Post-it-notes give clue to Michael's state of mind before he passed?

hi, i understand where youre coming from. as someone who deals with people with mental illness post it notes can be a good way of helping ground a person and reminding them of things they need to do, as often those with mental illness find it difficult to cope and struggle with routine and structure due to feelings of overwhelness. often doctors and psychologists recommend structure and routine after diagnosis and post it notes can be helpful. likewise with drugs, using combinations can be lethal and sometimes by combining drugs it can prolong anxiety and sleep disturbances - often to the frustration of the user.

I was merely posing a question, I realize we do not know if this is true. I talked to a mental health professional today and asked their opinion and they said that this was to them indictive of a mental health probllem.
Not saying whether it is true or not but all I can say is I trust Karen Faye and 1 in four of us will have mental health issues in our lives. It would not be at all suprising if poor Michael sleeping problem was caused by anxiety- I know I've been there. People take sedatives for a reason. There is no shame in taking stuff you need for a physical OR mental problem.
This idea of mine is not any media bull it's just my view. Not disrespect intended.
I miss Michael so much I want to explore ALL the factors that led to his death no matter how hard they may be.
Peacex

i found a post-it-note in my room saying that string cheese is good..... What does that say about me? That i was bored and wanted to play with post-it-notes?

I sure WISH one of the notes had of read: BEWARE OF DR. MURRAY!!!! HE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT "F" HE IS DOING----STAY AWAY FROM HIM!!!

Hello
Something that is bothering me-the story about LAPD finding loads of post-its at Holmby Hills in Michael's room with phrases like 'Children are sweet'. We all know MJ had a innocent love for children but why write it down? I think I recall maybe a similiar incident in 1993 when Michael allegedly scrawled similiar sentiments on a hotel walls, Just wondering if this is a clue to his state of mind. If you visit Karen's facebook site she says something similiar relating to his state of mind before he passed.

I dont think there is any peculiar about it
I remember reading an article from someone before who had
been around Michael while touring he was touring stating
MJ would post positive messages reminders and quotes to
inspire him on his mirror and walls_ Its a good thing and it
just seems so Michael :wub: and many people do the same thing -

In fact many books about keeping positive and mentally healthy
have been written encouraing people to do that - It is a good positive,
mentally healthy thing to do. I do it with scriptures from the bible
and with postive quote to focus on - especially now when going though
this grieving period - but even when not I have them posted on my PC
and mirror in my room ...

It has nothing to do with having mental problems
its for anyone .. who want to stay focused and positive.
plus MJ would write down thoughts that he may want to use
in a song and save it _ post it so it is in front of him to focus
on _ there is nothing strange about doing that - especially
for an artist or writer -

why are fans trying to make everything MJ did
something negative or mentally unstable -
Poor Michael ..

did MJ sufeer from depression or anxiety sometimes
Im sure he did _ as do probably over HALF the people on this forum
It doesnt mean they are unstable or a mental case ..

and no professional would say posting notes around your room
was a sign of mental illness _ ONLY a quack quack quack would
say that ...

Last edited:
Maybe he just likes writing down his thoughts. Big deal!

The media make like a novel out of everything.

I dont think there is any peculiar about it
I remember reading an article from someone before who had
been around Michael while touring he was touring stating
MJ would post positive messages reminders and quotes to
inspire him on his mirror and walls_ Its a good thing and it
just seems so Michael :wub: and many people do the same thing -

In fact many books about keeping positive and mentally healthy
have been written encouraing people to do that - It is a good positive,
mentally healthy thing to do. I do it with scriptures from the bible
and with postive quote to focus on - especially now when going though
this grieving period - but even when not I have them posted on my PC
and mirror in my room ...

It has nothing to do with having mental problems
its for anyone .. who want to stay focused and positive.
plus MJ would write down thoughts that he may want to use
in a song and save it _ post it so it is in front of him to focus
on _ there is nothing strange about doing that - especially
for an artist or writer -

why are fans trying to make everything MJ did
something negative or mentally unstable -
Poor Michael ..

did MJ sufeer from depression or anxiety sometimes
Im sure he did _ as do probably over HALF the people on this forum
It doesnt mean they are unstable or a mental case ..

and no professional would say posting notes around your room
was a sign of mental illness _ ONLY a quack quack quack would
say that ...
Thank you Qbees.
Sometimes I wonder about some people on this forum.
We need to be careful not be brainwashed by th media and the so called " acceptable society norms".

