Shout

I am close to certain that Aaron Carter also covered this song on some old and obscure Nickelodeon event circa 2002, but try as I have I've been unable to locate even a single reference to it.

Edward Riley IS Teddy Riley ;)

"Teddy" is his nickname
Thanx for the answer. I never knew that.

For me, the "rap-singing" part is what makes the song a masterpiece. Just hearing got me feeling like I'm running fast to catch a bus-so intense:D And just as in his many other songs, the rhythm kicks ass!

Yeah, Cry was released right after 9/11, but wasn't played much on the radio after the first few days or so. If I remember correctly it was pulled because of fears they'd be seen as trying to capitalize on the moment.

Shout is really a great song. I loved it the first time I heard it and I've never stopped listening to it. Wonderful. I would gladly take Privacy off Invincible for Shout. Sorry, but I would. Shout & We've Had Enough should've been there, doggonit.

LOL, I'd never actually read the lyrics. It always sounded like "animals and cannibals - Satan!" to me, doh! :rofl:

Anyone knows if the guitar track might be played by MJ himself? I've been wondering about this.

Last edited:
I love this song, wish it was on the album, and i wouldn't of understood a word either if i hadn't read those lyrics.

I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but the voice rapping in sync with him after the second chorus is Janet.

I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but the voice rapping in sync with him after the second chorus is Janet.

Thanks, I had absolutely no idea!
I didn't even think about that there is another voice in the left speaker until you now mentioned it.

It's kind of like TDCAU where you can hear children singing under Michael's vocals on some part.

When I first her Shout I was sitting at my computer like

dzjbqw.gif

I couldn't understand a word he was saying.

^ Haha finally someone else besides me with a GIF fetish :D

I couldn't understand a single word before I read the lyrics. - It's like that with many of Michael's songs since he doesn't pronounce his words.

^^^ I love gifs. :wub:

I can understand most of his lyrics because I'm fluent in Jacksonese (thanx to Janet) so it's not hard to get his lyrics. But with this song I was at a lost for words lol

I too was like What the heck??? when i heard this song, then i looked up the lyrics and read them while listening to the song. This song is deep and i love it!!!!

Thats just a fan made myth isnt it? There has been no confirmation as to whom the female rapping with Michael is. People are assuming its Janet.

I too couldn't understand a word he was saying.
up to this date if i'm listening to it I have to read the lyrics lol
but the lyrics is really deep.
this happens to be my new "rage" therapy song loooool makes me wanna shout! ;)

I heard this song for the first time i think it was last night. I love the way michael sounds a lil angry in the song, makes him sound sexy hehehe

I LOVE Shout! I'd take it over Escape anyday...His angry, aggressive voice....just WOW! Fantastic song! I just wish I could understand what he was saying too, because the lyrics are so powerful...and he punches them out so pro! :punk: To me, this song sorta represents the fact that he can sing ANYTHING....and there was absolutely nothing he couldn't do and excel at

:lol: yeah I couldn't understand a word either but there is something about this song, I really really like it especially the chorus.And his voice is so beautiful (and sexy lol) there.

Bruce Swedien said Michael never recorded with a piece of paper in front of him. He studied the lyrics before the session and sang from his heart.

I found it amazing he could sing the verses of this song in such speed and emotion.

Bruce Swedien said Michael never recorded with a piece of paper in front of him. He studied the lyrics before the session and sang from his heart.

I found it amazing he could sing the verses of this song in such speed and emotion.

omg, i didn't know that! wow! not that I'm surprised though! can he get even more amazing?

I really really love this song !!! it's amazing ! as someone said there's nothing that Michael can't sing

ok, bumping this thread cause there's so many people out there still saying this is not MJ :doh:

I am close to certain that Aaron Carter also covered this song on some old and obscure Nickelodeon event circa 2002, but try as I have I've been unable to locate even a single reference to it.
lol what!

That's simply amazing :D

Shout was removed in favour of You Are My Life? Now i never question Mike when it comes to music but what was he thinking? Shout is a billion times better than You Are My Life

Back