The Official "I Got My Album" Thread. Discuss Your Reactions Here!

Rec'd my copy of the album today. Love it. Don't know what all the controversy is about (haven't participated on the site in a while), but every song sounds like Mike to me. There's something about the 'grain' in his voice that is instantly recognizable. Until I'm proven wrong, I'll just assume it's Mike.

Yesterday I recived my T-shirt and cd from Michaeljackson.com.
I really liked the cd pack and the booklet with the handwritten notes! :)

I wondered about Monster too, I would've liked to see the lyrics for the rap.

HT is still my favourite, I soooo wish we could dance to it on clubs, I think it would be a good dance track!

At first I didn't really like the new arrangement of AD but it has now grown on me and it's one of my favourites on the album alongside HT, BOJ and Monster.

Here you go:

50 Cent's rap lyrics:

Yeah, yeah, yeah
Catch me in a bad mood, flippin', you'll take a whippin'
Animal, Hannibal, cannibal edition
Tears appear, yeah, blurrin' your vision
Fear in the air, screamin', your blood drippin'
Shiverin', shakin', now, now, now, now what is it
Fearin' them cemeteries, don't worry, it's time to visit
Broke bones, tombstones, how do you think I'm kiddin'
It's home, sweet home, the land of the forbidden
All hell, run tell the King has risen
2010 Thriller, there's not vanilla, it's Thriller
Envision the mist on your back, this is stat, this is bomb, ring the alarm
MJ number one, it goes on and on, it goes on and on
We get to creepin' and pullin' in the early morn
Keep on dreamin', there's nowhere to run
You can try, but you're done
I can feel it in the air
Here a monster come

-Dal

I'm so thrilled to have my 'Michael' album, that I took a picture with it. I'm even making my "bad" face. Get it? Cuz it's Michael Jackson... never mind. >_>

163413_10150101005153474_582688473_7300860_675090_n.jpg

I bought my two copies of the album (one for me, and one for a friend) yesterday at Best Buy - (December 16, 2010)

dscn1056mjjc.jpg

:wild:

I love Monster and Behind the Mask :clapping:

Last edited:
I love "Michael". After all of the controversy and negative comments, I was expecting less and was suprised at how good the album is. I think they did an excellent job making a cohesive album out of the material they had. More than any of his other albums, "Michael" showcases his amazing range of vocal styles and ablilities. I am glad that I didn't listen to the streaming version as it sounds absolutely amazing on a good sound system.

I love Michael's version of Behind the Mask. And I really like the way it was produced. It is retro enough to take you back in time and modern enough to still be relevant. Michael's vocals are perfect for this song.

I really can't pick a favorite song. I like them all.

I got mine on last Wednesday. Bought it during work lunch hour.

I wasn't sure what to expect as I avoided to listen to every Michael snippet that was circulating on the Internet.

Granted Michael is not here to give his blessing and approval to Michael but I think Teddy Reilly and the rest of the team did their best effort to produce a very good album.

I am fully satisfied with Michael. It's a solid album for me.

I thank Michael for writing Best of Joy and Much Too Soon. Best of Joy and Much Too Soon are the highest grade diamonds in Michael. I was honestly shocked when I heard Best of Joy. It is utterly beautiful. I had tears in my eyes when I listened to it. I hope that it will be released as a single in the future. Much Too Soon also has a big potential to be a big hit as it reminds me to She's Out of My Life - It's just Michael's voice in its naked form and that is precious.

As in (I Like) The Way You Love Me - It took me few plays to adjust to it as I truly love the original version. The original version has an obvious Doo Woop and dancing in a street at night like Fred Astaire feel to it. The new one takes you for a walk in a summer with your love one instead. So it's like having two different songs and I love that.

I think the best fast tracks in the album are Hollywood Tonight and Behind the Mask. I also like Breaking News as it has that typical Michael Jackson's 90s song to it. Oh, thanks Teddy for the speech interlude in Hollywood Tonight. It was well done. The military whistles at the end of Hollywood Tonight is smart.

I think the weakest songs in Michael are (I Can't Make it) Another Day and Monster. 'Weakest' in my definition does mean bad or equivalent. Both are great songs but when being compared to the rest of the tracks, both seem a bit weak.

Hold My Hand, I love this song but the intro 'Akon and MJ' irritates me a bit.

To my surprise, I neither skip any song nor dislike a song so yes, it is a very solid album for me.

I give Michael a 8 1/2 out 10. I deduct 1/2 due to the dull design of the CD booklet. But good thing that it contains lyrics and 'mini synopsis' for few songs.

Update: Love you Mike for creating Best of Joy. I can't stop playing this song day and night. Such beautiful and meaningful lyrics. I personally think Best of Joy is one of Michael's greatest works in his lifetime.

Last edited:
I got my copy yesterday and have since listened to it several times over the past 24hrs. I have mixed feelings on it but I'll try and be as direct as possible without getting into too much of the fluff (are the tracks MJ, he wasn't here to approve, etc.).

