Status hearings discussion thread / all threads merged

• Thread starter elusive moonwalker
  • Start date
Re: July 20, 2011 Hearing discussion

Yeah dito.wheres the info from yaz

Murray's defense team is running scared. As they SHOULD be!

First of all, how the heck does he know that Nancy Grace will automatically play up the prosecution's side. We all know her history with Michael Jackson from the past.

His behind ain't worried about Grace, his behind is worried because there is NO defense for what Murray did and he knows it.

In the beginning Chernoff was running his mouth to anybody who would listen to him, now all of a sudden they want silence from "certain TV personalities." PLEASE!

Bottomline there is NO DEFENSE for what Murray did, and all of their lame excuses thus far fall very, VERY flat and I'm sure they know that also.

I am sorry. It was on KNX 1070 here in California. It is a 24 hour news radio station.

No thank you. all I needed if it was recent.

Flanagan is on tape saying Michael's decline in health not apparent in footage and all you see is Michael performing and how good he is even on his bad days. He says the footage is irrelevant to what happened that night and makes it out that the prosecution is the one that wanted the footage.

So I'm calling Flanagan a liar. They were the ones that went on to fishing to find a ill MJ on those tapes. They were the ones went beyond the judge's limit of last 2 days and wanted to add June 15 and beyond to show him sick on June 18.

so it turns out there's not any damning footage and all you see is "good" and alert Michael. It seems like their little plan backfired big time and gave prosecution the chance to see a lot more footage and shows Michael was not dying until Murray OD'd him.

LMAO on the Nancy Grace comments. :lmao:

Can someone fill me in on why the prosecution asked for a delay? What schedule conflict?

So I'm calling Flanagan a liar. They were the ones that went on to fishing to find a ill MJ on those tapes. They were the ones went beyond the judge's limit of last 2 days and wanted to add June 15 and beyond to show him sick on June 18.

so it turns out there's not any damning footage and all you see is "good" and alert Michael. It seems like their little plan backfired big time and gave prosecution the chance to see a lot more footage and shows Michael was not dying until Murray OD'd
him.

yeah this info is very important and intresting to say the least.i hope the news station got this correct.was it something flannagan said in court? It goes with the apparent lack of info on footage the defence want to use.seeing the whole issue was brought up by them to start with.its all gone quiet over there!

All its done is allow the pros to see hours more footage that is obviously of great use to them.thanks flannagan

I thought the defense wasn't allowed to discuss the footage in public.

anyway, him saying all that just makes the pain even worse. Michael was in good health, ready to the big come back and he was killed by that person who I refuse to call a doctor.

First of all, how the heck does he know that Nancy Grace will automatically play up the prosecution's side. We all know her history with Michael Jackson from the past.

I watched 1 Nancy Grace show - the day that Murray was charged with IVM. In that show she said that she still thought Michael was guilty of molestation and he might be an addict but she also went hard on Murray saying that he killed Michael, he didn't follow his medical oath and that he should be charged with murder.

some her her comments below

GRACE: They want real justice? Has anybody told them Conrad Murray is only charged with involuntary manslaughter? That is the lowest possible charge. In fact, in a lot of jurisdictions, you can get straight probation for involuntary manslaughter. Now, this is a doctor that by all accounts hooked Michael Jackson up to one of the most powerful sedatives that there is, Propofol, and left him unattended until he died. He lay there in his bed and died with an IV stuck up his arm.

Grace: Listen, this is what I`d always say when I would talk to a jury about a crime being an accident. Let`s just say, for instance, Was it an accident? You went there that day and you ignored, you disregarded every protocol you learned in medical school. Was it an accident you hooked him up? Was it an accident you left him there for hours upon hours while you chatted away with your girlfriend on the cell phone? Was that an accident? Was it an accident that you never checked on him? Was it an accident you waited until you call 911?

GRACE: This was his live-in doctor. He had seen Jackson`s body. He saw all those track marks on him. He knew the state of his health. Don`t tell me he didn`t know.

GRACE: Alex, Alex, Alex, I appreciate your reiteration as a historian. But I asked you about how this could possibly, in light of the facts, be an accident. ?

GRACE: I don`t think -- I don`t think pulling his license is enough. Of course, he wasn`t afraid to turn himself in. Why should he be? He`s looking square in the eyes of straight probation! I`m surprised he didn`t skip and dance into the courthouse!

GRACE: I don`t care because when he took his oath, the Hippocratic oath, he swore to administer medicine and the practice of medicine judiciously. And what did he do? He doped up Michael Jackson until he was a zombie...and let him die!

GRACE: So you`re telling me, Kevin Frazier, that the man who is now charged formally with killing Michael Jackson is also a deadbeat dad?

