The Whitney Houston Thread

Rest in peace Whitney! :(

Here are some pictures of her with Mike.

tumblr_lz9bkmhcdE1qesepao1_500.png

mj1.jpg

mj5.jpg

mj2.jpg

mj3.jpg

Last edited:
Unbelievable..., hmmm two biggest black music artists dead..., coincidence? IMO, no!

Two many similarities with how to rise to stardom, fame, awards, records sales, drug addiction, money problems, family problems, media frenzy...... death.

404531_10150551202917045_80500707044_9190248_479920979_n.jpg

Last edited:
I found out bout her death while being on twitter today, it is very sad news :(

My prayers are with her daughter & her family

Unbelievable..., hmmm two biggest black music artists dead..., coincidence? IMO, no!

Two many similarities with how to rise to stardom, fame, awards, records sales, drug addiction, money problems, family problems, media frenzy...... death.

404531_10150551202917045_80500707044_9190248_479920979_n.jpg

What's being black got to do with it?

Same happened to Elvis, Joplin, Winehouse, Cobain.

I hope people soon start to learn that fame & fortune does not equal happiness. It was being sad off stage that brought these people down & dependent.

RIP Whitney.

I found this info:

"DAYS OF THE BROKEN HEARTED"
was a song Michael Jackson recorded with Whitney Houston in 2007 that remains unreleased. Whitney Houston recorded this duet as a special favour to Michael in his studio in Las Vegas.

Can somebody confirm this?

Do you ever stop trolling even in a thread like this. u cant help yourself.

was a work when i started hearing comments from customers about this was so hoping it wasnt true. got in the car after work turned the radio on and there it was. heartbreaking
news poor whitney. has bobby brown crawled out from under his rock yet

I guess her singles and albums will be flying off the shelves now, its so sad how things can change just like that, a couple of days ago I was updating this very thread on her being spotted, then her death :(

Bobby was set to go on stage a couple of hours after I remember reading @elusive, supposedly he was in hysterics, yet still did the show.

Cissy Houston (Whitney's mother) was on the phone to Whitney just under an hour before she died apparently and was said to have said there was no indication there was anything wrong with her at all. Dionne Warwick, Whitney's cousin rang her a couple of hours before her death to make sure they were sitting at the same table for Clive's Grammy party and said the same thing.

Bobbi Kristina was also told she could not see Whitney's body as of yet, but it's all hearsay at the moment.

TMZ are reporting she was found in the bathtub, but it's unsure if she OD'd or drowned, again it's all hearsay.
The best always die young...

Last edited:
<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d8EZ1atJalg&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d8EZ1atJalg&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

I'd like do dedicate this song to Whitney and all the other music legends that died young... Michael, Elvis, John Lennon, Kurt Cobain, Freddie Mercury, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Bob Marley, Amy Winehouse, Jim Morrison...

[youtube]e5hjvaa5ZT0[/youtube]

One by one, only the good die young...

So many people are shocked to hear this news.

This is the Dutch performer Glennis Grace. Her carreer started when she won a competition with her singing Whitney's 'One moment in time' at the age of 16. This was 18 yrs ago.

Whitney was so important to her. She inspired Glennis from when she was a little girl, trying to sing the high notes like Whitney.

Glennis 'One moment in time' now:

[youtube]Xl_ZC4cX9IU[/youtube]

Glennis 'One moment in time' in 1994:

[youtube]_T__k8AvO6A[/youtube]

"I can't handle my emotions people! All I do is cry like a little child! It's like my heart is ripped out!
Tuesday I'm starting with recording for my new album and I'm going to sing as if Whitney is standing in front of me, as if my life depends on it.

I'm going to honour her on every stage I will be performing."

Argh... I have such a 'deja vu' feeling about it this all :no:

I loved her songs... Really emotional ones and TRUE to the heart...

It :mat: me and :cry: me that people NEVER listen and NEVER learn, do they?

WHEN are they gonna start treating STARS and ARTISTS like HUMANS with FEELINGS...

Anyway,
All my ? goes out to Whitney Houston's family, friends and above all her LOYAL fans... We FEEL your pain... Be STRONG and BE there for ONE and OTHER in these 'tough' times...
:no:

Lord rest Whitney's soul and may He provide the comfort so desperately needed by her family, especially her mother and her daughter.

Gone too soon, far too soon. I'm still in shock. It's so unfair and so heartbreaking.

God bless those who will honor her tonight, i'm sure it's going to be very difficult.

Didn't she refuse "I Just Can't Stop Loving You?"

That was the rumour way back then anyways.

Bobbi Kristina has been released from hospital reports are claiming:

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...ns-daughter-rushed-hospital/story?id=15568958

Pictures of Bobbi being taken into an ambulance on a stretcher have emerged from the shameless as always TMZ, I won't post them because I think its definitely something that shouldn't be photographed at this hard time for her, I don't know how someone could be so heartless :( My thoughts remain with her.

