'Official Michael Jackson Opus' (All Threads Merged)

Re: How many of you pre-ordered the OPUS book already?

I'm going to have to take a pass on this one. Too expensive. :no:

I really would want to have the opus, but I might have to sell my first edition Dancing the Dream to pay for it... ;(

Does anyone know if they take the money out on Dec 5th, like most pre-orders or now??

Does anyone know if they take the money out on Dec 5th, like most pre-orders or now??

Your credit card will get charged once you place your order. That's why I'm waiting til the next credit cycle before I seriously decide whether to buy or not. :)

This was the response I got from them when I emailed them about credit card charges:

Dear _____,

Kraken Opus is honoured and delighted to be publishing the Official Michael Jackson Opus. This official publication is the only licensed book endorsed by the Michael Jackson estate.

The 400+ page Opus is a definitive photographic record of the man and his music and will feature an amazing collection of previously unpublished photographs plus personal essays and comments from well-known names in the entertainment industry.

Each page in the Opus will measure 13” wide x 18” high, will be hand bound in leather and packaged in an elegant silk clamshell case and weigh an astonishing 38 pounds! The Opus will stand as a lasting tribute to one of the most influential icons in the entire world.

Pre-orders began on 12th August and the special pre-order price of £109 will be available until the 30th October. After this date the price will increase to £218.

In response to your enquiry, We can debit your Credit card immediately to secure your purchase. Alternatively you can secure a copy by sending your credit/debit card details to orders@michaeljacksonopus.com and we will debit your account once the publication is released on the 7th December.

Kind Regards,

The Customer Care Team

The Official Michael Jackson Opus

So there IS a way to order without your card getting charged immediately, it seems?

Last edited:
Re: 'Official Michael Jackson Opus'(BooK) Will Pop With Photos, Tributes

This was the response I got from them when I emailed them about credit card charges:

Dear _____,

Kraken Opus is honoured and delighted to be publishing the Official Michael Jackson Opus. This official publication is the only licensed book endorsed by the Michael Jackson estate.

The 400+ page Opus is a definitive photographic record of the man and his music and will feature an amazing collection of previously unpublished photographs plus personal essays and comments from well-known names in the entertainment industry.

Each page in the Opus will measure 13” wide x 18” high, will be hand bound in leather and packaged in an elegant silk clamshell case and weigh an astonishing 38 pounds! The Opus will stand as a lasting tribute to one of the most influential icons in the entire world.

Pre-orders began on 12th August and the special pre-order price of £109 will be available until the 30th October. After this date the price will increase to £218.

In response to your enquiry, We can debit your Credit card immediately to secure your purchase. Alternatively you can secure a copy by sending your credit/debit card details to orders@michaeljacksonopus.com and we will debit your account once the publication is released on the 7th December.

Kind Regards,

The Customer Care Team

So there IS a way to order without your card getting charged immediately, it seems?

So its like say... prordering from GAME or HMV.. Only when the product comes out they charge you and the price you preorder it is the highest you will pay

How much would this go for on ebay for those re-sellers?

I pre-ordered, can't wait to read it on Dec

has anyone found any nice glass cases to put this bad boy into?

I am still struggling because of the delivery address...sent them an email but as it goes to TM -of course -no answer...
anyone has any advice how to resolve this?
ta

is this a book about him from someone who wants to make money or was michael involved in it/wrote it by himself?

Guys i really doubt that they can stay long time with the price of over 300$ for a book!!!! Come on, 300$ for a book?? Ok i know its a MJ book but even so, it´s an outrageous price. If they will try to sell it at that price i don´t predict big sales on the book! I think they will sell it at the price of the pre order, they are just marketing this to get many pre orders as they can get!! I won´t buy at the pre order... i´m gonna wait till it comes out.