NANCY GRACE, HOST: $150,000 a month? To stand by and chat on the cell phone with a girlfriend while he let Michael Jackson die?

GRACE: A lot of people say it`s some sort of defense. Well, Michael Jackson begged for it. He wanted the drugs. He paid the doctor to administer him drugs. So what? If someone comes up to you and asks you to do something illegal, even offers to pay you $1 million or more a year, that doesn`t mean that makes it OK.

Ivy and Elusive yes its from today at the hearing because they also have him on tape talking about wanting a sequestered jury. When I first him I thought they made a mistake and said defense attorney but were talking to prosecution but they played it again and its defense because he blames the prosecution for wanting to show footage

I thought the defense wasn't allowed to discuss the footage in public.

anyway, him saying all that just makes the pain even worse. Michael was in good health, ready to the big come back and he was killed by that person who I refuse to call a doctor.

cant talk about whats in the footage.ie about what mike is performing etc

Ivy and Elusive yes its from today at the hearing because they also have him on tape talking about wanting a sequestered jury. When I first him I thought they made a mistake and said defense attorney but were talking to prosecution but they played it again and its defense because he blames the prosecution for wanting to show footage

so u actually heard the comments from flannagan yaaz?

Last edited:

I agree with you Sophielo . He walks free while Mike's family is trying to find answers of why this is and I know his kids are missing their dad. I just hope this doesn't turnout like Casey Anthony. Like yeah He did it but evidence is fading away the longer they waited to get this trial going. I feel sad for lil Caylee ,Deceased 3 years in a coverup and Sadder for Mike,Deceased 2 years in a coverup. Get Your veggies ready so you can throw at the TV when the trial starts. Hiss and Boo all you want....

Let's not let the Casey Anthony trial outcome affect the way we see the American justice system. We have to know that each case is different. We are talking about different charges, different penalties, different types of evidence and different juries.

Murray Trial -- Jury Shouldn't Watch Nancy Grace
53 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

Lawyers for Conrad Murray told the trial judge they don't want Nancy Grace to pull a "Casey Anthony" on the jury -- so they asked the judge to prohibit jurors from watching her.

Attorney Michael Flanagan argued that it was impractical to tell jurors they can't watch TV - because they simply will. So Flanagan asked Judge Michael Pastor to sequester the jury, O.J. style. The judge told Flanagan to file a motion and he'd consider it, although the judge did say he thought sequestering was both unnecessary and too expensive.

Flanagan pressed his claim for outtakes from the "This Is It" rehearsals -- something Sony doesn't want to cough up. Sources tell us ... Flanagan wants the outtakes to show there were periods where Michael Jackson appeared to be on drugs.

In a telling comment, Judge Pastor said, "This case is going to focus on the charge, not personal lifestyle."

http://www.tmz.com/2011/07/20/conra...nslaughter-trial-propofol-court-death-doctor/

edited to add: this comment reminds me of Anna Nicole case and how the judge said that Anna Nicole wasn't legally an addict. It seems like the judge wouldn't allow an addict claim - even a recreational drug addict claim about Michael - and keep this limited to propofol.
Well I sincerely hope the judge keeps it this way
Flanagan is on tape saying Michael's decline in health not apparent in footage and all you see is Michael performing and how good he is even on his bad days. He says the footage is irrelevant to what happened that night and makes it out that the prosecution is the one that wanted the footage.
Yeah whatever Flanagan, you need to go to hell along with your muderer/killer client

so it turns out there's not any damning footage and all you see is "good" and alert Michael. It seems like their little plan backfired big time and gave prosecution the chance to see a lot more footage and shows Michael was not dying until Murray OD'd him.
I hope that's the case.

It's True Yaazgurl.They wanted all of us to see how he performed on his Good and Bad Days without us seeing the real truth. I did catch him getting Oxygen at one time during one of the rehearsals in the film.That told me something was wrong. And Murray wasn't concerned for his patient's health or excuse me ,His Meal Ticket at the time he was in failing health. It reminded me of a last pic of James Brown before he passed. Lost of weight and trying to get around with not letting people know the real health issue. I was scared for Mike the time he wore those PJs going into court and When Before they showed him going into court before they read the Verdict... Yes I was worried. Hopefully we'll get justice for Mike's Passing.

update about the footage from AP. Confirms what yaazgurl heard on the radio

Meanwhile, Pastor agreed to travel across town to Sony Pictures Studios to view 16 hours of raw footage from Jackson's rehearsal movie "This Is It," which lawyers want to use as evidence. Prosecutors and defense attorneys spent two weeks examining more than 100 hours of video and have submitted requests for excerpts. The prosecution wants 12 hours; the defense seeks four hours of video.

Flanagan acknowledged outside court that the defense didn't find what they had hoped for - footage of Jackson appearing ill or impaired before his death.

