surveillance tapes (all threads merged)

Re: Dr. Murray to Cops: Where's the Surveillance Video?

Michael Jackson Surveillance Video Erased

22 minutes ago by TMZ Staff
The surveillance video of Michael Jackson's home the day he died has been erased -- lost forever, because the LAPD never knew MJ's death would turn into a criminal case.

0315-mj-house-celebrityhomephotos-lapd-mj-tmz-ex-credit.jpg

TMZ broke the story ... the LAPD only copied 4 minutes of footage from the surveillance videos trained on Michael's house the day he died. The video shows Jackson coming home from rehearsal at around 12:30 AM.

Dr. Conrad Murray's lawyers will ask a judge today to order authorities to turn over the nearly 24 hours of surveillance video surrounding MJ's death.

But here's what we found out. The tape recirculates every 24 hours, and when the LAPD pulled the video shortly after MJ's death, the case was not a homicide investigation so all cops wanted to do was establish a time line -- so the only relevance of the video was showing when MJ entered the home.

We're told cops never looked at the rest of the surveillance video.

The video would have shown who entered the house and when, on the day MJ died. It will now and forever remain a mystery.

Michael Jackson Surveillance Video Erased

22 minutes ago by TMZ Staff
The surveillance video of Michael Jackson's home the day he died has been erased -- lost forever, because the LAPD never knew MJ's death would turn into a criminal case.

0315-mj-house-celebrityhomephotos-lapd-mj-tmz-ex-credit.jpg

TMZ broke the story ... the LAPD only copied 4 minutes of footage from the surveillance videos trained on Michael's house the day he died. The video shows Jackson coming home from rehearsal at around 12:30 AM.

Dr. Conrad Murray's lawyers will ask a judge today to order authorities to turn over the nearly 24 hours of surveillance video surrounding MJ's death.

But here's what we found out. The tape recirculates every 24 hours, and when the LAPD pulled the video shortly after MJ's death, the case was not a homicide investigation so all cops wanted to do was establish a time line -- so the only relevance of the video was showing when MJ entered the home.

We're told cops never looked at the rest of the surveillance video.

The video would have shown who entered the house and when, on the day MJ died. It will now and forever remain a mystery.

Wow, if this is true, now I am sad and mad as hell. LA police is really inept.

This is horrible news..Not that we weren't expecting it, these tapes were reported missing days after Mike passed.
But now we have the confirmation.
I'm very skeptical about this purported loss and I'd really like to have an expert's view. Is there no such thing as computer memory or backups?
And how can LAPD possibly have "predetermined" the cause of death at a time it was still unknown?
Somehow I feel violated and outraged because somebody is underestimating our intelligence.
Is there such a thing as justice being "approximately" served?
Cause we are about to witness that.
The worst parody ever.

The police should not give this video to them!!

If it shows what happened they need it to show their case.

The prosecution has been ordered to turn the footage over to the defense, if they do not comply it could be grounds for a mistrial.

This is horrible news..Not that we weren't expecting it, these tapes were reported missing days after Mike passed.
But now we have the confirmation.
I'm very skeptical about this purported loss and I'd really like to have an expert's view. Is there no such thing as computer memory or backups?
And how can LAPD possibly have "predetermined" the cause of death at a time it was still unknown?
Somehow I feel violated and outraged because somebody is underestimating our intelligence.
Is there such a thing as justice being "approximately" served?
Cause we are about to witness that.
The worst parody ever.
Indeed. This is frustrating.
Sounds fishy to me. They couldn't erase it. I don't want to think that LAPD is just as incompetent as Murray.

Wow, if this is true, now I am sad and mad as hell. LA police is really inept.

Yea they really are... I dont know how many of you are from the states, but it's kinda common knowledge over here. Alot of shady stuff goes down I Los Angeles County

hmmm im not that mad exactly. because it was ruled not a homicide at first, so the delay in doing investigation make sence, i know it suchs but you cant get every death investigated immidiatly so i dont think lapd made a mistake
further on if the tape erases it selfs i think it recorded on it further on, so its overtaped and that would mean its really gone.. but he thats my thought..

The prosecution has been ordered to turn the footage over to the defense, if they do not comply it could be grounds for a mistrial.

