The Jacksons - A Family Dynasty (Live TV Stream)~ ALL POSTS GO HERE!

Re: The Jacksons - A Family Dynasty (Live TV Stream)

I thought the show was okay. I have respect for them because they are Michael's brothers, and I know it was very hard for them to lose him. But The Jackson Five was only as successful as they were because of Michael, and Michael himself tried to distance himself from them.
He always loved them as his brothers, but he wanted to do his own thing, and obviously he succeeded. The other brothers have never had a successful career, so I wish them luck with that now. I hope they don't think it will be the same without Michael though because it won't be.
Even when people talk about them, they are pretty much known as "Michael's brothers", lol.

The part with Jermaine getting all upset and claiming that he stayed with Motown out of "loyalty" about had me laughing. Right, and they had never discussed this ever before, until the cameras were on for their TV show? No, I'm sure they approached him many times about it before that.

It does seem like Jermaine shoe hone that in and the other brothers kind of went along with it. Although, it is still a topic that is still upsetting since they keep mentioning it themselves.

Also, Jacky's reaction seems very real to me. Especially when he was talking about how upset Michael was and how he was a mess after the break-up. I was almost near tears when Jacky was talking having to hold Michael to calm him down after Jermaine. That shows how close the two were in past. Then again, Michael had similar breakdowns when all the brothers left him after they got married.

Although, I was wondering why the heck was Marlon of all people singing Jermaine's parts. Apart from Michael, Marlon is the best dancing but he is one of the worst vocally, in my opinion. Couldn't Jacky or Randy take his place? Doesn't make much sense to me.

Its obvious that Jermaine delusional and harbors a lot of jealousy inside him.
Jackie is so sensitive he comes across as the most genuine out of all of them.

I really enjoyed it. It gives a sense of who is who and how each of their personalities work. For example, you can tell Jermaine is hesitant to do the reunion, ( even thought he'll deny it I think) but he still wants to be a part of the magic. Understandable.

Tito is in charge, the man means business. No denying that. He wants things to work and people to get to work. He's got that 'take charge additude' liek Joe. The man knows what work is and isn't afraid to get a final result. Love seeing him trying to inspire his sons to get back to recording too... yet they're right, it IS hard, and we're not even family, they are so...

Love Jackie, he's so sweet, quiet-voiced yet wants his opinion to be heard. His daughter is sweet too, another strong woman in the family.

Marlon, what can I say. Sweeter than sweet. You can tell he wants to be a part of everything yet still retain his privacy. Bless him.

Katherine, such a strong woamn, love her and admire her strength. Siggy, so full of passion. Loved seeing all the family.

Overall, I think it was very well done. I had a real hard time watching the footage of Michael, esp when Jackie was on, tears just fell. Yet this show gives you some hope ya know, all is not lost. Michael is watching us all carry on his legacy and bring a little bit of our own legacy as well.

When you're feeling empty, the loss is too great, this show helps to fill that void....even if it's just a little bit. Never give-up hope I guess.

seriously guys! what's with the attitude towards jermaine? I think ya'll need to chill it with the dissing. He just said that j5 helped launch the careers of mj and janet, what's wrong with that? it's completely true! MJ learned a great deal from those years and he took those lessons with him to become an even greater solo artist.
In any case, I'd think twice before dissing any of the Jackson family.

I liked the part were Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis said "The only problem that we have now is that we dont have Michael.. its was the Jackson 5 not the Jackson 4"

WOW. What a trainwreck this thread turned into. With love again... are all of the younger fans (as well as many others as well) who know little or absolutely nothing about the journey that the J5 went through trying to tell everyone here that Michael didn't learn a damn thing about this business while he was with the group? He did what almost all "Visionaries" and "Dreamers" do. He took every little thing that he learned those 7 or so years he was with The J5, and he used it to become the "Savvy Super-Pop Star" he ultimately became. It's called character-building and GROWING.

