Votes: 47 34.1%
  • No

Votes: 60 43.5%
  • Unsure

Votes: 31 22.5%

• Total voters

Ben

Proud Member
I see what you mean Elusive, but to me, as much as I love those kid, and I would love seeing them grow up, like a lot of you guys, I have to remember they are not mine. They are individuals. Most of the pictures you'll get will be a moment of their private life, stolen by someone who has been spying on them. One fan going to TMZ to get a pic for hundreds still is saying our desire to see them is more important than the respect we have for them, and their privacy. Of course, one site not posting the pictures might not change the harassment that's taking place. But even here, it's all about the one in the mirror. We can't, as fans, criticize the media for the way they act, and take advantage of it when it suits us. To me, it's dishonest. I respect everybody's opinion on this, and I am positive there would never be any disrespectful comments on the pictures. Again, I totally understand the affection you have for those children, believe me, I share it. But sometimes, the best way to show your love to someone is to back off and let them be. Like Just4Mike61 said, remember Lyndsay Lohan, Britney Spears...

qbee

Proud Member
I think we should study this furthere before we make any decisison

If by any chance in the future this is allowed on the board
I suggest we put the pics in a private forum like 2000 watts.
so media and gawkers dont have access.

I also suggest we check out other forums that have allowed this
to see what the tone and focus is concerning pics of the children
before we make a descision. Can it be done appropriatley and
with respect.

view the discussions we have already here about the children
and see what the tone is on those threads toward the children.
We also need to have specific enforced rules in place regarding
discussion about them .

We dont want to have regrets.

Last edited:

TheChosenOne

Proud Member
But we are still talking about seeing things that we really do not have the right to see.

No matter where we view these pictures and whatever restrictions we impose - we are still violating their privacy.

My question is - is this about us or this is about what is best for Michael's children?

Ben

Proud Member
I agree with TheChosenOne. And what would be the point of having a private forum for pictures that come from the media anyway? WE would already be using tabloids to get them.

Diplomate

Proud Member
This is why I think we should be allowed to post pictures of them here.

1 person views on TMZ and posts on MJJC for hundreds to see. - Some money for TMZ.
Hundreds view on TMZ. - A lot of money for TMZ.

By posting pictures of them here, we are not feeding the tabloids. Yes we may be getting the pictures from tabloids and paparazzi, but we are giving them a lot less money.

But why? These kids are not actors, musicians or singers! Just kids. MJ kids or not, who want to know their life ?

I wish them the best for their life, hope for them not in the Hollywood world, but a normal life. I don't want to see their new clothes, new hair cut, if they are skinny or obese or normal weight.

Who cares ?

I'm a fan of Michael Jackson, these kids, I don't know them. I know them by Mike, but I don't want to follow these kids.

You want an example of what will happen if you post pictures in this forum ? It will be like that :

- Wowwwwwwwwww they are beautiful!
- Wowwwwwwww Blanket is really 100% MJ
- Ah it's sad that Prince is doing this, it will better if he does thing
- Paris is a beautiful girl!
- But Paris will be better like this I'm sure!
- No but look at Blanket, this boy is the son of his father, a MJ copy, yeaaaaaaah!
- Oh god, the hair cut of Prince is strange, what's happen with his hair ? Doesn't look nice man!
- Ah Paris got a boyfriend, yeaaaaaaaaah!
- Wowwwwwww amazing how Blanket is just like MJ!
- They shouldn't do this, it's not good for them!
- It's their life, everybody make mistakes during teenage.
- I just see Mike when I look at Blanket.
- No really it was not nice at all what you said about Prince, it's not his fault!
- Maybe Paris will do that too.
- No they are MJ kids so they will be good!
- Me I prefer Paris!
- Me it's Blanket, he's so much like Mike!

Etc.......

And who care ? We don't care about their life. We want them happy in their life, like all kids in the world, like the kids in our family, but to speak about them, on internet, no, it's not our job.

Fan of Mike, that's it. His kids are his kids, and I don't want to see them on a MJ borad, it's not their board, it's not their place.

Ben

Proud Member
That's a good point too. As kids, the only thing we would discuss would be their private life. Which, when you think of it, is none of our business. Is there any parent out there who would accept perfect strangers to discuss their children's daily life?? It doesnt matter who their dad is, they are children!

