One Word Names for Michael's Next Album

eternitys_child

Proud Member
J5's comment in the Past, Present, and Future Thread that "MJ will name the album ONE WORD. ONE. :lol: And it'll probably a really arrogant sounding title, but actually be about a girl in a song :lol: " made me start to think about that and you know he is right. Just think of the way Michael gave his albums gansta sounding one word names in the past and then they would be all sweet or yeah... about a girl.

So we can narrow this down folks. What do you think the new 'One Word' title will be ....

My first guess (splitting off from that phony Loaded Palette chart that keeps popping up) is

'Loaded'

because we know MJ is that... :p

What is yours?

How about "Michael" or "Simply Michael", but since it's ONE word I'd go with the first. lol
That's something he hasn't done before, has he??

Oh, and how about "One"? LOL

Last edited:
How about "Michael" or "Simply Michael", but since it's ONE word I'd go with the first. lol
That's something he hasn't done before, has he??

Oh, and how about "One"? LOL
Wow... you are right.

I would like 'Michael' or 'Mike' or 'MJ'

Wait... wasn't there an album called 'Michael' from when he was a kid?

How about any of these?

unconquerable, invulnerable, unshakable, indomitable, impregnable, unassailable, insuperable, indestructible, supreme, insurmountable, irrepressible, unbeatable

:lol:

Especially indomitable. Or impregnable. :mello: :lol:

Loaded is fine. Loaded Palette is pathetic, on the other hand.

I always use the "(insert name here) World Tour" technique.

For example, let's try "Loaded" as a new album name ---> Loaded World Tour ---> Sounds perfectly fine.

If it sounds right with "world tour" after it, I think it's a contender.

Try all his past album names.. They ALL fit perfectly. Bad, Dangerous, HIStory..

He's gonna choose a name similar to these names. One word, and definitive in nature.

Last edited:
My first guess (splitting off from that phony Loaded Palette chart that keeps popping up) is

'Loaded'

because we know MJ is that... :p
That's way too dirty for MJ. He's got some sexual songs, but I don't think he's prepared to go that far. lol

And eternitys_child, the album you're thinking of from MJ's Motown days is "Forever, Michael".

Last edited:
Loaded is fine. Loaded Palette is pathetic, on the other hand.

I always use the "(insert name here) World Tour" technique.

For example, let's try "Loaded" as a new album name ---> Loaded World Tour ---> Sounds perfectly fine.

If it sounds right with "world tour" after it, I think it's a contender.

Try all his past album names.. They ALL fit perfectly. Bad, Dangerous, HIStory..

He's gonna choose a name similar to these names. One word, and definitive in nature.

I don't know if that same rule would apply for this album though because MJ's made it pretty clear he does not want to tour. So picking an album name that sounds good in front of "world tour" will be irrelevant to him this time around.

I've been saying this for years, MJ's next album should be self titled.

I don't know if that same rule would apply for this album though because MJ's made it pretty clear he does not want to tour. So picking an album name that sounds good in front of "world tour" will be irrelevant to him this time around.

Actually I fully agree. Self-titled would be very appropriate.

What do you mean by self titled?

I'm going to add to eighthnote's list:

Gangsta
Truth
Steady
Tough
Baller
Serious
Unshakable
Mysterious
Irreplaceable
Immovable
Phoenix
Resolved
Relentless

Self titled means the album has the same name as the artist. Famous self titled albums include Elvis Presley by Elvis Presley, The Doors by The Doors, The Beatles by The Beatles, Led Zeppelin by Led Zeppelin, Prince by Prince, Madonna by Madonna. Every good artist has a self titled album at some point in their career. It's time for MJ's. Michael Jackson by Michael Jackson.

Last edited:
One word titles are so simple yet so powerful.. I love em'

Self titled means the album has the same name as the artist. Famous self titled albums include Elvis Presley by Elvis Presley, The Doors by The Doors, The Beatles by The Beatles, Led Zeppelin by Led Zeppelin, Prince by Prince, Madonna by Madonna. Every good artist has a self titled album at some point in their career. It's time for MJ's. Michael Jackson by Michael Jackson.
Oh... self titled is 'Michael'?

Yeah... I do like that best. And I think you are right, in the past MIchael has always had another word with it.

Considering the import of this next album, Michael is appropriate.

But it would break the tradition of having his album named after a song in the track list...

That's way too dirty for MJ. He's got some sexual songs, but I don't think he's prepared to go that far. lol

And eternitys_child, the album you're thinking of from MJ's Motown days is "Forever, Michael".
'Loaded' doesn't have to be sexual any more than Rock and Roll does or 'let me take you there'. It depends on where your mind goes. ;)

I would like something like 'LEAGACY'

Of course it depends on the title tracks, but if he would have a song of it.. YA

Ok here's my guess:

"FOREVER"

or maybe "ETERNAL"

"TRANSCENDENCE" would be cool as well!

Personally I dont like the idea of MJ doing a self titled album. He's always had eye catching powerful names.

Personally I dont like the idea of MJ doing a self titled album. He's always had eye catching powerful names.
Maybe, but to me 'Michael' all by itself is powerful. Not Michael Jackson, but Michael. For how many artists can you just say their first name and everyone knows who you are talking about? And it would mean he claims this album like no other. That would be daring.

Hmmm...

How about

Dare

?

I have always wanted a self titled album as well. Basically like the Beatles white album with the MJ logo on the cover. But to stick with the topic I have chosen a few.

Those with an inviting theme:
-Reflection
-Blessed
-Underneath

Those with an intimidating theme:
-Fearless
-Cyclonic

Whatever it is, it would have to be an adverb. Some that describes a person, place or thing. Think of what Will I. Am said the songs they did are about and that will help with the name of the album. Maybe just the title: Love would be the answer because that is what most of the songs will be about. The Love Tour sounds nice. :cool:

Ticie,
The JACKSONOLOGIST

Maybe, but to me 'Michael' all by itself is powerful. Not Michael Jackson, but Michael. For how many artists can you just say their first name and everyone knows who you are talking about? And it would mean he claims this album like no other. That would be daring.

Hmmm...

How about

Dare

?

Meh. Although MJ is iconic, there are a lot of famous Michael's LOL

I just think it's not eye catching at all. Like when I hear something saying "Michael's new album DANGEROUS" or "New album INVINCIBLE" or "New album BAD"....I'm like ooo! What's that about? Not so much if I hear "Michael's new self titled album"

Back