Universal Music Group Sues MJ Estate! (MJ Singing R Kelly Song)

Re: R.Kelly Sues MJ Estate!

I'm sure the lawyer who filed the creditor claim will get more than $ 3000 from Universal for doing that , how silly of them .

crazy4umjackson vbmenu_register("postmenu_2574421", true);
member.gif

My Mood:
Fine.gif

reputation_pos.gif

icon1.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJ7777
LOL

Rather, he should pay Michael for advertising it...

Exactly, i downloaded that song long time ago cuz michael danced to it in the back seat. Thats the only reason i got that song..
-----------

well...lol..there are some on here that are claiming that you're not telling the truth about how you discovered the song..lol(i'm not one of those, claiming that)

this brand of popularity for the song was what i was talking about. but there are some that don't believe me, despite the bigness of all this..lol
anyway, the newfound popularity and money this song got universal, from phm, is not enough for universal..and they look petty.

if this is a joke it ain't funny.

i haven't read 9 pages so i am merely responding to the first page posts.

this is absolutely..... going to stop before i say something i will regret.

No, the 43% is the proof he plagiarised the song ;)

and the 57% is proof that he didn't ;)

57 > 43

:cheers:

yeah..i guess people on this site are only from the usa.:yes::timer:

and of cousre MJ fans make up a miniscule part of the world's population. which is why the world media made a big deal out of MJ apparently brushing his teeth wrong, or somn, every day of his latter life:yes: :timer:

and...of course...no song can survive without a video :yes: :timer:

and..i guess R kelly wasn't at his peak...

ok.....

last time i checked..a song is popular when u don't have to get out of bed to notice it.

:lol: You can't be serious...

Not true. There are many songs that charted well before a music video was even created for it.

R. Kelly was at his peak in the 90's. Have you heard of "I Believe I Can Fly"? :mello:

and R. Kelly did just that by YouTube-ing Ignition (Remix) to find one of his idol's dancing and singing to it :lol:

57 > 43

:cheers:

:lol: You can't be serious...

Not true. There are many songs that charted well before a music video was even created for it.

R. Kelly was at his peak in the 90's. Have you heard of "I Believe I Can Fly"? :mello:

and R. Kelly did just that by YouTube-ing Ignition (Remix) to find one of his idol's dancing and singing to it :lol:

that's my point. i was being sarcastic. and guess what..i HAVE heard of 'i believe i can fly!' that was a number 4 song on the pop charts.

and ignition's second wind, and truly big worldwide discovery was why Kelly got out of bed hearing it, via youtube. that's when the song 'ignition' was a giant hit, to me and many around the world, unlike the first time, when it was, apparently, a much smaller hit.

as far as i was concerned..'bump and grind' was much bigger than 'ignition', before i saw phm. bottom line..i never heard of 'ignition' before phm. apparently, neither have a lot of people, from what they said. though apparently some others say they did. but a LOT LOT more say they heard of it AFTER phm

Last edited:

57 > 43

Not along with the fact that all he had was sheet music.:cheers: We seem to be going around in circles. Perhaps you should actually READ the article ;)

Bottom line is he was convicted of plagiarism and got off light considering.

Not along with the fact that all he had was sheet music.:cheers: We seem to be going around in circles. Perhaps you should actually READ the article ;)

All he had? He provided valid proof that it was indeed a creative process. I suggest you read the article yourself :mellow:

Bottom line is he was convicted of plagiarism in Belgium. Therefore, The judgment is only in Belgium. :cheers: We're still grooving to the tune over at my side of the pond :cheers:

Every time I blink my eyes on the internet there is more news about MJ estate being sued damn whats next? And is R KELLY TEAM SERIOUS?? he needs to worried about childplay drama he got going on..yea i said it :popout:

that's my point. i was being sarcastic. and guess what..i HAVE heard of 'i believe i can fly!' that was a number 4 song on the pop charts.

and ignition's second wind, and truly big worldwide discovery was why Kelly got out of bed hearing it, via youtube. that's when the song 'ignition' was a giant hit, to me and many around the world, unlike the first time, when it was, apparently, a much smaller hit.

as far as i was concerned..'bump and grind' was much bigger than 'ignition', before i saw phm

Congrats.

LMFAO! Your little discovery doesn't necessarily speak for everyone - worldwide. If I'm not mistaken the only people that knew about MJ dancing to Igntion (Remix) was his fanbase (basically people that search his videos) and R. Kelly. So maybe your discovery can relate to other MJ fans but not to others.

Yea, and he had plenty of other hits btwn Bump N' Grind and Igntion (Remix)

Congrats.

LMFAO! Your little discovery doesn't necessarily speak for everyone - worldwide. If I'm not mistaken the only people that knew about MJ dancing to Igntion (Remix) was his fanbase (basically people that search his videos) and R. Kelly. So maybe your discovery can relate to other MJ fans but not to others.

Yea, and he had plenty of other hits btwn Bump N' Grind and Igntion (Remix)

so are u one of those who thinks that the number of MJ die hard fans equals the number of other artists' die had fans? LMMAO

and how are u sooo sure that 'others' weren't ones who discovered 'ignition' along with the MJ fans..around the world, through phm? all those other r kelly hits that u describe were small region compared to the attention 'ignition' remix received, around the world through phm.

