Universal Music Group Sues MJ Estate! (MJ Singing R Kelly Song)

Re: R.Kelly Sues MJ Estate!

WTF is this a joke?What more can people sue him for?
this is CRAZY!

My my my, Michael's had enough of bs to endure while he was alive, people suing him left and right, depositions everywhere and now this? From a gardener to the big companies, everyone wants a piece of MJ. He's gone now, let him rest in peace. But money's the root of all evil and I guess even his death can't suffice the voracious mothereffers from wanting something. This is truly heartbreaking.

I'm sorry Michael, that even after your death, greedy people still can't leave you alone :(

Did someone back up that video in case youtube pulls it off?

edit: ...sorry, it must have mixed up...

Last edited:

'Anything, anything, anything for money, I'll lie for you, I'll die for you, I'll even sell my soul to the devil.'

Lmao...are they serious? That song came on the freaking RADIO in the car he was in and he sang along to it just like any other person would. The estate should not just piss on it, but Sh!t on it as well.

The post made me upset but after reading your reply. l couldnt help myself to laugh. Thats quote of the day :laugh:

Michael sang Kelly's song "Ignition" in his car as part of the TV show, "Michael Jackson's Private Home Movies" -- but never paid for it.
OH MY GOD.

HOW PATHETIC!!

Michael was dancing not singing and exxxxxccuuuussee me, so was Brett Ratner - and it was Brett's documentary that the clip was from so sue his ass instead!

I hope R Kelly steps up and pays the $3000 himself, for his friend.

MJ didn't pick the song to play. It came on spontaneously like most songs on the radio :doh: I find it hard to believe that you never heard Ignition (Remix) on the radio before :mello: They play that song like every Friday but I guess.....

I find it hard to believe too..

I'm not an R Kelly fan but I knew Ignition before I knew about PHM. That song was massive and so is 'I believe I can fly' and other RKelly songs. I'm from the UK and I don't listen to specifically RnB radio. It was everywhere, and they still play it a lot on tv music channels. It was a massive hit and umm hardly anyone in the general public has seen PHM... so its laughable to say that created its success. Some fans don't even know about PHM. Go on the street and ask random people if they recognise the Ignition song, then ask them if they know MJs Private Home Movies and A LOT more people will know the prior than the latter. And previous to this year, a lot less people would know about PHM. I'm just being honest. Some people just don't want to give other artists any credit on here.

:wtf2 What kind of joke is this? Are they serious about that?
I am wondering for what for can Michael be sued now...?! I will not be surpised if next time he will be sued because he was breathing... :banghead

It's not R.Kelly suing, it's the company. And we all know what record companies are like. :smilerolleyes:

Ya I do believe it's not R Kelly's doing. Why would he do that after all he paid tribute to Michael. Either or not is Universal's doing then the media also trying to paint a dirt on R. Kelly's image to Michael's fans perhaps.

Can someone answer - seen as it was from Bretts doc - is he not libel to pay?

God damn, this is all just crazy!
When I see something like this I always think some people don't have a life!...

What happen to the fans that used to read the articles, not just the headlines? At first I thought it was comical, but this thread is kind of scary.

and why did they not ask for payment back when "PHM" was out and about? LOL! you wait how many years and want to sue?

Oh come on! lol!

LOL Universal wait SEVEN BLOODY YEARS to make a claim??

And why not go after the producer of the show or FOX channel that aired the programme? Why is Michael the one who has to pay up??

Really pathetic.. :rolleyes:

Anything, Anything.. ANYTHING for MONEY!

:angry:

OMG that`s soo pathetic... for just 3000 usd they are trashing their image... I even didn`t hear MJ singing it, he was just dancing, it was radio or CD, he had the right to do that...:eek:

Is this actually for the use of it in the documentary? Or for use of the clip recently?

Michael Jackson's estate has a new creditor's claim -- thanks to one R. Kelly.

Michael sang Kelly's song "Ignition" in his car as part of the TV show, "Michael Jackson's Private Home Movies" -- but never paid for it.

Universal Music Publishing Group, which owns the rights to the song, wants Jackson's estate to pay $3,000. Universal attached a contract to the creditor's claim, showing the fee in black and white.

Will estate lawyer Howard Weitzman pay the claim or pee on it?

Stay tuned

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0dxCGKb5e

source : tmz

talk about scraping the barrell. pathetic.takes them 7 years to notice the song was used:doh::smilerolleyes:

I just await that day...

I just cannot believe R Kelly!

nothing to do with r kelly its his publishing company.i doubt hes happy about it thread title should be changed.

Back