thinking about a michael jackson tattoo

i'm getting my tattoo on the 17th july when i get paid next.

i am thinking of having a portrait of his face on my shoulder, then on bottom his name and then 1958-2009. I don't mind spending £100 or so if it comes to it.

Last edited:
I am getting one definately! I want to have one of his face with some kind of quote...I don't know what yet, I want it to be really special :)

I have a question: does it really hurt having a tattoo? .... I am still getting it done anyway even if it is painful.

it is painfull i wont lie but u can use numbing cream i did,makes no diff to the tattoo at all with numbing cream it feels like u r being screath x

^ i have a tattoo (john lennon's self portrait) on my forearm and it did not hurt at all.
i am definitely going to have a Michael tattoo as well, i think i'm just gonna go with "Michael".

^well, i did feel it, but it didn't hurt. i just have one tattoo, i actually just got it two months ago. and everyone was surprised i got john lennon and not Michael, my dad especially was surprised. i always knew i wanted a Michael tattoo as well, but i never got to understand what i want exactly, i knew it's not going to be the MJ logo, nor a picture of him.

^well, i did feel it, but it didn't hurt. i just have one tattoo, i actually just got it two months ago. and everyone was surprised i got john lennon and not Michael, my dad especially was surprised. i always knew i wanted a Michael tattoo as well, but i never got to understand what i want exactly, i knew it's not going to be the MJ logo, nor a picture of him.

I got 2 tattoos,got 6 more to get including a michael one,so i was going to get it for the concert but now as a memorial just not sure were to have it as placement is really imporant as i dont want to hide it away,i got one on my wrist and one on my back of my shoulder,i was thinking i might get his signature and something else but not sure,or i might get the mj from the history cover as i have always wanted that and just do my own design around it,not sure yet,its hard to think x

michaeltat.jpg

i like this one.

myself?
i,m making my own mj tattoo, but won,t share my ideas till it,s on my back.....
Sorry.
When it,s finished i will show you, oke?

it will be my 6th tattoo....

omg yes..i remember that photo..it gave me the idea that a portrait tattoo is for me and not a signature or whatnot. i cant figure out what exact photo the tattoo is taken from though or cant find it. but i guess i have one in mind already..my only issue now is which arm to tattoo his face..errr im giving myself til the end of july to decide.
love everyones ideas!! i think this will make peace with me in some way this tattoo, i can see him all the time forever!. and everyone will know michael is close to my heart.

I decided to get this one on my arm and put a crown above it.. Im going to be nervous, this will be my my 1st tattoo

DSC00536.jpg

I have been trying to figure out for a long time what my first tattoo was going to be. With Michael's passing I think I have finally figured out what it will be. I think I am going to get the MJ logo from History on my right forearm. Unfortunately it took a tragedy for me to figure it out.

im getting one asap! I'm not sure what exactly...maybe it might just say 'MJ' with a love heart around it and '1958-2009'
or of his face! I don't know...it's so hard to think

I've been wanting a black panther tattoo for a while and I'm going to design my own so that it is unique and I can give it an MJ feel to it (hopefully) when I've finished it I'll give you all a look :)

I decided to get this one on my arm and put a crown above it.. Im going to be nervous, this will be my my 1st tattoo

DSC00536.jpg

Yup, I have that one on my lower back... was thinking of adding on to it but I dunno what i want... maybe I'll just leave it as is.

mjtattooleg.jpg

mjtattoowrist.jpg

I know I've already posted these, but I'm so proud of them. I got them done yesterday!

i'm getting my tattoo on the 17th july when i get paid next.

i am thinking of having a portrait of his face on my shoulder, then on bottom his name and then 1958-2009. I don't mind spending £100 or so if it comes to it.

A portrait will cost you a whole lot more than 100 pounds. More like double that at least. They are not easy to do and you need someone very experienced in portrait work.

it is painfull i wont lie but u can use numbing cream i did,makes no diff to the tattoo at all with numbing cream it feels like u r being screath x

Ok, thanks...I have given birth 3 times so a tattoo can't be worse than that lol!

Leanne, I am getting a portrait too...I have found the perfect picture. My hubby reckons on the shoulder is the best place to do it...

PrettyYoungThang, I agree about finding a really good artist to do it....I have seen some really bad ones on the internet yesterday that look nothing like Michael! I am so scared about that...but the tattoo artist draws the pic first right? So could I trust if they can draw him exactly life like, then it would be tattooed on well??

I wanted to have a Michael Jackson tattoo since I was 19 (today I'm 25) but was always giving up for being afraid of my parent’s reactions. With his (I hate this word more than anything in this world...) death, the desire came back with full force so I did it two days ago and is the tattoo I'm most proud of. It came out perfect, just the way he IS for me. I did it on my right leg.

Jay.Grl I would love to see your new tattoo :)

swirly, I am scared too...not of the pain, but if it comes out ok, because I am having his face tattoed on my shoulder, i need it to look perfect....I need to find an EXTREMELY good tattooist...

I got mines today and i love it it did hurt a little but it was worth it i'm glad i have it done. Although it is a bit swollen lol mines cost 100 us dollars.

I've been dancing around the issue of a MJ tattoo for ages now, but I could never figure out what I want, now I know I'm getting one for sure, and I know I want a lettering tattoo with a quote from one of his songs, but I can't figure out which one..

Back