Asked what conclusion could be reached from viewing the Jackson rehearsals, he said, "He is very talented. Even on his bad days, he's good."

"We believe his health is somewhat compromised, but he's not displaying it," said Flanagan. He said the only implication of problems might be days when Jackson was absent from rehearsals.

He now believes that showing footage from the film is irrelevant to the trial.

"I really think it's a big waste of time," he said.

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2011/07/20/entertainment-us-michael-jackson-doctor_8575474.html

So the defence wants to show four hours?.the wording is confusing me now.if theres nothing to use against mj wamhats in the four.

Otherwise this is great news thanks ivy thanks yaz.

Meanwhile, Pastor agreed to travel across town to Sony Pictures Studios to view 16 hours of raw footage from Jackson's rehearsal movie "This Is It," which lawyers want to use as evidence. Prosecutors and defense attorneys spent two weeks examining more than 100 hours of video and have submitted requests for excerpts. The prosecution wants 12 hours; the defense seeks four hours of video.

Flanagan acknowledged outside court that the defense didn't find what they had hoped for - footage of Jackson appearing ill or impaired before his death.

Asked what conclusion could be reached from viewing the Jackson rehearsals, he said, "He is very talented. Even on his bad days, he's good."

"We believe his health is somewhat compromised, but he's not displaying it," said Flanagan. He said the only implication of problems might be days when Jackson was absent from rehearsals.

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2011/07/20/entertainment-us-michael-jackson-doctor_8575474.html

How I wish I were Judge Pastor, so I could watch 16 hours of footage... I'd pay to see 16 minutes.

Okay, seriously, I'm glad to hear that the defense did not find what they looked for in the footage.

i am suprised the defense just flatout admits they were wrong on the tapes and MJs status during rehersals since they always seems wanna play games about everything else.

To me, it does not matter about the tapes when it comes to Murray. Either way, Murray is stupid. If Michael was fine, why would a "healthy" man die in the care of a doctor in this way. And if Michael was sick, that makes it even worst. If a man is sick and you, a DOCTOR, give him a drug like that to sleep along with other drugs, that make the doctor (Murray) look worst in the of the court.

Dont get me worried.like they are calling our bluff.after all whats the four hours about

Sorry but take everything Nancy Grace say with a grain of salt. I do not care if she does talk good about MJ, that is given her crediablity and I will not do it. I do not want to hear NOTHING from Nancy Grace.

LMAO Flanagan, seriously go to hell. Up about a month ago you were yapping about how ''crucial'' and ''important'' those footages were to your defense, you were talking all over town, how the footages would show ur killer clients innocence, but just like ur client u have no conscious whatsoever, I will continue to pray for Murray and his supporters, including lawyers etc to rot in the depth of hell for eternity.

I, also, saw Flanagan say this on HLN (CNN). In addition, during the CNN coverage it was noted that Michael Jackson never seemed depressed in any of the rehersal footage.

Lawyer Wants Jury Sequestered in Trial of Michael Jackson's Doctor

The attorney wants the jury sequestered round-the-clock, or at least during the hours CNN's Nancy Grace is on air.

LOS ANGELES (KTLA) -- An attorney for Michael Jackson's personal doctor, Dr. Conrad Murray, is asking that the jury be sequestered during the upcoming trial.

Murray's attorney, J. Michael Flanagan, told a judge in Los Angeles Wednesday that he believes the jury should he sequestered round-the-clock or at least during the hours that CNN's Nancy Grace is on air.

"I just think there is an overwhelming likelihood of contamination of the court's control of evidence," Flanagan told Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor.

Flanagan says he is concerned that biased commentary on certain television programs could affect the panel's ability to render a fair verdict in the case. He cited the recent Casey Anthony case as a reason for the sequestration.

Judge Pastor said the defense is free to file a formal motion for sequestration, but he didn't think it was necessary and that in any case, the financially strapped court system could not afford the expense.

Pastor said he would order jurors be kept away from the general public inside the courthouse but believed it "unhealthy" for panelists to be isolated for the entire trial, which is expected to last six weeks.

The last time a jury was sequestered in L.A. County was during the O.J. Simpson trial.

Dr. Conrad Murray is accused of giving Jackson a lethal dose of propofol mixed with other sedatives June 25, 2009. He has pleaded not guilty to manslaughter.

Prosecutors contend the Houston-based cardiologist was on the phone and distracted after administering a powerful anesthetic to Jackson.

They also believe the singer was dead by the time Murray summoned help.

Pastor has ruled that cameras will be allowed in the courtroom.

The case is expected to last about two months. It is set for September.

Murray faces a maximum of four years in prison if convicted of involuntary manslaughter.