I don't think there is anything wrong with the post-its if this is even true. Most people write them and most creative people especially songwriters write down random thoughts that come to them. If he is 'mad' for writing them in the eyes of the media, well then most news writers are hypocrites because are you telling me they don't have them all over their desk when collating stories...?

Isnt it the whole point of post it notes to post them places? If doing such things with the things which were invented to do is a crime then geeshhh some one needs to go and arrest the CEO of post it notes........

I never said MJ was unstable or a mental case. Stop putting Michael on a pedestal.
And yes I'm sure many people on this forum have suffered similiar problems including myself. But ufortunately many people seem to be sadly mis-informed about mental illness on this board and seem to have a very old-fashioned attitude at the very mention of it.
I think using the phrase ' I don't think there is anything wrong' with using pos-it-notes is a misinterpretation of what I am saying. I never said it was wrong anywhere that he used post it notes- It was the context he used them in i.e before his death.

I never said MJ was unstable or a mental case. Stop putting Michael on a pedestal.

How is saying using post-it notes is not a sign of psychosis putting him on a pedastal exactly? Millions of people use post-it notes everyday, so these statements pertain to many, not just Michael. To really be 'putting Michael on a pedestal' would be to call him a saint or a god or something.

last I heard - there was like 20 post it notes on the wall. Of course they pick one that could be most misrepresented .... and leak it and the media will run with it.

to take anything in context, why don't they say what the other 19 sticky notes say..... instead of insinuating something ...... typical.

lastly, -- "children are sweet and innocent"- one of his kids must have said something.... as a reminder he puts it on his wall.... I wasn't there so I really don't know.

agree...why no mention all the other notes? and maybe he was writing a song or something and he didn't want to forget it. Who knows

I write stuff on post it notes all the time so that I don't forget something or if I need motivation.

Anyways, we don't know if this is true and if it is, I don't see anything wrong with it either.

Also, anyone think that one of the kids could have written it and post it in Dad's bedroom? Paris was leaving notes for her father everywhere!

I think the media are just trying to twist things again and make it seem weird and sinister than what it reallys is.

this could be in response to something his kids did. People really need to stop searching for stuff that isn't there. Its really getting stupid.

I'm not searching for stuff that isn't there. I thought this was MJJC iNVESTIGATIVE UNIT!
I thought we were allowed respectful discussion of ideas etc.

we don't know what the other post-it-notes said...maybe there were idea for songs,etc

OMG...a note saying Children are sweet...my god...there definitely must be something wrong with his mental state....sigh. Are they for real with this one? So if i write 'My Bulldog is sweet' on a note...there must be something wrong with me?

Who is even saying this?

It was in an online article I read...the telegraph i think. It also said he had a 'child-size china doll with a dress on his bed' big effing wow

Hard to say if these notes were relevant in any way without other information. For all we know it could have been a long-standing habit of his, to jot things down on notes and stick them up. On the otherhand, if he didn't usually do this and he was showing signs of agitation, then it might tell us something else. But that's for the investigators to find out, I hope. Lack of good information is very frustrating but understandable at this point imo.

post it notes are similar to what we're doing with our facebook pages or whatever, when we change our mood and use a different status...the notes we're his way of motivating himself, I don't see anything unusual about that
and what people say about Karen alluding to this and that about Michael - this is starting to get old. yes she had access to Michael and she knew him for 25 years BUT I realized she was not that close to him, she only says things from what she perceives, we don't have to cling onto every word she says
and one more thing - Michael was NOT crazy!

What is f...ing wrong with some people? So Michael can't put a note on his wall without being called nuts? No, seriously!

Maybe somebody left this post on purpose? Nobody did an expertise if it was Michael's handwriting. As an example, Uri Geller could leave. He is an evil person. He was in his house 30 minutes after ambulance drove Michael to the hospital.

Back