Every stage of your life leads you to the next stage... then the next... then the next... and it NEVER stops. There's no doubt in my mind that Michael was definitely the most passionate and driven out of all of the brothers. You can have all the talent in the world, but if you don't have the passion, the drive, the motivation, and the hunger to do anything with your knowledge and your gifts--you're NOTHING.

I agree that many of the fans really need to be a little less close-minded about all of this, and educate yourselves a little bit before saying such harsh things about Michael's family. So disappointing. Heh.

I'm 21 and I love the J5. MJ is a part of them and they are a part of him - a lot of my favourite MJ songs are J5 songs. I agree with what you said about MJ learning a hell of a lot from the time he was in the group, he learnt his craft in all those years together...all the training before they were signed and playing in all those clubs as well as the years after they became successful. Those times made him who he was as an artist and a person. MJ acknowledges it in his own book, he'd never deny that. Experience moulds you into who you are. Of course MJ was something amazingly special which set him apart from them, thats why he went on to have incredible solo success!

I just seen some stats in this thread wow - I can not believe Blame It On The Boogie and Can You Feel It were so low in the US.

Anyhow.. I need to watch this program somehow..if I can't watch it online guess I'll have to download even though it takes forever!

Oh and I think I'd find it somewhat disrespectful if they changed their name to the Jackson 4. As people say, MJ was a big part of the group, cutting him out of the name like that wouldn't seem right, whether he's still here or not. I think there would be complaints from people if that happened.

Last edited:

WTH happened to this thread? :mello: Stay on topic please...

Is this on YT yet? Sounds quite good, would like to see it!

Hi guys, is there the possibility to watch online this reality? I don't want to download it :( can you help me please??

Jackie is so soft spoken, shy I really like that about him, I saw REAL emotions comng from him, when he spoke about Michael. I like brandi too she was so cute as a lil kid in Mikes videos and commercials and she has grown to a pretty young lady. I believe she is 27 now if Im not mistaken she is so pretty!!

if they were they would have made real careers for themselves off the success of the group.jerm has a good soul voice but took the wrong options.

anyway re the comment. funny how reverse racism seems to be ok.

To be fair, they are talented outside of being performance artists. If they all concentrated on being producers or even song writers, they could of been successful. Marlon could of actually been a great choreographer.

Although, from what I have seen of the show, none of the brothers really seem that ambitious, except Jermaine. The others seems to be perfectly happy just being one of the Jackson 5 and only branch out on a whim.

Jermaine seems to be on the one with big dreams, but not the talent to meet them.

Jackie is so soft spoken, shy I really like that about him, I saw REAL emotions comng from him, when he spoke about Michael. I like brandi too she was so cute as a lil kid in Mikes videos and commercials and she has grown to a pretty young lady. I believe she is 27 now if Im not mistaken she is so pretty!!

I love Jackie a LOT....He reminds me so much of Michael. His voice...WOW.

He is so genuine...He made me cry last night. I will watch the show because I really connected with Jackie.

I hope he does soemthing on his own soon, because I will NEVER spend a dime on anything Jermaine does.

Hi guys, is there the possibility to watch online this reality? I don't want to download it :( can you help me please??

I know..

I'm interested in watching this. Can't say I love Jermaine, and from what I'm reading it seems like its the Jermaine Jackson show.. but I am interested to watch the show and judge for myself. Tito, Marlon and Jackie I don't have reason to dislike in any way. I especially like Jackie, he has a really sweet nature, he made me cry when he talked about MJ at the TII premiere.

It will take ages for me to download this, but thats the only way I guess. Thank you to the people who made the download links.

maybe. but we wont ever know as they never really went down that path. imo if it were there on a big level they would have gone down that route and being wanted as songwriters etc.

Please read my whole post. I said:

Although, from what I have seen of the show, none of the brothers really seem that ambitious, except Jermaine. The others seems to be perfectly happy just being one of the Jackson 5 and only branch out on a whim.

Jermaine seems to be the only one with big dreams, but not the talent to meet them.

