Post-it-notes give clue to Michael's state of mind before he passed?

WHY are you all so sensitive about any mention of Mj's mental health? What's the matter with you people? We should keep an open mind. Or is it because you are afraid of the whole topic? NO-ONE would have come out of that trial mentally unscathed. Anyone who thinks he would is kidding themselves.

from a Rolling Stone cover story: Is Michael Jackson For Real?
Sep 24, 1987

"Michael Jackson is fond of writing himself messages. In his house and around its grounds are signs on posts and walls, sweet aphorisms about the importance of memories, of reaching for the stars and following your dreams, that sort of thing."

- so he's been doing it before BAD came out, and most probably even way before that- and not just before he died, with all the negative implications media has been giving alongside the information.

Last edited:
Some of you need to wake up. Ian Halpern is pushing this story and with Karen confirming it in her own way, he looks like a "credible" source for all things Michael Jackson. I'm not saying that Jackson was 100% mentally but this is getting ridiculous. Karen needs to shut up turn that Facebook page into a biography or something.

this is exactly what im saying,members on here need to have a open mind about why MJ is no longer here,questions need to be raised not just dismissed because its MJ were talking about and the negative side to it,
WHY was the concerts pushed back 5 DAYS?
its neighter here nor there ,its going to disrupt many fans coming from around the world,with hotels,flights,tickets,i think AEG knew something was up then with MJ,hes on record as aying he hates touring,he only wanted 10 as announced by himself at the press con,Randy AEG liar twisted that he cryed to him 'how many shows do i have to do' in a subtle way,85 maximum 50 minimum,china next,if you compare him to the dangerous rehaersals and the TII rehearsals not taken into account his age he looks very out of breath near the end of the video.
5 days doesnt make any sense,what did they put it down to?production costs or logistics,even though they had from March to plan it out,i dont think so,dont believe Dileo either,i think Mike was stalling and maybe wanted them put back further or cancelling all together. wake up MJJC members details need to be looked into .

MJ was human....like each and every one of us he also scribbled thoughts down...some do it online, some do it in scrapbooks....some use post its...some do it on their palm PC...I really dont get what the big issue is about those post its...it is human..
i myself have notes in 3 languages as I live inbetween 3 languages...some thoughts are in English some are in German and some are on my native...am I supposed to be crazy for having them in 3 different languages :)
dont read much into stuff more than what they are ....they are just post its...

I don't think nothing wrong with it! Shoot! I thought everybody do this! at least I do to remember stuff or when people are bothering me and I gotta get it out my system..

Prob some stupid Grown folk did something wrong to mike and he just thought about how innocent and sweet kids were.

I write post it notes to myself all the time... be it reminders, study notes, songs I've heard somewhere and want to download. My flat and office is littered with coloured post-it notes and clippings :lol: This is how I work, it's how I remember things (I'm one of those folks that remembers things by colour and all that...)

I hate how articles are making this look like peculiar behaviour. Ain't nothing sinister about it! If anything... it reminds us that Michael is EXACTLY like us :lol:

sorry but :swoon:... you need to connect me to this person... this would be the very first time I heard of someone diagnosing a mental health problem cuz of post its... I need to be clear about this persons education... NOONE REALLY PROFESSIONAL would really make such a suggestion well unless of cuz they want their five minutes (even if hopefully only with you lol)... if you want to look at it this way then someone not getting out of bed could be a indication of a mental health problem also (although this person could be also simply just tired). Someone not smiling about someone else making a lousy joke... could be an indication for a mental problem (although the person might only didn't hear the joke)... please please please believe me... someone doing such a 'diagnose' only on the suggestion that there were 20 post its on the walls and one with the remark mentioned should go back to University or collage and soon... because saying so to me is really more than questionable if it comes from someone working in the mental health field... well I'm not sure... but could be... maybe we do have a mental health problem here with someone taking themselves just toooooooooo overly important, self esteem, self confidence?! :giggle: ok don't take me serious on the last part cuz as you've might guessed rightfully already, I am a professional in the mental health field and I've learned better than that, really.
Oh and if you see that person again, could you hand this post please to them... at least they should have a chance to be reminded of what they've really studied (did they study at all?) once.

I'll give you an eternal rule which we were given in our very first reading at University: Never do believe someone giving a diagnose about someone whom they do not know in person. NEVER. Those ppl are more wannabees than they could ever be called professional.
Well my prof talked more about those guys on TV and such... but it's valid everywhere and with everyone I think. Very good rule.

Excellent post! :clapping:

It is known people who write in whatever form put their ideas etc down, words, whenever they enter their heads or wake up from dreams.

My old neighbour is a writer and her house was full of post-it notes , she even has them all over her car doors.......

i agree. the trial obviously had lasting effects. to deny this is really baffling but people can be so in denial at times. its just human nature.

WHY are you all so sensitive about any mention of Mj's mental health? What's the matter with you people? We should keep an open mind. Or is it because you are afraid of the whole topic? NO-ONE would have come out of that trial mentally unscathed. Anyone who thinks he would is kidding themselves.

We heard that he was mentally unstable after the trial but that doesn't necessarily mean MJ's state was beyond "f***ed up" when police found the post-it notes.

Well Michael was writing notes to himself since his early days..The man was a Genius and a a prolific song writer..Why are some trying to label him as being Mental? It is because he is dead and cannot defend himself like he does..
Tell me why was the Post-it invented if not to be used in this way?
I am yet to see a mentally ill patient write post its or even write notes..

Okay? I write in post-its... That doesn't mean I'm crazy, schiznophrenic, or cant tell wrong from right. Rolling Stones should stick to writing about music but then again, those kind of news dont sell much nowadays, huh? -_-

I fail to see why this is significant.

