Preliminary Hearing 5/1/11 Day two. Discussion thread

• Thread starter elusive moonwalker
  • Start date
How does it help the defense???

Makes no sense to me

iv in his neck and arm. easy for mj to self inject. the report said the iv was in his leg. the coroner said in this location it would be difficult to self inject

asedore can you explain what u mean by this plz?

So Alvarez touched IV? Great! This is why Chernoff yesterday was asking bodyguards "strange" questions.

that neck info came from Justice4MJ group. Unless we can confirm it by multiple sources or a legit news source (such as AP) , I think it's better to classify it as rumor for the time being.

yeah i agree and the line was funny. info such as this would no doubt be in other reports as its important info.hopefully it wont be in other reports

xthunderx2 - To be clear the report indicated that Alvarez described a 'milk like substance'. He did not indicate that it was pro. The statement about the cause of Michael's death was made by the reporter.
ok thank you

Well the autopsy report said that becaus ethe IV was in the leg it was improbable that MJ could self inject, hence they ruled it a homicide.

If the defense can state that the iv was in a location more accessible, then they can claim MJ did it to himself.

That's EXACTLY the point. With an I.V. in the leg, Michael would have fallen back (instantly unconscious), or off the bed entirely. Self-injecting into tubing that goes into the arm could be done from a prone position.

Strange, though, how this recent testimony conflicts with the autopsy report? I assume the coroner will testify? (rhetorical question. Carry on.)

asedore can you explain what u mean by this plz?

So Alvarez touched IV? Great! This is why Chernoff yesterday was asking bodyguards "strange" questions.

from comments by the defence yesterday it seems they may and try and imply that the bodyguards killed mj

Neck? that's a complete BS. Did Alvarez say that also? The coroner said the IV catheter was in MJ's leg.

If Alvarez said that it would have been reported by now by TMZ or CNN. IF indeed he said that then please lock him away cus his testimony was not credible to say the least .

If MJ had truly done this to himself then Murrays reaction would have been totally different imo. Still doesn't explain how he could attempt to administer propofol with no monitoring equipment and also leave the room.

that neck info came from Justice4MJ group. Unless we can confirm it by multiple sources or a legit news source (such as AP) reports it , I think it's better to classify it as rumor for the time being.

Ah, ok. Gotcha. Better for the prosecution if the coroner's report is accurate, anyway, that the I.V. was in the leg.

“Mockingbirds don’t do one thing but make music for us to enjoy. They don’t eat up people’s gardens, don’t nest in corncribs, they don’t do one thing but sing their hearts out for us. That’s why it’s a sin to kill a mockingbird.”

from To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

tmz reports

UPDATE: During cross examination, Ed Chernoff, Murray's lawyer, got Alvarez to admit he never told the cops about Murray ordering him to remove the bottles. Alvarez also admitted he may sell his story

Did they put an IV line to MJ at UCLA?

He had two IV's in him at the house because he had propofol in one bag and serine in another... UCLA would have put an IV line in with adrenaline when he arrived I'd assume...

dont paramedics put a third iv line in michael?

i mean when they arive by someone in distress they put always a line in right?

tmz reports

UPDATE: During cross examination, Ed Chernoff, Murray's lawyer, got Alvarez to admit he never told the cops about Murray ordering him to remove the bottles. Alvarez also admitted he may sell his story

If he sells it so what just about everyone in that courtroom has sold a story

tmz reports

urghhhh there goes his credibility. like to hear more re not telling the cops first. thats always been an issue but did he have a proper meeting with them?
where was faheem when this was going on. he said he was there when murray asked anyone if they could do cpr so was he also there during the cover up or did he take the kids downstairs. bottom line is those things got in murrays bag and were found. so someone put them there

We will find out more about that later I am sure. But this thing about Michael having an IV in his neck is not right I am sure of it

tmz reports

but there was a report last year saying that Alvarez told the cops about hiding the bottles (not right away, but in August, if I remember correctly). Also, what does he mean "sell his story"? Write a tell all book?

Did they put an IV line to MJ at UCLA?

either the doctors or the paramedics because he had no blood in his veins , I do remember needle enjection marks were observed on his neck.

But sure not for propofol ( again IF Alvarez said that)

What about the report that Alverez called Joe, who asked him, "why u calling me? Call 911!"

Was that even true?

Cause didn't Joe say he found out what was happening from a fan...or was that Frank who said that.. or both?

i remembering hearing about that. frank said a fan called. n i heard joe say that a bodyguard called and that he told katherine about the situation but i dunno

Also, what does he mean "sell his story"? Write a tell all book?
sell it to a tabloid for $$$

and two iv bags indicates two iv lines. so......

urghhhh there goes his credibility. like to hear more re not telling the cops first. thats always been an issue but did he have a proper meeting with them?
where was faheem when this was going on. he said he was there when murray asked anyone if they could do cpr so was he also there during the cover up or did he take the kids downstairs. bottom line is those things got in murrays bag and were found. so someone put them there

Him not telling the cops at first was always going to be an issue I like to know why he did not do it myself but later on he did have an interview with them. And part about maybe selling his story is no big deal IMO considering he has not done it yet

This testimony is different from previous accounts, i.e. the I.V. was in his leg. Now, it was in his arm and NECK? TWO I.V.'s? That's astounding!

In the autopsy report it mentioned puncture wound on his neck.

But it also did say the propofol was administered in his leg.

(Please don't totally focus on this, perhaps a catheter was used - who knows yet...)

I thought that when there was a bottle of urine found.

TMZ went all tabloid about that bottle of urine.. sayin it backed up what Klien was saying about MJ peeing infront of people into bottles etc.. smh.. :no:

either the doctors or the paramedics because he had no blood in his veins , I do remember needle enjection marks were observed on his neck.

so perhaps the fan just confused that IV with the one(s) that Murray put.

So, I was not the only one who thought him hiding drugs when someone was in distress was strange. Not only did he not tell polices, he also did a poor job since they were all over the room. In my opinion, Alvarez was a poor witness the minute I read his testimony a year ago. I personally think the DA's case would had been better off with him.

Back