Universal Music Group Sues MJ Estate! (MJ Singing R Kelly Song)

man_in_the_mirror

Proud Member
Michael Jackson's estate has a new creditor's claim -- thanks to one R. Kelly.

Michael sang Kelly's song "Ignition" in his car as part of the TV show, "Michael Jackson's Private Home Movies" -- but never paid for it.

Universal Music Publishing Group, which owns the rights to the song, wants Jackson's estate to pay $3,000. Universal attached a contract to the creditor's claim, showing the fee in black and white.

Will estate lawyer Howard Weitzman pay the claim or pee on it?

Stay tuned

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0dxCGKb5e

source : tmz

Re: R.Kelly Sues MJ Estate!

Lmao...are they serious? That song came on the freaking RADIO in the car he was in and he sang along to it just like any other person would. The estate should not just piss on it, but Sh!t on it as well.

surely his royalty on the track would of been paid by the radio station ... and come on dude you where one of mj"s friends everyone seems to turn there backs in the end !!

screw r kelly

This is pathetic! Is there a conga line to sue MJ's estate or something?

1) So it's not R Kelly filing suit, it's Universal
2) Unfortunately it's legitimate if they didn't have permission to use the song on the show - but is it MJ's estate who are accountable? Who produced the show?
3) And why now, not back then?

OMG!!! I am appalled...what a freaking joke.

What a bitch he is. :smilerolleyes: Who's next??

I doubt it's R Kelly personally, I bet its down to Universal. R Kelly seemed so touched that MJ was dancing to Ignition in his car I highly doubt he would sue the estate. Can't believe Universal though. Seriously, what heartless cowards. I hope Weitzman tells them where to shove it.

Edit.

Last edited:

1) So it's not R Kelly filing suit, it's Universal
2) Unfortunately it's legitimate if they didn't have permission to use the song on the show - but is it MJ's estate who are accountable? Who produced the show?
3) And why now, not back then?

1) pretty sure kelly has to give his thumbs up to do so
2) im pretty sure kelly didnt care back then
3) totally agree what a joke

surely his royalty on the track would of been paid by the radio station ... and come on dude you where one of mj"s friends everyone seems to turn there backs in the end !!

screw r kelly
It's not R-kelly doing the suing, HE was over the moon when he saw that clip, he even played it as part of his tribute to MJ at his concerts, it's the publishing group that owns the song. They are the dumba**es here.

R.Kelly was found guilty of PLAGERISM regarding YOU ARE NOT ALONE as he didn't write the song.

In 2007, a Belgium court ruled that R. Kelly had plagiarized the 1993 song "If We Can Start All Over" when composing "You Are Not Alone". The court transferred rights of Jackson's hit to the twin composer brothers, Eddy and Danny Van Passel. The judgment is only recognized in Belgium and airplay of the hit has been banned in that nation.
[youtube]8PrJ7jf8cbI[/youtube]

Now I didn't like him just because of that (as it put MJ in bad light pertaining to his music) but now this?

Kelly better get on to UM and sort this out if he really was a friend of MJ's.

Doesn't R. Kelly have a say in this?

Is this for real?!! :doh: Michael NEVER SANG the song he just danced to it. What a fucking moron!

Well whoever decided to sue (IF it's true anyway) is an idiot.

R.Kelly was found guilty of PLAGERISM regarding YOU ARE NOT ALONE as he didn't write the song.

[youtube]8PrJ7jf8cbI[/youtube]

Now I didn't like him just because of that (as it put MJ in bad light pertaining to his music) but now this?

Kelly better get on to UM and sort this out if he really was a friend of MJ's.
OK, thanks.

PERSONALLY I find this :lol: :lol: :lol:

R.Kelly Loves Michael. He even said that he was honored that Michael liked his song. Its not the artists that are devious, But the Label they're signed on! They really need to get OFF their HIGH Horses!!!

L.O.V.E.
Romi

He didnt sing it. He just danced.

I hope these bitch a**es are suing Bret Rathner too, lmao, he was singing right along with MJ. What a f**king joke.

Some of you.... :sigh:

This is rubbish.

R. showed the footage of MJ singing to the song at ALL of his shows and I recall he spoke with MTV about the footage and MJ talking to him about it.

Back