The Bad Tour Discussion Thread

If they ever put out BAD tour on DVD i think it would be cool if they did a two disk set with the 1987 leg of the tour on the first disk and the 1988 leg on the second disk.

The original transmission of the Dangerous Tour: Live In Bucharest is very dull. And apart from Michael's brilliant performance of Working Day & Night, Michael has no energy in that concert. I was very disappointed when I video tapped the concert in BBC 1 in November 1992, because the Dangerous concerts I went to were amazing, and that Bucharest concert didn't have the energy of the Wembley concerts.

Michael canceled the rest of the 1992 European leg early after the Bucharest concert. Michael had an operation on his throat after the Bucharest concert. As Michael lip-synced most of the songs on the History Tour, I wouldn't be surprised if Michael's doctors have advised him not to sing live on tour again in case he loses his voice. But stars like Elton John have had operations on there throats before and still sing live on tour.

Collapse is often from exhaustion, and I can't remember exactly what happened after that specific concert. I think there was enough time between concerts for Michael to regain his health.

Michael was ill throughout the Dangerous Tour in 1992. Dates in various countries in Europe were canceled and rescheduled due to Michael's ill health. One concert that was canceled was at Wembley Statdium (I glad I wasn't there), and it was canceled not long (an hour or so) before Michael was due on stage. So fans were in the stadium and would have been waiting all day, some from 8am or earlier. I went to the rescheduled concert of this date.

Michael had surgery on his throat? For what, exactly?

You're right about the Bucharest concert not being the best representation of Michael's performance on the "Dangerous" tour. I have a lot of footage of various performances from that tour in all manner of different countries, and his dancing was unbelieveabley good, just as good as it was on "Bad", and he had just as much energy in some performances as he did on the "Bad" tour too.

Last edited:
OMG! you are so lucky!! If only I could attend at least one Bad concert. That is my fav era, my fav concert tour. Please tell us more about it! How was the Michaelmania? I've seen it in a lot of documentaries that people went extremely crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well at the time I was 16 and I went with my sister and her best friend.

Michael was LOVED by EVERYBODY back then. He could do no wrong with the public.

Just the sheer mention of his name would send people into a frenzy and that's the truth.

As this was my first concert, I didn't know what to expect. I had never seen such a large amount of people in one place before. and I was terrified. LOL

Helicopters were hovering...there was music playing...Hamburger stands.... and merchandise were everywhere. Most of the fans were wearing "Bad" and "Thriller" t-shirts. (Including myself). Fans were playing MJ music from their ghetto-blasters whilst flicking through their "Bad" tour books.

When the gates to roundhay park opened I remember people RUSHED forward. Some even toppled and fell over...I tried to run with my sister and her friend to get a place near the front but It was just to crazy.

People were dashing left, right and centre to get their place because back then there was no such thing as allocated seats...It was a football pitch or a park and people could stand and dance if they felt like it.

When the show started, there was no chance of dancing because a sea of fans pushed forward with their arms outstretched for Michael. I was crushed. Fans were crying...some screaming and even fainting. Some had to be lifted over the barriers to get medical help. It was a really scary experience for someone of my age.

When I see old clips of the tour everything comes flooding back to me how I felt on that day.
Nothing can EVER replace the feeling of being at a MJ concert...especially with the "Bad" tour as this was when he was at height of popularity.

Michael played ALL his biggest hits from "Bad". Even "Dirty Diana" which I adored..and still do.

No artist I have ever seen after that has ever measured up to MJ
The man will ALWAYS be my idol, but I'm thankful for seeing him before all the hostility and controversy arose.

He was simply amazing!!!!!

Last edited:
I have very much enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts and accounts on this thread. Nice one! :)

I too agree with you benscarr, the Working Day and Night performance at Bucharest was fantastic. As a matter of fact I watched it yesterday. By the way, was it broadcast on BBC 1 live or a day after?

onething i never been to one of has concents at all :(

but i love watching the bad tour in concent is fun to watch him :) :heart:

Well at the time I was 16 and I went with my sister and her best friend.

Michael was LOVED by EVERYBODY back then. He could do no wrong with the public.

Just the sheer mention of his name would send people into a frenzy and that's the truth.

