Official "Michael" Tracklist and First Single "Hold my Hand" Announcement

50CentMadeByKosYak_normal.jpg

50cent 50cent

michael reached out to me to do this song before he passed it going to be the biggest thing ever.hes the one we got our idea from

3 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

»
50CentMadeByKosYak_normal.jpg

50cent 50cent

support ya boy lloyd banks H.F.M.2 its on point and check me out on michael jackson new album

5 minutes ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

I was like this too yesterday, then i found out that it's the exact same version, no difference at all. It's just us who start to believe it's all different. And come on let's be real for a minute now..since when did we have to listen to a MJ song more than a few times to really find out it's MJ? I know i never had to...this IS saying someting.
It's not the same version. They've turned down the backing vocals on the bridge... "no matter what, they just wanna read again..."

In the first version all you heard was the backing vocals on that part. It sounded really overpowering and as if they were trying to cover up his vocals.

This newer version sounds a lot clearer and it sounds like the real deal. It's obviously Michael Jackson singing.

Look I'm excited about Hold My Hand finally getting the attention it deserves.

I hope everyone supports this album.

If there are songs not on there that you wanted on there DON'T WORRY, there is another album coming.. Someone asked Teddy Riley about one of those snippets and why it wasn't on the album, ( I think it was 'Carry On', and he said 'there is another lp coming'. They aren't going to give it to us all at once!

It is a bit surprising to see 50 cent there, but I remember some news about Michael calling The Game and 50 Cent and trying to get them to reconcile with each other.

What they missed on:

1. Will.I.Am tracks. No doubt in my mind these are among the best that haven't been released. And regardless of what RF says, there were 3 tracks completed.

2.. Jerkins. I know he was contacted by the Estate but why not at least one or two tracks included on this album?

3. The Katrina song. What ever happened to that? Bain said it was beautiful and MJ worked on it for a year.

4. Man In Black. Do You Know Where Your Children Are.

5. Outtakes for OTW and BAD I assume will be released on anniversary editions.

6. A Place With No Name. The rest of the huge batch of Invicible recordings, including with Babyface.
I want to hear the WILL.I.AM TRACKS so bad!!! Aaaaaaa they were the songs I waited the most and they're not there :( I just pray that someday they will be released, it's just that now would've been maybe the best time since Will.I.Am is still quite popular etc.

I'm looking forward to hearing the other songs anyway. Especially the 50 Cent song. VERY interesting! :wild:

BTW weren't the songs supposed to be 2000-onwards? But they're not?
I don't mind OTW and Bad outtakes being left out because they can be release on anniversary editions. APWNN and DYKWYCA I hope also will get released someday!

Last edited:
i don't even believe 50 cent:)) sorry i only believe michael :)
Monster snippet sounds real strange,the voice...but i guess michael wanted to sound strange or maybe they changed the voice!

I was like this too yesterday, then i found out that it's the exact same version, no difference at all. It's just us who start to believe it's all different. And come on let's be real for a minute now..since when did we have to listen to a MJ song more than a few times to really find out it's MJ? I know i never had to...this IS saying someting.

i SO understand what you're saying....but, now I've tried to to look at this a little differently...No, we had to really listen a few times to hear Mike in that song...but the reality, he's gone now....These are totally different circumstances that we have to deal with and accept now...

So is Monster really a Cascio song then? I can't imagine 50 Cent working on a song with Eddie Cascio??

I think we all just need to sit back and be happy we're getting any new music at all right now, and hold your judgement until you've listened to the entire album.

Just remember some of Michael's best songs didn't always make the same album he was working on. "Earth Song(What About Us)" was finally released what 5 years after it was written.

If there's one thing that makes being a Mj fan easier, it's the trait of patience.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news...article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002385180

Michael Jackson Eyeing 50 Cent Collaboration

Updating a story first posted here this afternoon, embattled pop star Michael Jackson is eyeing a collaboration with superstar rapper 50 Cent. The first fruit of a potential pairing would likely appear on a mixtape spearheaded by DJ Whoo Kid, who tells Billboard.com he is heading in two weeks to Jackson's new adopted home of Bahrain to take possession of tracks Jackson has been working on in his home studio.

50 Cent's spokesperson stresses that at deadline, the artist has made no commitment to appear on the mixtape or on Jackson's next studio album, which will be released on his new Two Seas label.

As previously reported, Two Seas Records is a joint venture between Jackson and Abdulla Hamad Al-Khalifa. U.K. record executive Guy Holmes has been tapped as CEO of the label and will also be tasked with managing Jackson's other business interests.

:salut:MICHAEL ALBUM TRACKLISTING::sun:

1. Hold My Hand (Duet with Akon)
2. Hollywood Tonight
3. Keep Your Head Up
4. (I Like) The Way You Love Me
5. Monster (Featuring 50 Cent)
6. Best Of Joy
7. Breaking News
8. (I Can’t Make It) Another Day (Featuring Lenny Kravitz)
9. Behind The Mask
10. Much Too Soon

www.michaeljackson.com

:girl_curtsey:LONG LIVE THE KING OF POP, MICHAEL JACKSON!:girl_in_love:

So is Monster really a Cascio song then? I can't imagine 50 Cent working on a song with Eddie Cascio??

...exactly my thoughts too as soon as I saw the 'feat. 50 cent'...I wonder if it really is a Cascio song...Wouldn't surprise me one bit if the song is NOT a Cascio...Nothing surprises me anymore...This is all just a wait and see type of thing...Kinda intriguing to me, actually :cheeky:

Here's my opinion on everything:

It's clear this is the final tracklist. With that said, I am going to support it. Why? Because I want to help MJ's kids and his legacy. That's the most important thing to me. Of course if MJ was alive, the album would look much more different... that's a given. But he's not here so unfortunately he can't give his say.

