This is amazing, people talking about working with Michael. Must read.

Maybe it's been posted here before, but it's VERY worth it to post it again. Cause this is for both fans and non fans a must read. So awesome. People who worked with Michael on several of his albums talk about him and his working ways.His personality, their opinion on the ridiculous allegations...this right here is real talk. Just when you think you know how good and generous he really was...you find out that he was even more than that.

I heard Bruce Swedien's book was not really worth it...but if that book had been like this, i would have bought it right away. Go read this.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-m...-worked-michael-jacksons-dangerous-album.html

few quotes..

We recorded a Christmas song during the summer of '94 that needed a children's choir. Michael insisted that the entire studio be decorated with xmas lights, tree, fake snow and a sled for their recording. And he bought presents for everyone.

At one point Michael was angry at one of the producers on the project because he was treating everyone terribly. Rather than create a scene or fire the guy, Michael called him to his office/lounge and one of the security guys threw a pie in his face. No further action was needed . . . . .

Once, while we were taking a break, I think we were actually watching the OJ chase on TV, there was a news program talking about him being in Europe with some little boy. I was sitting next to the guy while the news is making this crap up. He just looked at me and said this is what I have to deal with.

This is second hand information.... I have a friend who worked with MJ about 10 years ago and he mentioned that you would not understand the talent this guy had until you worked with him. He also said that his voice was powerful enough to break microphones. In fact, I believe (I'm not positive) he said Mike broke one.

thank you so much! Bruce's book is wonderful... I've read it from cover to cover (though he does asskiss Quincy quite a bit toward the end :p) but what he writes of Michael's work and talent is worth reading.

Maybe it's been posted here before, but it's VERY worth it to post it again. Cause this is for both fans and non fans a must read. So awesome. People who worked with Michael on several of his albums talk about him and his working ways.His personality, their opinion on the ridiculous allegations...this right here is real talk. Just when you think you know how good and generous he really was...you find out that he was even more than that.

I heard Bruce Swedien's book was not really worth it...but if that book had been like this, i would have bought it right away. Go read this.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-m...-worked-michael-jacksons-dangerous-album.html

Thank you for posting this. I think I've heard some of these tibits before but I'm reading the entire thread now.

While on Youtube, i saw this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg-Y3Lko4g8&feature=related

I never saw the footage of MJ performing Bad and kids dancing next to him..how awesome is that. OR...the end of Another part of me..he does a move i had NEVER seen before.

yeah, everybody's posting BAD tour stuff on youtube now! and some of it is in unbelievably pristine HQ -- like the Yokohoma concert. I am so goddanged addicted right now I can't tell you!! keep scouring youtube for BAD stuff every day!

"After MJ's passing, Gotham Chopra claimed he helped Jackson write lyrics and Michael paid him a few thousands each time. Here are his exact words :
"Eventually, Michael and I would get down to work. He was working on a new album and asked me to help him write lyrics for songs. It was an informal relationship - I'd wander downtown with a backpack full of dictionaries, and thesauri, and rhyming books. Michael would hum songs and talk about what he wanted to say with the song and we'd try and marry our skillsets and come up with something. We came up with great stuff. Michael swore me to secrecy those days. I happily complied. After we were done with those sessions - they'd usually go until about 2 AM or so - Michael would wander into the bathroom and come out with a sack he'd pulled out from under the toilet. In it, he kept several thousands of dollars. He'd ask me how much I wanted. I just sort of shrugged and he'd hand me a couple of thousand dollars."
Since Gotham Chopra met Michael around 1988 and went on tour with him in 1992, I guess this was happening in the Dangerous days, but I can't be absolutely sure. This brings me to the album BAD. On this record, Michael is said to have written 9 of the 11 songs. Here is my question : did he use ghost writers ?"

"the Chopra thing doesn't sound right. Michael properly saw himself as a great writer after "Billie Jean" and had no need to seek songs or writers. He was fastidious about any outsiders and the possibility of getting sued. i once watched him spy an unknown cassette on the console on which was written the name of a (famous) writer and the name of a song. He eyed it like a spooked horse, stepped aside, and walked to the other side of the console without coming within 5 feet of the alien tape."
Bill Bottrell

I didn't believe a word Chopra said. I'm glad I've read this. :)

This thread is filled with treasures!!!

I'm so happy I've read/watched the stuff you guys posted, really great!! :)

Michael sure was a unique guy...in all ways...

few quotes..

We recorded a Christmas song during the summer of '94 that needed a children's choir. Michael insisted that the entire studio be decorated with xmas lights, tree, fake snow and a sled for their recording. And he bought presents for everyone.

At one point Michael was angry at one of the producers on the project because he was treating everyone terribly. Rather than create a scene or fire the guy, Michael called him to his office/lounge and one of the security guys threw a pie in his face. No further action was needed . . . . .

Once, while we were taking a break, I think we were actually watching the OJ chase on TV, there was a news program talking about him being in Europe with some little boy. I was sitting next to the guy while the news is making this crap up. He just looked at me and said this is what I have to deal with.

This is second hand information.... I have a friend who worked with MJ about 10 years ago and he mentioned that you would not understand the talent this guy had until you worked with him. He also said that his voice was powerful enough to break microphones. In fact, I believe (I'm not positive) he said Mike broke one.

Thank you for posting that link! I'll be reading that thread for a few days. :)

thanx for the post i have never read it... but with other ppl now that just start talking about how they worked with michael I think they just say that to get publicity :(

/\ That was really a great read. thanks so much for posting. I love hearing from those who worked with Michael or were close to him. I miss MJ.

Thanks for posting this, it was fun to read!

“Michael hates doing playback sessions, where we play the new album mixes for the record label bigwigs. Michael’s then-managers talked him into attending the one held for the Sony executives to hear the HIStory album for the first time at Larrabee North Studios in Hollywood. When the last note sounded, all these geniuses from the label simply got up and left the studio without saying a word. No applause, no comment, no reaction. Michael said to me, with tears in his eyes, ‘I’ll never do this again.’”

Ugh, poor Michael!

Back