Rare footage of Neverland (Shot by Oprah's camera crew for 1993 Interview)

StephluvsMJ

Proud Member
I was on youtube looking for pictures and footage of inside Neverland, and I came across this never before seen vid :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J2xteX4EWY

The description says:
Michael Jackson's Neverland Theater and Amusement Park as it was in its heyday, as shot in a camera reherasal during the set-up for the Oprah Winfrey Interview, Broadcast Feb 10, 1993. Now the world can see some of what Michael built for his friends and guests,. Tabloid nonsense aside, he was a very sweet man.

Thanks - that was nice. I wish it had stayed that way, I hate what has happened :(

He created that place and it's beautiful but it breaks my heart knowing it looks so lifeless now..Michael made that place Magical and i can't believe people destroyed his one place.

WOW, just wow. Exactly, MJ meant nothing but good for all the (sick) children that visit there. It was practically the most loving thing to do. No bad intentions at all, and look
at how they totally destroyed this man with their disgusting lies and bullshit. Horrible , some (actually quite a bit) are just horrible people.....unbelieveable.

Is so beautifull! Just like Michael. I wish some day recovers the life it had. Even thoug I know it wll never be the same :(

Thank you so much for this video..it's sad to see neverland now,without MJ :(

thank you for posting, really loved being able to see it properly. I wish they could restore it and have groups of children visit, I'm sure MJ would have loved that.

Rock-A-Doodle! I didn't think anyone but me and 2 other people remembered that movie!? I really wish I had experienced Neverland in the 90's. I went after his death, but we only got to the first set of gates where the security hut is. We did go through his back gate 15 minutes down the road in the pitch dark and got about 10 feet in before freaking out and running back to the main gates. We couldn't see the hand in front of our face, and had nothing to light our way but a camcorder (yes we recorded it), camera, and cell phone.

^^ And THEY took it away from him!!!!

F*** them! They took part of his life.

This Neverland issue is kinda complicated... Im not really 'that' sad its also 'buried'... Because it would be also sad to see it shining. It was technically Michael himself, his private life. Plus, it was already gone like that during his life... My wish would be that they would bury Michael there, BUT would leave it like that. I mean his grave somewhere there would be shining but they would like bury Neverland and Michael together... It wouldnt cost that much to leave it like that. And then it would be nice if his own music would play endlessly beside his grave...

Wow, just wow! Michael really lived there? Wow! :D

How horrible for people to drive him out of his home. It was his heart and his creation put into making that place. How horrible it must've been for him to decide to leave Neverland after what those horrible and nasty people did to him and his home. :( Those selfish and racist monsters, I am horrified at just how much they ran him under and how shameless they were at doing it, and the tabloids are just the worst! They put him on a rollercoaster of being glorified and then bastardised throughout his life and even after his death. It's sick. :(

I dunno about having Neverland made into a public thing. It was his home, it was built with his love and his creativity, it was his personality reflected in every single inch of ground, and most of all he was there. Turning it into a theme park or something like that just wouldn't be the same. The same love that was felt when he was alive just won't be there again. When those police raided it they didn't just invade his home but they invaded a personal and private part of Michael. They managed to turn something that was beautiful and loving into something that was dark and horrifying. Could you ever imagine creating something from your heart that reflected your very soul to share to the world in the name of love and then one day someone would come along and say that it was evil and vandalised it? I know what I'd feel, I'd be torn apart from my very core because what they'd be destroying wasn't just an object but was a reflection of my heart and soul and it would be like a personal attack on myself.

It's sad knowing that Neverland was left under a dark veil for all those years and that there were no details in his last will on what to do with it. The saddest thought is that it would be taken down altogether, and my thoughts are biased on this whether to leave Neverland as it is for eternity or whether to have it taken down. The last thing I'd want to see is Neverland turned into an amusement park like Disneyland because I have this horrible feeling deep inside my heart that says that Neverland was destroyed by greed and racism and that by turning it into an amusement park it's like spitting on Michael's grave.

