Rabbi Boteach's new book, Honoring the Child Spirit: Inspiration and Learning from Our Children.

I don't think he means well. that rabbi is shady, i don't trust him. I won't buy this book, I'll wait for a free fan-made version.

JMie;3176952 said:
I don't think he means well. that rabbi is shady, i don't trust him. I won't buy this book, I'll wait for a free fan-made version.

I agree - he is shady.

OMG another book from him about michael !! i dont like this at all i dont like this really when i saw the thread appearing i was like WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT !! i dont trust that man at all and i read the fan version from his first book and i even didnt like his tune while asking michael about everything ..... what more he can give in this book that he didnt give in the first book that he would love to give it now in this book ???!!!! i see he is trying to gain money after michael and thats it , the max i can go with thinking about him writting in this book is he kept some other conversations hidden from the first book and thought that its time to give it out to earn some money from another book

i'm not trusting this guy even if they gave me the earth weight gold and diamond !! i already read the fan made version from his first book and i didnt like the tune of his questions to michael i just didnt !! i dont like the new book he is coming out with even if didnt read it yet ...what he has to give us in this book that he didnt give in his first book more than him taking more money under the name of MICHAEL JACKSON .... all what i can think about that he kept some conversations between him and michael and he deiced not to put it in his first book and keep it or his second book .... i will be waiting for this book to leak or for the fan version but i'm not gonna buy it !

This guy doesn't mean well. All it takes for a book (written by people who were in Jackson's entourage or met him) to sell is mention Jackson's name. Boteach stole monies from Heal The Kids Foundation, which is why the foundation consumed after one year only and Jackson ended his friendship with Boteach. A bitter Boteach then started bashing Jackson and seriously questioning his friendship with children in interviews, esp during the trial.

llol is it so hard to NOT write about Michael? Is it so hard to come up with your own idea for a book and NOT use your friend?

Make your own money on your name NOT MICHAEL'S

MJ Tapes is really worth reading (free fan version without comments from Boteach). It's Michael's words and it's good to know what he thought about certain things. :)

I agree this part is worth reading. Don't read the book though. At one point in the book he says he thinks MJ had a sexual attraction towards Jordie Chandler. He wasn't even there! Didn't even know MJ at the time! He had no basis on which to say that other than to make a provocative comment. After that comment I lost all respect for the man and will never believe a word he says.

Last edited:
I agree this part is worth reading. Don't read the book though. At one point in the book he says he thinks MJ had a sexual attraction towards Jordie Chandler. He wasn't even there! Didn't even know MJ at the time! He had no basis on which to say that other than to make a provocative comment. After that comment I lost all respect for the man and will never believe a word he says.

u know i will not buy any book by this man .. but i'm really curious about he said ...do u have the book or downloaded it from any link ??

mickson177;3176905 said:
Rabbi Shmuley’s second book about Michael Jackson

Product Description
...this heartfelt book gives voice to the eternity of Michael’s spirit and how he should be remembered: as someone who tried to live by these childlike qualities. Though far from perfect, it was this attempt to sustain innocence amidst the trappings of fame that became his life’s goal.

That comment alone right there explains why Michael Jackson would talk about being alone in a room full of people. Funny how an entire book is supposed to be 'giving voice' to someone who is trying to 'live by these childlike qualitities."- yet the end of the sentence says pretty clearly what sort of judgement Boteach feels entitled to make.

Thank God the 'goals and purpose' of the life of Michael Jackson don't depend on the judgement of a ticked off ex-friend.

We 'prolly all have experienced a friendship gone south- but most of us don't have ex-friends writing about us in that kind of backhanded tone.

The 'eternity of Michael's spirit' also does not rely on someone's case of sour grapes.

MJFan07;3177555 said:

You mean, that comment is part of this book??
Amazing how people think they are entitled to speculate about another's sexuality. If that's part of the book, than that's nothing but continued slander and defamation.

Particularly juicy coming from a member of the clergy who publishes all sorts of things 'giving voice to Michael's eternal spirit'- in a roundabout 'brave' way when said object of the slander has passed away. That's disturbing.

