The Magic, the Madness, the Whole Story

Re: What do you all think about the book of J. Randy taraborelli, personally i hated it. the last on

You know what im just hearing Stupid Girl by Garbage now... use to love that little band...

Re: What do you all think about the book of J. Randy taraborelli, personally i hated it. the last on

Someone have mercy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! does anyone think that book is aweful as i do?

I didn't read the book because i heard everywhere that it's an awful book :')
you're not the only one..
By the way, i didn't even like the Michael Jackson Tapes.. I don't know why , it didn't make me feel very good. Maybe it's because i don't like Schmuley ,.. idk :)

^^thanks!!!!!!!!! want an advise???, dont buy it the taraboreli one, its a waste of money and time and is depressing and biassed.

and The Michael Jackson Tapes is 100 times better, that i can guarantee... yes the comments by the rabbi are idk, stupid in a way... but at least on TMJT IT IS Michael TALKING

Now those biographies, i mean they are fiction. They are.

I wouldn't bother reading Taraborelli's garbage. The first edition of the magic and madness was the best one, after that it all started to go downhill. And Taraborelli is extremely tabloid-like. He talks about things he couldn't possibly know. He can pretty much transcribe, word for word, private conversations between Michael and his friends. You would think his ass was a fly on the wall documenting every conversation, every word, even facial expressions and tones used. I don't know about the last edition, but the book the I have reads like a novel. So yeah, I'd probably recommend the Michael Jackson tapes over that. Just try to ignore Rabbi Shmuley's comments.

Last edited:

I wouldn't bother reading Taraborelli's garbage. The first edition of the magic and madness was the best one, after that it all started to go downhill. 1)And Taraborelli is extremely tabloid-like. He talks about things he couldn't possibly know. He can pretty much transcribe, word for word, private conversations between Michael and his friends. You would think his ass was a fly on the wall documenting every conversation, every word, even facial expressions and tones used. I don't know about the last edition, but the book the I have reads like a novel. So yeah, I'd probably recommend the Michael Jackson tapes over that. Just try to ignore Rabbi Shmuley's comments.
1) EXACTLY WHAT I SAID, i hate that man, he is mean and suuuuuuuuuuuuuper tabloid like extremely, and he is mean.... ugh, im gonna burn that stupid book.

I read the last edition its AWEFUL, ugh, dont buy it, its just like you said, its like reading a freaking novel, FICTION, pure fiction.

And yes, the Michael Jackson Tapes IS Michael Jackson speaking, if you ignore the rabbi, its good, is not a biography, i dont believe in biographies anyway.

Threads merged. :)
Thanks i didnt wanted to put the name of the book so i would not promote it, but, its all right.

that taraborelli needs to find a real job.....stupid

THE MICHAEL JACKSON TAPES are much sincere, of course cause is MICHAEL HIMSELF SPEAKING HAHA, stupid taraborelli, B*tch

Don't even get me started on this book. I have read several of the editions and I far as I'm concerned, it's garbage. It seems biased, downright mean, and seems like it's just out badmouth Michael and people he knows too. Makes me so mad!
It does not "seem" biased it IS BIASED!!!! is FICTION, its unbelievable, he's a real b*tch

Talking about the book is promoting it isn't it? :unsure: Pretty sure everyone here knows what you're talking about anyway.

It does not "seem" biased it IS BIASED!!!! is FICTION, its unbelievable, he's a real b*tch

Know what, you're right it is biased, I bought one edition of this book, I think the one with all the stuff about the 1993 stuff, and after reading that I threw it in the trash! So glad this thread is here.

Like your username btw! :)

Talking about the book is promoting it isn't it? :unsure: Pretty sure everyone here knows what you're talking about anyway.
no, is not promoting it is just saying the name of the book again and again, thats all, and i dont wanna say it in a bad way.
Why do i have the feeling that you think i was trying to diss you, let me tell you, is not against you, its against that freaking book.

Know what, you're right it is biased, I bought one edition of this book, I think the one with all the stuff about the 1993 stuff, and after reading that I threw it in the trash! So glad this thread is here.

Like your username btw! :)
ITS IS! and its TRASH!

:hi: and thanks about the username :flowers:

Yes, Randy only met Michael once and his book is PURE FICTION.

I read this the first time around, then the second (why did I go back for seconds???).

The guy comes across as Michael's best friend. He has a way of writing that smacks of fiction - I hate the way he talks about peoples facial expressions during conversations such as "he rolled his eyes in frustration".... how do you know Randy? Were you there? Oh no...course you weren't!

I believe he met Michael more than once and has certainly spoken with other members of the family but.... that man is still a twat!

Sorry, can't be doing with it!

Far better books out there in my opinion... apologies for major rant but you know what its like when someting ticks you off? :lol:

I read this the first time around, then the second (why did I go back for seconds???).

