The Music of Janet Damita Jo (Janet appreciation thread)

Janet is equal favourite along with Michael for me :)

TVR is my favourite album of all time!

Janet is wonderful and my second favorite artist after Michael, of course..Rhythm Nation and the Velvet Rope are 2 of my favorite albums of hers and 2 of my favorite albums of all time..I feel like I can relate to her a lot through her music..and just like her brother, she has been an inspiration to me all of my life..

I love Janet !! I can't wait for her new album. Janet writes amazing music when she is sad, look at The Velvet Rope !!

She was the second successful Jackson and is an awesome singer! I love Control and Rhythm Nation! She is very god-given talented and her family is too! :)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qsaWSJtbe1Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qsaWSJtbe1Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object

Miss You Much (Oh I Like That Mix)

[youtube]NRqqb8lv1U0[/youtube]

I love janet, she's my favorite after Michael. I'm going to her new tour

i love janet also. im love her after mike 2 lol... n i hope to attend her tour. also, isnt it funny how many mj fans love janet also

n my fav album is the velvet rope

Janet's music 1986-1995 will always have a place in my heart (and my CD collection).

janet is one of the best albums ever made and if is one of the most stunning songs & videos ever.

1992-1993 was such a great time for music when you had Dangerous, janet & Madonna's Erotica in the charts and all 3 of them did their best tours. Proud to say I was at all of them.

Good times.

I've been getting back into the Velvet Rope lately, and I've always wondered...can anyone hear the PYT similarities towards the end of Go Deep? It really reminds me of the synths in PYT.

So many! But I really love "Lets Wait A While"
Here's some more.......
Again
All For You
Woops Now!
That's the Way Love Goes
Rhythm Nation
Velvet Rope
Got Til It's Gone
I Get Lonely
You
My Need
Funny How Times Flies
Control
When I Think Of You
Enjoy
Love Will Never Do (w/o you)
Come Back To Me
Black Cat
Control
Oh gosh! I can go on and on! Lol!

[youtube]e_GwqfUjeuY[/youtube]

Classic performance! I really love the low-key feel of this, just focusing on the great choreography.

I think her album Damita Jo is very underrated, in my opinion it's her best album of the 00's. I Want You, R&B Junkie, Island Life, All Night (Don't Stop), Strawberry Bounce, Just A Little While are all great songs, and I have no doubt, had the Superbowl not taken place they all would have been hits if released, not only did it have an effect on Janet's image (being blacklisted by MTV, no airplay etc.) but I think it affected Janet's confidence a little, having said that, with it being blacklisted it still managed to achieve 2 number ones in the US and a number 2 album against probably the biggest artist out at the time (Usher). Plus Janet looked stunning during that time, its hard to believe she was almost 40!
Here's my favourite performances of the Damita Jo era:

Love will never do (without you
Gots till its gone
Again
Love and my bestfriend
Lets wait awhile
almost all of vevlet rope.

I just came across this Damita Jo out-take, I really wish it was added, the vocals are really good, and its a really good song, had it been included it could have been one of the highlights of the album!

Oh Gosh there are so many songs that I like. If not all of them then almost lol
Put Your Hands On is one of them

Back