UPDATE - #133: the whole thing may be illegal - Blanket, Prince, Paris first autographs up for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
A representative of the company marketing the belt said Katherine Jackson, the late pop star's mother, cleared the deal with the trustees.

This statement makes no sense, in my opinion. To ME, somebody is trying to cover their own butt by using Ms. Katherine's name.

I mean, the folks who are marketing the belts are "supposed" to be business people. I would gather that BUSINESS people, especially when you are dealing with the image of Michael Jackson, would have obtained WRITTEN permission from the estate. When you are embarking on something on this level, you don't rely on somebody's word. It's not like you're setting up a lemonade stand on your boyfriend's lawn, because his mother said you could. LOL!

In the climate we live in now, where folks will sue you if you look at them wrong, I would have thought that these "business" people would know better. Unless like I said, this statement is fradulent and somebody is just trying to cover themselves by throwing Ms. Katherine under the bus.

In any case, if it wasn't for Joe and Katherine, we wouldn't be here talking about MJ, he would be somewhere in Gary unknown.
You, the rest of the hardcore fans of the Jackson Family and probably many members of the Jackson family like it or not Michael Jackson was a GIFT given by God, and YES this is the ONLY reason they are not in Gary today.

This is ONLY truth and the world knows it since the 1960s, however hard it is to take by many.

You, the rest of the hardcore fans of the Jackson Family and probably many members of the Jackson family like it or not Michael Jackson was a GIFT given by God, and YES this is the ONLY reason they are not in Gary today.

This is ONLY truth and the world knows it since the 1960s, however hard it is to take by many.

I agree with this!!!...Michael was so talented and a genius....he would of made it big regardless of Joe and his abuse.

I'll just say that yes, Joe was there in the beginning and pushed them through.. but a real talent will find a way to shine even without any help... and Michael was a real talent.

This is ONLY truth and the world knows it since the 1960s, however hard it is to take many.
Of course you're right! And the proof is in THE belt or should I say the lack of OTHER belts.

This effort is "supposed" to help fund a Jackson FAMILY museum, so where's Jermaine and his children's belt, where's Tito and 3T's belt, where's Jackie and Dealz' belt, where's Randy and his children's belt, where's Janet's belt, where's LaToya's belt?

If they want to make belts to finance the cause, then belts should be made for ALL the "famous" family members, but like you said, they know what time it is and that's why Michael and his children are the only belt targets!

I'll just say that yes, Joe was there in the beginning and pushed them through.. but a real talent will find a way to shine even without any help... and Michael was a real talent.
exactly the past DECADES have proved over and over again who the REAL talent was among them, all those others flopped big time one worse than the other ............. does dynamite ring a bell to anyone..

I know one effing thing Michael himself won't/would'nt tolerate the viscious not so sutle underminding of his Mother on this board or otherwise!
wish you'd expressed this hate for his blood(/Mother/family) while he was physically walking this earth so he could respond to the maligning of his mothers character personally ...
I know In my heart he see's It all though and duely protects and shields her and his children as the good son/father he's always been...

I agree with this!!!...Michael was so talented and a genius....he would of made it big regardless of Joe and his abuse.

Of course, and Ed S. agree with us.

The hypocrites, cynical, jealous, the real "in denial" for so many reasons can say what they want, they're always miles and miles and miles behind/bellow to Michael.

One thing is a fact that Joe is a greedy man - to say the least - I hope that moderation of this forum do not consider my comment offensive, but the truth is that for a man like Joe have a son like Michael is a TRUE GOLD MINE, and he used and abused (in the broad sense of the word) as well understood until Michael came up to the age and fired him.

The fact is people like or not the Jacksons would be today in Gary if Michael did not have born in family, the REAL TRUTH is that the gift that Michael received from God took away the misery of the Jacksons the people "in denial" like it or not, is the ONLY TRUTH.

And when I see people saying that Michael Jackson would not exist without Joe, you seem to forget that Katherine was the FIRST PERSON who noticed the TALENT of Michael, and Michael always liked music and I see that some people talk as if Michael was a product that Joe has invented and had no own desire and talent, which is definitely ridiculous.

It was Katherine who saw Michael's talent and encouraged him, the only thing Joe did was take advantage of the situation.

Michael had a GIFT, that is FACT.

He not have need done Off The Wall to have entered into the history of music and to be considered a TALENT UNEQUALED.