Which leads me to another question. Did Boteach refer to himself as 'spiritual advisor', or is this another account of a title being bestowed upon somebody? Any sort of counselor speculating in public, or even worse, slandering, violates more than just feelings of what's good taste.

Last edited:
^I don't know, I interpreted the product description paragraph as saying that sustaining innocence became Michael's life goal...not fame.

Sustaining his innocence amidst the trappings of fame. This makes more sense to me. This was apparent from Michael's words in the Rabbi's first book.

My memory is not that great but I really don't remember reading that in Boteach's book. Are you sure you're not thinking of that other guy that wrote the biography on Michael (J. Randy Tarborelli)? He implies that in his book at one point when he wasn't even in the room.

My memory is not that great but I really don't remember reading that in Boteach's book. Are you sure you're not thinking of that other guy that wrote the biography on Michael (J. Randy Tarborelli)? He implies that in his book at one point when he wasn't even in the room.

J. Randy Taraborrelli is ridiculous. Must have been him even. He never had my money. And I closed my mind to Boteach after reading his first book. I don't trust him and I'm not gonna buy it. I'll wait for download it.

Last edited:
I bought the book and I can say that there are no self-righeous commentary Boteach this time- just pure Q & A. This book will help people to understand his heart, mind and soul and why he lived his life the way he did. He also talks a lot about Prince and Paris.
MJ : I want to be a wonderful wonderful father. They are going to be asked, by people who write books and stuff, so they can say, "He's just a wonderful father. He was always there for us when he didn't have to be and he really loved us," I just want them to fell in their heart that way.

I bought the book and I can say that there are no self-righeous commentary Boteach this time- just pure Q & A. This book will help people to understand his heart, mind and soul and why he lived his life the way he did. He also talks a lot about Prince and Paris.
MJ : I want to be a wonderful wonderful father. They are going to be asked, by people who write books and stuff, so they can say, "He's just a wonderful father. He was always there for us when he didn't have to be and he really loved us," I just want them to fell in their heart that way.

Wow....this is very touching !
thanx for sharing !

did anyone have the link of free reading? I don't want to put money on this leech's pocket.

Loveforever I am with you if they have a link for free reading I will read it, I am not going to give him my money.

More
MJ: To Prince: " Prince, what makes daddy laugh?"
Prince: Three Stooges
MJ: He's right. I love them. That fat one.....I scream with laugther. I keep the Tree Stooges with me whatever I go. It makes me happy. I have watches them all my life.

MJ: My bigest dream is one day for Prince and Paris to say to somebody, "He was the best dad". I would just start crying, just weeping, that's my reward. That's all I want is to say, " he was the best dad". We'd go there, we would do this. You know? That's all I want back.

about his voice

MJ: I think kids leave home much too early. I did something that was bad. I'm a natural tenor but I used to force my voice to go higher because I never wanted to grow up. I always wanted to sound like a kid. And when I won my Grammy Award for Thriller, if you listen to me speak, I sound like a kid, and that's when all jokes and the teasing began and people imitating me. Then I got to the point where I decided, no, I'm just going to talk like me. And when I started talking like me, I couldn't sing in the key I used to sing in, so I sing lower now. I just wanted to be a kid.

More
MJ: To Prince: " Prince, what makes daddy laugh?"
Prince: Three Stooges
MJ: He's right. I love them. That fat one.....I scream with laugther. I keep the Tree Stooges with me whatever I go. It makes me happy. I have watches them all my life.

MJ: My bigest dream is one day for Prince and Paris to say to somebody, "He was the best dad". I would just start crying, just weeping, that's my reward. That's all I want is to say, " he was the best dad". We'd go there, we would do this. You know? That's all I want back.

about his voice

MJ: I think kids leave home much too early. I did something that was bad. I'm a natural tenor but I used to force my voice to go higher because I never wanted to grow up. I always wanted to sound like a kid. And when I won my Grammy Award for Thriller, if you listen to me speak, I sound like a kid, and that's when all jokes and the teasing began and people imitating me. Then I got to the point where I decided, no, I'm just going to talk like me. And when I started talking like me, I couldn't sing in the key I used to sing in, so I sing lower now. I just wanted to be a kid.

