Official "Michael" Tracklist and First Single "Hold my Hand" Announcement

I'm relatively interested in this tracklisting.

Here's hoping that "Hollywood Tonight" is not the same as "Burn Tonight", which is a Cascio track.

I'm very sad that "Do You Know Where Your Children Are" didn't make the cut, and I hope somebody leaks it.

"The Way You Love me" is a strange inclusion : we already have it. It's probably a new production, but why not include DYKWYCA if the idea was to include at least a couple of self-written MJ songs on there?

"Behind the mask" and "Much too soon" are very intriguing!

Here's my opinion on everything:

It's clear this is the final tracklist. With that said, I am going to support it. Why? Because I want to help MJ's kids and his legacy. That's the most important thing to me. Of course if MJ was alive, the album would look much more different... that's a given. But he's not here so unfortunately he can't give his say.

The estate can't make everyone happy but this is the tracklist they decided on. It's not my ideal but it's still decent enough given the circumstances. I'm excited to hear the new HMH and will be downloading it off I-tunes. (we need to give MJ a #1 song), I'm also pumped to hear Another Day and Much Too Soon. Monster with 50 Cent intrigues me, I feel better knowing MJ reached out to 50 Cent about the duet.

All I can say is, I know many fans will not be happy but I ask you this: you can help support MJ's legacy by buying the album. Sales reflect interest in the MJ brand as a whole. I am going to buy it for sure, and I'm excited. No point in getting down in the dumps over a few questionable songs. I always try to look at the glass half full, and I will do that with MICHAEL.
Great post. I completely agree.

u know ive been thinking, i dont think this is the album we have been waiting for. think this is just instead of bringing another greatest hits out.

think about it

i think they will bring another album out in the summer, with the will songs and sum darkchild songs etc. and tht will be the big one.

am i making any sence?

i just get the feeling there is another album coming after this very soon.

i know sum1 said teddy said there is gonna be a duet album aswell.

i was just thinking, michael is a album for xmas, instead of the usual greatest hits.

This is pretty exciting now, I think. Particularly given the rejuvenated version of "Breaking News".

Yes, if you listen to it on mj.com it is a more clearer, crisper version. I just love that song- It's always been MJ. Get over it pls. ppl.

everyone realizes that they plan to release other albums as well and if they put all the songs into one album they wouldn't have anything left for future albums, right?

Exactly, why would they release all the great songs in the first album? This is something we can look forward to! Again, Sony and the estate are doing the right thing. jeezzz

It'd be so nice if those of you who are being negative about this could stick your heads in some sand for a little while so the rest of us can enjoy this news.

You don't need to bring us all down with you.

I second that!

I don't see a problem if The Way You Love Me is the same song from TUC. I mean mostly us hardcore fans were the ones buying that set, so this will bring the song to a whole new audience. Before MJ even passed away, I was hoping some of the songs from TUC would make it on to his next album. I guess I got my wish.

I personally love TWYLM, and I'm glad we are getting a rejuvenated version, since I think the one we got was a demo(which I would have never thought it was) Anyway, it is written by Michael too!

[
We should be happy.

We get great songs this year - AND we know GREAT GREAT songs are still to be released someday.

Sure we WILL get APWNN, DYKWYCA, Gangsta, Carry On, etc etc. We will get them in due time.

To get something and to have something to look forward to is great. It's two gifts.

We have sooo much too look forward to. The future will be great.

L.O.V.E.

Yes Hess. Thank you!!

I am totaly outraged by the tracklisting !

I really think this album won't be release !!!!!!

50 cent !!!!! what is the **** ??????

where is a place with no name ?

GOD PLEASE WHERE IS MICHAEL JACKSON ?

Oh please go away- I've had enough of your negativity. Can't be happy for once. If not then don't drag the rest of us into your misery.

I think die hard fans (for a large portion) are getting way too overly stressed about this.. While millions of people are just going to buy the album because of enjoyable MJ music.. But we have to disect every little issue, every little problem, every little thing.. We take the cover and zoom into things and ask WHY they put prince symbol? (I dont like it) but do u really think the millions are going to care? or even prolly notice??

some want to boycott the album because of "Cascio" tracks while we only heard 1 and a sample.. and the sample is MAGIC!!

People are going to love the music and let people enjoy it.. shiz!! They don't care about the politics...

Wasn't Thriller 25 the second best selling album the yr it was released?? jsut remixes and same old stuff?? OK then.. MICHAEl album has all ready more pre orders than most albums do sell in total now days..

ITS TIME TO CELEBRATE if you ask me.. Enjoy the tracks that you fall in love for.. and if you have beef with a track.. hit the SKIP botton.. SIMPLE!

O my gosh couldn't have said it any better. Thank you for that!