Last edited:

Think we can agree to disagree? :cheeky:

Are we talking about murder or plagiarism?...lmao Take it easy. lol.

I doubt MJ would have continually worked with someone who he thought plagiarised music.

Seems to me the level of proof needed in Belgium to convict someone of plagiarism is very low. I think they would've had a hard time proving that anywhere else. What other reason did they not pursue royalties or whatever outside of Belgium?

so are u one of those who thinks that the number of MJ die hard fans equals the number of other artists' die had fans? LMMAO

and how are u sooo sure that 'others' weren't ones who discovered 'ignition' along with the MJ fans..around the world?

:sigh:

Assumptions are the mother of all **** ups

:mello:

It charted and topped airplay charts in 2002. MJ's vid happened after the album release. Put two and two together and there you go!

But we can agree to disagree ;)

You know what y'all, lets just agree to disagree...

SOME heard the song Before PHM, and SOME heard it AFTER...Its R.Kelly's song and Lets just leave it at that. As I said b4, I Dont think R.Kelly is to blame for any of this. I cant say the same for the UNIVERSAL Studios...:scratch::no:

Again, a man who supported Mike in hard times, wont come out and sue him after his passing... Friends dont do that...:cheeky:

L.O.V.E.
Romi

all those other r kelly hits that u describe were small region compared to the attention 'ignition' remix received, around the world through phm.

Lawl @ R. Kelly's hits being "small region"...

I guess your definition of worldwide is this forum and your colleagues that share the same taste. Poor child.

1) So it's not R Kelly filing suit, it's Universal
2) Unfortunately it's legitimate if they didn't have permission to use the song on the show - but is it MJ's estate who are accountable? Who produced the show?
3) And why now, not back then?

why NOT BACK THEN!!! long a.. time!

in this statement it says universial is suing not R kelly, its R kelly song the company is suing.

Well AEG and Sony owns so much its ridiculous after reading all their "holding COMPANIES, TEAMS, AREANS, its no telling how many of these whitecollar hoods are on the board at Universal, they'll sue the EStaTE Knowing they are on both sides, they probably just dont want R. Kelly to make any money off this song and he didnt agree to their negiotians and not to mention they are throwing their muscle and intimidation at R., because he still owns that song he and Michael was working on and they want ALL COPYRIGHTS. If not sue the crap out of these Crooks R. Kelly.

perhaps on a deep r and b scale..

u say, some of u..

i never heard it on pop radio.
i'm sure there were a lot of songs bopping on r and b radio that the mainstream audience didn't hear..but this blow up is something entirely different, that i'm talking about.

MJ doesn't need my help in what happened here. i'm just telling you what i saw, mainstream. it's not like MJ said to himself...'i'm gunna help an artist out, today'(though MJ was truly charitble) this was an impromptu moment, and the blowup, ever since, was something i could not avoid. everywhere i went, people were talking about it. and i heard u reference 'in da club'. now that's a different story. that was a pop hit, by itself. and i listened to the radio, and heard the fifty cent hit..but i did NOT hear the r kelly hit on pop radio.

Surely the ignition remix by r Kelly was a bigger hit in the last decade than michael had in the 00's before his death. This song was massive. How can something be number one on billboard and not be considered mainstream. All this happened before the footage of mj appeared on our screens.

On a lighter note though, it was deffo one of the cutest mj moments of the last ten years.

Last edited:

hmmm - just wondering what I could sue MJ's estate for...

How insane is it that one person can be sued so much! People just think "easy money". Michael worked hard HIS WHOLE LIFE and EARNED that money with blood, sweat and tears! I get so angry every time I see someone trying to get an easy buck from him! That money belongs to the beneficiaries he named in his will.

Is this a joke??? :worried:

I heard somewhere R Kelly saying he felt proud when MJ was singing his song. I just dont understand people :no:

How insane is it that one person can be sued so much! People just think "easy money". Michael worked hard HIS WHOLE LIFE and EARNED that money with blood, sweat and tears! I get so angry every time I see someone trying to get an easy buck from him! That money belongs to the beneficiaries he named in his will.

yes. the bottom line is, MJ gave his entire self to his craft, without distraction. so, the result gave itself entirely back to him. but the claimants and leeches had their various adventures, and so, life was compromising to them. so they see MJ miles ahead of them, and somehow, they think they're owed his share, for THEIR compromises.

that's bullshit.

the fact is, you get back what you put out. and if these vultures think that that universal rule will change for them, they have another think coming. it won't change for them, no matter what they try.

i have personal experience that says no one can escape that rule, no matter what. and though the usual interest is to point fingers, the truth is, you only have yourself to blame, when you get a compromise, in return.

I agree and his Fans should all SUE his Killers for Murdering our Beloved Michael Jackson and for Murdering Entertainment as well. Because all I see is Cheap BootLegg Entertainment from these Estate Administrators, something Michael Jackson would have never allowed.

I hope it's Universal and not "R.Kells" suing but I wonder if Michael and/or Sony would sue if R. Kelly used a Michael Jackson song in the same way. Michael himself learned the value of royalties from Paul McCartney.

What a f-@#%$¥ joke! Free promotion from the King of Pop and you sue him years later, after his death?!

Maybe we should sue him for writing YANA and One More Chance?!

Back