Yeh but without that video how are they gonna prove their case?

it doesn't matter what's on the video. The case is about Murray injecting MJ with propofol and killing him. Murray has already admitted giving MJ the drugs. Murray had no business leaving MJ unattended anyway for anyone to 'sneak' into his room.. Murray is lying about the restroom because we all know he was talking to his girlfriend.

True, StacyJ.

LAPD still is one very very corrupt police department, hiding behind a plastic veil of effectiveness. Not surprised with anything anymore. ..

I'll say this

First of all this is normal. We talked about this before. They had a 50 year old male who they thought had a heart attack with no visible trauma. Murray withheld information from them, they didn't have a reason to suspect foul play till 2 days later when Murray talked to them and mentioned the drugs.

Two the only reason that Murray wants that video is that if there's someone going in he can blame them with killing Michael.

Three so what the video isn't available. Why do we act like Michael's home had a revolving open door? It didn't. There was a security trailer with security guys outside, the house door was locked (per Alberto's testimony) and opened by the people inside (nanny or MJ's kids), nanny and MJ's kids (and after sometime the cook) were inside the house. So if someone entered the house these people would know and see that person. and Murray - who was supposed to be with Michael - would also see if anyone else entered the room.

Ivy if you go back and read fleak testimony she found an empty propofol vial on the floor the very first day .

She found a syringe with a depressed plunger inserted into the port of a tube attached to the IV bag and hung on the IV stand the VERY first day yet she did not take it as evidence . because she only focused on pills . They were damn sure he overdosed himself and did not even bother to try and see what really happened .

She returned the very next day because the family asked them to come and collect evidence, is that even acceptable ?

Fleak: Yes.

DDA shows new photos of syringes, of oxygen tank, other items, taking Investigator Fleak through identifying photos with more items, including an IV bag with connected tubing

DDA Q: Was there also an IV stand—(interrupted)

(Sprocket note: I think someone was knocking at door—bailiff got up.)

DDA Q: [Regarding location of IV stand] If you were facing at the bed, at the foot of the bed, the head of the bed it would be to your right?

Fleak: Yes. [ed. note: This makes sense, as the IV was positioned in Jackson’s left leg.]

(Sprocket note: I’m starting to yawn. I got less than four hours of sleep last night. It’s going to be a long two hours now.)

DDA is showing Investigator Fleak photos of nightstand and IV stand and IV kit attached and asks her to identify.

Fleak. Yes. She describes where everything is. “It’s a saline bag” [ed. note: IV solution]

DDA Q: Recovered an open box of disposable hypodermic needles?

Fleak: Yes. It was on the two tables as well.

DDA Q: Recovered IV catheters?

DDA Q: Is it all documented in your form?

Fleak: Yes it is.

DDA Q: Recovered an empty vial of Propofol and (garbled; could be midazolam

or lorazepam, both of which were given and are given IV)?

Fleak replies vials were found between the two nightstands. DDA presents more photographs for Investigator Fleak

DDA Q: Was this an empty full, partially full bottle of Propofol?

Fleak: It was empty. (She verifies where the Propofol vial was on the floor.)

DDA Q: 200 mg bottle of Propofol?

Q: The IV from the IV bag. Last page of your worksheet. “IV bag from the IV stand.”
Did it have liquid in it?

Q: Did you have it fingerprinted?

Fleak: I don’t remember.

Q: This IV bag had some tubing coming down from it.

Fleak: Yes. And in the tubing hand an IV in it?
Halfway from the tubing there was a clamp and that clamp had a syringe in it.
The plunger was depressed. I don’t remember if there was a small amount of liquid in the syringe.

Q: Was the plunger completely depressed?

Fleak: I don’t remember exactly where it was.

Q: Was there residue?

Fleak: I don’t remember?

Q: Was there more tubing below that IV port?

Q: Did that tubing have liquid in it?

Fleak: I don’t remember.

Q: Did the tubing above it have liquid in it?

Q: Was that clear?

Fleak: Yes

Q: Was the IV bag clear?

Q: Did it have a milky appearance to it?

Fleak: It was clear. [ed. Note: this is setting up the “Jackson self-injected” theory. Defense attorney was asking for location of ports, or openings, in the IV tubing, and the location of those ports, theorizing a port was close enough for Jackson to use and then clear the tubing above with saline.]

Q: When you went back on the 29th, was this the only thing you collected from the bedroom?

