Old voice or New Voice?

Old Voice Or New Voice?

• Total voters
I love his voice all the time. But I especially like it in We've Had Enough and in the movie TII. IT's a little deeper, a little more mature. A little sexier, if that's possible.....

I like all Michael's voices.
The most favorite voice is laughter.
Michael's smile helps me. Thank you Michael.

I especially like the unauthorized interview of Michael in 1983. The voice there is so dreamy..:wub::wub: Anyway, old or new still Michael. I'm sure if he did the 1983 interview again, he could still pull that dreamy voice:wub::wub:

i think the older voice, from history till this is it.. but the first link to compare wbss isnt working, im curious so can someone re upload the site or post a good link??

I think my fav would be right in the middle.. I love from way beginning to the end.. (wierd to say "End") but 1990's were where his vocals came full cycle and his range and fluency was the strongest..

And ya!! Who in the heck said they didn't like his voice?? lol! that's funny to see in an MJ forum and rare to see anywhere

his voice sounds the same to me, it didnt change once he hit puberty only his music style changed so thats not the same thing at all

Considering that his older voice is his younger voice and his newer voice is his "older" voice (isn't the English language so nifty) I'd have to pick the latter for my preference.

Both equally, I even like when his voice is deeper on "2000 Watts".

Tough choice. I went with 'both' after all...

Young MJ, older MJ... they're both awesome. :D

Both are good, but old is better and have greater possibilities.

Both, although I have to say I prefer a more mature voice. That way the vocal performance is raw because you can hear the experiences that helped shape it.

New mature voice which is more gritty (if he wanted that) than smooth MJ. Plus it's lower. I like when he sings in slightly lower pitch.

Check this out:
4:05 "Even Though You're Gone"
2:31 "The Girl Is Mine 2008"

Also, compare "Here I Am (Come And Take Me)" - "Free" - "Beautiful Girl." It sounds like his voice softened a little, but it's more him learning how to use it. You can hear in those songs it's the same voice, but different technique. I think Michael had all those voices in him always, but it just took years for him to bring them to the outside. Those 'oohs' at the end of Here I Am (Come And Take Me) will give you chills!

Check this out:
4:05 "Even Though You're Gone"
2:31 "The Girl Is Mine 2008"

Also, compare "Here I Am (Come And Take Me)" - "Free" - "Beautiful Girl." It sounds like his voice softened a little, but it's more him learning how to use it. You can hear in those songs it's the same voice, but different technique. I think Michael had all those voices in him always, but it just took years for him to bring them to the outside. Those 'oohs' at the end of Here I Am (Come And Take Me) will give you chills!

The Girl Is Mine 2008 uses the original demo vocals so it was only recorded 5 years after Even Though You're Gone.

I LOVE BOTH. I don't think his voice changed that much as he grew older but it was definitely deeper, just a tiny bit and I love that. Invincible is a great example, of course. So both , his voice was always :wub: And LOL, how could those 4 people that said they never liked his voice be on the forum anyway? that's..odd. All about his moves I guess..but still :trish:

Back