This is IT!!!!

can some1 start a meet up thread for the concerts in july?

H maybe 'THIS IS IT' will be the "NEW SONG"!?
He could SO make it a number one song ^_^

Guys I think he will perform again as long as he thinks he can still do it, he is testing himself in London, and will perhaps do a few other shows in other countries. Come back to America Mike, I also believe that there will be more than 10 shows in London because it will be sold out each night.

10 in july then another announcement that another 10 will be scheduled for august, im tellin ya!

:lol:
The way you wrote "I'm tellin' ya" just reminded me of Chris Tucker for some reason.
I can't quite place from where though :unsure:

H maybe 'THIS IS IT' will be the "NEW SONG"!?
He could SO make it a number one song ^_^

good idea but i think its a farewell Britain concert and no other country has gotten a farewell 10 gig show like england has

When he was saying that this was it..he was saying "these are going to be my last show performances in london because..." and then the fans cut him off...I really really wanted to hear what he had to say for a reason..

I don't think anyone here knows what Michael is planning beyond these 10 shows. Going by AEG's President, Michael signed a long term contract which will yeild him a hell of a lot of money and which will see these shows extended to other parts of the world. This is Michael's first step back in to the lime light, his first attempt at actually performing, in any capacity, in nearly a decade, and he want's to see what the response is, obviously. And obviously, the response is going to be MASSIVE. I'm sure in fact that Michael is going to continue to perform beyond these ten shows. You'll see. So many people, even his fans, doubted he would step back on stage ever again, let alone this year. Why? Because they didn't hear about what was going on or have an inside line. No one knew this was happening. But obviously it's been happening for a long, long time now, and they've JUST made it public. Michael likes to play everything close to the chest and be mysterious, that's part of what made him the biggest star in history. So let's just be happy he's doing this. I'm there. I don't care what it takes to get there. I'm there. And after he blows everyone's mind's in London and show's how pathetic all the imitators truly are, then we'll see what happens. Rejoice people, the greatest entertainer in the history of the world is BACK!

I like your post, the more I think of it the more I think that Michael really is up to something. He's ALWAYS up to something. He's a prankster too, he loves to joke! LOL I think Michael is joking us trying to make us think he's retiring tho I could very well see him retiring after this new album and series of shows... hmmmm who knows, it's MICHAEL JACKSON and THIS IS IT.

The curtain is now getting ready to go UP!!!! Get those dancin' shoes out, people!!! Curtain caaaaaaalllllllllllll..... :lol:

Michael, you got us SO AMPED!!! :clapping: :wub:

A few minutes ago, michael just made the announcement! Its official. LONDON SHOW IN JULY. This will be his last performance EVER in London.

Im the 1st to say this.

EVERYTHING IS OFFICIAL AS IT CAME FROM MJ's MOUTH.
yep. that's when it's official. when it comes from MJ's mouth. and when he puts his fist up in the air, and puts the hammer down, like he did on that stage..lol

I don't think anyone here knows what Michael is planning beyond these 10 shows. Going by AEG's President, Michael signed a long term contract which will yeild him a hell of a lot of money and which will see these shows extended to other parts of the world. This is Michael's first step back in to the lime light, his first attempt at actually performing, in any capacity, in nearly a decade, and he want's to see what the response is, obviously. And obviously, the response is going to be MASSIVE. I'm sure in fact that Michael is going to continue to perform beyond these ten shows. You'll see. So many people, even his fans, doubted he would step back on stage ever again, let alone this year. Why? Because they didn't hear about what was going on or have an inside line. No one knew this was happening. But obviously it's been happening for a long, long time now, and they've JUST made it public. Michael likes to play everything close to the chest and be mysterious, that's part of what made him the biggest star in history. So let's just be happy he's doing this. I'm there. I don't care what it takes to get there. I'm there. And after he blows everyone's mind's in London and show's how pathetic all the imitators truly are, then we'll see what happens. Rejoice people, the greatest entertainer in the history of the world is BACK!

lol.. love it, everyone else should just take a step back now.

It's been good being Michael's unofficial spokesman today for once... lol.\
Normally people ask me about crappy rumours.. but i back their story up and smile :)

I do hope he has a few dates in the U.S., even one or two here in Canada. Please don't forget about us here Mike...we love ya too. Given the fact that it's a three year deal, it sounds like a long time to be touring etc,. but if this holds true, I can certainly saw he'll be doing a lot of shows in the U.S.....I can't see him leaving his main land out. :yes:

God, this is so exciting, I can't wait.

I feel a little better now... considering that it's going to be more than the London shows, and there's is more to the plan that just London. :) I'm excited, and hoping for the best as always. And I keep watching videos, and the teasers... especially the video, a longer one, posted on AEG Live's Youtube channel..

AHHH :woohoo::woohoo::wub:!!

I will try my bestest to get 1 measly ticket for myself, but the site is gonna be overloaded when they go on general sale :(

Hoping for the best and good luck to everyone else in getting a ticket :cheeky:

Unfortunately, I won't be able to go, I'll be lucky if I can go to another state let alone England. :(

That's why I'm praying that what I'm thinking is true. That these are his final performances in London, not Period!! He has to perform in the U,S somewhere.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to go, I'll be lucky if I can go to another state let alone England. :(

That's why I'm praying that what I'm thinking is true. That these are his final performances in London, not Period!! He has to perform in the U,S somewhere.