At a preliminary hearing in January, a security guard testified he was told to place vials of medicine in bags before calling 911.

Alberto Alvarez was the first security guard to reach the bedroom where Jackson lapsed into unconsciousness.

Alvarez said he was frozen at the sight of Jackson on the bed with his eyes and mouth wide open.

He testified that Murray was using one hand to pump on the singer's chest as he lay on the bed. Prosecutors say CPR should be done on a hard surface, not a bed.

While waiting for paramedics to arrive, Alvarez says, Murray asked if anyone knew CPR and admitted that he had never performed the life-saving procedure before.

A paramedic sent to Jackson's rented mansion testified that he saw Murray scoop up three bottles of lidocaine from the floor and place the vials in a bag during efforts to revive the pop star.

Martin Blount testified that he was surprised to see the bottles since the doctor told paramedics he hadn't given Jackson any drugs.

Blount says Murray at one point also wanted to use a hypodermic needle on the King of Pop, which he and fellow paramedics refused.

Dr. Richelle Cooper said Jackson was dead long before he was wheeled into the emergency room at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center.

Cooper testified she authorized paramedics to pronounce Jackson dead at 12:57 p.m., but they declined at Murray's request and because of the singer's celebrity.

After an ambulance ride trailed by paparazzi and more than an hour of efforts in the ER, Cooper officially pronounced Jackson dead at 2:26 p.m. on June 25, 2009.

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-conrad-murray-jury-sequestered,0,1563075.story

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for the news!!!:yes:

love is magical;3439453 said:
Can someone fill me in on why the prosecution asked for a delay? What schedule conflict?

Apparently, because defence wanted to see footage from 15th to 24th June, just in case... and the viewing would take time.

This is from a past hearing:

Re: Prosecutors want another delay in trial of Michael Jackson's doctor
WALGREN: We are not subject to subpoena, 1, we are stuck by the dates requested, we thought it was limited to 2 days, 2. People want to view essential material too, we request stipulations to include people same rights. (...) The vagueness of the labels and disorganized state could be a lengthy process. I’m just relying on what I have heard here. People have spoken to Mr. Chernoff and received a continued date for 3 weeks based on scheduling issues, we have no objection to that, the other issue is back to cost, viewing the material. They are in format that could be readable.

http://teammichaeljackson.com/tmj_328.htm

smoothlugar;3439599 said:
Thank you everyone for the news!!!:yes:

Apparently, because defence wanted to see footage from 15th to 24th June, just in case... and the viewing would take time.

This is from a past hearing:

Re: Prosecutors want another delay in trial of Michael Jackson's doctor
WALGREN: We are not subject to subpoena, 1, we are stuck by the dates requested, we thought it was limited to 2 days, 2. People want to view essential material too, we request stipulations to include people same rights. (...) The vagueness of the labels and disorganized state could be a lengthy process. I’m just relying on what I have heard here. People have spoken to Mr. Chernoff and received a continued date for 3 weeks based on scheduling issues, we have no objection to that, the other issue is back to cost, viewing the material. They are in format that could be readable.

http://teammichaeljackson.com/tmj_328.htm

Thank you. I just want to know if there is any development I missed.

Update from Sony's status report document filed with the court and news sources :

- According to the status report filed by Sony Prosecution wants approximately 12:30 hours, defense wants approximately 4 hours. Some of the footage they want such as June 24 Michael watching special effects for TII on a monitor with Kenny Ortega backstage overlap.
- Sony is the one that asked the Judge to review the materials himself to determine "relevancy or admissibility" - this can be seen from the status report Sony filed.. In their status report Sony argues that if they file their objection to 16 hours it would be massive. They want the judge to decide how much of these 16 hours he'll let and then they'll file their objections and the judge will decide on motion to quash.
Update: According to AP Sony later filed a motion to quash. Judge will consider this matter on Monday.
- According to LA Times Judge will start viewing the footage as soon as possible.
Update: According to AP, Judge made the viewing on Friday but cancelled the rest of the weekend plans to view the footage.
- Media such as TMZ reports that the defense wants jury to be sequestered, especially from the likes of Nancy Grace. In regard to sequestering according to LA Times and ABC news judge offers to sequester the jury day time between the hours of 8:30 and 4:30 in a jury room.
- KTLA reports that Judge says they can file any motion that they want but he doesn't feel it's necessary, he says he thinks it's unhealthy for the justice and that California doesn't have the funds.

Thanks ivy and everyone else

Thanks to those who have updated this thread with the news surrounding the trial. I finally had some free time to come here and was going to update with this as well.. and since I'd been scanning the 'News' channels and had heard of the 'Nancy Grace Factor' :no: and the request to have the Jury sequestered.
Thanks. :)

:heart:
souldreamer7

Back