(Sprocket note: missing some of this exchange)

Q: One of the items, I think this bag, fingerprint dusted, the only [thing] you remember is from the IV bag itself?

Fleak: Yes. Remembers that the IV bag had about 1/2 to 3/4 full when it was hanging.

Q: You were there on the 25th, and you found quite a few things. Can I have the photographs?

The break was called at 2:46pm

3:03 pm
Resumption of cross of Coroner Investigator.

Fleak: "There was a vial, with some medications.”
Q: They all appeared to be used?

(Sprocket note: did not hear answer)
Q: What was crumpled up?

Fleak: The packaging.

Q: You described that as a bag of medical garbage?

Q: All of these things, all of the vials, hand been used? Is that correct?

Q: They were open and they had liquid in them?

Fleak: All those things as trash? (Objection, sustained.)

Q: In the main room, where was the IV bag on the stand that had the syringe in it? In that room? In this corner. (She's pointing to an exhibit on the screen with a laser pointer.)

Why wasn’t that taken on the 25th?

Fleak: I wasn’t taking anything that was injectable. I’m usually looking for pill bottles. At the time I didn’t know what Propofol was when I was there. I didn’t know it was injected intravenously. I didn’t know it would be used to administer the drugs that were there.

Q: So you saw the IV drugs there?

Fleak: I saw bottles of medications.

Q: Asks about the “broken” syringe.

Fleak: I should have described it as “separate.” It was not cracked it was not broken it was not defective in any way. They were just separate—the needle and the plunger.

Q: As you sit here now you would have described it as a broken syringe?

Fleak: No I wouldn’t it.

Q: Why did you collect that?

Fleak: It was on the ground near the bottle on the ground.

Q: Did you ask for these things to be fingerprinted?

Fleak: I don’t remember?

Q: Is it part of your role to ask for things to be fingerprinted?

Fleak: No.

Q: So (what is your role?) you collect and put away? Maintain custody?

Fleak: In a complete death investigation we have more responsibilities than just collecting and logging evidence. (A coroner's investigator) performs a body investigation, notifies families, performs a death scene investigation... (She mentioned a few more tasks).

Q: On that day, did you notice the IV with the pole with the IV syringe?

Fleak: Yes I did.

Q: Why did you not take that into custody? (Objection, asked and answered. )

Did you notice on the table some juice bottles? They were labeled the Naked Juice company.

Were they empty?

(Missed question)

Fleak: I did not collect those juice bottles and I did not document what was in them.

Q: You left them there at the scene?

Fleak: Yes. They were on the table next to the bed.

Q: And the syringe, was it in reachable distance of the bed? (Objection! Sustained!)
[ed. note; here we go!] How far was the syringe from the bed?

Fleak: About 2 feet.

Q: And the syringe? (Miss answer)

Q: Bottle of Propofol, how far was that?

they erased the tape, they did not collect evidence , they had to be asked to come back and get the IV bag and the syringe that killed MJ , even then they did not even bother to search the room , until Murray told them where he put his stuff .

what the hell?

oh and they did not bother to take hair samples for two damn months after his death , what if he had a more loving family and he was buried before that?

I'm furious at their incompetence

and they brought a propofol expert that wrote a 47 page but did not even consider the gastric concentrations in his evaluation !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you find injectable drugs and syringes but you focus on the PILLS ? Murray did not tell them straight away but the evidence was there infront of them still they did not even bother .what would it cost them to download the whole tape of that night?

Last edited:
I'll say this

First of all this is normal. We talked about this before. They had a 50 year old male who they thought had a heart attack with no visible trauma. Murray withheld information from them, they didn't have a reason to suspect foul play till 2 days later when Murray talked to them and mentioned the drugs.

Two the only reason that Murray wants that video is that if there's someone going in he can blame them with killing Michael.

Three so what the video isn't available. Why do we act like Michael's home had a revolving open door? It didn't. There was a security trailer with security guys outside, the house door was locked (per Alberto's testimony) and opened by the people inside (nanny or MJ's kids), nanny and MJ's kids (and after sometime the cook) were inside the house. So if someone entered the house these people would know and see that person. and Murray - who was supposed to be with Michael - would also see if anyone else entered the room.

