Rescheduling Of Opening Shows General Discussion Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were is michael right now?
is he preparing an excuse statement for us?
His fans that always were on his side year after year after year.....through the terible lawsuit.....waiting for years....(in my case 12 years) to see him again.
I don,t feel his love at this moment...... it feels like he,s moonwalking on my heart.......
I can,t defend this decission from him and aeg....for the first time i have to say...they are right, and i hate it....

Can you help me ? I have not received any mail from ticketmaster is it normal ? Ihave a ticket for the 14th

Were is michael right now?
is he preparing an excuse statement for us?
His fans that always were on his side year after year after year.....through the terible lawsuit.....waiting for years....(in my case 12 years) to see him again.
I don,t feel his love at this moment...... it feels like he,s moonwalking on my heart.......
I can,t defend this decission from him and aeg....for the first time i have to say...they are right, and i hate it....

you`re so right. sad but true.

@Bubbles,, you may want to email ticketmaster or call them (if you are local) and see what's the problem.. Did they change the date of your concert?

I don't think you understand their explanation of why they changed the dates. Madonna and some other artists have shows in the O2 in the 5 days before July 8th. That means they have 5 days less to rehearse, make nescesarry changes, etc. So they simply do not have the space to rehearse and make the changes they need to make.

Still think it's a lame excuse....which they used to cover up Kenny Ortega's lack of planning and timing... but yeah.

No I totally get their explanation and I agree it is not good enough. More can be done to avoid this situation.

By the way, just wondering about something: where is Michael? Why aren't we hearing from him? Why isn't he reaching out to the fans that are affected?

A big fat apology is the LEAST he could do, right now. I understand the decision to postpone wasn't his, but it's his show and we are his fans, damnit!

When somethimg like this happens youll never hear from mj unless its a written statement.

I have been a fan since 1983 and i have things happens like this soooooo many times when it comes to Michael.

Im sorry im still pretty mad about this and its gonna take me a long time to get over this shit,and for me it have nothing to do with money only that i have been waiting to see mj in a concert again since 1999 and we were soooo close.... now i have to wait a year :evil::evil::evil::evil:

This just breaks my heart and i could cry thats how dissapointed i am.:cry::cry::cry:

@Bubbles,, you may want to email ticketmaster or call them (if you are local) and see what's the problem.. Did they change the date of your concert?

yes the july 14th is now postponed to march 6th :doh: I will email them to what happens

When somethimg like this happens youll never hear from mj unless its a written statement.

I have been a fan since 1983 and i have things happens like this soooooo many times when it comes to Michael.

Im sorry im still pretty mad about this and its gonna take me a long time to get over this shit,and for me it have nothing to do with money only that i have been waiting to see mj in a concert again since 1999 and we were soooo close.... now i have to wait a year :evil::evil::evil::evil:

This just breaks my heart and i could cry thats how dissapointed i am.:cry::cry::cry:
I've been a fan since 87, so I know what you mean. I know how MJ is with statements, but this is one serious issue and therefor I feel a statement is NEEDED, lol.

Not that it would help, but it might help fans to feel better. I am seeing die hard MJ fans selling off their collection already, because they are fed up with this.

I have been waiting so long to see Michael and i finally thought it was going to happen. We were less than two months away. We could only afford to go once and fought hard to get an early date when those first ten concerts went on sale. Now they've been pushed back to march! I wouldn't mind waiting if i knew it was going to go ahead, it would be quite an experience to see one of his last shows, but i just can't see it happening. 50 shows is an awful lot to get through without something going one. Plus by march i can see everyone will be quite bored/tired with it all.
Oh i don't know. Just gonna have to wait and see what happens.
WHY ARE ALL THE VIAGOGO TICKETS SO EXPENSIVE. \surely it should be illegal to sell them for anything more than face value.

I don't think that we know all the circumstances... press conference this or that...
I also don't think Michael is well represented (again) in all this mess... and yes at the end it is his responsibility.
But I do think Michael is for sure just as pissed about all this as those of us fans are who are pissed the most... because he is Michael whom we all know and love as the person he is.
He would never 'moonwalk' on anyones heart not even talking about a fans heart. That is not him. We all know this very well, come on!

Let your anger vent! But do not let it play on you in doing a spirale more and more heated... it's not helping anyone and it's also not helping the situation you're in, everybody!

I've been a fan since 87, so I know what you mean. I know how MJ is with statements, but this is one serious issue and therefor I feel a statement is NEEDED, lol.

Not that it would help, but it might help fans to feel better. I am seeing die hard MJ fans selling off their collection already, because they are fed up with this.

I would newer sell my collection Michael means tooo darn much for me still. But i am sooo tired with all the problems sorunding(misspelling) Michael all the times
and the fact he does not seems to be in any controle of anything in his life.
I just dont get it anymore :doh::doh:

By the way, just wondering about something: where is Michael? Why aren't we hearing from him? Why isn't he reaching out to the fans that are affected?

A big fat apology is the LEAST he could do, right now. I understand the decision to postpone wasn't his, but it's his show and we are his fans, damnit!

so true, totally agree.
hopefully a statement will be made in the next few days (or just *dreaming*)

Is it just me or for the last 25 years has every single person except mez that has entered michaels professional life have ZERO understanding of PR and taking care of a fan base?

