thinking about a michael jackson tattoo

I have been thinking about this too. I already have MJ (from the history album cover) on my belly and have Michael Jackson written on the side of my foot. Am thinking maybe I'll just add 1958-2009 to my foot. Not sure yet. But I want to do something.

Sorry to be rude but do you have a picture of the one on your foot? Just wondering as it sounds like what I am considering. Thanks :)

BGAMMJ28.JPG

BGAMMJ29.JPG

I was thinking about this new MJ design. The one on the up left with the blue accents, even with wings and all. Does anyone know where to find an bigger picture of it?

I took the pictures from: http://michaeljackson.shop.bravadousa.com/Product.aspx?cp=21637_21754&pc=BGAMMJ28##

You know that I m thinking about to have one of his logo on merchandise. MJ with wings and crown. I also love the one on white scarf too. :)

I've been searching online for good realism/portrait tattoo artists and here are a few names that you can search if you're interested. Tim Phelps, Megan Hoogland, Tom Renshaw, Shotsie Gorman, Pavel Angel, and Bob Tyrell. I'm going to keep searching though as I start to plan my tattoo.

Tom is amazing -- he' located in Michigan for thos eof you interested -- he has a video on Youtube but he also has a website that shows a lot of his work. I plan on getting one done by him next year on 1st of July for the five year anniversary of the passing of the one and only, Luther Vandross.

I'm getting "Every day create your history" with his trademark pointing toes on my wrist tomorrow. :) Can't wait!

I agree with the many of you saying not to get his death date. Michael wanted to live forever, and that is why he put so much into his music, so that it could live forever. He will never "die."

I've been searching online for good realism/portrait tattoo artists and here are a few names that you can search if you're interested. Tim Phelps, Megan Hoogland, Tom Renshaw, Shotsie Gorman, Pavel Angel, and Bob Tyrell. I'm going to keep searching though as I start to plan my tattoo.
I looked at all of their websites, and Bob is AMAZING, omg! If I can't find a good artist in LA, I might find some reason to travel to Detroit just to get mine done by him. Kat Von D (LA Ink) is one of the best out here, but her waiting list is unbelievably long. My cousin has an appt with her for late 2010, geez.

I was also thinking about a MJ tattoo..
I thought about this one.

HTW.jpg

And instead of the 1990's i want there: Michael J. Jackson.
But my mother would kill me. :p

MJStarlight, that is really nice! I like it very much! :)

Upon thinking about it endlessly, I have decided that I am going to do it. I already have a Bon Jovi tatt on my lower back - I have never once regretted it, still love it and at least I know I can handle the pain!

I'm going to get it done on my left ankle - that way, if I want to add something later down the track (perhaps a quote of his) I can have it done across the edge of my foot. It will say MJ (linked together in an artistic way) with a heart, shaded in red. Ideally, I want it to be relitively small yet tasteful...it's my own way of honouring him and what he meant to me, as opposed to an obvious public statement (my Bon Jovi one is big enough lol!).

Will get it done at the same place as where I had my Bon Jovi one done...they are really good there. Will be sure to post it for you all to see once I've had it done :)

Yeah of course you can :) It would be great to have somebody to get it done with! I was actually going to talk to you about it...that was the last on my list of things to tell you :)

im gonna book myself in for the 29th of august as its his birthday and also i can plan the perfect place to put it, get the perfect design and i will also have a clear head by that time as i am still in shock as all of us still are.
I was thinking of getting a silhouette of him with 1958-2009. I would also like his name aswell but will have to see how much it will cost next week. i have no idea wear to put it as this is my 1st tatto i was thinking the bottom of my back, back of sholder or my hip, so any help or ideas from you peeps would be greatly appreciated!
RIP King of pop Micheal Jackson x

I was also thinking about a MJ tattoo..
I thought about this one.

HTW.jpg

And instead of the 1990's i want there: Michael J. Jackson.
But my mother would kill me. :p

lol...but your mother doesn't have to know :p you could put it somewhere really obscure, like the top of your thigh??

That's a lovely idea for a tattoo, I like that pic :)

I was wondering if anyone could find a tatto in japaneese or chineese which means "I love you Michael Jackson" or "You are alway in my heart Michael Jackson"

Or in japaneese "You are alway in my heart" and then the MJ logo inside the japaneese message .. if u know what i mean..

PLEASE HELP .. LOVE YA.

PLEASE RESPOND. If anyone can design that typ of tattoo for me ? I would be so happy !

I looked at all of their websites, and Bob is AMAZING, omg! If I can't find a good artist in LA, I might find some reason to travel to Detroit just to get mine done by him. Kat Von D (LA Ink) is one of the best out here, but her waiting list is unbelievably long. My cousin has an appt with her for late 2010, geez.

I know!! And it's great that it is his specialty because he had like 20 pages of portraits, so I'd rather go to someone like him than a regular tattoo artist that has just done a few portraits here and there. I actually was watching LA Ink the other night, the one where Kat goes to the hospital, and that's where I saw Bob Tyrell because he sometimes travels as a guest artist and they also have like conventions and things where they travel to different cities, so you might want to check that out. I'm def willing to travel to get my tattoo done though, Michael is too important to me so it has to be perfection.

lol...but your mother doesn't have to know :p you could put it somewhere really obscure, like the top of your thigh??

