UPDATE - #133: the whole thing may be illegal - Blanket, Prince, Paris first autographs up for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's exactly the point to them there is nothing wrong with their behavior to this day both of them Katherine and Joe deny abuse took place with Michael. Refuse to acknowledge the harm (they) he (Joe) caused by his (their) actions. Sweeping everything under the rug and then cry foul is normal behavior to them. Bet you Randall will be ranting about people wrongfully going after his holy family around the weekend. All these years have passed, so much has happened to them one son has already died, one would think at this mature age u'd own up and learn from ur mistakes u don't go around trying to repeat them in trying to exploit other minors this is just the beginning, I'm convinced Joe sees $$ signs in his eyes while looking at those three children of Michael, heck he even admitted it indirectly around summer last year. All this is just despicable and the worst part is it's just the beginning. Just the beginning, in the weeks, months and years to come we will hear more and more. Joseph is in search of a new cash cow and it's obvious

No one has their best interest at heart, b/c their own interests differ from the kids best interest period. No one cares about them the way Michael did NO ONE including KAtherine. Michael was their father and they were his life. He made sure to protect, he made sure they stayed outta the mess, he made sure of that. The events of the past year only back up my claims as any reasonable person can see. I'm going to quote someone on another board who said that ever since Michael died he hasn't stopped spinning in his grave and I totally agree. There was not one day in which he didn't spin, especially because what has happened to his children. Michael's children are with them b/c they are, it's not like those kids have a parent anymore nobody will step up for them, this Jackson family is an extremely big family it's like they are their own tribe lol and all the adults in that family care about THEIR OWN children, why should they care about Michael's?! Of course there is love but love, but the love the love they have for their own children is way bigger than whatever sympathy/love they might have for these parentless kids, that's the sad part of it. When ur 12 or 13 u do whatever u grandparents/parents tell u, the thought of someone using u doesn't even cross ur mind, especially when the people are the ones who are supposed to take care of. In their minds they probably thought, they did a great thing for the legacy of their dad father (similar to picking up the Grammy for him), their love for their father was used by the grown ups. As for Blanket that child still plays with action figures he just did whatever his siblings did, without thinking about it at all. The problem here is not just their signatures, it's a way bigger situation and this thing if it's not stopped is going to lead into another one, and another one, and another one. This is just the start of of something much more serious, clearly some are trying to get new cash cows as the old one is dead, the people knew damn well their own signatures wouldn't do ish hence involved the children, it's like it was back in the good ol' days when Joseph would come up with a tasteless tacky and lousy business idea, but knew he wasn't able to pull it off, ran to Michael begging/demanding/blackmailing/ridiculing (u were nothing if it wasn't for me u owe me) type of thing. Trying to get Michael's participation into something to get sponsors etc, only this time he got that of his dead son's minor children's, knowing full well his own signature, name etc doesn't do ish to get whatever he wants, which is mostly money.

:hug:
as i said we will be seeing many short comings of family as Michael is not here to cover their deeds.those who refused to believe what Michael said about his family and took it as his ego ,now they will see true color of this family.it is sad that these angels have to suffer for that.this is just a tip of ice burg,just a beginning.

All anybody has to do is ask the question, 'would Michael approve of this?' and if the damn answer is NO then don't do it! People can try to gloss over stuff at times, but exploitation is just exploitation!

Glad the Estate spoke out about this......why tout that they had the approval when they did'nt???? This is Joe Jackson at his finest once again!

Sadly though, this is just the beginning of Michael's kids being used all in the name of honoring him.

Just spent an hour reading all 19 pages of this thread....

I am so shocked I am speechless. Why Katherine? WHY? I expect this from Joe Cola, but you allowing this? Nothing is sacred. I wish Diana Ross would step in since she is named guardian after Katherine. I wonder why Michael didn't name Lisa Marie as guardian? She's an amazing mom. She protects her kids like a lioness that she is. And yeah, she bashed Michael over the years but I still think those kids are safer with Lisa Marie if she was named in the will. And I'm sure she would be seeing red and fighting for PPB(if she had been name a guardian) if she knew about this exploitation. She'd drag it to court, rip Joe Cola a new hole and take full custody. She doesn't BS. Diana seems to be in her own world and Debbie just cares about riding her horses in a farm most likely paid from the $ Michael gave her.

Can't Rebbie do something? At least? God help those kids. Prayers are not enough. A miracle perhaps.

I wish someone could convince Janet Jackson to give Joe and Katherine Jackson some of her great wealth; so they can stop exploiting Michael Jackson's children.
If you can do it thanks in advance.:agree:

Last edited:
I don't get when some say, "Well the kids are old enough to say no to this." Like what are the kids going to say when grandpa or some relative pitches something to them about honoring their father? Of course they're going to say yes to doing it.