Thank you Hess, KOPV and others that are grateful and stoked about this new album!!! It is awesome to come here and feel the love. For those of you who are still negative, I really feel bad for you. You will never be satisfied will you? Do you realize that Michael is not here? Can you just be happy for what we are getting? My goodness guys.

But on a happier note, I can't wait to hear all the songs. They seem amazing! I know a lot of you wanted to hear Behind the Mask badly, and here it is. Much too Soon sounds just out of this world! I love BN- I don't CARE what anybody says= its Michael. I am so happy I could burst!! Woo hoo!

And just another thing - Sony and the estate in trying to bring this album together had to strike a careful balance between the desires of hard core fans and the appeal this album would have commercially. In order for this album to be successful it has to appeal to the masses not just us hard core fans (although I have to admit, I love anything that Michael puts out).
So keeping that in mind, I'm sure the songs in this album will most probably appeal to both. Though sadly some fans will never ever be satisfied that has been clear for me ever since I started posting in this and other forums.

Anyway, let's just rejoice! Hold My Hand is coming -love that song, always have. Michael loved it too. He wanted this song to be his first single. So the estate is honoring that. Give the estate some credit for that for those who have a hard time giving the estate any credit that is.

I know this sounds corny, but why don't all of us here listen to the lyrics of that song and HOLD HANDS and LOVE , life is too short!! L.O.V.E.:D

You boycott companies who use baby seals for nuclear bomb testing, not a a company that's releasing music to please the world and keep a true icon's legacy alive.

:clapping:

My point is this and it's simple. I wanna help the Estate. Cause in 10-15 years this Estate will land on Mike's kids hands.

Michael left them this Estate. Mike is not longer here, so the ones in charge of it, are bound to make mistakes... But Mike's children are still little, and they need protection.... they cannot come and lead the business....

So I will wait patiently for them to grow. Meanwhile I help as I can by buying music.

Today I've bought the new album and Vision. Then I went to a charity site and gave donation for poor people, thinking that Mike would have loved that. God bless him and bless his children.:wub:
This is my path, keeping simple, help, pray, do good in the world.... If I am naive better be this way than upset all the time, not content. Better see the full part of the glass.

Ah, and do not ever forget 20% that Estate makes, will go to charities, every year.

God bless you too children of the world. :)

Last edited:
lol

Ok, I'm outta here. There's just no amount of reasoning or common sense that will stop all this negativity. It's like a bloody tidal wave! And none of you (with your negative "opinions") even realize how much this place is starting to sound like a bad tabloid show!

I really, really, really hope we can all have a good laugh about this situation in a month or two from now, because right now it's just unbearable.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

I agree with Matty Jam. I have listened to the new one and now I am convinced MJ is singing. I wonder why we had to go through all of this. Surely when they listened to the original they could see the vocals were off. Why not fine tune it then and there before it was released to the public and days of drama could have been avoided. Because they did not pay attention to this fine detail, then fans who had a hard time (or who are still having a hard time) finding MJ are well withni their right in being upset. And in the end, this causes problems for everyone.

With that said, I am looking forward to this album. And I am looking forward to hearing the songss from MJ.

I know, it's so frustrating. This whole mess could've been easily avoided. The newer version sounds like Michael Jackson. I played it to my brother this afternoon (who is a casual fan) and he hadn't heard the first version... he said "so what's all the fuss about? Sounds like him to me."

MJReality;3071272 said:
I am a LTL but this controversy finally inspired me to get posting. I especially have enjoyed Smooth’s posts but I wanted to counter what Smooth said here (and a lot of fans) where the overall irritation is easing to acceptance of the situation.
Sony and the Estate have taken what is a bare bones demo and created an entirely new track with no real input by MJ on composition. The same thing was attempted last year with “This Is It”. “Breaking News” is the next step. The reality is there are less completed songs than everyone hoped. We the fans are happy with demos but “complete” new songs bring in money.

If Sony and the Estate pull this off with Breaking News (and seemingly Monster) then there will be more justification going forward for creating “new” MJ tracks unless we the fans help kill the interest. Do we want that? Questioning every song going forward? This isn’t even “In The Back” where MJ actually laid down a composition and riffed on top of that. This is something that was probably little more than a few voices and a chorus that was an idea, not a demo.

As for MJ’s children, they are fine; they most likely will never need another dime in their life. MJ’s legacy will always being full of positives and negatives but the music was the one thing MJ never compromised on.

Back to my point though. There is an extreme possibility that the MJ estate knows they have only a handful of completed tracks but they have a ton of demos/ideas. The chance for them to continually create new music is potentially limitless as long as the public buys it and is interested. Do we really want songs where the production essentially erases MJ all for the sake of a current song? Do we continually want MJ’s worst vocal performances (if it is him) released so that they can dilute his legacy. The Estate and Sony will make enough money going forward with concerts, DVDs, etc. The music’s integrity should trump all that. Eventually, is this path continues, the integrity will be damaged and sales will go down regardless all, seemingly, in the name of profits in the near future.

