The story behind Mike predicting his death, 1998?

I'm confused why you're so scared/upset?
None of the other 'world is ending' theories have come true.
Why would you leave this community over a silly discussion?
We wouldn't be able to do anything about it if it were true anyway and all we can do is wait and see.

Last edited:
I'm confused why you're so scared/upset?
None of the other 'world is ending' theories have come true.
Why would you leave this community over a silly discussion?
We wouldn't be able to do anything about it if it were true anyway and all we can do is wait and see.

I know. But after reading other peoples replies on this thread, it scares me even more. I tried to avoid it. I avoid the movie also. Yes, we can just wait and see.

I'll admit that it does make sense now that Michael's gone. Heck, it's the only thing that makes sense right now. But I don't believe it's actually going to happen. And if it doesn't, as hard as it is without Michael, he left behind the most beautiful, magical and wondefrul legacy as an entertainer, and a beautiful person inside and out, that anyone could ever hope to leave for this world.
We will carry on his legacy and spread his message until the day we die.

I'll admit that it does make sense now that Michael's gone. Heck, it's the only thing that makes sense right now. But I don't believe it's actually going to happen. And if it doesn't, as hard as it is without Michael, he left behind the most beautiful, magical and wonderul legacy as an entertainer and a beautiful person inside and out that anyone could ever hope to leave for this world.
We will carry on with his legacy and spread his message until the day we die.

I know. But after reading other peoples replies on this thread, it scares me even more. I tried to avoid it. I avoid the movie also. Yes, we can just wait and see.
Why come in this thread then? There's hundreds of other threads/topics other than this one.

Man take it easy, Read a book. First you dont believe it at all and now you scared of your life. Get a grip

Why come in this thread then? There's hundreds of other threads/topics other than this one.

Because i saw threads like this. I didn't know which one to post so i choose this one. But let's just put this all behind us. Sorry if i went a little off-topic. I am so sorry.

Because i saw threads like this. I didn't know which one to post so i choose this one. But let's just put this all behind us. Sorry if i went a little off-topic. I am so sorry.
If I see a topic that doesn't interest me or looks stupid, I don't go into it, or at the most look at it once. I don't continue to go into it over & over and complain about it. Nobody is making you read this. You're choosing to come in here.

If I see a topic that doesn't interest me or looks stupid, I don't go into it, or at the most look at it once. I don't continue to go into it over & over and complain about it. Nobody is making you read this. You're choosing to come in here.

You're right. I shouldn't have done it. I'm not gonna do this again. I just wanna say i'm deeply sorry if i made anyone upset by this discussion.

I know what you guys are saying and I agree, but to be honest we did get a little off topic here.
It's good that you're not leaving us CarverShaman. :)

Thanks. I'm feeling better now. :)

I'm gonna go to another thread now so mods, delete my posts and some of the off-topic posts.

You're right. I shouldn't have done it. I'm not gonna do this again. I just wanna say i'm deeply sorry if i made anyone upset by this discussion.
I'm not upset. I just don't get that if something is bothering you about this topic, why read about it? I also don't get how can you be scared of something that you think is false.

so he predicted his own death in 1998. I predict my own dead right now.
BTW i always thought he wouldnt live very old. But thats because thats usually what happens to great artist. Its not real healthy life most of the times. So itsnot real hard to predict is it....
I use to think this but I do not no more. Paul McCathy/Ringo Star of the beatles are still living. Frank Santra lived to be an old man. Michael wanted to live. he even said he will not be performing like James Brown because james killed himself. A MAN killed Michael.

I use to think this but I do not no more. Paul McCathy/Ringo Star of the beatles are still living. Frank Santra lived to be an old man. Michael wanted to live. he even said he will not be performing like James Brown because james killed himself. A MAN killed Michael.

I couldn't agree more. You said it perfectly.

Interesting, because when I asked about this, I was told that it was because 1998 would be his fortieth birthday and he had goals he wanted to reach by then.

He thought the world would end after talking to some wacky psychic. That was the story I heard years ago because I had the same question you're posing. Hope that helps some.

You speak a lot of sense DuranDuran :)

Oh please, stop! It seems like many of you have gone suicidal! I don't believe the world will end in 2012. It reminds me of the same rumours of previous years. Please stop scaring me and some people who don't believe that shit! It's driving me crazy. :S :(

I am not suicidal. I just think that the world as a unity has lost sense. That's all.

THE TRUTH ABOUT 1998 in Michael's signature:

It was NOT him predicting his death (Michael would never do such a thing anyways!)

I met him in Bel Air in October 2008 and asked him what was the meaning of the 1998???
He said it was the YEAR THAT HE KNEW HE WANTED TO HAVE CHIDLREN.
(He was very impressed that I remembered/noticed he used to put this after his signature and said "wow, you really know...." ...as in you really know about me.)
As we know Prince was born in Feb 1997, so he was a little bit off...but THIS IS THE REASON FROM HIS MOUTH, FROM MICHAEL HIMSELF.

Just wanted to tell this because it's a sick tabloidish story about him predicting his death. STOP IT!!!
Someone change the name of the title of this thread......

Sandy

Last edited:
Thanks Paisley. All the stuff is tabloid garbage. Whether it's true or not, I like that story, and you have no reason to lie so I believe you.

OH MY GOD THANK YOU FOR CLEARING THIS UP FOR ME

lol i've always wanted to know! omg sooo nice to know! hahaha

It was NOT him predicting his death (Michael would never do such a thing anyways!)

I met him in Bel Air in October 2008 and asked him what was the meaning of the 1998???
(He was very impressed that I remembered/noticed he used to put this after his signature and said "wow, you really know...." ...as in you really know about me.)
As we know Prince was born in Feb 1997, so he was a little bit off...but THIS IS THE REASON FROM HIS MOUTH, FROM MICHAEL HIMSELF.

Just wanted to tell this because it's a sick tabloidish story about him predicting his death. STOP IT!!!

Sandy

A page in my Moonwalk book has little character drawings and Michaels signature with 1998, I never got why it said that.

So what I heard was true then just not as specific. I don't think Michael would have been quick to believe someone claiming to be a psychic, very tabloid.

Interesting, because when I asked about this, I was told that it was because 1998 would be his fortieth birthday and he had goals he wanted to reach by then.

Sandy

So what I heard was true then just not as specific. I don't think Michael would have been quick to believe someone claiming to be a psychic, very tabloid.
Not necessarily, some celebs did see psychics & astrologers, such as Shirley MaClaine, Yoko Ono, & Nancy Reagan.

Sandy

Wow, thankyou for that!

I had been a devoted fan for years already but couldnot find a copy of Moonwalk in India. My uncle, who had no idea I did'nt already have it found it in a bookstore in another city and bought it for me. He gifted it to me with these words written on the first page-

"To someone, who perhaps knows more about the legend, ie, MJ than the author himself" lol! And the date- it was the first weeks of 1998.

AND I noticed that on the same page Michael had drawn a beautiful pic of himself and signed it MJ, 1998............
I went AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

For years and years I had been collecting every little scrap of paper that had any thing even remotely related to Mike and the day I got his autobiography-Michael's actual words, he himself speaking about his life it coincided with the year he had scribbled on the book!!!

Last edited:
Back