Randy Phillips, president and chief executive of AEG Live, told The Times that the ten London concerts would mark the first step of a three-year tour and the release of a new album. He said: “Surviving the press conference was the first step. We’ve a three-year plan for Michael Jackson and if it all goes well we will gross $400 million (£280 million) in total.”

He confirmed that the singer could earn “probably something pretty close to” £50 million for the London shows. Future tours are likely to involve trips to New York, Paris and Mumbai.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article5854735.ece

it can still happen! :cheeky:

sasha you crack me up girl. lol your enthusiasm!

You guys I'm really starting to think that these tickets are gonna go faster then cake at a 5yrs b-day party. Think about it the numbers here...there are over 7mill (and im sure there are at least 200,000 mj fans) in london and only 200,000 tickets can be sold, then add in the fact that everybody and their momma from around the world is gonna be trying to get tickets. 200,000 ppl just ain't enough.lol

Michael has to do 10 shows and only 200,000 will get to watch. Now wouldn't have been easier on michael and accomodated WAY more fans if say he would have played on say 2 or 3 nights (90,000ppl x 3= 270,000ppl) at wembley stadium? Just a thought:2cents:

well..it's probably about something acoustically perfect. an outdoor arena may or may not be acoustically perfect. and maybe MJ wants a real bang up thing here. lol..maybe less fans, but one hell of an enjoyable experience, then youtube and other media can pick it up from there.

and of course, we don't know what the future holds beyond o2.

speaking of babies at a birthday party..

normally a baby pays attention to his or her parent when everybody is screaming for somebody on stage. but during that press conference, there was a baby in someone's arms, that was actually looking at the stage and screaming and applauding for MJ and reaching out an arm for MJ along with everybody else!! that says it all!! lol

^LOL I saw that too! That baby was SO cute! :hysterical::lol:

wannabe so you are defo trying to go right? to london that is.

Yeah. I don't think this is going to be Michael's last stage performances, but I don't want to risk it either, you know. I've never seen Michael perform and to me, he's the greatest that ever was, and I'm gonna get there. And I'm dragging my family with me! lol.

lol.. love it, everyone else should just take a step back now.

It's been good being Michael's unofficial spokesman today for once... lol.\
Normally people ask me about crappy rumours.. but i back their story up and smile :)

lol, I know. I've been running around just popping my mouth off to everyone about this. I've got my family almost as amped up as I am, lol.

Michael's gonna do more shows, I'm sure of it. I think this is just an initial test and run. I gotta see it though man. It's been my dream to see this man perform live. They always say that video doesn't do him justice and I believe it. I wanna see him tear up that stage for the first time in a long time. This is just over the top exciting!

sasha you crack me up girl. lol your enthusiasm!

You guys I'm really starting to think that these tickets are gonna go faster then cake at a 5yrs b-day party. Think about it the numbers here...there are over 7mill (and im sure there are at least 200,000 mj fans) in london and only 200,000 tickets can be sold, then add in the fact that everybody and their momma from around the world is gonna be trying to get tickets. 200,000 ppl just ain't enough.lol

Michael has to do 10 shows and only 200,000 will get to watch. Now wouldn't have been easier on michael and accomodated WAY more fans if say he would have played on say 2 or 3 nights (90,000ppl x 3= 270,000ppl) at wembley stadium? Just a thought:2cents:

Man, these tickets are going to be gone in a matter of seconds. Believe it. You gotta be ready if you want to get in.

Also, to add, I don't think Michael would have his final fair well concert in the UK, he was born in the USA, he should end it there *personally, Gary Indiana Fair Well concert was how I pictured any sort of thing like this, if it ever happened*
Good point. I was thinking the same earlier today.

Like some people already said, I think he's testing the waters with the 10-day concerts and there will be more dates added after that.

"this is it" cud very well mean that this is it as in this is the event of the year of the century this is it. doesnt mean his career is over

he meant there will be no performance of him ANYWHERE in the whole world?

RIGHT?

though it is so easy to take a sentence and for us to interpret it, all he really said was, that...this is it. the final curtain call. last shows in london.

those were his only words. i guess we can say there is something beyond london..or..not. but, all we really can do is read what he said. and take it at face value. he didn't have to say 'in london'. but he did. but, even at that, we still don't really know, what's in the future. the safest thing to say is no more in london after this. from there we can go into cadences etc..lol..i guess there is a thread on the interpretations of the statement. lol.

the safest thing to say is he said 'final curtain call..in london'. and again, he didn't have to say 'in london'. so..i can hope there is something outside of london in the future. but i surely cannot guarantee that. but i cannot guarantee there won't be something outside of london either. no one knows what the future holds. not even MJ. but, still..we have no clue what's in MJ's mind, even at the moment something enters his mind.

so..i guess..all we are left with, beyond london...is hope.

and..of course..i'm working on making it to london. lol

When I first saw MJ yesterday saying "This Is It" - the only thing that I was sure he's trying to say behind those 3 words is: 'dear fans, this is the moment that you all waited for... no more waiting... I came back now... this is it".

And the name of this "logo" (I don't know how to call it...) also was - "This Is It".

If Michael was saying "That's It" - it was sound not good at all...

So I'm not so sure that he's retiring... maybe he just was specific about London (like he said).
But who knows?...

Michael full of surprises...

I think we should call him: "The King Of Surprises". LOL

Well I can see how you and some others interpreted like that, but he also said that this was "The final curtain call" which leads to me to believe that he is in fact retiring soon, but I hope i'm wrong. We'll see what happens...............

Back