'THIS IS IT' - exactly same as "I NEVER HEARD" sang by Safire in 1991?

It is like Sa-Fire's version because Michael Jackson and Paul Anka wrote it, and she could use it

This Is It by MJ and Safire is also similar to T'Pau's Heart & Soul

The rhythm of this song is also so similar to Heart & Soul by T'Pau, especially the beginning where you can hear the background music, don't you think?? WTH? :blink:

T'Pau: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJK7dMSd31k

Safire: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCV1h40oS0o

I wonder if MJ had anything to do with this song by T'Pau as well?? Any good fan investigators here? lol

Last edited:
Why does $ony wants to treat us like idiots!!!!!!???????? :angry: Why does they screw Michael's Legacy????
MICHAEL DOESN'T DESERVE IT!!
MOTHER FUCKERS!!!!

Its not bad that some prefer them to Michael. Michael's is unfinished but still worth listening to.

Again i say. If you want something done take it into your own hands. IE Wrote to Sony Tell them exactly what you think, Leave all your politeness behind but word it in a way they will get the point. You the fans are not happy with what we were given. Show them that this song has been recorded and released before Michael. Don't sit back and let them walk all over you. Michael Didn't he fought for what was right. Michael would have never let a song that was unfinished be released. Write to them and show them we, like Michael, don't take no shit.

SMDH THE DEVILS IS REALLY WORKING. Michael made the song hott but shame on sony thats how they do artist especially the dead ones make millions off them

Am I a bad fan since I like Safire's version better? *ducks and hides*
Their sound mixing is much better. The good thing with the MJ version is MJ's vocals. Too bad Sony did this...
I wonder if there will be remixes in the future combining the MJ vocals with Safire's version...? Fans would do a better job in remixing and polishing this track... Shame...

well..no...i despise the safire version. i couldn't even get through to the end of it. but i have MJ's version on repeat.

Oh i love michaels version , really loves his voice the emotion he puts into it, the safire version lacks emotion. no comparison .

So you've never heard In The Back or Fall Again or Beautiful Girl, then??

Personally, I think all 3 of those tracks - even in their demo forms *sound* superior to TII. That's not to say I prefer their content, but TII sounds - even after a Sony remix - more in line with the early Dangerous demo from TUC, where the mic stand falls over and they leave it in!!

I guess this could just be because ITB, FA and BG are all 00's demos whereas TII and Dangerous are late 80s, I just expected Sony to do a better 'clean up' with the mix for such a big release.

This is Insane. Its not a new song. Damn, the first time i heard this song was yesterday since i marked on the calendar as a reminder that new song is releasing. To me it almost sounded like Michael doing an acapella and background music added on after.

^ The original demo was only sang with a piano present, so sort of acapella. That's why it sounds so raw. The background music has been added, plus the orchestra and his brother's backing vocals. It was an incomplete track, simply a demo, and Sony have worked on it from there.

Last edited:
Hey you guys!

I was very busy the past few days, so didn't have time to visit the forum, but I was dying to do so this whole time, cuz I wanted to talk about "This is it" with you guys!

The moment I heard it I knew it was MJ, but many years ago!
His voice sounds so young, listen to his counting in the beginning.
And just like you said, it's not finished! Some tones aren't pitched very well etc.

I am indeed very glad that we have something from Mike, but I think he never wanted this. He was such a perfectionist, he would never wanna bring out anything that isn't finished yet........:(

I just hate it that people now think that is what he's been up to the last months.....

Still love every new thing I hear from him, but still.

Hey you guys!

I was very busy the past few days, so didn't have time to visit the forum, but I was dying to do so this whole time, cuz I wanted to talk about "This is it" with you guys!

The moment I heard it I knew it was MJ, but many years ago!
His voice sounds so young, listen to his counting in the beginning.
And just like you said, it's not finished! Some tones aren't pitched very well etc.