The other brothers simply do not have the drive. They seem to do projects more on a whim and not that serious about their careers. They seem happy just being the J5 with some side project and that is cool.

Jermaine needs a reality check, however. I kind of went back and forward with him since I did actually like him on Larry King during the time of Michael's death and how he did defend Michael when he was called an addict. Now, he does seems like a jerk. He almost comes across as kind of a villain against his brothers.

I love Jackie a LOT....He reminds me so much of Michael. His voice...WOW.

He is so genuine...He made me cry last night. I will watch the show because I really connected with Jackie.

I hope he does soemthing on his own soon, because I will NEVER spend a dime on anything Jermaine does.
Same here, I aint gonna support a lot of them due to their actions, I hope Jackie does come up with something of his own tho, I wouldnt mind supporting him.

Last edited:

Are there gonna be any more episodes?

There were a couple of corny parts that felt a little bit "acted" - but it was interesting overall.

Are there gonna be any more episodes?

There were a couple of corny parts that felt a little bit "acted" - but it was interesting overall.
4 more, if it works out probably more if not goodbye and (g*** r******* ):ph34r:

Can somebody please please PLEASE upload the full episodes on Youtube? I've tried downloading but RealPlayer is giving me a hard time. :glare:

I thought the show was ok, The brothers seem down to earth, But JERMAINE.......I can't Stomach Jermaine. He swore he was dropping some major vocals on that one track, The beat was hot, but his voice was GARBAGE. Jermaine is bitter. and GREASY as always.

Okay, I do feel I have to speak on this. I've been a fan for most of my life. The first time I saw the J5 perform was on the Ed Sullivan show when it first aired on my old black and white TV. It is true that all of the brothers are talented and that each one brought something special to the group. But they would NEVER have made it big without Michael. Without him, they would have been good but they would NEVER have been great. Michael always had a star power and charisma that couldn't be matched or denied. When watching the group perform, he was ALWAYS the one who drew the eye and kept it. He is unique.

It is true that each brother had many fans. Jermaine at the time was very hot and had a huge following - which had a lot to do with his age and his looks. All of the Jacksons were loved for what they brought to the group. But none of them would have gotten where they were without Michael.

In his solo concerts, Michael always had a J5 medley and it was always wonderful. He had no problem recreating those hits and the wonder of them. The Jacksons will never be able to do the same. If they could have, then why did they never tour WITHOUT him while he was alive????

I have watched these episodes and find them interesting. But I don't see how they are going to put out an album without Michael. I guess if they do it will sell just because of the name, but without Michael, the J5 sound is gone forever.

great post..my thoughts exactly!!..:clapping::clapping:

Please can someone send me a link.. I was too exhausted..I missed it.. :( Please I really wanna watch the show!!

I thought the show was ok, The brothers seem down to earth, But JERMAINE.......I can't Stomach Jermaine. He swore he was dropping some major vocals on that one track, The beat was hot, but his voice was GARBAGE. Jermaine is bitter. and GREASY as always.

:lmao:....you speak the truth!!!....Blah...Jermaine had a couple of good song back in the ay but....what he tried to do on that show last night....eewww....:bugeyed:

I.I can't Stomach Jermaine. He swore he was dropping some major vocals on that one track, The beat was hot, but his voice was GARBAGE. Jermaine is bitter. and GREASY as always.
LMAO!! ON spot! I share ur sentiments!!

About the Show...

I wasn't going to watch this last night. But flipped back and forth between this and another show. They are scheduled for 5 episodes only. The show seemed a little stilted to me. For guys who have been on TV and on stage, I expected a little more personality. That being said, I did really like Tito, Jackie and Marlon. They seem like they would be cool to hang out with. As far as Jermaine, I thought his lack of respect for his brothers was awful. But I haven't had a very good opinion of Jermaine for years. It looks like that selfish "all about me" attitude has resurfaced again. Instead of being one with his brothers, Jermaine is focusing on a solo career. If he didn't want to put his full committment into the show, then he never should have agreed to do it. He made himself look bad and his brothers. This will only work out if all 5 brothers agree to work together. Of course, we all know the huge void of Michael being gone can never be filled. But I still think the brothers could pull off a successful concert. Maybe Randy will eventually agree to be a part of this.

