Universal Music Group Sues MJ Estate! (MJ Singing R Kelly Song)

i don't know that MJ was into preparing to be spontaneous. that's what made him great. besides...R Kelly on tour is what prompted universal.

anyway..universal is into stiffing people like Conan OBrien, and many of its soap opera stars, mid-contract..so..

i don't know if a company that steps on people has much of a case.
The courts don't care about that, only if they can convince a jury their case. How do you think many mafia guys and other crooks avoid jail? They get a good lawyer or threaten or bribe judges.

Fucking lame!!!!:angry: They waited until JUST NOW!??? It's been years since MJ Home Movies first aired..and they're JUST doing this NOW? They shouldn't even sue at ALL! What a stupid lawsuit! You can get sued for breathing wrong now adays!!!! Aaaarrgghhhh!!!!!:rant:Sorry for swearing but.....GRRR!!!!

I cant beleive that even in death, they are after his money. Why cant they just leave him alone to RIP. Vultures

universal is doing this now, because This Is It has been just released on dvd and blu ray and download. another MIchael event, another idiot comes out of the idiot box to spoil it, due to envy. this time, the idiot is universal music group

Is it just me?

Michael didnt even sing it anyway.........he was just dancing to it.

Looking at all the claims that have been filed against the estate hell we all could claim against it. Our love for Michael has caused us to spend hours on this forum when we could be doing something else, resulting in potential lost earnings. I wish all the claims weren't as stupid as the one I just made up but sadly they are.

Reactions: Bee
Looking at all the claims that have been filed against the estate hell we all could claim against it. Our love for Michael has caused us to spend hours on this forum when we could be doing something else, resulting in potential lost earnings. I wish all the claims weren't as stupid as the one I just made up but sadly they are.

Lol!! Yeah, they are getting more reidiculous by the second, whatever next?!

Isn't there a time limit for submitting claims? They are only 7 years too slow. Also, who produced PHM? They should pay not MJ.

W.T.F?!?! ok, that was what like 6 or 7 years ago... AND it was on the radio for god's sake! makes absolutely no damn sense.

Isn't there a time limit for submitting claims? They are only 7 years too slow. Also, who produced PHM? They should pay not MJ.

Yes, claims have to be in by Feb 15.

I have to admit I am surprised a story about a silly little claim would generate over 200 responses.

Yes, claims have to be in by Feb 15.

I have to admit I am surprised a story about a silly little claim would generate over 200 responses.

because in the world of Michael Jackson, where every bad thing that happened to him was a miscaricature of justice, passion by fans is excusable.

This is all subjective. It may not be MJ to even pay because Fox produced the thing. The footage was sold to Fox so MJ is not really liable.

Once footage is sold, it's the buyer who determines what to do with it, so Universal should forward their bill to Fox, or the Estate should tell them so.

Also, the song being played on radio, does that mean if a tv show is filming something and music plays in the background, they then have to pay royalties?

Anyway, forward the bill to Fox

This is all subjective. It may not be MJ to even pay because Fox produced the thing. The footage was sold to Fox so MJ is not really liable.

Once footage is sold, it's the buyer who determines what to do with it, so Universal should forward their bill to Fox, or the Estate should tell them so.

Also, the song being played on radio, does that mean if a tv show is filming something and music plays in the background, they then have to pay royalties?

indeed.

You're absolutely right. I just noticed that this is the same music group that takes down videos off YouTube for copyright infringement.

The ****ing song is on the radio ? So Mike aint allowed to sing along to a song in a car nomore ? NO respect at all. How could people be so selfish and money thinking all the time? The person they are suing isint even alive, life really amaze me sometimes ... in a bad way ...

Is this the same billion $ company that were selling P,P & B grieving at the memorial in colored pictures in one of their shops?...the irony. It's just business eh?

Oh sheeeeeesh really... let me please ask this without that I wanna go of topic really... but is all this suing payed by Californias tax payers?
It seems to me too many ppl can keep californian judges mindlessly busy somehow.
At least if it is stated in the end that they have no right to claim this they should pay for causing courts work in a way?

Universal should be ashamed of themselves. It's unnecessary and inappropriate.

I also shows how f^%$^$ clueless the recording industry is today.

I don't like many of his songs or his new album, it's terrible in my opinion. Apparently, it's Universal whose done it and not R.Kelly himself. I still think it's a bit cowardly and like how it's taken them 7 years to file a lawsuit when the documentary was shown nearly 7 years ago! :angry:

This is the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a long time.... Check here what R Kelly said about MJ in the car, he was sooooo happy about it. That Michael is being sued is no longer news for me. I would probably not be surprised if we soon would hear that they sued the estate because he passed away or perhaps because he existed …. Maybe they should sue him because his name was Michael Jackson... Seriously They Should Be Ashamed of themselves!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCYm2JRY0c4

Back