I believe I have to agree with all this - which is why I wonder if boycotting the album isn't the only way to save his untouchable legacy as a musical artist!:mello:

MJreality
it makes sense what you said up to a point. We can observe Sony & Estate. After more than 2-3-4 albums we can stop buying. Because it would become evident that they do not have any more tracks.

But by then why rushing? I can sit calmly and wait for few albums to pass, before starting to not buy a thing. I can change my mind whenever I want in regarding this matter.

As for children of Michael, yeah they got money.
But in the event of Estate going broke at some point - God knows with this bad economy... This would have to see ATV catalog and MJ catalog.
We all know there are vultures out there salivating after those 2. They were after those, when Mike was still alive.

I believe I have to agree with all this - which is why I wonder if boycotting the album isn't the only way to save his untouchable legacy as a musical artist!:mello:

If this is untouchable why the need to be saved? contradiction here.

Better boycott other things... there are so many awful things going on...

The new Take That album has 10 songs - I haven't heart any single TT fan complain about that!

10 songs is FINE - come on people. Stop this crazy nonsens talk.

Thriller had 9 songs - Enough said !

The new Take That album has 10 songs - I haven't heart any single TT fan complain about that!

It is just that 3 are fake. 10 is great.

buy the single make mj number 1!!!!!!!!!!

You can be sure of this: if I listen to this track and I feel MJ is really MJ there (as we know it should be the case, for this is not totally new), I WILL BUY THIS SONG FOR SURE!!

No question about it. I am not for piracy, and I have never been for that. When it comes to Michael, just the legal thing is what I want.

I am confident this will, of course, be a real MJ (+Akon) track, so no matter what I think of BN, yes, sure! I will buy Hold my Hand.

Man, I might hate BN for all the crap and mess it brought to us, for it really ruined my trust in this album and killed my excitment, but it didn't change my love for Michael and his music a bit. Why would it be so?

If there is ONE person who is totally innocent in all this mess, man!! That is MICHAEL JOSEPH JACKSON. So yes, I will buy all real MJ tracks. Sure. Absolutely sure, no single question on that point!

:flowers:

wwwwooooowwww... in a way, saying this made me feel a bit better. May this continue. Please, Estate / $ony, this little MJ fan here BEGS YOU not to destroy this little bit of peace in me again. Please don't!! :(

well, friend, I think we can't compare.
TT returned a long ago, the only "novelty" this time is RB is back (at least for now). But during the last years we have had lots of TT, from tv shows to the 1,340,000 tickets they sold in one day a few days ago.

But still, 10 songs it's ok. They have to make it last, I guess :ermm:

why do we keep going to the group Take That? They have NOTHING on michael and it doesn't need to be discussed in here the ratings of some other artist.

50 Cent? 50 F***ING CENT?? Is Sony serious with that bulls**it????? Like FOR REAL??? I've NEVER been so angry in my life. It's bad enough Hold My Hand has Akon's horrid vocals all over the track, but now you're telling me that Sony put 50 Cent on a track as well??? Like FU**ING FOR REAL??? 50 Cent is the VERY opposite of all Michael was: He's a misogynist, uneducated, ghetto trash scum with a limited vocabulary, and a penchant for calling women bitches and hoes. THAT is who they want on a track on a Michael Jackson album? Like are they serious with this bullsh*t??? I don't give a **** that he did a "tribute" to Michael after he died. I couldn't care LESS.

I just CANNOT right now. I can't. I wanna scream. What the **** is that song anyway? Isn't that one of the Cascio tracks? I feel like throwing something!!! I've tried to remain silent for the most part regarding this new CD but this is just too fu**ing MUCH!!! 50 FUCKING CENT!!! Oh my God. Stab me NOW and put me out of my MISERY!!!

I can't see myself supporting this CD. I just can't do it. For me it's not about real vocals or fake vocals or any of that. I am SO particular about my music and the one thing I've always loved about Michael's music is that it was never JUST thrown together, he took TIME, to get things right, and perfect everything, and he didnt' have a whole bunch of UNWORTHY "guest stars"all over his songs. Because he's not here to approve this, it seems like a bunch of rag tag bullsh*t ass tracks throw together with f**king SHAT like Akon and 50 Fu*king Cent. Sony can keep that shit cause I dont' want it.

I'm very excited about the new album. Are there a few songs I wish were on it - yeah but you know what I can wait, they can't all be on this one album.

I will support this with all my heart, will do everything I can to make it No. 1. Multiple copies for me and copies for everyone I know.

I so agree the future will be great.

Back