Last edited:
some people need wake up call.making kids sign a belt for whole Jackson family says a lot about how famous other Jacksons are.
no one is throwing Katherine under the bus ,joe is fully capable of doing it.he has been doing that from long time but now Michael is not here to bail his mother ,every one is seeing that.
after Michaels passing just how many business adventure joe started yet he needs money from estate to pay his bill ,does that sound right?

I know one effing thing Michael himself won't/would'nt tolerate the viscious not so sutle underminding of his Mother on this board or otherwise!
wish you'd expressed this hate for his blood(/Mother/family) while he was physically walking this earth so he could respond to the maligning of his mothers character personally ...
I know In my heart he see's It all though and duely protects and shields her and his children as the good son/father he's always been...

I am sure he is more offended that Latoya and others are selling his kids' private info to the tabloids...or that his kids personal business are beign leaked ....or that his mother agreed to have them sign a freakin' belt to raise money for Joe's latest pet project.

I am sure fans criticizing Katherine's lack of judgment in this matter..IS THE LEAST of MJ's worry. Wherever he is...

And we shouldn't be subtle in exposing adults who are greedy, and encourage 3 minors' involvement in selling conterfeited products.

That being said, imagine these same greedy adults at the head of MJ's empire? Just imagine....

I am sure he is more offended that Latoya and others are selling his kids' private info to the tabloids...or that his kids personal business are beign leaked ....or that his mother agreed to have them sign a freakin' belt to raise money for Joe's latest pet project.

I am sure fans criticizing Katherine's lack of judgment in this matter..IS THE LEAST of MJ's worry. Wherever he is...

And we shouldn't be subtle in exposing adults who are greedy, and encourage 3 minors' involvement in selling conterfeited products.

That being said, imagine these same greedy adults at the head of MJ's empire? Just imagine....

exactly

Tell me what else is on the table to commemorate MJ's passing after one year? And which promoter out there would do a comemoration for MJ with no money involved?

Sorry but... do you really think "a belt" is such a comemoration of MJ? :scratch: This is just to rise money for the museum, using MJ image (and kids), not to remember Michael. Are there any Jerm/LaTo/Marlon/Randy's belts out there?

But they want to set up a museum which should have been done long ago, the executors could care less about Gary or Jacksons legacy of which MJ is a part of, but some fans are in hysterics.

Ok... they have been trying to make this for a looooonnnnggg time now, as far as 2008 I think. But remember this is not only a "museum", it's an entertaining facility, hotel, gulf court and the like. So being such a huge thing, they surely can get funds from different sources... unless people didn't trust on the makers of this thing. Why can't they "invest" wihout using MJ's kids?

Since Katherine is a beneficiary of Michael's estate at 40%, she has the money, and you accuse her of exploiting the kids
Wasn't it 20%?
Whatever, it is still a lot of money, no question.

Some of you are becoming super-ridiculous about Jacksons just as the media was. The media hated two people, Michael Jackson and the Jacksons, ever since the 80s. Now that Michael is away, they are left with one to demonise.

Please...do you feel this a fair statement? :no: You surely have the right to voice your opinion, but don't trash all of us.

At the end of the day, we know, as MJ fans, Michael didn't use his kids to get money AT ALL.

Period.

some people need wake up call.making kids sign a belt for whole Jackson family says a lot about how famous other Jacksons are.
no one is throwing Katherine under the bus ,joe is fully capable of doing it.he has been doing that from long time but now Michael is not here to bail his mother ,every one is seeing that.
after Michaels passing just how many business adventure joe started yet he needs money from estate to pay his bill ,does that sound right?

well said.
I respect Mrs. Jackson, but to be honest, I can't understand what's really going on. And well... they will not explain it anyway. After all, it's their lives. But sad thing the kids are right in the middle :(

well said.
I respect Mrs. Jackson, but to be honest, I can't understand what's really going on. And well... they will not explain it anyway. After all, it's their lives. But sad thing the kids are right in the middle :(

that is more painful for all mj fans that kids are right in the middle.:praying for those little
:angel:

Wasn't it 20%?
Whatever, it is still a lot of money, no question.

No, it is 40%. But she isn't receiving it because she, Joe and Jermaine owe millions in some lawsuit regarding a failed concert. She can't will it to anyone either.

Probably Janet did what MJ should have done:say NO to them..so nobody would bother her financially......
I think she's doing the right thing here..
If you keep paying up for your ppl mistakes they'll continue doing them because they know that no matter what mess they create someone's gonna have their backs protected and pay up...

