This is IT!!!!

I don't think Michael can stop making music. Maybe stop performing.. but music is his thing. And what about all those people that said they were working with Mike? ...I really hope this is not the end of everything. Maybe the end of performing and running around the world, but surely he could give us a CD every once in a while?
Michael is a legend. And legends can't just go away.

I think he just announced his final shows IN LONDON. Theres nothing more to it IMO.

He is not in front of that many people as much anymore. Im sure he was very emotional as well.

I love how reacted when he said "THIS IS IT..THS IS IT"..love him :wub:

Why do people say he wants to retire!? he just said it would be his last Concert/s in London! We all know he is not keen on ongoing performances!

It's so messed up. He wasn't rly clear about his lasts concerts in LONDON or just, his last concert :s?

Last edited:
I think tickets start being sold March 13, 7am?
On michaeljackson.com?? I think.

I wish he had been more clear/direct about this whole thing, so that we didn't have to still wonder what he was doing.

“THIS IS IT”
HISTORY IN THE MAKING AS THE KING OF POP
MICHAEL JACKSON
PERFORMS IN LONDON FOR THE LAST TIME
*10 shows at the O2 Arena in London
Starting July 8th

(London, March 5, 2009) –The King of Pop returns to reign over London this summer.

Michael Jackson has announced today that he is returning to the stage for a historic 10 shows at the O2 Arena performing in London for the last time.* The King of Pop performs his greatest hits for the event of the summer, the concerts of 2009 and the decade’s hottest gigs. This really is ‘It’!

One of the most eagerly awaited returns to the stage of all time, Michael Jackson has not played a series of concerts since he last toured 12 years ago. These dramatic shows promise an explosive return with a band of the highest calibre, state-of-the-art stage show and incredible surprise support acts.

“I am coming to London to play the songs my fans want to hear.” – Michael Jackson

Opening with 10 nights at the O2 Arena on July 8th. Ticket price £75 / £65 / £50 + booking fees

“We are delighted to facilitate the return of The King of Pop, long may he reign! Michael at The 02 this summer will surely be the highlight of the musical year. When Michael Jackson performs, the eyes of the World will be watching. Look out for an International flavour to the audience, as this will be his only concerts in the WORLD this year!” -Rob Hallett, President International Touring, AEG Live.

Starting today visit www.MichaelJacksonLive.com or text ‘MJ’ to 81707 for your chance to join the presale. Text costs 10p to 12p dependent on network. UK only.

Tickets go on sale to the public at 7am Friday, March 13th and will be available through www.MichaelJacksonLive.com

An exclusive new Michael Jackson video showcasing his electric performances over the years will make a record breaking debut on Sunday, March 8th at 9:30pm on ITV. Michael Jackson will be the only artist ever to take over an entire ad break.

Note To Editors

One of the world’s most popular entertainers Michael Jackson has sold over 750*million units worldwide and is one of very few artists to be inducted twice into the US Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The Guinness Book of World Records has recognised Michael Jackson as the Most Successful Entertainer of All Time and Thriller as The Biggest Selling Album of All Time. Jackson won 13 Grammy Awards and received the American Music Award’s Artist of the Century Award.

Source: AEG Live

These may be his last shows in London, may be his last shows worldwide..

Who knows what will happen.

I am exited about the posibility of seeing him live and going to London (one of my favorite places).

He looked strong, healthy and was totally sweet towards his fans.

My take on MJ's announcement...........

'This Is It' - is on the posters and was on the venue. I think it may be the name or theme of the show as well as what MJ was saying - so sorta a double meaning.

I like to look at the glass as half full so I'm thinking, they want to make sure these shows sell out and def don't want to say anything like how many shows are possible or what other places in the world 'could' be involved.

Michael's show will, no doubt, be a big production (hopefully the best ever) and will take time to put together, and I can't see all that work for 10 or even 30 shows BUT that's just me hoping he'll eventually come to the USA!! lol

Still - very positive overall and time will tell.............. :timer:

Definition of Curtain Call:

The appearance of performers or a performer at the end of a performance to receive applause from the audience.

Putting this into context regarding Michael Jackson I would read this as:

These are the 10 final performances coming at the end of his live musical career in awknowledgement of his prolifical career and music success.

:2cents:

My take on it is that these will be his last performances in the U.K. Ever. Nothing more and nothing less. He got a little choked up during the conference, which explains why he seemed a bit of. He seems to really like England and probably loves the crowds which is why he was emotional telling us this will be his last time performing here.

I think the MJ announcing his retirement thing was just made up, and we have gotten so used to everything turning out to be true over the past few days that we have forgotten that things can still be made up. Or perhaps someone misinterpreted what he said.

Nothing more to it! We will have our final chance to see him over here in the UK this July!

whatever it may be: im just so tearfully happy that mike is back :D :wild:

I will not rest until it says I have sucessfully bought my tickets on a screen in front of me :| I need to calm down until Wednesday. Im sure a lot of you are the same.

