Speechless

mary

Proud Member
I am a long long time MJ fan i am 50 years old now and have remained a fan all this time and i am in love with the song :Speechless" ! the word just tear me up,,i think it is about MJ relationship with God anyone here know the meaning for sure? i have to know?
it is a beautiful beautiful sould searching song!

i sure miss MJ and his music,,

his greatest piece, imo....... might take alot of listening to understand that but there isn't a bad second in the song, just pause at anytime and you hear the attention to detail. His vocals throughout and his control over his vocal velocity to convey the emotion of the song, as i said recently to someone no one uses a mic like mike.

1:34-1:40.....music never sounded so good.

his greatest piece, imo....... might take alot of listening to understand that but there isn't a bad second in the song, just pause at anytime and you hear the attention to detail. His vocals throughout and his control over his vocal velocity to convey the emotion of the song, as i said recently to someone no one uses a mic like mike.

1:34-1:40.....music never sounded so good.

I love the way you described it...It's a stunning song...absolutely breathtaking...

One of my absolute most favorite songs is Speechless. It's beautiful and brilliant. This is a song that can never be re-sung or remade. It is only best when Michael sings it. It's amazing and...I can't really describe the feeling I get when I listen to it but I always smile. It's like I am in another world when this song is playing. Pure genius.

Your love is magical....

yes !
its an amazing feeling,,unlike any other song i have heard,,,,i just wish i knew for sure who he is singing to,,

I absolutely LOVE this song it is on my ipod...Michael sounds so pure and honest in this song..his vocals are just so brilliant....this song could NEVER be remade by any other artist...This song is like a lullaby to my ears....I am in love with this song..:love:

I agree that this is one of Michael's most beautiful songs - very pure vocals - I swear this man is pitch perfect!

yes !
its an amazing feeling,,unlike any other song i have heard,,,,i just wish i knew for sure who he is singing to,,

Well I heard that Michael was singing it for his children...how their love was Magical to him.

ooohhhhhhhhhhhhh,,,how beautiful! gives me goosebumps!
how he must of loved his children,,,

I love Speechless. 1 of the best tracks on "Invincible". Always wished it was a bit longer but nonetheless a great song.

Would have loved to hear MJ sing more of it in the "This Is It" movie

I cried a lotttt when I first heard it. I still do many times now. It is my favorite song of all time. It has such purity, simplicty and depth...it really is beyond words, a song truly made in heaven.

I loooove how all the layers keep on adding (the voice, the instruments, the choir) until the amazing climax with the children's choir and then the 'stillness' and the beauty at the end, as though it's making a 360.

This song is like a precious stone - THE most precious - a 3 minutes journey into the wonderland of love - for God, for family, friends, lovers. Whatever key you want to 'read' it in, it remains a masterpiece. It also contains some of the most amazing lyrics ever, lyrics like nothing's real, but ALL is possible if God is on my side.

A nice video made for it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtpGUcieFGk

I cried a lotttt when I first heard it. I still do many times now. It is my favorite song of all time. It has such purity, simplicty and depth...it really is beyond words, a song truly made in heaven.

I loooove how all the layers keep on adding (the voice, the instruments, the choir) until the amazing climax with the children's choir and then the 'stillness' and the beauty at the end, as though it's making a 360.

This song is like a precious stone - THE most precious - a 3 minutes journey into the wonderland of love - for God, for family, friends, lovers. Whatever key you want to 'read' it in, it remains a masterpiece. It also contains some of the most amazing lyrics ever, lyrics like nothing's real, but ALL is possible if God is on my side.

A nice video made for it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtpGUcieFGk
:wild: :wub:

It is one of the songs perfect of "Invincible". :wild: It's sooooooo beautiful, the lyrics are soooooo deep and the voice of Michael is incredibly beautiful. :wub:

I recently heard a radio interview from 2001, where he said Speechless was inpired by his children. This song is amazing

There is only one bad thing about Speechless. That it should have been longer. MJ's vocals are so honest and pure in it, its so stunning to hear.

One of my absolute most favorite songs is Speechless. It's beautiful and brilliant. This is a song that can never be re-sung or remade. It is only best when Michael sings it. It's amazing and...I can't really describe the feeling I get when I listen to it but I always smile. It's like I am in another world when this song is playing. Pure genius.

Your love is magical....

woohohohohohoooooooooo *shivering*

donnn't give anybody any ideaaaaasssssssss:bugeyed lol

i'm still trying to recover from the nightmare of a remake of WATW

anybody out there, thinking of remaking the classic 'speechless'...go somewhere and siddown.

woohohohohohoooooooooo *shivering*

donnn't give anybody any ideaaaaasssssssss:bugeyed lol

i'm still trying to recover from the nightmare of a remake of WATW

anybody out there, thinking of remaking the classic 'speechless'...go somewhere and siddown.

:lol: vncwilliam, we certainly had our differences about WATW25, but i gotta agree with you 100% on this one. Speechless is almost sacred to me, so yeah, i guess i can understand a bit better your point of view on We are the world, now that i think of it *hands out olive branch and smiles - peace?*

Somehow, i don't think anyone will go anywhere near that pearl of a song though. Signature Michael song doesn't begin to describe it properly.

:lol: vncwilliam, we certainly had our differences about WATW25, but i gotta agree with you 100% on this one. Speechless is almost sacred to me, so yeah, i guess i can understand a bit better your point of view on We are the world, now that i think of it *hands out olive branch and smiles - peace?*

Somehow, i don't think anyone will go anywhere near that pearl of a song though. Signature Michael song doesn't begin to describe it properly.

:cheers: :huggy:

to me it's not even a song. it's so much more than that. it's some sort of cosmic experience, something from out of the earth. Like a breath of fresh air. I can't even describe it.... Amazing piece of art.

I heard Michael wrote it after a balloon fight :)

its a song that lifts the sould and spirit!

i sure do not want to hear any remake of Speechless...

^^ found a quote:

VIBE: Tell me about the inspiration for "Speechless". It's very loving.
MJ: You'll be surprised. I was with these kids in Germany, and we had a big water-balloon fight - I'm serious - and I was so happy after the fight that I ran upstairs in their house and wrote "Speechless". Fun inspires me. I hate to say that, because it's such a romantic song. But it was the fight that did it. I was happy, and I wrote it in it's entirety right there. I felt it would be good enough for the album. Out of the bliss comes magic, wonderment, and creativity.
from the VIBE interview http://www.allmichaeljackson.com/interviews/vibemaginterview.html

and here's another quote about Speechless

Anthony: Absoluteluy. Now we have Vernay who writes to us from Newark, Delaware, the good ole USA, and Vernay says, "I'm so pleased with the new album but I was particularly touched by Speechless. What was your inspiration for this song?"
Michael: Speechless was inspired to me by, um, I spend a lot of time in the forest. I like to go into the forest and I like to climb trees. My favorite thing is to climb trees, go all the way up to the top of a tree and I look down on the branches. Whenever I do that it inspires me for music. There are these two sweet little kids, a girl and a boy, and they're so innocent; they're the quintessential form of innocence, and just being in their presence I felt completely speechless, 'cause I felt I was looking in the face of God whenever I saw them. They inspired me to write Speechless.

from the radio chat http://www.allmichaeljackson.com/interviews/onlineaudiochat.html

I always thought the song was a bit sappy but that was nothing new for Mike lol. The song has really grown on me over the years and I think it's quite lovely now. Michael's voice is just stunning in it. Pure, magical and flawless. He sounds gorgeous in this song.

I never wanna hear this remade
EVER!!!!!!

Michael tore it up, so much heart and soul
makes a sistah wanna smile.

Back