I wish someone could convince Janet Jackson to give Joe and Katherine Jackson some of her great wealth; so they can stop exploiting Michael Jackson's children.
If you can do it thanks in advance.:agree:

Bad idea. She might want PPB to sign her albums to sell.

Just spent an hour reading all 19 pages of this thread....

I am so shocked I am speechless. Why Katherine? WHY? I expect this from Joe Cola, but you allowing this? Nothing is sacred. I wish Diana Ross would step in since she is named guardian after Katherine. I wonder why Michael didn't name Lisa Marie as guardian? She's an amazing mom. She protects her kids like a lioness that she is. And yeah, she bashed Michael over the years but I still think those kids are safer with Lisa Marie if she was named in the will. And I'm sure she would be seeing red and fighting for PPB(if she had been name a guardian) if she knew about this exploitation. She'd drag it to court, rip Joe Cola a new hole and take full custody. She doesn't BS. Diana seems to be in her own world and Debbie just cares about riding her horses in a farm most likely paid from the $ Michael gave her.

Can't Rebbie do something? At least? God help those kids. Prayers are not enough. A miracle perhaps.
:doh: WHAT??????

This can only be a joke. You're kidding. Sure..... :bugeyed

Ok.... I just can wish the kids had a mother to run to. Michael was his mother and his father and he was the best doing so. Who could have known what future will bring? Please don't get me wrong. I mean no hate to Debbie, but let's admit it is hard to see the kids just have their grandma and now this happens. I don't know. I respect Katherine so much, but all this is so, so confusing to me.
:(

Ok.... I just can wish the kids had a mother to run to. Michael was his mother and his father and he was the best doing so. Who could have known what future will bring? Please don't get me wrong. I mean no hate to Debbie, but let's admit it is hard to see the kids just have their grandma and now this happens. I don't know. I respect Katherine so much, but all this is so, so confusing to me.
:(
What's confusing to me is why Janet Jackson does not share her
great wealth with her parents, Joe and Katherine; so they won't
feel the need to exploit Michael Jackson's children.

:blink: Illegal?!? :girl_mad:

:doh:

Damn, I really like the black one with all the crystals...

I've been wishing for an "Official" MJ clothing line for years

To be honest, dear, I don't see this as a solution. Just to have lots of money doesn't stop people from wanting even more money :(

I feel so powerless, so useless, so nothing. There is really, really NOTHING I can do, this is completely out of my reach, but yet... it kills me and hurts me so much. I just... well.... I no longer understand myself anymore. All this so confusing and painful. I used to be one so different person. At times, I just can't even recognize myself.

sorry... that was just completely out of topic :no:

There has to be more to this story then what TMZ and CNN is saying. Mrs Jackson knows that she could not sell anything like this. If she did not know then her lawyer knows it. The thing I noticed about the TMZ picture is Kate and Joe seemed to be signing belts with there name only perhaps the kids name were added later on. I just don't see Mrs Jackson doing this knowing full well she could not

Probably Janet did what MJ should have done:say NO to them..so nobody would bother her financially......
I think she's doing the right thing here..
If you keep paying up for your ppl mistakes they'll continue doing them because they know that no matter what mess they create someone's gonna have their backs protected and pay up...

Kate and Joe will never learn,they have a 8 million dollar pending lawsuit with those korean guys so you might think this is a lesson learned...hell no!there's no way in hell they give up trying to make it big....besides i think they are old and they start to have too many vultures around them,where is the rest of the family?oh yes..in africa doing tributes for dictators,in chile doing interview with ppl who claim to have tapes of a MJ molesting kids,on twitter writing shit,on tv calling MJ druggie and allowing his kids paternity to be questioned...in the meanwhile the kids are paying up bills by selling belts....

poor poor MJ,if he only knew what he has left behind.....I don't always agree with kate methods,but till now I have always root for her no matter what,she seemed like a good mother and despite all she does what a mother should do,love everybody equally with no distinction,now I think that leaving his kids with his family is maybe the only mistake M has done in his will....all those years spent on educating and protecting his children,keeping them away from this shit...i feel bad for him everyday a bit more...

this is what I wrote in the chain thread

I apologize :closedeyes:

*wonders what's next* :bored:

yeah, I said some words in that thread as well... *sigh* it just shows we are not these Jacksons haters by default and are ready to sympathize with them and support them. but they are doing everything they can for us to stop.

Is that Kenny Ortega?:
0526-jacksons-wm-ex4.jpg

How soon can these kids file for emancipation.???

pure legal info : In California when you are 14 you can determine your own guardian (either with the approval of existing guardian or by going to court & getting a judge's approval) and/ or become emancipated (legally declared an adult). 18 years (and older) can become guardian of kids.