One thought did come to mind... let his children decide. After all it was their home aswell as Michael's, and hopefully when they're old enough they can make the decision on whether they'd want to live there and open the gates once more to the suffering children of this world or whether it be made into a private home with Michael buried there or whether they would prefer the gates remained closed because it brought back too many sad memories in Michael's life.

Last edited:
I was on youtube looking for pictures and footage of inside Neverland, and I came across this never before seen vid :D

Thank you! Never seen that before!

I ripped and uploaded the video here in case anyone wants to keep it on their hard drive. We all know how fast some things get taken down from YouTube

[DL] - Michael Jackson's Neverland Theater and Amusement Park Tour 1993
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DQVYX8FM

File format: *.mp4
Size: 22.8MB

WOW, just wow. Exactly, MJ meant nothing but good for all the (sick) children that visit there. It was practically the most loving thing to do. No bad intentions at all, and look
at how they totally destroyed this man with their disgusting lies and bullshit. Horrible , some (actually quite a bit) are just horrible people.....unbelieveable.

Exactly, makes me lose faith in the world and karma etc... but what I'm now telling myself is if life feels a struggle and not much makes sense,do something good like helping someone else-even if its helping an elderly person off the bus with shopping.The only answer to bad times is to put some good back in the world.Two wrongs never make a right however unfair life is :) I think also that is how Michael would want us to be. I know how hard that is to do as I've gone through bankruptcy due to ill health and had some bad times the last few years but you have to keep on keeping on :)

My God, that made me cry, cause he gave so much, so much, but still press wouldnt give him any credit.

All the amusement rides, the zoo, all that was really expensive, he would have groups of terminal ill children, abandoned children, they would go to every where for free, he was asked for that once, Oprah asked him, he would say, "if a can make one child smile, thats all i need, that pays it all" see how big his heart was, no other celebrity has gave so much, he was one of a kind

Thanks - that was nice. I wish it had stayed that way, I hate what has happened :(

Me too. :( It's so unfair. Michael created such a beautiful and giving place and it was torn to shreds.
Agh. *sigh*

Has anyone here seen the Nimmer video, the untold story? That DVD has some beautiful clips of Neverland from 2003? I think. Here is a promotional clip. I bought it off of Amazon a couple of weeks ago. Michael had a beautiful home and the property was just breathless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUAwwnwI85Y

I bet Oprah has lots of outtakes from her interview and pre-planning.

awwwwww i miss michael...omg i don't think i'll ever stop missing him. he was just so unique :cry:

Has anyone here seen the Nimmer video, the untold story? That DVD has some beautiful clips of Neverland from 2003? I think. Here is a promotional clip. I bought it off of Amazon a couple of weeks ago. Michael had a beautiful home and the property was just breathless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUAwwnwI85Y

I bet Oprah has lots of outtakes from her interview and pre-planning.

That ARVIZO kid makes me sick....if i ever see him!!!! grrr!!! im surprised no ones tracked down him or jordy.

This is what Neverland looks like now...still looks beautiful in my opinion...just empty.
Where did all the rides go? did he sell off all of them?? :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6844Zc2fSI&feature=fvw

why do people blame a bunch of 12 year old kids for what happened to Michael? it was their parents' fault...and Michael never truly let go of Neverland, I think he had plans for the future with that place had he not died

why do people blame a bunch of 12 year old kids for what happened to Michael? it was their parents' fault...and Michael never truly let go of Neverland, I think he had plans for the future with that place had he not died

michael helped them and opened the door for them...they could have said no!! would you allow your parents to let you say such vile things against a person you supposedly loved and who helped you...erm no!!! because i sure wouldnt. if they parents forced them to do it...their not 12 anymore, they could do the right thing and clear his name but obviously theres a fat chance of that happening!

I just don't get it.

How can anyone, even jaded cynical journalists, see Neverland and just think it was all a set up to entice children for something other than bringing them joy!

Makes me sick all over again that Michael's intentions were so grossly misrepresented.

The Bashirs, Orths, etc. etc. were the wierd ones.

They should have been thanking him for the happiness he brought so many, instead of projecting their own warped views on him.

I'm glad at least so many children appreciated his efforts.

Back