I am indeed very glad that we have something from Mike, but I think he never wanted this. He was such a perfectionist, he would never wanna bring out anything that isn't finished yet........:(

I just hate it that people now think that is what he's been up to the last months.....

Still love every new thing I hear from him, but still.

YUP i agree.

i agree with much of what has been said - you can so tell this is old and most definitely in demo form - the vocals are not crisp and clear and as Charlotte says - he was a perfectionist and would never have allowed this to go out.

Having said that we are all desperate to have something, anything from him and we are forced by Sony to accept this. I am ashamed to say I will put cash in their pockets because I want to buy the album but I am sorely pissed with them about it!

shamonegifs210.gif

RUSHED to listen to the new song and then.....
Seriously, Sony?
Bah.
I still like the song...but I'm shaking my head at Sony.

why is everything such an issue.. the man is gone.. dead...murdered...

stop with the complaining ........the complaints were non-stop when he was alive... with some people only posting when they want to bitch about this and that...

the song is beautiful.........his voice is excellent... half the world have never heard the song.. and it will be #1....whether he wrote it 24Jun09 or in 1991.......it is still Michael...

good grief...........

Wasn't Michaels supposed to sing it at the O2 50 concerts????

I know Sony are just after money but this might be the only Michael Jackson song called "This is it".

This demo might also be for Safire, who then just sang it exactly like the demo (with the addition to her own music).

Very puzzling stuff but I guess that Michael might of liked the song himself and wanted it for the theme for the concerts (but only to be sung at the 50 concerts and not released on CD or MP3).

The whole point about this is Sony, they promised too much and they wanted to create great expectation with an old song, when obviously the whole world was in expectation with some new song....dunno
I love anything about Michael and his voice but I guess at this moment I could feel more identified with his more ''grown-up'', '2000-09' voice.

i agree with much of what has been said - you can so tell this is old and most definitely in demo form - the vocals are not crisp and clear and as Charlotte says - he was a perfectionist and would never have allowed this to go out.

Having said that we are all desperate to have something, anything from him and we are forced by Sony to accept this. I am ashamed to say I will put cash in their pockets because I want to buy the album but I am sorely pissed with them about it!

Same here, Di, and I got one for my nephew too.

Wasn't Michaels supposed to sing it at the O2 50 concerts????

I know Sony are just after money but this might be the only Michael Jackson song called "This is it".

This demo might also be for Safire, who then just sang it exactly like the demo (with the addition to her own music).

Very puzzling stuff but I guess that Michael might of liked the song himself and wanted it for the theme for the concerts (but only to be sung at the 50 concerts and not released on CD or MP3).

I heard on the news that he was supposed to sing This Is It for you all in the UK! I love the song.

stop complaining, its not like michael is gonna come back and do another song.

When did you even get promised to get a new song from 2009? Sometimes you fans are a bit... crazy.

Regardless we have been hoodwinked!! 4 s**ty demos an an old song that is a demo for someone else with This is it in the lyrics. Damny you sony!!! First the movie now the soundtrack and now this!!!

why is everything such an issue.. the man is gone.. dead...murdered...

stop with the complaining ........the complaints were non-stop when he was alive... with some people only posting when they want to bitch about this and that...

the song is beautiful.........his voice is excellent... half the world have never heard the song.. and it will be #1....whether he wrote it 24Jun09 or in 1991.......it is still Michael...

good grief...........

+1

Good post. Enjoy the song for what it is - new material from the man we love. Will anyone ever be satisfieD?

^ I don't like the idea than Michael wouldn't have wanted it to be released, that's all.

Geez. I've changed my mind anyway, I won't buy the album. I still prefer Michael's version though. He's voice is so beautiful even though it's just a demo.

^ I don't like the idea than Michael wouldn't have wanted it to be released, that's all.

Geez. I've changed my mind anyway, I won't buy the album. I still prefer Michael's version though. He's voice is so beautiful even though it's just a demo.

I think the part in bold is something we can all agree on.

Back