoy your money I say! :D

Aww thanks Shannon. Yeah, I wonder how much it would come to Canadian. I like fact that it was approved/worked on by Michael...God, it just hurts, sooo much more he wanted to do. *sighs*

Also like the fact that the proceeds go to katie, the childern and Mike's favorite charity. I remember seeing one like it at Costco about Prince.

I'll have to get my finances together soon. Thanks again for the heads-up.
:)

This was too good an opportunity to pass up on. I too, bought a copy of this a few weeks ago and I simply cannot wait to see the final product! It's great knowing that Michael supported this project and even better that his Estate will benefit from this. Christmas is definitely looking good this year! :)

Man, that's not fair. I paid full price for it from the US at almost $200. Now it's on "Sale"? What is this all about? Not fair. Everything right now isn't fair. I still haven't received anything but one t-shirt from my AEG merchandise. I feel so used. And I agree with the post above that I've lost all self control. :-(

whats the phone number please ?
It's 0845 271 2134, it's an UK number:)
This is the international number: +44 (0)1326 555745

I just tried to call them and ask if the item can be shipped to Austria too, but i dont reach anyone...i will try later again!

Last edited:

Great!!

I have just orderd one for the 90 Punds to Austria!!

Thank you so much for tellin' us!!

The Official Michael Jackson Opus - Interview

contribute.png

The Official Michael Jackson Opus. Everyone is talking about it. Everyone is asking questions. Today I bring to you some answers from the men behind the Michael Jackson Opus.

The Opus Media Group. Jeff Wald, President COO and Jordan Sommers, Senior Vice President. I had the opportunity to speak at length with these two gentlemen and I can say overwhelmingly they are wonderful men. Emerged in the project at hand their excitement, their energy and their dedication to perfection is obvious.

Opus has a history of amazing publications that not only give us a glimpse into the realm of the topic but actually engages the minds of the readers.

What does this mean for Michael Jackson Fans? A chance to experience the greatest entertainer in the world, Michael Joseph Jackson, delivered in the best quality, with the newest technologies and the most impressive display available.

Information on the Official Michael Jackson Opus can be found directly on their site http://www.krakenopus.com/family/michaeljackson/ but let me give you a preview of what Opus has in store for us...

The 400 page hand bound leather Opus will be a photographic tribute to Michael with new images straight from Michael's personal archives, a complete record of Michael and his music, exciting 3D imagery and essays from the people who knew him as well as special contributions from the fan community.
"We were delighted to be working with Michael Jackson on a project that was very dear to his heart - the Michael Jackson Opus. Sadly, his untimely death means that instead this special Official Opus will become a lasting tribute to his legacy as the King of Pop"
Karl Fowler, CEO, Opus Media Group

Jeff Wald the President COO was kind enough to take the time to answer a few of my questions.

jeffwaldpic.jpg

Jeff Wald, President COO
Opus Media Group

Can you tell us how did the idea for the Official Michael Jackson Opus come about? What above all else inspired the whole process?

"The idea was simple, nobody ever sold out 50 shows in a 20,000 seat arena in a matter of hours. Without being trite he was the King of Pop. I had met Michael many times over a thirty five year period but had never spent more than five minutes with him. He always was unfailingly polite and displayed a sense of humor. I was an admirer of his talent and had gone to the Victory Tour concert and been lucky enough to have been in the audience when he did hid Moonwalk at the 25th Motown Anniversary Show. I was invited by Suzanne de Passe to be her guest at that show and like everyone else there I was blown away and on my feet. I started in the music business in the mid sixties and over the years have managed, Chicago, Crosby Stills, and Nash, Donna Summer, Helen Reddy (my ex wife), Flip Wilson, George Carlin, Roseanne Barr, Marvin Gaye (very briefly), Sylvester Stallone and others. I was a fan of Michael's and very friendly with Berry Gordy as well as Suzanne. Jordan and I were mesmerized by Michael's Thriller, Bad, Billy Jean etc. videos as was the entire world in the 80's.
Karl Fowler the CEO Founder and Chairman of OPUS suggested that we should do an OPUS with Michael. I set up a meeting with Michael."