My walls are littered with post-its. I don't even remember writing some of them, haha.
Every time a thought pops into my head that makes me think "this is important, I want to remember this", I write it down on a sticky note and it goes either on my wall, on the bathroom mirror, in my journal, wherever.

I've got little notes scattered around my apartment with everything from train schedules to ideas for papers I'm writing, musicians I want to look up later to things that struck me as interesting that day.

This isn't a totally uncommon thing for people to do either.
In fact, I find it rather endearing of MJ.

Well this can mean anything but who knows. Personally I do feel something was not right with Michael in the end , to the point that he needed propofol to sleep I know because of sleeping troubles he had but still it had to be another way for him to get sleep instead of that.

Hard to say if these notes were relevant in any way without other information. For all we know it could have been a long-standing habit of his, to jot things down on notes and stick them up. On the otherhand, if he didn't usually do this and he was showing signs of agitation, then it might tell us something else. But that's for the investigators to find out, I hope. Lack of good information is very frustrating but understandable at this point imo.

Couldn't agree more.
It's only the bigger picture ( what did the other notes say and was this a habit of him or not, were they in his handwriting). It could be part of a creative process or something else entirely and without a context there is no way for us to really know at this point.

guys..guys......you'll go crazy if you'll try to understand everything little detail about MJ. He's a GENUIS....and his kind are just so unique and out of touch that we simply human cannot possibly fathom.......let us just love and respect him as we see him......

As for me....evrything that is about MJ is MAGIC......there's no need to comprehend or interpret just LOVE him as he is.....

C'mon! :ermm: Many times I write notes with random ideas and of course, there's nothing wrong with MJ's notes, please he only wrote 'Children are sweet', he didn't wrote 'i want to kill somebody' or something like that. I found nothing strange in these notes, in any case i'm ignorant about his state of mind and I think that his psychic state can't be known by notes like those.

Artists tend to say their work comes from above, usually because ideas and creativity pops in their heads at any moment, you are supposed to immediatly write it down so you don't lose the inspired thought. Post it notes are ideal for that. Michael himself has described where he was doing everyday things and a song idea came from nowhere and he immediatly started to work on it even in the dead of night.

I totally agreen with this... I write Poems - and they come in pieces I write them down on note pads - instead of sticky notes - but same idea. Somestime the words / thoughts come to me in the middle of my work day - then I grab whatever paper is near to write it on.

:clapping:

Yeah I do this all the time for poems, lyrics etc. that I wrote. I will get an idea, and sometimes that idea will be linked to a phrase that sums it up just to me, and when I see it later on I'll just write it down on a piece of paper from my mini notepad, then I'll rip it out and put it somewhere later on so I remember it.

I think he was probably just brain storming about the concerts. Being Michael, he most likely wouldn't have wanted to constantly wake Kenny up every day to tell him an idea so he probably just quickly wrote it down and stuck it on his wall. I've done the same thing, several times I've thought about something before I go to sleep, then when I wake up I can't remember it so I do actually write little post it's and things. So, I can only assume it was the same thing with Michael.
I also remember, in the kitchen at Neverland, Michael and his children would write notes to each other on a little notice board so it maybe could have been the same thing, they write somewhere "Daddy, I love you" and he writes somewhere "Children are sweet" etc. :)

umm...hello! Michael once said, "Animals, children, nature....the majority of my work come from these things. You just play off of life."

MJ was back and creative as ever!! It's a good idea to write notes of his inspirations to keep his creative mind going.

Now I'm saying all this IF it is true about the notes.

But we know MJ's world, if he writes a simple sticky note with some rambling, it'll get as much scrutiny as if it were a suicide note.

So the majority here agrees that it was most likely a creative inspiring post it correct?

dude, chill out... no one is getting sensitive at YOU...theyre are getting sensitive at the media calling him mentally ill.

From MJ's performances in TII, compared to some of the artists that performed yesterday at the AMA's, Michael is in great mental health.

If the media really want to pick on the mental problems of performers, they really should pick on the ones who ACTUALLY have mental problems. I remember watching a lot of the acts yesterday at the AMA's and thinking, 'are they on drugs?'

But when I watch TII, I think, 'this guy is doing wonderful'.

I mean, just compare what you saw last night (Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Adam, etc.) to Michael Jackon's performances in TII, and tell me who looks like the one with some mental problem or drug problem.

From MJ's performances in TII, compared to some of the artists that performed yesterday at the AMA's, Michael is in great mental health.

If the media really want to pick on the mental problems of performers, they really should pick on the ones who ACTUALLY have mental problems. I remember watching a lot of the acts yesterday at the AMA's and thinking, 'are they on drugs?'

I mean, just compare what you saw last night (Lady Gaga, Rihanna, Adam, etc.) to Michael Jackon's performances in TII, and tell me who looks like the one with some mental problem or drug problem.

:yes:

i agree with ur post,i have a post it on my mirror that gets me ready 4 my day,after i get dressed n go to the mirror i read it,and im motivated

I aree. I have motivational posts all over my house.....

Maybe the post it cheered him up when he was down. Doesn't seem like he had many sweet people around him at the end, except his children.

Amen to that! They make Michael seem like the boy scout next door.

i agree with ur post,i have a post it on my mirror that gets me ready 4 my day,after i get dressed n go to the mirror i read it,and im motivated

Many people do this, but the bigger question is why were there so many, why were some cryptic and/or non-motivating, and if he needed the motivation so badly, WHY? If he was so excited about the upcoming gig, why would he need motivation??????

Back