The estate can't make everyone happy but this is the tracklist they decided on. It's not my ideal but it's still decent enough given the circumstances. I'm excited to hear the new HMH and will be downloading it off I-tunes. (we need to give MJ a #1 song), I'm also pumped to hear Another Day and Much Too Soon. Monster with 50 Cent intrigues me, I feel better knowing MJ reached out to 50 Cent about the duet.

All I can say is, I know many fans will not be happy but I ask you this: you can help support MJ's legacy by buying the album. Sales reflect interest in the MJ brand as a whole. I am going to buy it for sure, and I'm excited. No point in getting down in the dumps over a few questionable songs. I always try to look at the glass half full, and I will do that with MICHAEL.

I hate to look the fool, but I can't find the player for the song anymore.
On the front page it has the preorder button and tracklisting press release, but the player is nowhere to be found.

Am I missing something?

I hate to look the fool, but I can't find the player for the song anymore.
On the front page it has the preorder button and tracklisting press release, but the player is nowhere to be found.

Am I missing something?

This version is different from the one streamed on Monday. They've turned down the backing vocals on the bridge and you can hear the lead vocal more clearly:

http://www.michaeljackson.com/uk/node/993645

It's clear this is the final tracklist. With that said, I am going to support it. Why? Because I want to help MJ's kids and his legacy. That's the most important thing to me. Of course if MJ was alive, the album would look much more different... that's a given. But he's not here so unfortunately he can't give his say.

The estate can't make everyone happy but this is the tracklist they decided on. It's not my ideal but it's still decent enough given the circumstances. I'm excited to hear the new HMH and will be downloading it off I-tunes. (we need to give MJ a #1 song), I'm also pumped to hear Another Day and Much Too Soon. Monster with 50 Cent intrigues me, I feel better knowing MJ reached out to 50 Cent about the duet.

All I can say is, I know many fans will not be happy but I ask you this: you can help support MJ's legacy by buying the album. Sales reflect interest in the MJ brand as a whole. I am going to buy it for sure, and I'm excited. No point in getting down in the dumps over a few questionable songs. I always try to look at the glass half full, and I will do that with MICHAEL.

everyone should read this. exactly the main point of this all.

can't wait , alot od great songs ....i wish they change the cover because i love to collect MJ's albums but this cover is soo bad !

I agree.
I will add to the MJ 3's piggybank. :wub::yes:
I'm sure Michael would want us to support his kids.

:clapping:

My view exactly. I am sick of seeing "fans" try to boycott products released after Michael's passing.

You boycott companies who use baby seals for nuclear bomb testing, not a a company that's releasing music to please the world and keep a true icon's legacy alive.

Agreed completely :)

The track list looks AMAZING, I cannot wait :D

smooth_criminal05;3071203 said:

It's clear this is the final tracklist. With that said, I am going to support it. Why? Because I want to help MJ's kids and his legacy.

I am a LTL but this controversy finally inspired me to get posting. I especially have enjoyed Smooth’s posts but I wanted to counter what Smooth said here (and a lot of fans) where the overall irritation is easing to acceptance of the situation.
Sony and the Estate have taken what is a bare bones demo and created an entirely new track with no real input by MJ on composition. The same thing was attempted last year with “This Is It”. “Breaking News” is the next step. The reality is there are less completed songs than everyone hoped. We the fans are happy with demos but “complete” new songs bring in money.

If Sony and the Estate pull this off with Breaking News (and seemingly Monster) then there will be more justification going forward for creating “new” MJ tracks unless we the fans help kill the interest. Do we want that? Questioning every song going forward? This isn’t even “In The Back” where MJ actually laid down a composition and riffed on top of that. This is something that was probably little more than a few voices and a chorus that was an idea, not a demo.

As for MJ’s children, they are fine; they most likely will never need another dime in their life. MJ’s legacy will always being full of positives and negatives but the music was the one thing MJ never compromised on.

Back to my point though. There is an extreme possibility that the MJ estate knows they have only a handful of completed tracks but they have a ton of demos/ideas. The chance for them to continually create new music is potentially limitless as long as the public buys it and is interested. Do we really want songs where the production essentially erases MJ all for the sake of a current song? Do we continually want MJ’s worst vocal performances (if it is him) released so that they can dilute his legacy. The Estate and Sony will make enough money going forward with concerts, DVDs, etc. The music’s integrity should trump all that. Eventually, is this path continues, the integrity will be damaged and sales will go down regardless all, seemingly, in the name of profits in the near future.

I'm really waiting what Hold My Hand will sound like! Is the time same as with Breaking News? If it is, that's great!

I never bought anything from i-tunes. Can someone tell me the price of the new single? I want to buy it.

I agree with Matty Jam. I have listened to the new one and now I am convinced MJ is singing. I wonder why we had to go through all of this. Surely when they listened to the original they could see the vocals were off. Why not fine tune it then and there before it was released to the public and days of drama could have been avoided. Because they did not pay attention to this fine detail, then fans who had a hard time (or who are still having a hard time) finding MJ are well withni their right in being upset. And in the end, this causes problems for everyone.

With that said, I am looking forward to this album. And I am looking forward to hearing the songss from MJ.

Hollywood Tonight?

Doesn't sound like a MJ song from the title...Unless it's a diss/ironic song...

I am looking forward to this. I still wish Michael was here though. I can't help it.

Back