Thriller vs Invincible

which one u love more?

• Thriller

Votes: 161 69.4%
  • Invincible

Votes: 71 30.6%

• Total voters
Thriller! But Invincible is soooo underrated by many! It's a fantastic album.

Thriller. I love a lot of songs from that album and I am more of an old school person. But Invincible is not a bad album. It's very underrated. I would have loved to have seen more singles released from it and more videos.

Thriller vs Threatened
The Lady In My Life vs Butterflies
2000 Watts vs Beat It

I love Thriller more because that is when I became a fan when it came out in 1982 and I was old enough to appreciate it. Off the Wall I was a baby and I wasn't born yet when the Jackson 5 started. I love both but I guess thriller has more sentimental value for me. I am sure some people like Bad or Dangerous or History more than these. I think it depends on you and what you love the best.

As much as I L.O.V.E. the Invincible album. And I really do L.O.V.E. that album. I still prefer Thriller over Invincible. The songs Billie Jean and Got The Hots is what makes me L.O.V.E. that album. More than I do with Invincible. Even though Got The Hots wasn't on the original Thriller album. But at least Billie Jean was. And Billie Jean has always been like another Who Is It song for me.

I think it's especially hard for fans to objectively answer things like this (regarding Thriller) because we simply hear so much of Thriller constantly in our lives around us.

But common, Thriller walks over Invincible in basically every respect. The actual songs, the sheer originality (tracks from Thriller had simply never been heard before), the purity, timelessness and perfection in the mix, mastering and production of the record.

Invincible has some (and by some i mean a few) great gems, but honestly; a misstep by Michael on the whole.

thriller for me. each song was perfectly original, but TO ME some songs on invincible were pretty similar to each other

:chillin: I read the entire thread prior to responding and what I honestly saw is nostalgia closing some minds towards the different path Michael chose with INVINCIBLE. He wasn't interested in creating sequels to THRILLER, because he didn't have to. He wasn't interested in cheating the fans by giving them copycat albums to keep them listening. If you want to listen to Thriller on repeat, do so (I do), but he wasn't required to keep making the same album over and over again.

I was fortunate to be along for the ride throughout his career from his Motown years to the end of his life and what I saw, what I enjoyed, what I loved about him was his desire to grow as an artist, to not be stagnant or become a caricature of himself.

INVINCIBLE isn't an album for those who chose to be stagnant listeners, not for those that didn't want Mike to mature (as a man and an artist). If he was still with us and had lived to be as old as his parents, he would still have sought CHANGE in his craft. I wish we could have witnessed that, could have been open minded to how an elderly Michael Jackson would have expressed himself musically, theatrically, books-wise, etc.

I love Thriller, always will, but I wholeheartedly loved the direction he took with INVINCIBLE. It isn't a "Thriller-lite" sequel and he didn't want it to be.

I think it should be "OFF THE WALL" or "INVINCIBLE"

"OFF THE WALL" is often forgotten.

It`s really difficult for me, because its 2 totally different areas of Michaels career. I love both of them and i cant compare them with eachother. But mjscarousal is right, that Invincible is more commercial (not bad), and Thriller is epic. So If id had to choose i would go with Thriller, or wait .. Invincible ... no Thriller it is!

I think invincible because in that album it has songs that modivate me and in thriller doesnt

I would go with Thriller today. - Maybe mext week I will prefer Invincible - it changes with my mood... :lol:

Thriller has some of the most iconic songs ever released - Thriller, Billie Jean, Beat It, WBSS and Human Nature - perfect album really.

BUT - Invincible has maybe MJ's best song ever Speechless. - And also Whatever Happens, YRMW, Don't Walk Away, Lost Children, Cry and Threatned. not to forget Butterflies and Heaven can wait. - ohh and Break of Down.

I love both albums really. - But Invincible has a few songs I do not like very much - 2000 watts, Privacy and Invincible - Invincible is the best of the 3 though.

But my answer today will be Thriller. :)

Thriller, I discover Michael with that album and Invincible is the first one it has many songs I don't like. But I'd choose Dangerous and HIStory over Thriller.

Very unfair poll, but i prefer 'Butterflies' more than 'Lady In My Life'! My thought's towards the two records change on constant occasions, both records are extremely different.

This is actually a very difficult question. I'll go with Thriller, but both albums are very different. I agree that Invincible has an "artsy" quality. It reflects the growth and changes inside of Michael and the more you listen to the album, the more beautiful it becomes (making it truly an "understated" beauty). The song writing is really deep and from the heart, and it's WAY underrated. However, I love the energy of Thriller and how revolutionary it was (and is) all over the world. It's truly an invigorating masterpiece. Every song screams WOW and leaves you wanting more! So my vote's on Thriller, but I cannot live without either album, that's for sure!

Thriller. Invincible is still great, but it's the least sounding Michael Jackson of all to me. The early 2000's was an awful time for music soundwise.

While Invincible has some amazing tracks such as Speechless, Break Of Dawn, Butterflies it doesn't have any song that reaches the quality of Billie Jean, WBSS, Human Nature so Thriller easily for me.

Back