Let me first say before getting to the tracks that when I opened the case and saw this ugly plain blue cd I thought, "Well this isn't a good sign." I loved the cover but then you open the case and it just made me shake my head.

Hold My Hand: I never cared for this song. I didn't when it was leaked and I still don't today. I have been able to tolerate it more so but I still don't like it. It's just corny to me. I hear how great MJ sounds and then I hear that auto tuned crap of Akon (Whom I never liked) and I just shake my head.

Hollywood Tonight: I'm still not certain if I like it or not. When I first heard it I thought it was pretty dumb. Yet, I cant help but get the chorus stuck in my head. Perhaps its one of those tracks that if you listen to enough it'll get stuck even if you don't like it.

Keep Your Head Up: This is my favorite track. Many do not seem to like it but it just stuck with me from the moment I first heard it. It reminds me of "Keep The Faith". When I first listened to it on the way home from the store I teared up when he said, "Keep your head up to the sky". Made me think of him.

The Way You Love Me: Another track that just comes across as corny to me. It reminded me of Carosel for some reason. It isn't a bad track so I will just say that I think its "ok".

Monster: When I first heard this online I thought it was crap. But now it may very well be my second favorite track!! He's done the whole "monster, scary" thing many times (I understand the words are deeper than that). To me, its a more upbeat "Threaten" which is a track that I enjoy as well. People kept telling me that 50 Cent "killed it" (good thing) and though I won't say he was that great...its decent. I love while 50 raps and MJ goes "ha, ha". Love it or hate it... 50 Cent being on this track as a single can bring a large amount of attention to the album and thus increase sales. Akon can attract today's youth but I think 50 would reach a larger audience.

Best of Joy: I like this. It's a sweet song that reminds me of his great love tracks from Invincible. It would've fit just fine among that group. I wouldn't mind seeing this as a single but I doubt that very seriously.

Breaking News: Again I said I would ignore the fluff. With that being said the lyrics themselves are "meh" to me. We've heard MJ sing about the tabloids plenty of times and they are all better than this as far as I'm concerned. Tabloid Junkie, Privacy, Leave Me Alone...though I understand why he would keep making such tracks I'm kinda bored with it at this point and that is why I don't like it. On top of that the lyrics and beat are nothing special to me.

Another Day: If there is any track that sounds like a demo to me its this one. The sound quality of MJ's voice mixed with the hard rock sound of this just doesn't add up to me. This is towards the bottom of my like list.

Behind The Mask: Yes, I know soooo many seem to love this...I don't. The stock audience crowd noise that they use for everything is strange to me but it doesn't affect my judgment. I can't really explain why I don't like this song...its just one of those tracks that I listen to it and just shrug it off. It has this 80's, robotic sound which sounds so out of place to me. I've read people say that the saxophone is from "you are not alone". I don't see that comparison myself but it did sound like it belonged in an 80's montage.

Much Too Soon: Another song I've read nothing but praise for. The lyrics are great (I finally just now read them). I just feel that they should have found or used something different for a closing track. I would've preferred "Best of Joy" as the closer personally.

Overall: It's an ok album. I'd probably give it a 6/10 or a C. There are some enjoyable tracks and there are others that I can only shake my head at. My opinion of the album may change as time goes on. When I first got Invincible I hate it...now I love just about every track on it.

Much Too Soon: Another song I've read nothing but praise for. The lyrics are great (I finally just now read them). I just feel that they should have found or used something different for a closing track. I would've preferred "Best of Joy" as the closer personally.
I agree on that one. BOJ would have been a better closer :yes:
Much Too Soon isn't my favourite on the album anyway, though I like the "take away this neverending sorrow" part.

Love the positivity in this thread, such a welcome change. I can't stop listening to the whole album, I really cant. I think its great and there isn't a song on there I don't absolutly love.

Rec'd my copy of the album today. Love it. Don't know what all the controversy is about (haven't participated on the site in a while), but every song sounds like Mike to me. There's something about the 'grain' in his voice that is instantly recognizable. Until I'm proven wrong, I'll just assume it's Mike.

Indeed. After listening to the CD several times, there's no doubt in my mind that Michael is all over this in EVERY songs.

I really like the liner notes and LOOOVE Michael's hand written moments of inspiration.
It's priceless to me and worth the buy alone.

Those of you who understand the creative process surely will appreciate this. It's when someone get struck by something from above, usually in the middle of the night. You feel the urge to write it down. Whatever it is.
When I get this, I don't even turn the lights on. I just get a piece of paper and write in the dark. Whatever comes into my mind. And many times when morning comes and I look at my notes,
it looks like "chicken monkey" :)
(term for unreadable/uncomprehensible writtings or ideas).

It's what those precious Michael notes remind me of and why this album is important.

Personnally, I've chosen to boycott Sony a long time ago, but with all their electronics, but a CD? C'mon man.

Indeed. After listening to the CD several times, there's no doubt in my mind that Michael is all over this in EVERY songs.