I'm so sick of the bloody excuses we make not just for michael but for the people who should know f*ckin better. They get VvERY good money for what they do & somebody needs to beaccountable.

These are die hard loyal fans. Michael better speak up cos I'm sick of reading this ohhh don't hate on michael rubbish. Don't you get it? The fans made these concertsa success, not the other way round.

Makes me sick. So f*ckin unprofessional.

If someone is selling a collection logic tells that there's also someone buying it.

Is it just me or for the last 25 years has every single person except mez that has entered michaels professional life have ZERO understanding of PR and taking care of a fan base?

I'm so sick of the bloody excuses we make not just for michael but for the people who should know f*ckin better. They get VvERY good money for what they do & somebody needs to beaccountable.

These are die hard loyal fans. Michael better speak up cos I'm sick of reading this ohhh don't hate on michael rubbish. Don't you get it? The fans made these concertsa success, not the other way round.

One of the best posts I've read today.

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Whewn Michael first signed the deal with AEG the concerts were in a working progress...which means AEG probably thought ' normal stage can go up in a day, then we have 2 days rehearsals int he venue'.
BUT it seems that MJ and kenny have pushed the bar out, they have this $20million staging extravaganza which by the sounds of it cannot be put up in just a day with all the media/visual/audio/lighting programming that it needs...leaving Michael with no time to rehearse in the o2 itself.
Also Kenny seems to know what hes doing, he has a VERY impressive C.V worked on HSM films, MJ's past tours, Olympic cermonys, Super Bowl's etc...as for himarriving late on the scene because of footloose that could be bad, but MJ wanted the best and thats what hes got and it seems its gonna be a hell of a show.

Could you imagine if Michael had kept 8th July with all these possible concerns and it ended up being a hot mess, with stuff not working, people not knowing where to be etc. He would be cruicified in the media (more so than now)
Opening night is the one that is reported on. It HAS to be perfect, Michael knows that, Kenny knows that and AEG know that. So i believe possibly the right descion was made.

I know it sucks for people who have had concerts move, but this is nothing new, this year for example Tina Turner postponed alot of her concerts, Madonna cancelled some of hers...its just is Michael Jackson does it, it gets front page news.

End of the day whats done is done now, life is never fair, but im sure it will be worth the wait.

I know alot of fans want closing night tickets so some people who have been effected may be able to trade tickets with others...worth a shot

Anyways...thats about it lol

generally I'd sign your post in agreement rickd... but one thing... I mean let all the fans go there without the work of Michael and Kenny and all the dancers and singers and stage workers etc... it would just also not be a success I think. I mean you're right if no fans would go there... sure it wouldn't be a success either... but this has more than only one side in real.

generally I'd sign your post in agreement rickd... but one thing... I mean let all the fans go there without the work of Michael and Kenny and all the dancers and singers and stage workers etc... it would just also not be a success I think. I mean you're right if no fans would go there... sure it wouldn't be a success either... but this has more than only one side in real.

I disagree. I think I speak for lots of MJ fans when I say we all would be happy to just see Michael sitting on the stage, singing his most beautiful songs.

Personally, I don't need a circus. I don't need special effects. I'm there to see Michael.

I disagree. I think I speak for lots of MJ fans when I say we all would be happy to just see Michael sitting on the stage, singing his most beautiful songs.

Personally, I don't need a circus. I don't need special effects. I'm there to see Michael.

Well said imagine if opening night was just an acustic set with michael and guitar player ...........................dreeeeeeamms

And it is Michael doing this show as he likes.
I didn't speak of any circus, or special effects did I? Possibly you guys know more about the shows than I do. But it is my understanding that it is Michael doing the show as he likes... well hopefully.

Couldn't agree more.

Michael on stage unplugged --- many fans dream
but now 5 more days needed for all the abracadabra ..

Well I see and have some understanding for your wishes ppl... but I prefer to stick with reality as hard as this might is for some.

Shit happens... as painfull as stupid... shit just happens. I can not make a rose out of a bunch of shit also... but there's no sense in jumping in the bunch of shit to make it smelly even more!

Let's hope Michael can make this still unforgettable for many of us (sadly probably not all) and also for himself. He's the artist we CHOSE to love. I mean the show and how it will be (with circus, special effects or not) is his choice. To attend the show or not... that's at least partly ours. Well lots of fans didn't even get any tickets yet or do not have any chance to attend anyways. Life is not about fairness. We can maybe make it as good as we're able to... but life itself is not.

im just astonished sometimes at reactions. since the concerts have been announced Michael's had more than one monkey wrench thrown at him that have threatened the whole series of concerts. he has stayed on course undeterred. many would have just said to heck with it. he did not. that is the mark of a true professional.

there are many performers who announce concerts, sell tickets for dates, and then for a whole host of reasons, usually personal, concert dates are rescheduled or cancelled altogether. Michael has kept most of the dates for their scheduled times. only a few have had to be rearranged. his reasons for the rearrangement is to make the show better for the fans. God help him if he has to reschedule anything because of a personal reason.

not saying its u, but what i have read here, many people expect A LOT from the shows. they dont want the same opening and dont want him to perfrórm billie jean, just because he has done that so often.. so i really dont believe it would be a "success", cause some here dont want to see michael ONLY, but want a circus, how u called it!
nonetheless, i totally agree with u, that just michael himself would be enough :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back