For me, as a person in a positive frame of mind, like some people are, I'm just so happy to see him eager to perform at all. I really am reading this as his last shows in the UK rather then in the world, cause he would have said : "IN THE WORLD" in the sentence I would think. He wouldn't have specifically said in the UK. Also I have a theory... that him saying that is just a way to sell even more tickets then before (for the none hardcore fans, I believe)

Also, to add, I don't think Michael would have his final fair well concert in the UK, he was born in the USA, he should end it there *personally, Gary Indiana Fair Well concert was how I pictured any sort of thing like this, if it ever happened*

Personally, us US fans, I'd calm down and just breath personally. Again it's just me.

Re: This was it.

What do you mean the new fans wont get it? I have only been a fan for 5 years and completely get it. I dont like what you just said. Michael Jackson means a hell of a lot to my life and him retiring will likely be one of the saddest days of my life.

I'm refering to the young bucks who think Mike should pierce his ears, get tattoos, wear a tank top and go cut a hip hop album with T-Pain.

Like he's gonna start his career all over.

That's what I'm referring to (not to you).

It's the flavor of fan that doesn't know Michael or the image or the example that he leads by. Or the legacy he was building up until just a short while ago.

The Mike we see today, is SHUTTING IT DOWN.

Which is really sad. For all of us (young, old and all those in between).

I don't think anyone here knows what Michael is planning beyond these 10 shows. Going by AEG's President, Michael signed a long term contract which will yeild him a hell of a lot of money and which will see these shows extended to other parts of the world. This is Michael's first step back in to the lime light, his first attempt at actually performing, in any capacity, in nearly a decade, and he want's to see what the response is, obviously. And obviously, the response is going to be MASSIVE. I'm sure in fact that Michael is going to continue to perform beyond these ten shows. You'll see. So many people, even his fans, doubted he would step back on stage ever again, let alone this year. Why? Because they didn't hear about what was going on or have an inside line. No one knew this was happening. But obviously it's been happening for a long, long time now, and they've JUST made it public. Michael likes to play everything close to the chest and be mysterious, that's part of what made him the biggest star in history. So let's just be happy he's doing this. I'm there. I don't care what it takes to get there. I'm there. And after he blows everyone's mind's in London and show's how pathetic all the imitators truly are, then we'll see what happens. Rejoice people, the greatest entertainer in the history of the world is BACK!

remember he hates to tour! lol so the last shows in london. check out the way he says it...specific like he won't do anything there but who's to say he won'tgoto england or to brisbane or nyc or las vegas? lol very specific in the words

Saw the report on AH and while it was a little disappointing to see in their graphic that it said "J.acko Backo" and hearing billy say it aswell considering he got to meet michael 3 years ago but other than that it was nice and billy and shaun robinson said that they would go.

bad tour 1988 "this will be my last tour".....2009 "these will be my last shows IN LONDON"

Sure his quote maybe a bit ambiguous, but I think its clear he means this will be his last performance IN LONDON!

I am just waiting for the day the tickets go on sale only to hear, SOLD OUT IN 10MINUTES!!!!LOL

I feel we don't have to worry there will be no new album. The news conference seemed to and turned out to be strictly about the O2 arena in London. It ain't really about comprehensive annoucement of Michael Jackson's future moves. He wouldn't have had to fly all the way to the UK if he hadn't had a plan for the O2 arena gig.

If he had only wanted to let fans know about a brand new album, he wouldn't have held the news conference at all. He simply would have had his spokesperson release an official statement for the future release and a lil details. You know, just for the media reports.

All in all, I get the impression that the news conference is totally focused on his London shows, not everything about his career. And personally, I think there will be a new album.

i went to the pc and was really saddened when he said his last tour in london, at first i thought he meant his last ever PERIOD!!

Sure his quote maybe a bit ambiguous, but I think its clear he means this will be his last performance IN LONDON!

I am just waiting for the day the tickets go on sale only to hear, SOLD OUT IN 10MINUTES!!!!LOL
haha i know right, i'ma have my clicky finger all over the keyboard come the 11th.
I feel we don't have to worry there will be no new album. The news conference seemed to and turned out to be strictly about the O2 arena in London. It ain't really about comprehensive annoucement of Michael Jackson's future moves. He wouldn't have had to fly all the way to the UK if he hadn't had a plan for the O2 arena gig.

If he had only wanted to let fans know about a brand new album, he wouldn't have held the news conference at all. He simply would have had his spokesperson release an official statement for the future release and a lil details. You know, just for the media reports.

All in all, I get the impression that the news conference is totally focused on his London shows, not everything about his career. And personally, I think there will be a new album.
yeah there will be. he signed a 3yr deal and i defo think that he will tour else were. but maybe not this year but defo elsewhere. Also I think once mike see just how much he's miss he might have a change a heart. well hoping:D.

btw you guys now that i'm feeling better about today I really think that the slogan "THIS IS IT" could go both ways. And I think michael could make a hot uptempo song titled that. lol. i've been sing the slogan few times and i was like, michael could make that a #1 hit. lol

10 in july then another announcement that another 10 will be scheduled for august, im tellin ya!

Back