UK advertising has begun!

My heart nearly beated out of my chest when I heard the clicks and the Columbia pictures pic lol!
I ended up missing most of it though as my kids were so exstatic at seeing it on tv!

My heart nearly beated out of my chest when I heard the clicks and the Columbia pictures pic lol!
I ended up missing most of it though as my kids were so exstatic at seeing it on tv!

That's just how I felt! If I feel like that when I see the trailer on tv, then it's gonna be even more amazing seeing the whole thing! :wub:

Well i just come back from watching UP!! in 3d!! what a film!! but This is IT got advertised and all i can say is WOW!! Just wait till you see it on big screeen!! and amazing acoustics to boot!! but it is going to be sad , make no mistake on that.

T

Glad to see the UK advertising has begun. Hopefully it continues to pick up. I know back in the US, promotion is huge. Monday, a clip will air on Ellen, Wednesday's Oprah episode will have something to do with This Is It, plus there is rumor Jay Leno is going to do something either Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday night. All the major morning news shows are talking about the film and will continue to do so next week. Expect to see tons of MJ mentionings starting Monday. This will be the first big week of MJ album sales as well. We have tons to look forward to people, prepare yourselves!

I am not comfortable with him doing ANYTHING for MJ. He has been the cruelest of all the comedians. And from a recent vido leak, we know MJ couldn't stand Leno.

Letterman is the most watched show...and he wasn't as cruel and persistent in his bashing.

eta: you were right about Oprah. She is doing a show on MJ again on Wednesday. I am sure she will watch the movie with an audience of MJ fans and after hold a discussion on it.

she invited the Thrill the world-Chicago participants to attend her show on wednesday.

October 24, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago did its part Saturday night to break a 'thrilling' world record.
One hundred seventy people danced to Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' in Humboldt Park as part of a worldwide event called Thrill the World 2009.
At the same time, people around the globe performed the dance.
The Chicago group was organized by Latin Rhythms Academy of Dance and Performance.

Shortly before Saturday night's performance, the group learned they would appear on the Oprah show Wednesday.
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=7081541

I will be watching

Last edited:
I saw it in between the different parts of X Factor. FINALLY! Did they show the whole thing.. I was too pleased that it was on to notice properly!?!

I hope to see it again tonight. :) I kinda had a panic attack last night... LOL

Yeah I saw it in between X Factor as well! Just listening to Talk Sport radio now and on the 12 PM news the presenter was reading the headlines, and this one made my blood boil. 'The new Michael Jackson movie out next week apparently uses doubles for some scenes' thats pretty much word for word! *Sighs*

^^ oh for F sake. I think we'd notice if there was a double. Why'd MJ use a double to rehearse for HIS show. It'll be stunt doubles I bet.

I hope to see it again tonight. :) I kinda had a panic attack last night... LOL

Haha same! I can't wait for tonight now, although I'm sure I'll react the exact same way as I did when I saw it yesterday! :lol:

^^ oh for F sake. I think we'd notice if there was a double. Why'd MJ use a double to rehearse for HIS show. It'll be stunt doubles I bet.

Yeah, he only used them for the Dome Project stunts (jumping through window etc.)

The little Billie Jean add was just on the TV! yeyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Omg i just saw my first ad on tv for This Is It... in the adverts of the Man Utd v Liverpool game! was the billie jean one :)

Just saw my first ad during Ugly Betty on channel 4, it was like 10 seconds long. I think it was a shorter version of Billie Jean promo.

Oh yeh and I saw a billboard when I was on the DLR I think a couple stops before Canary Wharf, I think it was Poplar.

Last edited:
There's been like 4 versions now LOL. On one of them it started off with just his voice and no backing - he sounds awesome!

I saw the trailer during the X Factor break last night. Hopefully they will show it again tonight.

I saw it lastnight during the X Factor aswell! They showed it about 8:50pm. hehe yes i looked at the clock afterwards! It made me feel quite emotional after watching it, i was clapping & got all excited, my sister was like "Its only a trailer!" hehe- i dont care. Its so exciting now. I also heard the Billie Jean ad on ITV2, earlier today aswell. Im gonna be addicted to watching the ads now for at least the next week, just cos i wanna see the trailer!

hmmm are you guys watching the same tv as me, i still havent seen anything..

I saw it lastnight during the X Factor aswell! They showed it about 8:50pm. hehe yes i looked at the clock afterwards! It made me feel quite emotional after watching it, i was clapping & got all excited, my sister was like "Its only a trailer!" hehe- i dont care. Its so exciting now. I also heard the Billie Jean ad on ITV2, earlier today aswell. Im gonna be addicted to watching the ads now for at least the next week, just cos i wanna see the trailer!

LOL. You sound as sad as me.

Yep I saw the trailer in the x factor break...wish they had stopped airing the rest of xfactor and put the trailor on repeat!

just sat through the whole x factor again and still not seen a tv advert:(

just sat through the whole x factor again and still not seen a tv advert:(

That's the only reason I bothered to watch it tonight. I had to watch J&E go through and didn't even get a TII Ad. :(

last night they advertised the movie, and tonight they advertised the album whoop whoop!!

both during x factor!!!

Back