The "new" Vocals. What ya think of it?

kimpen

Proud Member
What do you think of his voice in his latest songs?

As i know WBSS is the only new remix that have his new voice on it?..
So what do you think of the bit where MJ sings, I think its kinda cool and catchy. :D

the original WBSS is my fave song vocally from MJ, so going from those crisp power vocals to ones that sound like a muffled demo (coz we only have the bad quality leaks) there is no comparison. Original all the way until i hear it in better quality.

there are no new vocals

but there are some never-before-heard unreleased vocals from a demo version / cut / outtake from the song WBSS

the same goes with TGIM

nothing new, but sth we have never heard before ;)

It is new, you can tell, his singing voice 25 years ago was different. The vocals sound similar to his voice on 'Vince.

Last edited:
Their definitely New. MJ Didn't sound like that at all back then. He sounded more fierce...and in the adlibs at the end on The Girl Is Mine are definitely NEW listen people listen. Especially when he says "you know you know you know I careeee oh yea"

I don't really care if they are new, they are fresh and I have never heard them before so.. they could have been recorded 25 days, 25 weeks or 25 years ago :) Love them either way

Last edited:
I think he re-sang the lyrics on Billie Jean Remix too, cause his tone is different & slower.
Some people were saying he just slowed down the original, but he didn't he re-recorded them.

Confirmation that Michael's vocals in WBSS 2008 are NEW, from Michael Jackson's official Facebook bulletin:

------
"Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 2008"

Featuring Michael Jackson & Akon

This first single from Thriller 25th Anniversary, is a new track produced by Akon and Michael, featuring Akon's vocal and a brand new 2008 Michael Jackson vocal track. Not a remix but a new version of this classic.
------

http://www.facebook.com/michaeljackson

Last edited:
Lovin the new vocals. I'm convinced they are new and not from an old demo. Mj didn't sound like that 25 years ago.

what about the vocals on for all time they sound newish compaired to the old leaked version?

I think he re-sang the lyrics on Billie Jean Remix too, cause his tone is different & slower.
Some people were saying he just slowed down the original, but he didn't he re-recorded them.

I thought this too, but I think it just sounds different slowed down. I'm gonna listen to it again...

Billie Jean - in remixing it MJ's voice was slowed down a bit, making the tone a bit deeper.. in slowing it a bit down you can also hear the vocal changes a bit clearer.. And when mixing it, they layed the instramentals at a lower audio to specify MJ's voice, where as the original was mixed specifically for the vocal and instramentals equally to make the voice and instraments blend together...

The MIXER is the person that controls all instramental and vocal volumes.

Wanna Be Staring Somethin' - That vocal is new. The vocal is sang with much more agression, if you listen to the two (the orig. and new) one after the other you'll hear a big difference. The original is much more pronounced, as this one is sang differently. Like how he does it live.. The 80's verison uses a higher register meeting with a simular lower register, where as this song is using a simular lower register as the 80's but all the way through. 'Even at high peaks' Not only that his STYLE of singing is not like his back in the early 80's.

^ mm good observation. Its like History vocals on top of a Thriller song lol I really love it

I haven't listened to the remixes yet. I'm kind of holding off until I buy the actual cd. ;)

Well if people couldn't decide if it was new vocals or from Thriller era and his official web pages say it is new I guess he can still sing, huh? ;)

:p

his voice sounds feeble imo.
not powerful enough like he did back then.

sounds like thriller era vocals to me regardless of what sony claim

Michaels vocals are good...they are just to fast pased for the track..he needed to sing it slower to match the rest of the remix...not the perfectionist i thought he was it seems.

Still great track :)

Michaels vocals are good...they are just to fast pased for the track..he needed to sing it slower to match the rest of the remix...not the perfectionist i thought he was it seems.

It really amaze me that some Michael fans always are negative about something MJ does. When we FINALLY hear some new vocals then there are people like you who are just negative and it makes me angry. it makes me angry when the vocals are actually REALLY GOOD.

Last edited:

whaaa? :eek: i don't even know what ur talking about from what i heard of the song(as far as too fast paced)....i guess it's a good thing everyone has their own point of view or interpretation after hearing...:)

of course i once thought his vocals for 'jam' were too fast paced..then after a second listen, it was fine...it was as if my ears were playing tricks on me.

Last edited:
Back