The guy comes across as Michael's best friend. He has a way of writing that smacks of fiction - I hate the way he talks about peoples facial expressions during conversations such as "he rolled his eyes in frustration".... how do you know Randy? Were you there? Oh no...course you weren't!

I believe he met Michael more than once and has certainly spoken with other members of the family but.... that man is still a twat!

Sorry, can't be doing with it!

Far better books out there in my opinion... apologies for major rant but you know what its like when someting ticks you off? :lol:

I know what it's like when something ticks you off. I am so glad these threads are here cause I could go on about this book for hours!

My take..

I don't understand..I think you guys have read a different book. I'm not sure which version I have but its not the very latest edition.

Now its been quite a few months since I read it but this book didn't seem that negative to me, and the guy seems to be on MJs side, he does not imply he is a pedo AT ALL so I don't know why people are saying that. He criticises Evan Chandler, does not support him. He gives some good information that people should know about 1993 and the background of the Arvizo family from 2005. He does say MJ has vitiligo and he talks nicely about MJ and Lisa's relationship, he tells various stories about Michael's charity work and kindness etc. one example is the story of that girl who couldn't afford tickets so mj sent her some for free and changed the ticket policy. He talks really nicely about Michael as far as I can remember.. so to say its pure fiction would be to discount all that..?

Also, sorry but he has met him more than once.

I understand when people say 'how could he know that?' I thought that too about some things. Of course he didn't witness everything in his life - he got his info from people who did witness some of these things, or who have been told about these things..he lists some of his sources in pages at the back of the book - they are people, and official documents, newspaper articles, people at police etc. He obviously elaborates on details like facial expressions etc. and probably makes some things up to keep the story flowing.

There are some questionable things and some inaccuracies, one which stood out majorly is he said Blanket was very fair and blond! errm no.

On the whole it is not a terrible book in my opinion, its a good read, you just need to take some areas with a pinch of salt. There is quite a lot of good in there IMO if I remember correctly. He definitely does not make Michael out to be a bad person or guilty of the accusations...so don't be scared of this book. I've used things mentioned in this book to defend Michael!

Guys, I read the entire "Whole Story" version. It's not as horrible as you are all making it seem. He sources all of his writing at the end of the book, and mentioned that he was kind of a dick towards Michael near the end of his life (he didn't like the way Michael would seemingly ignore people that helped him through tough times, Tarraborelli included), but regrets it now that he understands fully what he was going through.

The only thing that I could pick up on that was probably completely inaccurate were word-by-word conversations between Mike and his parents, Mike and Lisa Marie and others. Unless Lisa told people who told JRT, there's no way he knew word for word what they were saying.

All in all, I recommend this book. THERE IS SOME CRITICISM TOWARDS MJ. If you can't handle it, then this isn't the book for you. But as we all know, Mike was human. Everyone makes mistakes, and some of the criticism is just. However, there was absolutely no instance in which JRT implies that Michael did any of those atrocious crimes. In fact, he believes that he didn't do them, but questions the settlement at the end of the first trial. Not because he thinks MJ is a criminal, but because he felt that people would THINK MJ did the crimes. Which, unfortunately, I have to agree. The main "argument" I get from MJ haters is "HE PAID THAT FIRST KID, OBVIOUSLY HE DID IT DERP DE DERP".

So, again, I think it was a good read. At the very least, it gives a great look at what went on during Mike's life before the trials. All the criticism of this book seems to take place once the molestation chapter starts...

As for the whole writing from Evan's perspective thing... I didn't notice it. JRT seems to be on MJs side the entire time. He states the story a bunch of times from both perspectives. For example, when Evan and Jordie met with Michael to tell him that they were going to press charges against him, the book says a body guard saw the entire thing and said that Mike was in complete shock, was shaking his head and kept saying "Oh my God. Oh my God." He then brings up Evan's recollection of the meeting, which stated that after Evan claimed to have proof of MJ sexually assaulting his kid, Mike responded "with a cold, mocking smile that you often see on the face of criminals who proclaim their innocence even in the face of irrefutable proof of their guilt."

LMAO. Give me a fucking break. If that was Evan's recollection of the events, and the entire book only contained Evan's recollection, I think I'd notice. It's not a bad book guys. If you want me to pick out some quotes on certain events/moments of Mike's life, just post and you can make your own decision.

I tend to agree with you.

I am no expert on MJ but I myself found quite a few inconsistencies while reading this enormous book. I wish I had taken notes because I forgot them all but the one that stands out for me is that the author barely mentions Brooke Shields and when he does he makes it seem as if Michael didn't want to go with her to the Grammys and that she was merely an annoying pest following along. But in various interviews MJ speaks very highly of Brooke and even professes his love for her in the Shmuley book. Just one example.

He got that from LaToya. Thats what LaToya says, also according to her Janet didn't like Brooke apparently.

Last edited:
My take..

I don't understand..I think you guys have read a different book. I'm not sure which version I have but its not the very latest edition.