Kate and Joe will never learn,they have a 8 million dollar pending lawsuit with those korean guys so you might think this is a lesson learned...hell no!there's no way in hell they give up trying to make it big....besides i think they are old and they start to have too many vultures around them,where is the rest of the family?oh yes..in africa doing tributes for dictators,in chile doing interview with ppl who claim to have tapes of a MJ molesting kids,on twitter writing shit,on tv calling MJ druggie and allowing his kids paternity to be questioned...in the meanwhile the kids are paying up bills by selling belts....

poor poor MJ,if he only knew what he has left behind.....I don't always agree with kate methods,but till now I have always root for her no matter what,she seemed like a good mother and despite all she does what a mother should do,love everybody equally with no distinction,now I think that leaving his kids with his family is maybe the only mistake M has done in his will....all those years spent on educating and protecting his children,keeping them away from this shit...i feel bad for him everyday a bit more...

:no:

Last edited:
OK I have not read the whole thread, I don't know what's this about but I just wish everyone would leave those kids alone. They are not celebrities, yes they have a famous father but gosh.. :no:

Of course, and Ed S. agree with us.

The hypocrites, cynical, jealous, the real "in denial" for so many reasons can say what they want, they're always miles and miles and miles behind/bellow to Michael.

One thing is a fact that Joe is a greedy man - to say the least - I hope that moderation of this forum do not consider my comment offensive, but the truth is that for a man like Joe have a son like Michael is a TRUE GOLD MINE, and he used and abused (in the broad sense of the word) as well understood until Michael came up to the age and fired him.

The fact is people like or not the Jacksons would be today in Gary if Michael did not have born in family, the REAL TRUTH is that the gift that Michael received from God took away the misery of the Jacksons the people "in denial" like it or not, is the ONLY TRUTH.

And when I see people saying that Michael Jackson would not exist without Joe, you seem to forget that Katherine was the FIRST PERSON who noticed the TALENT of Michael, and Michael always liked music and I see that some people talk as if Michael was a product that Joe has invented and had no own desire and talent, which is definitely ridiculous.

It was Katherine who saw Michael's talent and encouraged him, the only thing Joe did was take advantage of the situation.

Michael had a GIFT, that is FACT.

He not have need done Off The Wall to have entered into the history of music and to be considered a TALENT UNEQUALED.

OMG I am not alone. :angel:

2hhdbvt.jpg

f2ocw6.jpg

kex8gk.jpg

2z4jxup.jpg

Some people may think people are overreacting but apart from the comment about this being like selling the kids' bodies in a brothel, I haven't seen overreaction. The kids may not be directly hurt or feel exploited but I'm going with my gut feeling that this is very wrong. Blanket is 8 for goodness sake. The idea that someone thought his 'autograph':)no:) would be attractive to a purchaser and earn them money is just..creepy/disturbing.

When I first saw this news headline I thought it would be some fake scrawlings being sold by a random person on ebay or something. I certainly did not expect and was very surprised to see Katherine involved, and to a lesser extent Joe. I give everyone, including Joe, the benefit of the doubt and the chance to change.. and I'd heard (through an ex mjjc member who knows the family) that despite his failings as a father, he is a good grandfather and Prince's speech at the Grammys seemed to confirm that. This latest 'wrong doing' which he (and Katherine) are involved in is soooooo disappointing.

Also I'm kind of surpirsed to read that the Estate has given permission, but they aren't in control of the children's lives, Katherine is. Although...the same ex mjjc member I talked about above (soso deaf) advised fans on twitter not to bother sending cards/gifts on Paris' birthday because they had to be approved by the estate - branca and mcclain, before they could be accepted... though some of us here on mjjc sent each child a gift and we know they were accepted. So not sure if that was true.. :scratch:

Anyway, I hope the children don't get to feel bad for something which (I assume) they felt they were doing for their father.. and even possibly found fun (to sign their name).

Knowing how Michael protected his children I do not think he would be happy about this.

:sigh:

No, it is 40%. But she isn't receiving it because she, Joe and Jermaine owe millions in some lawsuit regarding a failed concert. She can't will it to anyone either.
thanks for the reminder.
yes, she can't will it.
but yes, she can't receive her part, I understand, for those "pending" issues about a concert (in Japan or something?)

aggg
money talks

I will again say it: I respect HER. I really do. I just don't understand what's going on.

Also I'm kind of surpirsed to read that the Estate has given permission, but they aren't in control of the children's lives, Katherine is. Although...the same ex mjjc member I talked about above (soso deaf) advised fans on twitter not to bother sending cards/gifts on Paris' birthday because they had to be approved by the estate - branca and mcclain, before they could be accepted... though some of us here on mjjc sent each child a gift and we know they were accepted. So not sure if that was true.. :scratch:

Anyway, I hope the children don't get to feel bad for something which (I assume) they felt they were doing for their father.. and even possibly found fun (to sign their name).

