Stupid Newbie Question... MJ and Donny Osmond

Toffy

Proud Member
Hey guys! I know I'm not technically a newbie anymore on the message board, but in the world of being an MJ fan I still have A LOT to learn lol, and I'm hoping this isn't considered to be too much of a personal life question...

Before I was an MJ fan, I was (and still am) a really big Donny Osmond fan... I know that MJ and Donny were once upon a time technically rivals what with the Osmond Brothers vs the Jackson 5 etc, but I know after they met they became at least mildly good friends for awhile... I was wondering, is that still the case and/or was Donny there for MJ during the trial?

[/stupid newbie question]

Looks like Bern (Bernadette?) was knocked with a little bit of what us fans call, 'perspective.' Sad when folks judge others without applying some logical thought to it, or even common-sense for that matter.

Those comments from both the lovely lady and Donny were very strong and may/can have some truth to them. (I'm staying away from the sugery topic out of respect for Michael. The issues go far deeper than what we as regular observers/people can understand.

Thanks for the video. nice to see some individuals have some compassion and commen-sense. ^_^

Yes, he did support Michael during the trial and still considers MJ a good friend. Here is an article I scanned from an Australian paper in late 2007:

mjdonny2.jpg

mjdonny.jpg

Thanks you guys so much! This makes me so freaking happy haha :D

OMG They were gonna record a song together?! That would have been AWESOME!!! Donny releases albums every other year or so, so maybe if they never even get one on an MJ album, maybe some day they'll do one for Donny album or something...

Thanks again so much guys :D

That was really sweet of both Donny and the woman. She seemed to have a very good understanding and knowledge of his history, which is impressive. She actually knew exactly what she was talking about. And of course Donny Osmond has always supported Michael and says what everyone who know's him says; that he's the nicest person.

They were rivals as far as music but other than that I think they've always understood eachother really well being child stars and all. :yes:

To my knowledge Donny Osmond is a good friend of Michael's, though their not super close or in regular contact.

According to Donny Osmond, he said shortly after Michael was arrested that before all that trouble started Michael was due to recorded a duet with him in LA. Donny said it was going to be a cover version of a Stevie Wonder song, but Michael told him put it on hold, and that they will record together another time. Donny seemed really excited when talking about the idea of duetting with Michael.

Just noticed this info was in the article on this thread. I have a BBC News interview on video of Donny talking about this.

Last edited:
It was Michael who encouraged Donny to write his own songs. Donny did that for the first time and was very proud of his achievements. He got good advice from Michael.

Last edited:
Back