As this was my first concert, I didn't know what to expect. I had never seen such a large amount of people in one place before. and I was terrified. LOL

Helicopters were hovering...there was music playing...Hamburger stands.... and merchandise were everywhere. Most of the fans were wearing "Bad" and "Thriller" t-shirts. (Including myself). Fans were playing MJ music from their ghetto-blasters whilst flicking through their "Bad" tour books.

When the gates to roundhay park opened I remember people RUSHED forward. Some even toppled and fell over...I tried to run with my sister and her friend to get a place near the front but It was just to crazy.

People were dashing left, right and centre to get their place because back then there was no such thing as allocated seats...It was a football pitch or a park and people could stand and dance if they felt like it.

When the show started, there was no chance of dancing because a sea of fans pushed forward with their arms outstretched for Michael. I was crushed. Fans were crying...some screaming and even fainting. Some had to be lifted over the barriers to get medical help. It was a really scary experience for someone of my age.

When I see old clips of the tour everything comes flooding back to me how I felt on that day.
Nothing can EVER replace the feeling of being at a MJ concert...especially with the "Bad" tour as this was when he was at height of popularity.

Michael played ALL his biggest hits from "Bad". Even "Dirty Diana" which I adored..and still do.

No artist I have ever seen after that has ever measured up to MJ
The man will ALWAYS be my idol, but I'm thankful for seeing him before all the hostility and controversy arose.

He was simply amazing!!!!!

OMG! You just wrote what I'd expect you'd write... :lol: I have this feeling all the time when I watch footage of the Bad tour! It must have been so great to experience it in person! Those fainting, screaming, crazy girls... the crowd... OMG! :eek: I have been to a Dangerous and a HIStory concert. The Dangerous concert was almost the same as I could see in the Bad documentaries. At the HIStory concert there was a little bit less hysteria IMO. That was in Budapest, Hungary, I don't know at other locations how was it like.

i saw him there too on the bad tour, his 30th birthday, my first concert. incredible :)

Wow what a concert! From listening to the audio concert of that (quite good recording) the fans sung Happy Birthday before Another Part of Me, when Michael would say the regular "How you doin'?" before it.

yeah it was a special concert for many reasons,there was a great atmosphere especially because it was his birthday

Leeds was a pretty good concert but his voice was pretty bad, he sounded rough lol

I really hope that The Bad Concert when he played at Wembley gets released on DVD. He was really something else on that entire tour, but he was just absolutely incredible on the Wembley dates.

We talk about having the concert at Wembley on DVD, but which one out of the 7 exactly? Would it be the first one, where the atmosphere and tension was presumably at its peak? Or maybe concert 3 or 4?

^^^I don't mind, just want it... :lol: I think every Bad concert had a special, crazy atmosphere, especially the European ones. So one Wembley or one Italian would be great to have!!!

I really hope that The Bad Concert when he played at Wembley gets released on DVD. He was really something else on that entire tour, but he was just absolutely incredible on the Wembley dates.

:pray: That would be beyond fantastic. I really hope he'll release it someday.

Bad Tour is my ultimate favorite tour of all time, it's mindblowing. Yes, Dangerous/HIStory tours had more special effects and such, but The Bad tour is all about Michael's energy, dancing and singing. The Bad tour concerts are not so repeative as the following ones IMO, every concert was different. That's why the Bad tour is my favorite (plus the reason that he was smmexy as hell).

I have a question.. Cuz I forgott..

What concert (where) was the Man In The Mirror video filmed from.. (BLUE SHIRT) ?? I know it was the second leg, but which?

I have a question.. Cuz I forgott..

What concert (where) was the Man In The Mirror video filmed from.. (BLUE SHIRT) ?? I know it was the second leg, but which?

The Moonwalker version I presume? I guess it's a mix of various different locations. In one of the shots, you can see the huge concert location sign at the tower in the middle reading "MILTON KEYNES".

That video is one of my favourites. The way it fades from the Jackson feet logo to the 50,000+ crowd ;) at night with the lights is just fantastic! :wub:

Last edited:
I don't understand why BAD tour 1988 isn't getting released. If it get's put out it will make the fans happy, it will bring more publicity to Michael and Epic Records will make money off of it

So it's a win win situation

Back