Well in the beginning, no one knew what killed him. It was said he went into cardiac arrest, not had a heart attack, those are two different things. Many intertwine those two but they aren't the same. Also, I feel, there was a reason to investigate his house and everyone around him. When MJ left the house, EVERYBODY but Muarry knew he was dead. As we all know, the only reason they went to the hospital was because Muarry insisted so. Even at the hospital Muarry not only disappeared but he wouldn't even sign the death certificate. That's some fishy stuff. I even remember that the people in the ER raised concerns about that. Since the tape records over itself every 24 hr, someone had to get their hands on the tape by 12 am June 26 or they wouldn't have the footage of MJ coming back from rehearsal. I don't think anyone thinks(well atleast I don't) MJ house had a revolving door. The tapes will help solidify the timeline. IMO

exactly. of course it will be better if the full 24hrs excist and it will shut up one of his crazy theories but if the tape doesntexcist its hardly horrible news. unless u think anyone is gonna buy that someone else came in and did it! its smoke and mirrors

ARE we AT ALL surprise about this I mean really???,,,call me a conspiracy theorist all you like..BUT we said from the beginning that THOSE tapes WOULD be erased..and LOOK...they have been erased. Nothing to show the truth...everyone is entitled to their own opinion...and MY opinion stands as is...always said and always WILL say..Conrad Murray DIDN"T act alone. If we think we never would of gotten the truth from Murray..we DEFINITELY wont get it now.

He's a fake freemason.. Or maybe one of those that are paid and instructed to act dumb and narrow-minded. My guess would be the latter, 'insanity' is often being pitied and treated much differently at times than calculated behavior.

Well in the beginning, no one knew what killed him. It was said he went into cardiac arrest, not had a heart attack, those are two different things. Many intertwine those two but they aren't the same. Also, I feel, there was a reason to investigate his house and everyone around him. When MJ left the house, EVERYBODY but Muarry knew he was dead. As we all know, the only reason they went to the hospital was because Muarry insisted so. Even at the hospital Muarry not only disappeared but he wouldn't even sign the death certificate. That's some fishy stuff. I even remember that the people in the ER raised concerns about that. Since the tape records over itself every 24 hr, someone had to get their hands on the tape by 12 am June 26 or they wouldn't have the footage of MJ coming back from rehearsal. I don't think anyone thinks(well atleast I don't) MJ house had a revolving door. The tapes will help solidify the timeline. IMO

Yes, but it was handled right away by Robbery Homicide by Lt. Gregg Strenk, so they should have done better:
link:
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=5115229n

another vid of that interview:
http://www.redlasso.com/ClipPlayer.aspx?id=18f20ad4-108f-4970-b012-257b9f177b46

Last edited:
My first question: beside the TMZ link, is there a more reliable source for this? Thanks in advance! :flowers:

Second... let's agree this has been previously discussed and let's remember many fingers were pointed towards those "crazy conspiracy fellows" who were "a disgrace to the fan community". Yes, words like those were used. Many times. For it was said many times that the tapes were not lost and that the police would have them or will ask for them, or whatever. So now, the tapes were erased. Maybe some "crazy conspiracy fellows" deserve some nicer words now or at least a bit more respect -_-

Truth is none of us know the truth. But... once again certain early concerns get confirmed.

Too many stupid mistakes by too many stupid people. People who also believe the rest of us are just as stupid. How stupid is all this?

What's next? For the sake of mental health of many, I hope there is a way to recover those tapes. If they show nothing, fine. If they show something, anything, that should be investigated. How can any of us here be SO sure there's nothing on the tapes? We just can't.

My first question: beside the TMZ link, is there a more reliable source for this? Thanks in advance! :flowers:

Second... let's agree this has been previously discussed and let's remember many fingers were pointed towards those "crazy conspiracy fellows" who were "a disgrace to the fan community". Yes, words like those were used. Many times. For it was said many times that the tapes were not lost and that the police would have them or will ask for them, or whatever. So now, the tapes were erased. Maybe some "crazy conspiracy fellows" deserve some nicer words now or at least a bit more respect -_-

Truth is none of us know the truth s... But... once again certain early concerns get confirmed.

Too many stupid mistakes by too many stupid people. People who also believe the rest of us are just as stupid. How stupid is all this?

