Think back to 1991...

I think the most ironic thing about the whole thing is that Dangerous actually sold more worldwide than Bad. Also, Off the Wall which people claim to be Michael at his best sold as much as History, not including the double sells.

So, the general public do not agree with critics.

Yes!!! Dangerous did great, no question. I often wonder what is the reality we read about on the papers. That's when the words "Be true to yourself" make more sense than ever.

And back then you didn't ask people if they liked Michael Jackson. It was a cultural thing. EVERYBODY LIKED MICHAEL JACKSON. Period. Haters were around, sure, but in terms of music, people had no single question, we all loved the King's music. It was a natural, expected, known fact. No questions about it. Everybody HAD to liked MJ, it was part of your education. If someone didn't then s/he would be considered weird. At least in my country things were like that. We didn't talk that much about him since it was obvious he was the best. I mean it, there were no questions.

This. So much this. There were no questions. In Poland he was a king.
What country are you from, btw? ;)

I was 8 years old so I don't remember much but I do remember being excited for it because my older brother got the album! He is also a MJ fan! I remember the two of us watching the B&W video and we would try to imitate Michael. We put tapes around our fingers and we'd just blast the music till our grandma would get mad haha. :) Good memories.

This. So much this. There were no questions. In Poland he was a king.
What country are you from, btw? ;)

Oh, sorry.... I just came back to the thread after a long while, so I didn't answer before.
I am from Chile, that the oooootheeeerrr corner of the world :D

My mum was a massive fan so the music was always blasting from our house :)

I was only 4 so dont remember to much however she said that Jam was my fave song and that whenever she asked me what sandwiches i wanted for school i would always say JAM ha ha how random!!!! I didnt even like jam apparently and would always get in trouble because i would refuse to eat them i just had to have Jam in them!!!

I was only 4 so dont remember to much however she said that Jam was my fave song and that whenever she asked me what sandwiches i wanted for school i would always say JAM ha ha how random!!!! I didnt even like jam apparently and would always get in trouble because i would refuse to eat them i just had to have Jam in them!!!

Awww LOL :)

xxx

Awww how cute! :wub:

And also Remember the Time. I thought it was funny he was singing about phones when he was in Ancient Egypt.

I think i can answer why that was.

You see in the Remember The Time short film Mike was from the future. He just borrowed a time machine Delorean from Doc Brown and travled back to Egypt times

I think i can answer why that was.

You see in the Remember The Time short film Mike was from the future. He just borrowed a time machine Delorean from Doc Brown and travled back to Egypt times

ah?
How was that?

it was a amazing time. i miss that.
i remember. christmas. one of my brothers got the cassette version of this album.
who is it was played very loud and often. i think it was the most hysteric time for fans.
michael jackson was something like eating, drink water. something what u needed everyday to live. thats how i would describe this time. for me the best time!

I believe I was about 7 years old. (without a care in the world! no responsibilities...except homework...life was good! lol)

I remember seeing my dad's cassette tape for the BAD album and I noticed his skin tone but little old me thought "Well, when people get older, they get darker and others get lighter...duh!" That made perfect sense to me. I thought he was the most beautiful man I've ever seen. Gosh. I would wear that Moonwalker video tape out! And yes, I thought every scene was real, especially when Mike turned into that huge robot going after Joe Pesci...I was so scared. From then on, I thought Michael was not from this planet, but in a cool way.

I'm kind of off topic but one memory that jumps out in my head is my first time seeing the video for Bad. I remember thinking "Oh no! Michael is not a nice person" LOL I truly thought he changed for the bad and he would walk down the street and knock over old grannies, I seriously thought that. Lol!!

Now as for the Dangerous album...wow. Back then, I was too poor to buy any of the albums and would choose a barbie over an album for Christmas (slapping myself now). My parents were going through a separation and the only thing that brought them together (at least for one moment) was the WORLD PREMIER of "Remember the Time" Ohh EMM GEE (OMG) There I was, tiny little Gina sitting in between both parents on their huge bed and we were mesmerized (I was thanking Mike in my head for bringing them together for that night). The video was totally like a movie for me, so much "ooooohs" and "awe" Then when Mike turned into sand...I believed that too!! That solidified it for me, MJ = Magic, pure magic. After the video was over, I'm sure I went and watched that Moonwalker video for a good couple hours.

There was no artist (that I knew of) back then where they had to have AMBULANCES on ready during a concert. It was such a common thing for people to faint during an MJ concert, lol! Unreal. Unreal.

Last edited:
My post wasn't serious

wowoww, LOL!!!!
I really thought you were!!! hahahhhaaa!! :lol:
Shame on me!!
smiley-ashamed005.gif

I was only 9 yrs old but I do remember the excitement of rushing downstairs to the living room to sit and watch Black or White on Top of The Pops! We were all amazed by it, I remember afterwards writing a letter to Michael and then getting my friends together to clean up our parks and greens being motivated by heal the world. I remember at school the kids teasing us all for loving Michael and trying to dance like Michael in the playground. I too had the cassette and played it over and over - not really understanding In the Closet! I also remember crying and crying as my mum wouldn't let me go to Dangerous concert as a girl who was older and was supposed to take us had gone into trouble and my mum didin't trust her and that was the end of it! Wish I had been born just a bit earlier -I remember crying my heart out at 6 yrs old for not being allowed to go to the BAD concert!

I was only a year old. Sadly I did not get to witness much of his career first hand. But I do have great memories of watching Thriller and Bad on tv when I was like 7.

Back