The Bad Tour Discussion Thread

Hey cool thead i also like the bad world tour. I have yokohama 87 on vhs/dvd and i think the show is very good. Not the best but its pure michael jackson. And i love the album "bad" very much. it has so many powerful songs in it. I would have give everything to see michael performe dirty diana and another part of me ! ...

The Bad Tour is MJ's best tour in my opinion. The dancing and singing was off the hook. Watching Yokohama and the incomplete Brisbane recording really makes me want to see one of the 2nd leg concerts (in good quality). MJ was at his best and the set list is way better. Perhaps, one day...

Hey cool thead i also like the bad world tour. I have yokohama 87 on vhs/dvd and i think the show is very good. Not the best but its pure michael jackson. And i love the album "bad" very much. it has so many powerful songs in it. I would have give everything to see michael performe dirty diana and another part of me ! ...

Took the words right outta my fingers lol. Bad Tour in Yokohama....... umph umph umph. The performace of "Shake Your Body Down To The Ground"...... umph umph UMPH!!! lol

Good stuff.:cheeky:

I saw Michael Jackson's Bad Tour at Wembley in 1988. Those concerts sure were Michael Jackson at his peak as of his superhuman live singing and dancing powers. The whole time Michael spent in London was amazing. I have great memories of those Bad Tour concerts and waiting for Michael outside the Mayfair Hotel in 1988.

The whole of London was full of Michael Jackson Mainia, and this still seems very recent to me and I can't believe it will be 20yrs ago this July that I attended my first ever Michael Jackson concert at the age of 16yrs old.

In the UK there was a huge build up to Michael's concerts as soon as his European Tour started in Italy. The media were calling Michael, The Greatest Live Artist etc of all time. The world was knocked out pure his superhuman talent as a live singer and dancer, and I really mean the media as well as fans were in total awe of Michael's genius. I was expecting an to attend an amazing concert after seeing live footage of Michael's Bad Tour concerts in Rome, Italy. But nothing prepared me (or I guess every single fan) for how amazing Michael was live, because the Bad Tour was the first time Michael have toured Europe and outside the USA since 1979. After each Bad concert I went to I was in a complete daze, as Michael really did exceed expectations on the Bad Tour no matter how high you set them.

I love both the Dangerous and History concerts I attended, but neither come close to how amazing Michael was on the Bad Tour. The Bad Tour, at least in Europe (which had a different set design to the USA) is in my opinion the greatest tour of all time that no one will ever surpass.

how many shows did you see? aren't you the same Ben that caught Michael's fedora outside the hotel one day and later was featured in Number One magazine as "Fan Of The Week". his name was Ben too.

Yay, a thread on the Bad tour! I didn't go, but my aunt did, and I'm so jealous! XD She saw him in Los Angeles in 1989 on the last leg of the tour. Btw, does anyone have any info on the outfit MJ wore during the second leg of the tour? It's my fave outfit. ;)

how many shows did you see? aren't you the same Ben that caught Michael's fedora outside the hotel one day and later was featured in Number One magazine as "Fan Of The Week". his name was Ben too.

I saw 4 Bad concerts at Wembley Stadium. Last week on 16th July is was the 20th Anniversary of attending my first ever concert and first ever Michael Jackson. The memories of that Bad Tour summer of 1988 are still very strong, can't believe it's now 20yrs ago.

I wasn't lucky enough to catch Michael Fedora outside the Mayfair Hotel he was staying at. And I'm not the Ben who was featured in Number One magazine as "Fan Of The Week". Though I did win a limited edition Moonwalk sweatshirt and Moonwalker "Smooth Criminal" pose badge from Number One magazine in January 1989, I've never had my photo or profile featured in the magazine.

To this day, I always think about the Bad Tour. The Bad era at least in the UK (and I guess Europe) was far bigger and more exciting than the Thriller ear, and I became a fan during the Thriller era. The Bad era was the era that kids who became fans during the Thriller era were waiting for. It was the first time people in my age group had ever seen Michael on tour. I can't begin to explain who excited when I heard Michael was playing at Wembley Stadium when it was announced in November 1987.

Yay, a thread on the Bad tour! I didn't go, but my aunt did, and I'm so jealous! XD She saw him in Los Angeles in 1989 on the last leg of the tour. Btw, does anyone have any info on the outfit MJ wore during the second leg of the tour? It's my fave outfit. ;)

Most people class the 2nd leg of the Bad Tour from 1988-89, because the set list of the concert stayed the same, and it was a completely different show from the 1987 Japan and Australian leg of the tours as those 1987 concerts only had two songs from the Bad album.

The stage Michael used on both the 1988 and 89 legs of the Bad Tour concerts in USA were different to his European and Japan tours in 1988. Michael's costume was more a less the same from 1988-89. Though in the USA and the concerts in Italy Michael wore trousers with a lot of buckles on the leg. For the rest for the tour he wore trousers with only one buckle strap.

I'm not too sure, but I think Michael may have worn a red buckled shirt instead of the silver shirt on some of his Bad Tour USA concerts. I know he wore a white shirt when performing Man In The Mirror instead of the of the Bad video jacket or the Blue The Way You Make Me Feel shirt in 1989 from footage I have.

Last edited:
yeaah you are tottaly right beacsue wi have also noticed that! now i wanna see the man in the mirror in milton keynes aswell!!:D

The BAD TOUR! dosent even know where to start the best touur ever made by an human being, i mean, the clothes, the dance,the lightning, the SINGING! the way he improvised his lyrics live to make it sound nothing like the studio version, unbeliveble.. my favourite songs from the bad tour is, Wbss, smooth criminal, bad, TWYMMF, MITM, damn why not say the whole setlist:D but i have to say my all time favourite song on the bad tour is man in the mirror, i just got one word to describe it, BEAUTIFUL, its teh last song and the crowd lit upp their matches, and one spotlight is aimed at michael, and then the spins, the whole '' chaangeee'' unbeliveble beautiful!! just beautiful..

