This is IT!!!!

I wonder if anything will happen between now and July when the concerts begin? I hope that he releases a new song at least by then. It would really be great to see him perform new material.

Well I can see how you and some others interpreted like that, but he also said that this was "The final curtain call" which leads to me to believe that he is in fact retiring soon, but I hope i'm wrong. We'll see what happens...............

"The final curtain call" in London (!)

But with Michael, you can never know...

i'm worried about what he said "this is it" does it means he will never ever tour again? he said this is the last for london or something like that...is it just for london or all over the world??? >"< i'm from indonesia and i'm in China now....

and i never been to his concert ever,i've been waiting for 13 years....HELP!! is there any possibility to know where and how to buy ticket for overseas fans??

On the news here in Los Angeles, they said the London shows may not be his last shows. Supposedly a source close to Michael said that he is going to take the concert to other countries. I find it hard to believe that he would only do his final shows in London and nowhere else. I think if the shows are a success then there will be a demand from people to want to see him through out the rest of the world. Michael has been known to do concerts in one place to iron out any kinks or logistic issues that might come up before he takes the show on a major tour around the world. I'm happy for him. And he did look good.

There is new music! I am sure of that. Cuz on cnn they showed an interview with a guy(manager) who is organizing the shows forgot his name.... He said that he heard the couple of new new songs from mj and he said they were incredible!!!!!! And thats the reason why he is michael jackson!!/

why would the ceo or manager ...cant remember (haha) lie???????

Last edited:
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/showbiz/2009/03/05/shubert.michael.jackson.cnn?iref=videosearch

hell ya check this feed out

right from the promoter's (randy phillips) mouth!!!!

"he's gonna do all the hits, with fabulous new production...that we're in the process of designing, there will be a couple of new songs, new music, which i've heard. And its spectacular, there's a reason he's the king of pop"

yea thats what i heard too ,maybe you can put this in the official news thread,or create a thred for it. So fans would stop nagging a bit.

Of course he has other things on his mind. The greatest entertainer of all time is bowing out of the spotlight. It must be difficult to face your fans and announce that you are retiring from what you have loved doing for your entire life.

I just pray that the music doesn't stop. He doesn't have to wow me anymore with the glitz and the glamour. I just want to hear him sing. I hope he keeps dazzling with his voice or continues to contribute to the industry in some form…

I'm with you all the way on this one. There will NEVER be another voice like MJs ever.:cheers:

MICHAEL u better come to australia!!!!!! dont forget us down here :(
See now im confussed.

I'm from aus too and was willing to go to London just to see him because this is it, no more performances from him ever and I have never seen him so I was willing to travel 42 hrs, pay 2,000 or more on airfares + accomadation + tickets!!!

If Michael then announces a world tour ill be very annoyed because he was so persistant with his "THIS IS IT" logan.

I will also be very annoyed if I book/pay all flights/accomadation and if he would canel a concert. He has to think of the fans spending money to travel a longgggggg way to see him.

i really feel for u because, i would be so annoyed to travel such a long way and the show gets canceled. you would have wasted so much of your money.
i'm just hoping everythings fine and he does all 10 shows:)

I bounced around all day waiting for the conference. I watched CNN and saw him leave his hotel, which I made this funny lil noise when he finally emerged. And when the press conference itself finally started I was ecstatic... Then he comes out and says "This is it, my final curtain call" My heart shattered. I am hoping that AEG is right in saying that the 10 concerts in London are just the beginning, and a tour is to follow. There is no way I can get to London in July.

As to the way he looked. He did look healthy, which made me happy, but like some others have said, something didn't feel right. To me it seemed like he didn't even want to be there. I think his heart is elsewhere these days... He has said in the past that while he loves making music, he doesn't like to tour, and he has never planned on making music for the rest of his life.
I wish Michael all the best in his concerts at the O2, and like I said I hope there's something of a tour, at least one date in the US.

I was confused to. I think he's retiring from the stage.
He'll keep doing music, but he won't preform on stage anymore.
He's got his children to take care of. I'll wait to see what he say next before I say anything else. :yes:

I've changed my mind now. After AEG said it was a three year deal, this may be his last set of shows. Maybe he'll do London, then New York and then, somewhere else. Then that'll be his last. Thats if it all goes to plan. Michael has a record for not following through with these one off shows.

See now im confussed.

I'm from aus too and was willing to go to London just to see him because this is it, no more performances from him ever and I have never seen him so I was willing to travel 42 hrs, pay 2,000 or more on airfares + accomadation + tickets!!!

If Michael then announces a world tour ill be very annoyed because he was so persistant with his "THIS IS IT" logan.

I will also be very annoyed if I book/pay all flights/accomadation and if he would canel a concert. He has to think of the fans spending money to travel a longgggggg way to see him.

Yeah, thats what makes me think he will do his final performances in other countries too... coz he must be thinkin about how his fans would have to spend so much money and travel so far and take leave from work to go to london. i think he's already thought about that coz he loves his fans, well i really hope hes thought about that...

And about ur dilemma, since u are willing to do all that, i think you should try to go and not risk it. If he does announce that hes doing a world tour then u can be happy that u get to see him more than once :)

I personally do not believe that Michael is going to just do 10 shows in London and that is it. He knows that fans from all over the world cannot just up and leave everything and trek to London. I believe his words were "These will be my last shows, in London", and the way he gave the intonation to the last bit, means that they aren't his last shows altogether - that's just my take on what he said. Then to have the AEG guy basically confirm this, makes me even more confident that he will put his 'final curtain call' shows on in several places all over the world INCLUDING AUSTRALIA (PLEASE MICHAEL!!!!!!!!)

Last edited:
Tink, if u really really wanna go to london and u think u'll be able to make it
i say I GO FOR IT!!!
Even if he does come to australia..hey at least u will get to seem him again :D

I just came to a decision. When Mr. Jackson first came out saying that this was the "Final curtain call", I'll be honest, I was devastated at the thought that this might be the last we'd ever see Michael Jackson. Whether or not that's what he meant, I don't know, and I'll only end up driving myself even crazier trying to guess or assume. I've noticed the man has a reputation for being uh... unpredictable:smilerolleyes: But either way, I've decided to stop freaking out about it and enjoy the ride that's about to come . Michael Jackson, the greatest entertainer the world has ever seen is BACK. And whether or not it'll be just for 10 shows or a whole world tour, it will ROCK:punk:

I just came to a decision. When Mr. Jackson first came out saying that this was the "Final curtain call", I'll be honest, I was devastated at the thought that this might be the last we'd ever see Michael Jackson. Whether or not that's what he meant, I don't know, and I'll only end up driving myself even crazier trying to guess or assume. I've noticed the man has a reputation for being uh... unpredictable:smilerolleyes: But either way, I've decided to stop freaking out about it and enjoy the ride that's about to come . Michael Jackson, the greatest entertainer the world has ever seen is BACK. And whether or not it'll be just for 10 shows or a whole world tour, it will ROCK:punk:

Well said!

Michael, cancelling concerts...I just don't think it's going to happen. Not only will they be sellouts, but he'll be under contract for millions of pounds, if he cancels, what would happen?? Need someone to clear this up for me! :s

I was talking to some people and they were like he's might cancel his shows and etc. I just hope he doesn't cancel anything!

Back