Thank you for sharing. :flowers: I've decided to buy and read this book.

Michael about his father. It is really sad :(

MJ: When my father used to... he had a horrible way of disciplining you. He looked at you like this and said, "Come here", and you knew what that mean. He would slap you real hard and his prints would be on your face, and he would push you shove you in front of the fans, crying with tears in your eyes. To discipline and to shame are two different things, you don't cross the line to shame. That hurt me very much and I don't know if he realizes

About fans
Q: You never had the experience as a child of being tucked in and loved, of being shown unconditional love? You didn't have that. But you have fans who showed you love, though maybe is was based on you performance, rather that your essence.

MJ: The fans know me and they know my heart. They have giant pictures of babies and big cutouts of children holding hands and they bring kids and they know I love them. And they have given me awards and things, acknowledging me as a person orher than a celebrity and how they care about issues with kids and stuff like that. Oh boy. One day people will get it. They'll understand. I think it is the way G-d us to be.

Q: In raising Prince and Paris, do you always try to encourage their curiosity?
MJ: Absolutely. I made Prince stop watching television today on the way here to look out of the window. And he looked out of the window and started naming everything. "What are they carrying in the truck?" "I think they are carring fruits and vegetables". "Why?" "Because they are probably taking it to the market. Somebody has picked it..." he was coming up with all these great questions about everything outside the window and I felt his was great. He had a lot of good questions. But he does some things which are really scary to me. he sits and watches the television and calls out every shot that that the cameraman is doing and that the director decides to do. So he sits there going, "The camera is moving up for a close-up. Now it is moving back. Now it's going..." he is naming every shot. I didn't teach him to do this. He sits there and says it out loud. he is literally putting the movie together. I think that is amazing. I don't know how he learned that, because he is interested in cameras and films.
I bought him his own camera and he makes his own movies and he directs Paris. He says, " You stand here and I want you to walk over there." I have footage of him directing. I think it is really sweet. I love it. My mother said I did that when I was little, that I was choreographing and giving all the brothers their notes and telling them how to move..

Last edited:
I wish this book was written by some decent person instead of this rabbi. if it wasn't for the rabbi I'd buy it.

Exactly. Eventually, this book will earn him money for he mentioned Michael Jackson. Why isn't his existence and all the direct and indirect testimonies of his nature enough for people? Cuz they don't make enough money like the book can.

I'll be reading this when available online, not going to put money in profiteers' pockets just cuz they write positive things. The Rabbi is very smart too.

Just a question: is this book containing more taped 'interviews' with Michael, or he's paraphrasing him from memory? Thanks. There are some touching words on behalf of Michael... The part about him and being given pictures of babies and children... All I could think of is that I hope his soul now plays with the innocent children's souls who died too early. That would be something that exceeds this fleeting, hurtful world by the millions. His children are now in this cruel world, hopefully he'll always be with them in spirit to take care of them, worried sick about this... The wish in his answer he gave on that if his children called him the best father was already fulfilled, so I hope he'll always be happy because of raising wonderful children. That alone beats anything wordly, any hurt, in the end, knowing he left the world being loved by his flesh and blood...and hopefully, still feeling that.

Last edited:
Thanks...

But has this Rabbi been taping Jackson a lot. Like one does when taking advantage of another or when recording criminals to catch them off guard....... I can't see how Michael would have authorized these 'interviews', afterall they are being released After he died. ....

Yes, this book is containing more 'interviews' with Michael without commentary. Only Q & A

You can download the book here
http://www.mediafire.com/?rt393315br3rhcc

Thanks for this link because I certainly wasn't going to put money in Shumley's pocket. Wow, that's pretty amazing about Prince. Seems like he inherited a bit of his father's gift there. :)

Back