Rescheduling Of Opening Shows General Discussion Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ticketmaster Announce Rescheduling Of Opening Shows [All threads merged]

WTF! People are out of a helluva lot of money on airline tickets etc. We're out about 500 dollars on re-booking fees on the airline tickets alone! And that's like peanuts compared to alot of people.

I'm sorry, this is BS! I swear, this is... *bites tongue*

No comment....

Oh please michael aint no baby if madonna and prince can do it why does he always screw up

11 pages for 30 mins!WoW

I don't see how just a few days can make such a different to set construction etc.

For fans who booked flights and hotels already I really sympathise with you :-( Hotels can normally be cancelled up to 24/48 hours before arrival. It's a condition of them accepting credit cards and it's a good idea to check now.

Someone asked if I can't stay in Londen from the 8th until the 13th? But you know what... I don't have the money, or the time off from work to do that. I can book a new ticket for the 13th... but I don't really have the budget for it. I really have to scrape the money together. And then... next month they reschedule again? I was so excited, but now I don't know what to do. It's not like this is the first time I made arrangements for MJ concerts that didn't go through. I hope this postponement really is it and that they don't do this again.

i have not bought a ticket for it to be delayed for around a year after i was ment to go... this is a DISGRACE, if anyone wants to buy a ticket for the third of march.. let me no

give it back to ticketmaster and i'll buy it. that's near my birthday.

billyjean1 your AWESOME dude!! :lol:

i can see a lot of people selling their tickets.

No info on Official Michael Jackson sites yet or the official O2 Arena site.

It is AEG Live’s sincere hope that those lucky enough to have purchased tickets will have enough time to change their personal schedules and travel plans if they are coming from outside of London. We do not want anyone to miss this once-in-a-lifetime experience.”

That is NOT good enough.. We are supposed to be grateful we have tickets at all now? Basically, you have the tickets we can screw you around as much as we like because we have enough money in our pockets. Ruined all my plans.

:no:Oh my God, this can't be happening!!!

was going on July 14th.. oh fuck, what the hell is going on:(

:scratch: uh-oh!!!

Michael , Michael .... what will happen now?

I would deal with it if I actually was going to be able to enjoy a friggin concert. And while I *understand*, and don't necessarily blame Michael, I AM angry and rightly so. I am a student. I have worked 2 jobs for the past few months trying to save money for this trip. I could not have afforded a non-sale plane ticket to London which was around $2000. I then had to spend $1000 on accomodation... not to mention the money for the ticket and the money that I will need to LIVE while I am there.... ANd so now I have non transferable, non refundable plane tickets to London, I have a concert ticket that is unuseable, I have friggin hotel bookings that are non refundable ... and now I'm not even seeing MJ.

My issue is exactly why wasnt all of this considered before the dates were made. I love Michael with my whole heart and have been a fan for 20 years ... but surely he or his people knew he had fans coming from all over the world... what the hell.

Dont tell anyone to just fing get over it. You dont know people's situations.

I hear you. That is the worst thing. I am sorry for you. I am a student too (well just graduated this month) and in sort of the same boat (ticket for July 14th and coming from the US) . I can reschedule my airfare though for some price like $30 or so. I don't know if I can find another good deal on plane tickets. Are you sure you can't reschedule your flight? Like I said, mine are not refundable but I can reschedule for a fee if I remember the contract. I think most tickets you can at least do that if you do it early enough.

Would you be able to make the show on the 13th with your current plane ticket? My first thought was maybe someone with the July 13th date would give up a ticket. Not likely though. People want the first show. Maybe they still have some in reserve. You should write O2 a letter explaining. I don't feel my situation is as bad as yours.

I am going to be pragmatic about this. If I can't reschedule my plane ticket I am going tojust enjoy London. Maybe by March of next year I can afford another plane ticket.

Last edited:

Bastards!

Oh please michael aint no baby if madonna and prince can do it why does he always screw up

exactly. i'd ask those people who defend michael if their shows got postponed to march 2010 - i am not of them but i stand by the side of those fans

8th July will take place on 13th July 2009
· 10th July will be moved to 1st March 2010
· 12th July will be moved to 3rd March 2010
· 14th July will be moved to 6th March 2010

Wow, I bet this is the announcements that MJ is goin' to make tommorrow.

I think at the very least, AEG should post a statement on the michaeljacksonlive.com date. They must have discussed this for days and so for it to leak out like this from Ticketmaster automated e-mails it not acceptable.

Aside from fans being out-of-pocket and upset, the media will pounce on this with more crappy stories like skin cancer, lawsuits etc etc

well i feel like being a bastard now

Excuse me? why you are blaming Michael?
You know how much hard he's probably working on this concerts right now???

You need to say "thank you" that he is at least coming back.

I completely agree.

How the f**k can you start saying all this about him now just because you cant go when you wanna go?

Cant you see he is doing all this for us.
Hes putting us first giving us what we wont and your all turning on him.
Typicall.

I dont know how you dare call yourselves Michael Jackson fans coz when it comes down to it your as bad as the media.

You really are so selfish some of your and ungratetful.

Last edited:

^ Nononon your totally not bro/sis!:lol:

It IS Michael's fault. He should not let us down like this. Off to join the haters now! You have lost a fan!!!

Go ahead ! Michael don't need "fans" like you... :/

Ciao!

Michael you need to get your ACT together and SORT this whhoolllee friggin mess out!! IM SOOO MAADD!!!!

I hear you. That is the worst thing. I am sorry for you. I am a student too (well just graduated this month) and in sort of the same boat (ticket for July 14th and coming from the US) . I can reschedule my airfare though for some price like $30 or so. I don't know if I can find another good deal on plane tickets. Are you sure you can't reschedule your flight? Like I said, mine are not refundable but I can reschedule for a fee. I think most tickets you can at least do that if you do it early enough.

Would you be able to make the show on the 13th with your current plane ticket?

Yes... I am in London for a little while... Gosh, Im traveling with a friend also so ... its just like... ack... :( im so sad. I dont even know what to do.

This is rubbish!

I have 4 tickets for the second show (July 10) and I am travelling all the way from Australia.

I have booked plane tickets, bought tickets for other events and everything!!

This is serious F***ed if true.

We should start a petition saying don't change the dates, you can't just do that like 2 months before start time!

everyone is going to be saying 'oh its so obvous something like this was going to happn' in the media and shit...

All the more reason for them to have made absolutely sure this didn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back