TheChosenOne

Proud Member
Exactly Ben971 - we would just be cutting out the middleman. The source would remain the same.

Ben

Proud Member
Exactly. To me, the first question is : do we agree with those pictures being taken in the first place?

The only middle ground I can think of is reducing the posting to pictures of official events, like the Grammy Awards. This way, they would be pictures that havent been stolen, that dont show their private life, and that we agree on not downloading from tabloid sites.

ivy

Proud Member
I'm torn on this subject and here's why

- Michael wouldn't keep his children veiled forever but the problem is we don't know when. When would for Michael it would be okay for his children in public? 14-15-16 or 18? I mean eventually the time will come that we will lift this rule, the question is when.

- Our choice would do no difference in regards to whether paps following them. even if we keep the ban, there are a lot of people on the world that are curious about them so the paparazzi would take photos.

although the above 2 points seem "for" the allowing on the pictures I also do not want this to be a extreme invasion of privacy either. I mean could we establish strict rules and stick with them? Such as can we allow pictures but make sure any negative comment is a definite no-no? Can we make sure that no discussion about their private life is allowed ?

As I said I'm torn. I'm kinda okay if we allow the pictures but keep it as a safe heaven with not allowing any negative comments but if we can't do it then no perhaps it's too early and we need to wait till you become adults.

Diplomate

Proud Member
But it's not about masks or no masks.

They are kids of our idol, so why we must see them here ? It's not their board! It's not because they are the MJ kids, that we must follow them.

Even when they will be 25 or 30, I will not be interested about them. I'm a fan of Mike, Not his kids.

StaceyMJ

Proud Member
I vote no. Just because other media/fansites can't and won't respect michaels wishes does not mean we shouldn't. When they come of age then yes let's do what they are comfortable with. Until then let's not go against his wishes. It's all we have left...

I feel really quite strongly about this.

E

ExoticPrincess

The kids seem happy enough being out in public. In a lot of pictures you see them smiling at the cameras and giving the peace sign (especially Paris), so I really don't think it bothers them at all.

The thing is, we never gave it a second thought viewing paparazzi pics of Michael while he was alive, even though it wasn't necessarily what Michael would have wanted. This included pictures of him with his children wearing the masks. If it was okay to post those pictures back then, then why not the pictures of them now??

You do have a point there....

I myself am unsure.....most of us did'nt seem to have an issue with these same paparazzi shots being posted of them with Michael especially in early 2009 when we were getting pics every other day of them out and about with MJ. Why was it okay then? The word privacy is used but at the same time its some family members who are speaking to the media about them freely, arranging photo/camera opportunities that will only push the interest in them. Would Michael have approved of that?

This is a question that we really need to think about carefully before making a decision. I want them to have the childhood that Michael envisioned for them, but I'm afraid that now that he's not here, what Michael wanted for them may not be the priority for some.

Last edited:

blankyluvdoodoo

Proud Member
i don't think people will stop visiting tmz or any other tabloid site .because if u really want to see pics just join fan site which are created for his kids and check out pics,tmz or any other media outlet is not problem.when we started putting news from tmz to minimize their hits ,what happened there same thing ,people will still visit that site because i clearly saw reporting news from tmz didn't work that good.in my opinion this is not going to reduce the impact ,when we allow pics here be sure that all tabloids will be knowing about it ,so they know we are interested and more paparazzi frenzy will begin ,right know that know only kid fans are interested ,but adult begin to do same thing ,paparazzi will take it to another level.
if u can't hold ur self back just go their fan site and pics but don't start this frenzy on mjj board.

magiktori

Proud Member
But why? These kids are not actors, musicians or singers! Just kids. MJ kids or not, who want to know their life ?

I wish them the best for their life, hope for them not in the Hollywood world, but a normal life. I don't want to see their new clothes, new hair cut, if they are skinny or obese or normal weight.

Who cares ?

I'm a fan of Michael Jackson, these kids, I don't know them. I know them by Mike, but I don't want to follow these kids.