The way some fans here are reacting is unbelieavle.

Let Lisa Marie be their Guardian
Let them get emancipation
Let Janet give Katherine and Joe her wealth
Oh the terible evil devilish Jacksons

all because the kids signed a belt.

Now let me remind you of something. Lisa Marie's daughter at age 14 was on the CATWALK MODELING.

Here it is http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/elvisgranddaughtertorockthecatwalk.shtml

I bet her mother was exploiting her for fame and money.

Some of you are becoming super-ridiculous about Jacksons just as the media was. The media hated two people, Michael Jackson and the Jacksons, ever since the 80s.

Now that Michael is away, they are left with one to demonise.

No one denies Joe has his shortcomings. But hey, when the Grammy uses the kids for ratings and pressures Katherine to allow them to pay tribute to their father, for fans, that's a good thing.

When it's We Are The World and Katherine is urged to get kids to recite a poem for other people's benefit, then that's a good thing.

But when it's raising funds for a family museum of which MJ is part, just because Joe is the architect, then it's a bad thing for kids just to autograph.

Let me ask any fan one thing, what would Katherine have approved for the kids to do now that it's about one year to commemorate their father's passing?
The concert Jermaine planned is off.
The executors have not bothered and could care less about planning a 1 year memorial for MJ other than signing multi-million deals and also pocketing a nice chunk for themselves.

Tell me what else is on the table to commemorate MJ's passing after one year? And which promoter out there would do a comemoration for MJ with no money involved?

In any case, if it wasn't for Joe and Katherine, we wouldn't be here talking about MJ, he would be somewhere in Gary unknown.

But they want to set up a museum which should have been done long ago, the executors could care less about Gary or Jacksons legacy of which MJ is a part of, but some fans are in hysterics.

I bet PPB should just sit home and eat a quiet dinner to commemorate their father's passing, unless it's an idea by the executors in which they can pocket some millions and not the Jacksons pocketing the millions.

You also forget one thing, the executors have rights over MJ's solo career but they don't have rights over everything.
Motown owned by Universal has rights over MJ's music when he was a kid. So they can use his music and likeness as a kid of photos taken by Motown without approval of the executors.

In the same way, Katherine is guardian of the kids and Jacksons have a legacy over which they have rights, including when MJ was part of them, from Triumph tour to Victory, photos and all that, to extract that would be detrimental to them.

This is not clearcut and if Bravado sued, the Jacksons could also raise their rights to use MJ's likeness as a member of the Jacksons

Remember -

Jackson5 - Motown has rights
The Jacksons - Jacksons have rights as a group
Michael solo career - executors have rights

So that crap of "sue the Jacksons" will only underscore that they have rights to use his image and likeness within teh context of "The Jacksons"

And Katherine as a beneficiary can claim legal expenses from the very same executors seeking to sue her through Bravado, so it's like suing themselves, that's why they have to sit down as is happening now and talk, something executors had refused to do.

I know many have been conditioned to hate the Jacksons but here, no one is in the right and there is a reason why each side is making the decisions that they make.

It's funny to judge Katherine and accuse her of exploiting the kids when you haven't even heard what she has to say, except going by what executors and media have to say.

Since Katherine is a beneficiary of Michael's estate at 40%, she has the money, and you accuse her of exploiting the kids

Why not go and accuse Lisa Marie, beneficiary of Elvis estate of exploiting her 14 year old daughter for something many condemn, putting underage girls on the catwalk? Because it could only happen with parental/guardian approval for a 14 year old.

Oh, and let Paris be looked after by her, she too will be on the Catwalk soon at 14 years if she wants to model, then we will see what you have to say about "exploitation".

the executors just said they didn't know nothing about this deal, and then didn't approve it.

Bravado may sue because they bought the rights for 2 years.

As I said earlier, they are negociating a deal now.

Los Angeles, California (CNN) -- A spokesman for the trustees who control Michael Jackson's estate said designer belts produced under a contract with the pop icon's parents were not authorized.

Asked if there would be legal action to stop the marketing of the belts, estate spokesman Jim Bates said it was undecided.

Another company, Bravado, has a contract with the estate to market Michael Jackson merchandise, Bates said.

A representative of the company marketing the belt said Katherine Jackson, the late pop star's mother, cleared the deal with the trustees.

The sale has been put on hold while lawyers discuss a solution, he said.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Music/05/27/jackson.family.belt/index.html?section=cnn_latest

Rws22....Michael jackson's estate holds the rights to Michael Jackson's image. Whether he was part of the Jacksons, j5....or whatever. Universal hold the rights to the masters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back