I really like the liner notes and LOOOVE Michael's hand written moments of inspiration.
It's priceless to me and worth the buy alone.

Those of you who understand the creative process surely will appreciate this. It's when someone get struck by something from above, usually in the middle of the night. You feel the urge to write it down. Whatever it is.
When I get this, I don't even turn the lights on. I just get a piece of paper and write in the dark. Whatever comes into my mind. And many times when morning comes and I look at my notes,
it looks like "chicken monkey" :)
(term for unreadable/uncomprehensible writtings or ideas).

It's what those precious Michael notes remind me of and why this album is important.

Personnally, I've chosen to boycott Sony a long time ago, but with all their electronics, but a CD? C'mon man.

Agree Completely with the bolded part, that whole process of creativity is unique.
Those parts that they did include in the booklet are special, and as you said, worth buying just for that.
It's those little things like this that Michael himself can do to make something so much more personal. :happy:

Finally got my initial preorder in yesterday along with a couple more I purchased as gifts. I have been listening to it non stop since i got my first copy last week. :music:

imgp0021g.jpg

I find the whistling part and the beatboxing at the end of Hollywood Tonight in my head a lot. :)

I agree on that one. BOJ would have been a better closer :yes:
Much Too Soon isn't my favourite on the album anyway, though I like the "take away this neverending sorrow" part.

The three songs that I can't get out of my head to save my life are "Best Of Joy", "Monster" and "Keep Your Head Up". I think I may now consider "Best of Joy" my favorite...its just perfect in my eyes. It reminds me of me and my best friend sooo much...whom I love dearly.

This song actually makes me want to write a song in dedication to her (my friend). That or I'm simply going to sing it myself and present it to her at some point. We've actually discussed doing tracks together (both love singing). It could be a nice little duet. :wub:

As far as Monster goes, I think the reason why I like that is because it is the only one that I feel I can blast going down the highway, nodding my head with the heavy bass. I love listening to hard hitting stuff on occasion.

Love the positivity in this thread, such a welcome change. I can't stop listening to the whole album, I really cant. I think its great and there isn't a song on there I don't absolutly love.

Glad you feel like that about it Soph! I'm the same! Absolutely LOVE all of the songs on the new album! :D:wub::clapping:
Of course you have probably seen my tweets about it!
LOL :bugeyed
Amazing MJ! #Michael. :agree:

Thinking of Michael creating ''Hollywood Tonight'', in that hotel room in Beverley Hills Hotel! :yes:
You know how he says he hears the song in his head, and then doesnt stop until he puts it down, what he hears in his head?
mmmmm amazing hand written lyrics on hotel note paper............:wub:
The beatboxing! The wanting to get it right! :clapping:
Amazing!
Thanks Mike! Amazing song!

Just reading the last page of the booklet in the new album!
Trying to decipher it!

'' We only live once.
Since we are given the gift of life
it should be our persistant endeavour
to immortalize ourselves.
No matter on what field of endeavour
we choose.
M.J ''

:wub:

Our Mike certainly immortalised himself! His legacy will live for eternity and beyond.

Last edited:
Just listened to the album again and I have to come on here to say again how much I love it! I liked it to begin with but it grows on me with each new listen. Some observations.

Monster: Love this song, especially Michael's "Ha!". It has an infectious beat. I think it is my favorite of the genre, along with Is It Scary.

Hollywood Tonight is one of those songs I just can't get out of my head. At first I didn't like the whistling part but now it has a retro sort of charm.

I have always liked Hold My Hand but this version is so much better with more Michael. Video is nice too.

Keep Your Head Up is a gem in a long legacy of Michael's inspirational anthems. And something I really needed to hear right now.

Another Day. I love Michael just cutting loose on this song, full of raw emotion and yelling. I love it when he yells!

Much To Soon: just too beautiful for words. What an amazing voice he had....

Behind the Mask; Love, love, love this version of the song. With this and the remake of Tron, I feel like I am reliving my past. Skillfully done. Michael's vocals give me goosebumps on this song.

Breaking News: This is another infectious song. I can't not like it. Hearing it on a quality sound system, I can tell that parts are Michael and parts are someone else. It is highly processed which I wish they hadn't done. But, it's so damn catchy.

I can count on one hand the number of albums I listen to in their entirety. This is one of them. Thanks Michael for continuing to create. You were and always will be the best.

I have had my album almost for a week now and I listen to it every day and all the time... I just can't get enough of it!! I love, love, love it.

And as I sleep I hear the album playing in my head as a soundtrack :D When ever I wake up during the night, one of the songs is still playing - but it changes though, depending of the night.

Yeah, I know I'm a bit obsessed... :blush:

Last edited:
I love the album too. My favourite songs are Hold My Hand, Much Too Soon, Behind The Mask and Another Day :)

5 stars for me!

I wasn't expecting the album to be good, but I'm so thrilled with the album. I love every song on there. It's great. Not one bad song for me.

Back