You've expressed how Michael was intrigued with the Opus products, was there any specific desires or instructions that Michael had for the book? What about the project was Michael most excited about?

"We met with Michael over at the Sony movie studios in a makeshift office above the soundstage where he was rehearsing.

He was on time, looked great, clear headed and focused. We showed him our Manchester United, NFL Super Bowl, and Vivienne Westwood OPUS's.

He was knocked out with the quality, the size, the thoroughness and the care that went into every OPUS. We spent in excess of one hour with him and he asked us very incisive questions as to the details of the making of the OPUS and how we chose our subjects. He was aware that we only chose iconic, unique subjects and only made "official" deals, i:e NBA, NFL, Disney, Ferrari etc. He was very interested in the Disney OPUS we are currently in production on. He was excited as he was a major Disney fan and we offered to let him write a chapter for the Disney OPUS. This really got him excited."

The Opus project was to include another section for Michael's 'This Is It' concerts. Curiosity compels me to ask what may have been involved in that?

"We agreed that there were to be two OPUS's done. One would just be a smaller OPUS dealing with the 50 nights of the O2 This Is It Concerts which we would have ready soon after his last concert. We would also be working on the major OPUS which would encompass his entire life and career and would take about two years to complete. Like everything Michael did he wanted to be an active participant in the process. Michael was an avid reader and collector of books and art and was very knowledgeable about both."

Many fans are holding on to the little stories and smiles of all those who have met Michael Jackson personally. Is there anything you can share from your experiences around Michael? And is there anything else that you would like the fan community to be informed of?

"The fans should know that this is the only "new" official Michael Jackson publication Ok'd by the estate and the courts. A large portion of the proceeds will go to the estate. The estate is Michael's heirs, the three children, his mother, and his charities. In addition we will auction off the first five OPUS's printed with the proceeds 100% to go to charity.

This OPUS is also meant by us to be a valuable reminder to his children and his fans what a fantastic human being and entertainer Michael was. There will be NOTHING negative written. This OPUS is something that the fans and family can treasure as a true collectors item since if taken care of there is no limit as to how long it will last.

Our collective memories of our meeting with Michael was a man who knew what he wanted, was bright, clear eyed, excited about his concerts and his future, healthy, humorous and incredibly kind and well mannered. He was the same when I first met him 35 years ago.

Please let me reiterate, we were not friends, but professional acquaintances and all of us were true fans from day one."

I want to thank Mr. Wald and Mr. Sommers for taking the time to share with us and for making such a wonderful tribute to Michael. The Official Michael Jackson Opus is available now for pre-orders with a special limited time pricing of $165 (please check Ticketmaster for currency information in your country). The Official Michael Jackson Opus will be shipped worldwide on Dec. 7th. Please visit the Opus site and check back for more updates as they are released.

But that's not all! There's more excitement to come. We will have a future in person follow up that promises to be unique and a chance to win your very own Michael Jackson Opus. More details coming soon.

Re: The Official Michael Jackson Opus - Interview

Thanks, Shannon :)
I still can't decide what to do with the Opus..

That interview has got me all excited :lol:
December is such a long way away...

Wow! I'm really looking forward to getting mine! I think it sounds like it'll be well worth the money. Thanks for posting Shannon. :)

Oh wow, thanks for posting, I am so excited to receive mine :)

Oh my god, there was going to be another smaller one for the This Is It concerts? :(:(

And that was so sweet that Michael was going to write something in the Disney Opus. I wonder if he ever managed to get that to them. So sweet :(

Thanks for posting shannon...really looking forward to getting my Opus now. Took me ages to decide whether to get one!

Thanks very much for doing this interview, gives us a little more insight into something many people have already ordered. This book sounds amazing. I can't wait to get mines :)

Re: 'Official Michael Jackson Opus'(BooK) Will Pop With Photos, Tributes

oow man so this is it! Hmm, don't know what to say about it. I don't think I can make 100EU in 2 weeks :lol: I want this soooo bad tho. arghhh @ the prices. Its pretty ridiculous

Ooh thanks guys!:happy: Im getting pretty excited too !

Back