Was it just me or did the relationship between Jermaine and his wife seem a little awkward?

ROFL@ALLLLLL the twitter comments about Jermaine here is only SOME.

NeRicha So...Question. Who caught the Jackson's last night?? Damn, Jermaine got the best perm i've ever seen.."fried, dyed, and laid to the side"

coffyx @EbonyStarr55 jermaine jackson is a mess. his hair looks like it's molded with tar. shit looks fake like plastic barbie hair. 24 minutes ago from TweetDeck

RichJ_BE I think Jermaine Jackson's hair is the real reason we went to war for oil...he goes through a barrel a day...ol threat to the economy ass about 1 hour ago from TwiXtrem

AmproGel RT @SuiteB: If I ever see Jermaine Jackson I will slap him then wash all that @AmproGel out his head

sonia4292 @WrightRo jermaine jackson does his hair with a sharpie marker lmao about 2 hours ago from web

deliciousskin jermaine Jackson could use some of delicious skin's goatsmilk facial wash. his skin is jacked up! caught the show and he is whoa!

AuggyBee RT @InsouciantLeigh I'm convinced that Jermaine Jackson's hair is acrylic paint on the sides with turf on top sprayed black. (YESSSS LOL) about 3 hours ago from web

RoyceDaSix5 RT @ItsNerri: Wow, jermaine jackson really does look like Capt. Planet !

Originally Posted by Lacey
Okay, I do feel I have to speak on this. I've been a fan for most of my life. The first time I saw the J5 perform was on the Ed Sullivan show when it first aired on my old black and white TV. It is true that all of the brothers are talented and that each one brought something special to the group. But they would NEVER have made it big without Michael. Without him, they would have been good but they would NEVER have been great. Michael always had a star power and charisma that couldn't be matched or denied. When watching the group perform, he was ALWAYS the one who drew the eye and kept it. He is unique.

It is true that each brother had many fans. Jermaine at the time was very hot and had a huge following - which had a lot to do with his age and his looks. All of the Jacksons were loved for what they brought to the group. But none of them would have gotten where they were without Michael.

In his solo concerts, Michael always had a J5 medley and it was always wonderful. He had no problem recreating those hits and the wonder of them. The Jacksons will never be able to do the same. If they could have, then why did they never tour WITHOUT him while he was alive????

I have watched these episodes and find them interesting. But I don't see how they are going to put out an album without Michael. I guess if they do it will sell just because of the name, but without Michael, the J5 sound is gone forever.

Thank you, it seems that there are a few people who speak the truth and don't pretend to love the Jacksons and Michael equally! Michael is a team of his own and they just can't reach him.

I wonder why Randy didn't want to be in the documentary - he maybe felt it was too much of a pr-stunt?

I wanna see more from 3T though - Taryll has written some really nice songs.
He co-wrote "Change Me" for Ruben Studdard.

I'm also trying to figure out Taj's connection with Lionel Richie's song "Think of You".
Taj's version leaked first, then Lionel Richie had his own version on his album that was released earlier this year.
But the confusions lies in that it was Ne-yo who wrote it o_O

Never mind, I'm getting too off topic up in here :lol:

Jermaine is bitter. and GREASY as always.

Hehe, his hair is even worse, makes you wanna wipe off the grease from the TV screen :lol:
I swear, when he sat in the restaurant - light was reflecting from the side of his head.
I ain't never seen that on hair - I mean, if you shave your head it's one thing, but he's reflecting from his HAIR :D

4 more, if it works out probably more if not goodbye and (g*** r******* ):ph34r:

Oh thanks - 2 episodes each week or just 1 episode each week from now?

Back