What's next? For the sake of mental health of many, I hope there is a way to recover those tapes. If they show nothing, fine. If they show something, anything, that should be investigated. How can any of us here be SO sure there's nothing on the tapes? We just can't.
Thank you PCR..I am one of THOSE PEOPLE....it is just a shame that those tapes have been erased...or have they?...who am I to say.. know for a fact I and some other have been yelling for the past almost 2 years now that those tapes where important and that they hold alot of weight in this case...especially to tell us what happened to Michael...you are right they may not of had any important information on them...BUT....how are we to know that now...the evidence is gone. They have dropped the ball...it was expected..this just proves what kind of shody police work they do...and it is at Michael's expense...makes me sick.

i wonder if the police will make a statement bout this..??

Ivy if you go back and read fleak testimony she found an empty propofol vial on the floor the very first day .

She found a syringe with a depressed plunger inserted into the port of a tube attached to the IV bag and hung on the IV stand the VERY first day yet she did not take it as evidence . because she only focused on pills . They were damn sure he overdosed himself and did not even bother to try and see what really happened .

She returned the very next day because the family asked them to come and collect evidence, is that even acceptable ?

they erased the tape, they did not collect evidence , they had to be asked to come back and get the IV bag and the syringe that killed MJ , even then they did not even bother to search the room , until Murray told them where he put his stuff .

what the hell?

oh and they did not bother to take hair samples for two damn months after his death , what if he had a more loving family and he was buried before that?

I'm furious at their incompetence

and they brought a propofol expert that wrote a 47 page but did not even consider the gastric concentrations in his evaluation !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you find injectable drugs and syringes but you focus on the PILLS ? Murray did not tell them straight away but the evidence was there infront of them still they did not even bother .what would it cost them to download the whole tape of that night?

^^I am with you on this one. Right after his death the rumors came out that he died of a drug overdose, and the police believed it as well. Sure they said he had a heart attach, but the idea was that drugs was involved, taken by his own hands. That is why they did not consider the home a crime scene at first. You are right about them not making a thorough search initially. I also recall that mere days after his death we heard that the tapes were missing.

First of all no there's no other source than TMZ as of now. So let's take it with a grain of salt for the time being.

Two as we all know the tapes weren't missing. They were there, LAPD had them.

Three as many of you pointed out they assumed this was either a natural death or a drug overdose (Blame likes of Oxman saying that the moment MJ died), the police had no reason to suspect a homicide/ murder. Murray didn't talk to them until a few days later, even when he talked to them he said that what he gave Michael wouldn't have killed him. They realized it was a homicide after the autopsy results came back. So there could have been some things that they overlooked. It's normal.

Then we have to realize why Murray's team want that videos - mainly to blame it on someone else if possible. And you must realize that they actually have no reason to believe that - today they were saying only Murray and MJ was in the room and as Murray didn't do it, Michael must have done it. by the way Murray's defense is flipping their strategy , you know that most probably there's not (or wasn't) a smoking gun in that videos.

Anna Nicole Smith died six weeks ago and after many hours of investing video surveillance cameras, analyzing her computer content, and conducting a very thorough investigation, the results are finally in. According to the Seminole Police Department there is no evidence of foul play. She died of "an accidental overdose with no other criminal element present."
http://www.celebritybabies.info/index.php/category/anna-nicole-smith/page/2/

LAPD: But this is Michael Jackson. Let's just look at four minutes and delete the rest of the hours.

They're going to believe a doctor who not only disapperared right away, but didn't even answer to their phone calls??!?!

They are right. They didn't just mess up this investigation, they really did mess it up "in a drastic way."

Last edited:
If someone else was in the house like Ivy said they would have been noticed. And in the two minutes Murray was out of the room someone snuck in shot Michael up with Propofol and left without being noticed? This is not a Lifetime movie folks I mean come on

Not suprised, the LAPD is cottupt, they screwed up this case from the getgo. Each case should be taken seriously when someone has died or has been found unresponsive at home the house is a crime scene. Everything just seems to have been careless with michael from his treatement(Murray) to his death investigation.

If someone else was in the house like Ivy said they would have been noticed. And in the two minutes Murray was out of the room someone snuck in shot Michael up with Propofol and left without being noticed? This is not a Lifetime movie folks I mean come on

Now I don't know about anyone else injecting the shot into Michael, but someone else may have been up there as early as 9 A.M. with him (not saying they injected michael). We should expect lots more to come out during trial. Some of the things we hear will make us want to :puke: We have to brace ourselves.

This is already causing me so much headaches.

Last edited:
Back