:no: too expensive o.o going to have to save up. :/

I think Michael wanted to do it, but was still in negotiations about it before his death, so I'm not sure he contributed/wrote anything specifically for it. It is the only new book approved by the estate, and is supposed to have unseen things in it.. like photographs/drawings.

By Elysa Gardner, USA TODAY
The first new book about Michael Jackson sanctioned by his estate will be published Dec. 7, and it promises to be as razzle-dazzling as the late pop icon himself.

Kraken Opus, whose opulent publications focus on major figures and brands in sports and the arts, begins accepting pre-orders today for The Official Michael Jackson Opus at michaeljacksonopus.com, michaeljackson.com and through Ticketmaster. The oversized, 400-page tribute will be driven by photos but also will include essays, illustrations and poetry, at least half of it exclusive — all handbound in leather and enclosed in a silk clamshell case.

Where other projects have been priced at more than $2,000, the Jackson book will cost $165. "Michael wanted this to be accessible to as many people as possible," says Kraken CEO Karl Fowler. Kraken reached out to Jackson last year through the singer's attorney Peter Lopez. "We wanted to tell the behind-the-scenes story of Michael Jackson the entertainer," Fowler says. The plan was to include Jackson's concerts at London's O2 Arena, which were set to start in July. While Jackson was in rehearsals, he invited Kraken executives to his house in Los Angeles. When Fowler mentioned they were working on a Disney Opus, Jackson reacted "like a boy in a sweet shop. He asked if he could contribute and get a copy." Lopez says Jackson was impressed by the Opuses' "sense of grandeur" and "expressed a definite desire to get on board." But Lopez and Kraken were still in negotiations when Jackson died June 25, which required the company to seek approval from his estate — and amend its strategy.
The chronicling of the London performances "will be sorely missed," Fowler says. "But everyone involved in that tour wants to take part."

Celebrities and insiders who knew and worked with Jackson also are expected to contribute. "We're asking people to write a sentence, a paragraph or a chapter," says Kraken's Jeff Wald. "We expect a huge turnout."

All books include Michael Jackson Opus Reality membership, which provides access to interactive footage with periodic updates.
Five copies signed by a variety of famous fans will be auctioned to benefit five charities favored by Jackson.

is this a book about him from someone who wants to make money or was michael involved in it/wrote it by himself?

Its going to cost a lot more after pre-sale is over on sept 30th. pre sale price is $165

Guys i really doubt that they can stay long time with the price of over 300$ for a book!!!! Come on, 300$ for a book?? Ok i know its a MJ book but even so, it´s an outrageous price. If they will try to sell it at that price i don´t predict big sales on the book! I think they will sell it at the price of the pre order, they are just marketing this to get many pre orders as they can get!! I won´t buy at the pre order... i´m gonna wait till it comes out.

it sounds awesome and a really nice collectors item. I am gonna have to get it cos I am a huge collector!! Hmmm, how does one go about robbing a bank?

I pre ordered mine can't wait to get it

Julia

Dear _____,

Kind Regards,

The Customer Care Team

Hm, that's interesting. But then a bit dangerous as well, isn't it? I mean, you send your card details to an e-mail address, no secure connection nothing... You never know what might happen.
Still, it's kinda tempting if they won't charge me right now...:smilerolleyes:

I'm hoping to pre-order it this week or next week.

I pre-odered it at the first day...can't wait to have it in my "gloved" Hands :)

I would love to purchase it but since I'm moving within the next 2-3 weeks I don't have any money to spend. :(

I pre-ordered mine yesterday too. I'm so excited for Christmas now. I haven't been this anxious since I was a kid. I'm grateful for the $165 price tag. =] Even though Michael's Opus is smaller than the others [from what I understand], they still could have sold it for $1000-1500 easily since the regular price for one of these is $2000+

Finally pre-ordered it myself today also. Already counting down the days 'til December :)

pre-ordered!!

:)

For people ask when they charge, I used a debit card. They did take it out immediately.

Do NOT send credit card details via e-mail. Ever.

Back