That's a lovely idea for a tattoo, I like that pic :)

You're right. But what if we all go to the beach. Then she will see it.

heres my new one
tattoo1o.jpg

tattoo2g.jpg

That's beautiful! Wow! I love it. Great job.

I'm still going to get the History Lyrics on my feet at some point but for now I'm going to concentrate of the back tattoo idea I have, it involves the MJ symbol but I want it personalised.... there's going to be butterflies and stars. why butterflies? Well, of course there's the song (which is one of my favourites) and:-

They are a symbol of change, joy, and color. (There is also an association of Faerie folklore with butterflies.) Their flight appears as dancing, and a reminder not to take things so seriously.

They have a sense of lightness and joy. They are reminders to get up and move, for if you can move you can dance, and dance brings joy.

The butterfly is a powerful symbol for transformation. It leaves the safety of the cocoon in it's new form. This is an excellent image for anyone contemplating, or in the midst of a major change. A butterfly is a strong symbol of metamorphosis, with distinct stages.

The butterfly is a reminder to make changes when the opportunity arises.Change and transformation are inevitable for us all, but it does not have to be traumatic.Butterfly symbolism is also closely tied to the idea of spirits and souls. It has been used in many religions and cultures.

Psyche is the Greek word for both soul and butterfly. The belief was that butterflies were human souls searching for a new reincarnation, which gave the creature uncanny and sometimes ominous connotations. This symbolism was also used in early Christianity as a symbol of the soul. Celts thought that women became pregnant by swallowing butterfly souls. These butterfly-souls flew about seeking a new mother.

I have the idea of it in my head, it's going to be beautiful and colourful... I only wish I could draw so I can show you what I mean. Hopefully by the end of next week I'll have been to a tattoo parloir to draw something up.

Just out of curiousity, can someone recommend a great tattooist in London? Brighton too. If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be most grateful.

Many thanks

Starlight... I have heard really god things about Magnumopus which is in Brighton, also in Brighton a place called INKA is meant to be good too.

I have found these amazing artists in Hammersmith London, but I can't remember the name now, will have to check :)

You're right. But what if we all go to the beach. Then she will see it.

hmmm yes, good point...erm...what about the base of your back and you only wear a one peice swimming costume, not a bikini. Or if she sees it you can say it's temporary, like henna or something. ;)

I got abuse in the tattoo shop today when i went , its crushed me :(

I'm so sorry to hear that! That's awful! :mad: If it was from the staff then that's incredibly unprofessional. If it was from other people getting tattoos then they ought to mind their own! :mad:

... :(

I'm so sorry to hear that! That's awful! :mad: If it was from the staff then that's incredibly unprofessional. If it was from other people getting tattoos then they ought to mind their own! :mad:

... :(

Yeah it was and i got told some unpleasent comments in front of the whole shop :( i just had to day "f**k you" and walk out , got in my car and cried my eyes out. Im sure you can imagine what those shallow people said. The only gratification i had was that they had done my other mj tattoo years ago without realising it was for him

^ i would have messed their place up. seriously. i just always get really mad when people start talking crap about Michael, i get violent!

but hey, don't you cry because of these bastards! you do realize that THEY'RE missing out, don't you? they can go to hell with all their comments!

that is really unprofessional, they lost business so laugh at them. i can think of loads of tattoos ive seen that i think wtf? but its what the person wanted so let them be.
Dont let them put you off getting your tattoo, go get it somewhere else!

Yeah it was and i got told some unpleasent comments in front of the whole shop :( i just had to day "f**k you" and walk out , got in my car and cried my eyes out. Im sure you can imagine what those shallow people said. The only gratification i had was that they had done my other mj tattoo years ago without realising it was for him

That's horrible, I'm so sorry. It's not the tattooist or front shop's place to be so judgemental. They're providing a service not an opinion :mad: Whether they agree with it or not they should keep their opinions to themselves and not hurt your feelings :(

If you can be bothered to deal with them again I'd call up and asked to speak to the owner/manager of the business... tell them the exact day and time this happened, what happened was incredibly unprofessional and who ever said it should be pulled up for it.

Take your business elsewhere, sugar! somewhere much better and far more welcoming and professional .

I can't believe they did that!! That is so unprofessional and is a great way to drive away business. It is absolutely not for them to comment on what you are having done, unless it is to do with the design, etc. I am amazed that they actually had the nerve to make a comment on something like this, considering what some people have done to themselves!

I'm really sorry you had to go through that, I can imagine it would have been awful. :( I hope you can find somewhere else *hugs*

Wow, how very VERY disrespectful!! This is a time where you write in to a newspaper or something and tell them what you have experienced, so that others know not to waste their time or money going to such a tacky and classless shop!!

Your MJ tattoos are beautiful! I have 2 tattoos that are not MJ related, I love him and all but I don't think an MJ tattoo is right for me. I am saving the rest of the 'good spots' on my body for tattoos of my (someday) children's names. LOL

If I was going to get an MJ tattoo I would think of maybe something to do with his feet, or his glove or hat...those are always something I think of when I think of MJ.

Back