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Michael's energy level was at it's highest and most intense during the 1988 leg of the Bad Tour. As a live artist he was total perfection during the Bad Tour, WOW AMAZING !!!

Seeing Man in the Mirror from the Moonwalker DVD, as well as Dirty Diana from New York 1988 with Steve Stevens just demonstrates the crystal clear quality that is available from the Bad Tour 1988. Seeing MITM on the DVD makes you see new things and where the shots were taken.

Like the lighter intro was at the Parkstadion in Gelsenkirchen, you see crowd shots in Hannover, Leeds, Milton Keynes, Wembley, Werchter, Liverpool etc. So many wonderful concert venues!

I wish I was older in 1988 in order to see a concert of the BAD TOUR Michael's career was at his peak and the bad tour was his best, it's a shame we haven't an official dvd of the bad tour....

The person selling them has made a mistake, Michael never wore them on the Bad Tour. There is no such things as Bad Tour shoes, and photo of Michael from the Speed Demon video has Michael wearing boots what he wore on the Bad video.

The only shoes Michael wore on the Bad Tour were black loafers that he wore on the Victory, Bad, Dangerous and History Tour and almost every live performance since the Motown 25.

The "shoes" on sale are actually LA Gear trainers, endorsed by Michael Jackson in 1989 after the Bad Tour. The only time Michael were the trainers were in the LA Gear commercial were he wore a red shirt,

and at the LA Gear press conference http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qYBFioiS29s&NR=1,plus various advertising posters with children such as his niece Brandi (Jackie's daughter).

Today marks the 21st Anniversary of the start of the Bad Tour!

Wow, I remember reading all the reviews in the newspapers of the start of the Bad Tour. It still seems very recent, even though it's now 21yrs ago. But watch all of Michael's tours since 1984 his costumes and stage designs never date, which is way the Bad Tour always looks fresh.

Thought I would bump this Bad thread ;)
Thank you!:yes:

I wish I'd been old enough to know who he was and the tour, let alone go to see his shows. I mean, I think it's lucky just to indirectly exprience the whole thing at that time it was taking place, even though you didn't attend the shows.

Here's a '83 baby diggin the tour footages like crazy! I could go on and on about his charisma and professionalism. Ain't the tour title perfectly fits what he does on stage? ONE BAD ARTIST and ENTERTAINER...And the vibe....And he was beautiful!!! as he is now. I know I would fallen head over heals in love with him if I'd been teenager at that time. Even if I had been in that age group, I still wouldn't have had media to watch the tour, tho. No PC or cable TV back then. So, I'm doin my best to relive the times.

Wonderful thread!

Michael came to St. Louis, Missouri (near where I live) during the first leg of the 1988 tour. He came to the St. Louis Arena, which, sadly, was torn down in the late '90s. There's a book about the venue that includes a wide shot of the Bad Tour stage set up at the arena before the show. I recently saw Janet's concert in Kansas City, Missouri, and it reminded me of that photo. Man, that whole experience would've been incredible; too bad I wasn't even a year old yet!

I searched the archives of the St. Louis Post Dispatch and found several articles about his time in STL. He was sick at the time and one story interviews a local doctor who supposedly was called in to treat his illness. Fascinating stuff.

In one of the 2000 Watts threads about Bad Tour footage, someone posted something about venue video archives maybe having the footage from his concerts. Too bad the St. Louis Arena was demolished ... I wonder where all that stuff went.

Wonderful thread!

Michael came to St. Louis, Missouri (near where I live) during the first leg of the 1988 tour. He came to the St. Louis Arena, which, sadly, was torn down in the late '90s. There's a book about the venue that includes a wide shot of the Bad Tour stage set up at the arena before the show. I recently saw Janet's concert in Kansas City, Missouri, and it reminded me of that photo. Man, that whole experience would've been incredible; too bad I wasn't even a year old yet!

I searched the archives of the St. Louis Post Dispatch and found several articles about his time in STL. He was sick at the time and one story interviews a local doctor who supposedly was called in to treat his illness. Fascinating stuff.

In one of the 2000 Watts threads about Bad Tour footage, someone posted something about venue video archives maybe having the footage from his concerts. Too bad the St. Louis Arena was demolished ... I wonder where all that stuff went.

Interesting post. Thanks for sharing.

i remember it like it was yesterday...it was 1989 and we had just got our tickets to the LA Show. Front row baby!!
i remember the atmosphere was like no other! the crowd and the noise was amazing. seeing michael emerge was just ahhhhhhhhhh! and the rumbling of wbss filled the arena and shook it down! michael flashed a wink/smile just b4 his arm shot out and the beat started. i was jumping like crazy singing the words. as we moved thru-out the songs i was getting more and more anxious to see michaels next move, during shes out of my life the girl 2 seats away from me was called on stage and she trembled and shook like crazy! it was so funny and cute the way michael affected her gently caressing her shoulder b4 wrapping her into a hug. the crowds pitch rose even higher. as the show progressed the magic grew stronger. when that billie jean beat broke all hell broke loose,as michael slided and glided across that shiny shimmery sleek stage. we moved forward with the show and when i heard michael go into man in the mirror (my all time fav mj song/song ever) i nearly fainted. the crisp white shirt was pure magic...it glowed while on michael. with each spin kick and dropped to the knees i was mesmerized. he reached his hand out to the audience and i swear i tocuhed it it was sooooooooo magical...

but if only it were true lol

Last edited:
Thought I would bump this thread.

This current time of Michaelmania reminds me of those crowds in Japan 1987 screaming for Michael! We are in another chapter, folks!

Back