You want an example of what will happen if you post pictures in this forum ? It will be like that :

- Wowwwwwwwwww they are beautiful!
- Wowwwwwwww Blanket is really 100% MJ
- Ah it's sad that Prince is doing this, it will better if he does thing
- Paris is a beautiful girl!
- But Paris will be better like this I'm sure!
- No but look at Blanket, this boy is the son of his father, a MJ copy, yeaaaaaaah!
- Oh god, the hair cut of Prince is strange, what's happen with his hair ? Doesn't look nice man!
- Ah Paris got a boyfriend, yeaaaaaaaaah!
- Wowwwwwww amazing how Blanket is just like MJ!
- They shouldn't do this, it's not good for them!
- It's their life, everybody make mistakes during teenage.
- I just see Mike when I look at Blanket.
- No really it was not nice at all what you said about Prince, it's not his fault!
- Maybe Paris will do that too.
- No they are MJ kids so they will be good!
- Me I prefer Paris!
- Me it's Blanket, he's so much like Mike!

Etc.......

And who care ? We don't care about their life. We want them happy in their life, like all kids in the world, like the kids in our family, but to speak about them, on internet, no, it's not our job.

Fan of Mike, that's it. His kids are his kids, and I don't want to see them on a MJ borad, it's not their board, it's not their place.
thats what 2300 is for but i tend to agree.

StaceyMJ

Proud Member
Were pictures of mike's kids ever allowed here? I don't think they were at all. They were always removed unless they were wearing the masks. That was to see MJ not to gawp at the kids. Now MJ is removed from the situation why do we then need these pics of the kids still? To me its ridiculous to even be having this conversation but alas times change. I can understand that. I'm just not sure of my personal future with this board if we become comfortable with discussing michaels children that he so dearly and belovedly protected for all those years and a mere 2 years after he's left all of that has gone out of the window and beyond. My loyalties are with Michael and to me this rule change would betray that.

I'd like to know what is so wrong with the policy we have now. Public appearances are ok but pap pics and unauthorized photos aren't allowed. Why fix what isn't even broken? Start allowing photos that Paris takes on ichat etc and its a real slippery slope.

Ben

Proud Member
Were pictures of mike's kids ever allowed here? I don't think they were at all. They were always removed unless they were wearing the masks. That was to see MJ not to gawp at the kids. Now MJ is removed from the situation why do we then need these pics of the kids still? To me its ridiculous to even be having this conversation but alas times change. I can understand that. I'm just not sure of my personal future with this board if we become comfortable with discussing michaels children that he so dearly and belovedly protected for all those years and a mere 2 years after he's left all of that has gone out of the window and beyond. My loyalties are with Michael and to me this rule change would betray that.

I'd like to know what is so wrong with the policy we have now. Public appearances are ok but pap pics and unauthorized photos aren't allowed. Why fix what isn't even broken? Start allowing photos that Paris takes on ichat etc and its a real slippery slope.

My feelings exactly.

MIST

Proud Member
Who is to blame if the children can´t cope with the situation in the future?
Tabloids? paparazzis?or maybe those who feed tabloids and paparazzis?

twinklEE

Proud Member

Exactly, whatever happened to the official pics rule? a part from the official pics I do not need to discuss them or drool over pap pics, b/c there is nothing or no one to drool over (MJ) anymore.

cinzia

Proud Member

Well said and completely agree...
There is nothing wrong with the present policy. And that's the way it should stay.
When their pictures appeared before, it was in the context of Michael, ie., with him. Not as stand alones.

Even having this discussion here is starting to open up some issues, like invasion of privacy, supporting the tabloids, betraying Michael's wishes...

The idea of having pictures in a separate forum sounds nice until you realize that any member will be able to access it, eventually and how on earth will any discussions be moderated without causing hate and discontent all over the place? I think something like this, more than anything else, would have the capability of fracturing mjjc.
And it is not necessary.

One thing I find interesting is how few members here have actually voted on this poll. Why is that? Do most not care? Or haven't made up their minds? Or what? Or should the poll be rewritten to give the option of official pictures vs ALL pictures... Perhaps since overall so few seem interested based on votes, policy should remain the way it is. One thing for sure, 113 voters (out of how many active members here) don't seem like enough to consider changing policy.

knigofpop

Proud Member
Wow... some people have some really great opinions here! Although my opinions are yet to be decided... I really don't know how I feel about it all, it's great to read some wonderfully passionate opinions!

Poll closed.

The members have spoken MJJC has listened.

There will be no rule changes here at MJJC.

If you wish to seek pap pictures TMZ or any other fan club that allows such is your destination.

Thank you for your feedback.