Typical tmz to do that grr
they have no respect whatsoever

What's being black got to do with it?

Same happened to Elvis, Joplin, Winehouse, Cobain.

I hope people soon start to learn that fame & fortune does not equal happiness. It was being sad off stage that brought these people down & dependent.

RIP Whitney.

This. Very tacky and inappropriate. A life has been lost and that's all anyone should be concerned about.

[h=1]Sony to set plans for Whitney Houston catalog[/h]

[h=2]Nine albums, soundtracks featuring the pop singer[/h]

By Ronald Grover and Yinka Adegoke, Reuters

LOS ANGELES - Sony Music executives will meet this week in New York to determine a strategy for marketing the nine albums, soundtracks and compilations that feature Whitney Houston, the pop singer who died on Saturday at age 48, according to two people familiar with the plans.

Executives will also discuss stepping up marketing efforts for the upcoming film "Sparkle," a low-budget movie starring Houston that will be released in August, and for the accompanying soundtrack on which she sings two songs, added one of the people with knowledge of the conversations.
Houston's death is the second in three years for a top-tier Sony Music artist. In 2009, following Michael Jackson's death, the New York-based company aggressively marketed Jackson's prior albums, selling more than 8.2 million in the U.S. and more than 35 million worldwide, according to Billboard.
Sony executives are expected to wait until after the results of an autopsy are known before re-releasing albums or otherwise openly marketing the late singer, according to one of the people familiar with the conversations. A tribute concert featuring other Sony artists and those with whom Houston had worked in the past is also being contemplated, this person said.
"Michael Jackson's passing was the perfect storm for Sony because he was getting ready for a world tour that was already getting a lot of publicity," said Lance Grode, a former head of worldwide business affairs for MCA Records, now Universal Music. "You don't want to look too eager but you also want to capitalize on the attention the star is getting right now."
In 2010, Sony released a re-mastered 25-year anniversary edition of Houston's debut 1985 album "Whitney Houston," and the company will likely boost marketing of that record, said one of the people with knowledge of Sony.
Houston's Christmas album, "One Wish: The Holiday Album," currently listed on Amazon.com for $7.53, will almost certainly be re-issued this fall, said the person.
On Sunday, fans had already driven "Whitney Houston - The Greatest Hits" to the top of the charts on Amazon.com, and her signature hit single "I Will Always Love You," was the top download on iTunes.
NO LARGE REVENUE SHARE
Unlike Michael Jackson, who controlled much of his music, Houston did not enjoy a very large share of the revenues from her work. Sony's Legacy Records owns the catalog of her albums, and pays Houston, or her estate, royalties for her singing. Houston did not write her hit songs, and doesn't share in the revenues for publishing rights.
Clive Davis, Sony's chief creative officer and former CEO of Arista, stands to collect a share of the royalties as well for the three Houston albums on which he is credited as producer or executive producer. For those albums, he could get as much as 10 percent - or "points" - of the royalties, an accepted industry practice, according to one of the industry executives.
A Davis spokesman did not return calls. Sony would not comment beyond a statement in which the company said "Whitney Houston was an icon and a once-in-lifetime talent who influenced a generation of singers and brought joy to millions of fans around the world. She will be greatly missed."
Universal Music Group, a unit of Vivendi, will also share in the anticipated increase in Whitney Houston sales. In 2007, the company purchased the music publishing rights to songs such as "The Greatest Love of All," "Didn't We Have it All" and "Saving All My Love for You" from songwriter Michael Masser.
Singer Dolly Parton controls the publishing rights, which enables her to license music, to "I Will Always Love You." Parton wrote and recorded the song in 1973.
"When Whitney did it, I got all the money for the publishing and for the writing, and I bought a lot of cheap wigs," Parton told CNN's Anderson Cooper in an interview in January.
Warner Brothers, a unit of Time Warner, controls the rights for the 1992 film "The Bodyguard," which stars Houston as a singer and actress and Kevin Costner as her bodyguard and lover. The movie earned $121 million in U.S. theater ticket sales and $410 million worldwide, according to the Internet site Box Office Mojo.
Sony controls the rights to the soundtrack, which has sold more than 44 million copies worldwide, and it will almost certainly be re-released soon, said one of the people with knowledge of Sony's plans. Nielsen Soundscan says it is the best-selling soundtrack of the last 20 years and the sixth best-selling album since Soundscan began measuring sales in 1991.
"When a star first dies, fans are desperate for one last performance," said Mark Young, a University of Southern California business professor and author of the book "The Mirror Effect: How Celebrity Narcissism is Seducing America."
© Copyright (c) Reuters

Back