Now its been quite a few months since I read it but this book didn't seem that negative to me, and the guy seems to be on MJs side, he does not imply he is a pedo AT ALL so I don't know why people are saying that. He criticises Evan Chandler, does not support him. He gives some good information that people should know about 1993 and the background of the Arvizo family from 2005. He does say MJ has vitiligo and he talks nicely about MJ and Lisa's relationship, he tells various stories about Michael's charity work and kindness etc. one example is the story of that girl who couldn't afford tickets so mj sent her some for free and changed the ticket policy. He talks really nicely about Michael as far as I can remember.. so to say its pure fiction would be to discount all that..?
Yes, and at some point of the book it says that Michael has interviewed several times for the magazine "Jet" (revised for black artists) why it worked for this magazine and they met in the 70's. So for that reason I see that he was a person privileged to have had the opportunity to be so close to Michael many times and have achieved all this informations.

Edit.....

Michael and Randy Taraborrelli in the 70's.

article-1196188-05854B07000005DC-171_468x554.jpg

Last edited:
Ummmm he is biased, i read the last edition only, it sucked, and he says things like, he would describe situations and facial expressions since he was not there...., thats too much, he only met Michael a couple of times.... PURE FICTION

I heard he is writing a new edition. Someone quoted his status on Facebook:

I was meeting with some top level MJ people this morning while my Facebook page was under siege. So, thanks for your help there. The MJ update is coming along well. There'll be a lot about his career that I think you may not ...know and some good detail relating to Lisa Marie, Diana Ross, the brothers... the will controversy... some (hopefully not too boring) Sony stuff... not a lot on Conrad Murray, though - I'm just not that interested in it until it goes to trial. Right now it's just a bunch of speculation, besides the obvious and clear fact that he's a quack who should have never been practicing. I'll probably cover the trial -- much to my dismay -- and will return to the subject then. Meanwhile, there'll be more of an explanation on the nightmare of Vitiligo and Lupus and a fuller explanation of what was going on there for MJ and how he dealt with it all, how tough that was for him. I have taken all of your suggestions of recent weeks and done my best with them... so we'll see how it all turns out. It'll be my pleasure to debunk some of the Ian Halperin nonsense about MJ's sexuality, too. (Ooops! Did I say that! :) Oh, and there'll be some - not a lot -- about "This Is It" (I think it's all been said, but I do have a few nuggets that will make you happy).Okay... thanks again and onward - your friend, J. Randy

And something from a conversation he had with someone on his FB:

_____ wrote: Can't wait for the update! Of course, I will have to probably clear off another whole section on my shelf, don't I? I am awaiting the info re how MJ dealt with lupus and viteligo with baited breath. Also, I hope there will be clarification what happened in the late 90s that seemed to make Lisa Marie and MJ go from - lets say the Ivy pictures to her angry comments on all those talkshows.
Let is know if you will do a book signing in the DC area- I will be there!

J. Randy Taraborrelli :Yes you'll be surprised at what happened, and I didn't know about it until ...today, actually! She still loves him, though. But as well as falling out over his wanting children, they had a falling out over something else, which I'll get into for the first time in the new book. They settled it all out, though, and it all ended well for the two of them. But it was touch and go there for a while.

I heard he is writing a new edition. Someone quoted his status on Facebook:

QUOTE]
another new edition???? well, may be he got the right information now, and yes, ian Halperin is a B*tch...

I would like to read about Michael and how he felt with the whole vitilgo and lupus, poor Mike, i now remember i pic in his final part of life, Michael had some weird things on his face, in that pic i felt something weird was really happening to his skin... i will never forget that picture, it was just days after the Press conference for the This Is It concerts...

Last edited:
Well, Michael tells his friend in the secret phoneconversation that is taped " read the taborelli book if you want to find out things about me". If Michael himsels says that.....

this book was the pure trash. someone in Michael's camp said Michael told them he never know this guy. Take one picture with someone, then called himself his best friend, I think his quality and credibility were shown out.

Last edited:
I am no expert on MJ but I myself found quite a few inconsistencies while reading this enormous book. I wish I had taken notes because I forgot them all but the one that stands out for me is that the author barely mentions Brooke Shields and when he does he makes it seem as if Michael didn't want to go with her to the Grammys and that she was merely an annoying pest following along. But in various interviews MJ speaks very highly of Brooke and even professes his love for her in the Shmuley book. Just one example.

Still, I'm glad I read it.

There is nothing strange about it imo. In Shmuley book MJ speaks in PAST tense saying that Brook WAS love of his life. Maybe by the time when this Grammys took a place 9what year?) she was no longer a woman he loved. Michael was not that stable guy in his love preferences.:) Why would he say in Shmuley book something bad about Brook Shields if he really loved he for some period of time? He probably loved LMP for a few months and YANA girls for a few moments on stage. Let say MJ loved many women including his fans.:)

Back