Knowing how Michael protected his children I do not think he would be happy about this.

:sigh:

Not true. The belts were illegally made.

IMO SoSoDeaf would have never said the gifts would be intercepted by the executors. The executors don't live at Hayvenhurst. Michael left them in control of his business not the children.

They have no say in the kids being on youtube or them signing belt to raise money for Joe & Katherine latest' venture.

Makes no sense...but I will ask her to clarify that statement. But I can tell you, I highly doubt she'd say something like that.

Some of yall need to listen to MJ's Moonwalker interview...where he said his mom has disappointed him a few times. Katherine is not a saint...she is prone to mistakes like anyone else.

Last edited:
Not true. The belts were illegally made.

Yes. But even if these were legally made, I would say we can just forget about the belts. After all, Bravado and the Estate can surely take care of themselves and there are looooootttssss of memorabilia on its way.

The key here is the "very first autographs" of the kids.
that's what they are auctioning, and that is something we (well, at least some of us) can't understand.

It could have been a shirt, a shoe, a keychain, a mug, whatever, it's those little signatures, coming from the little ones. they stressed that fact on tv, didn't they? It could have only Mrs. & Mr. Jackson signatures and that would be fine. So the problem or the issue here is about the kids.

Rws22....Michael jackson's estate holds the rights to Michael Jackson's image. Whether he was part of the Jacksons, j5....or whatever. Universal hold the rights to the masters
It's ok for these people to be in control of Michael's image; but the Jackson family---Michael's BLOOD family---god forbid. And I agree with what RSW22 posted. The upcoming anniversary of Michael's death is next month. I haven't heard a peep out of the estate ALL year about any tribute concert in his behalf. Since people want to put up a fuss about the family doing a museum without the executor's approval, why don't these 'appointed exectutors' (depending on what you want to believe) help the Jacksons set up a museum honoring the family? Because despite popular belief, the Jacksons--ALL OF THEM---whether as solo artists as well as a group contributed GREATLY to popular music and to the world. Even if another hit doesn't come out from any of them, what they accomplished as a family--yes even with Joe at the helm--, they deserve more respect that what they have been given. So why not a museum in their honor? What's up, executors?

So why not a museum in their honor? What's up, executors?

estate is still in the process of probate. in this time period they can only pay the debts and make deals (bring in money).. They cannot freely spend money until they pay off all the debts and the probate process is over. It's the law.

even if they want to / plan to build a museum they have to wait till the end of the probate process.

Last edited:
It's ok for these people to be in control of Michael's image; but the Jackson family---Michael's BLOOD family---god forbid. And I agree with what RSW22 posted. The upcoming anniversary of Michael's death is next month. I haven't heard a peep out of the estate ALL year about any tribute concert in his behalf. Since people want to put up a fuss about the family doing a museum without the executor's approval, why don't these 'appointed exectutors' (depending on what you want to believe) help the Jacksons set up a museum honoring the family? Because despite popular belief, the Jacksons--ALL OF THEM---whether as solo artists as well as a group contributed GREATLY to popular music and to the world. Even if another hit doesn't come out from any of them, what they accomplished as a family--yes even with Joe at the helm--, they deserve more respect that what they have been given. So why not a museum in their honor? What's up, executors?

idk, maybe the executers are still holding that issue with joe trying to get them remove against that's why they not to keen on supporting any projects from the family or they don't don't have any say in the family projects b/c they just head of mj estate

Could you please post a link if you have it? Thanks ;)

Oooops...I don't have it on my computer.

I will look for it later or tomorrow & DM you the link.

YES. YES. YES. And you know why? Because that is what Michael J. Jackson wanted. Michael Jackson suffered, lost his childhood...He earned this money. HE DECIDED HE DID NOT WANT JOE, KATHERINE, JACKIE, TITO, JERMAINE, LATOYA, JANET & least of all, RANDY TO OVERSEE HIS MUSIC EMPIRE. Can you grasp that little fact????

WHEN HE WAS ALIVE HE DID NOT WANT HIS FAMILY IN HIS BUSINESS...AND NOW THAT HE IS GONE WHY WOULD HE HAVE WANTED IT ANY DIFFERENTLY???

He wanted business partners & friends to handle his estate..UNTIL his children can take over. UNLESS THE CURRENT EXECUTORS DECIDE OTHERWISE, THERE WONT BE A JACKSON IN CHARGE OF HIS ESTATE FOR ANOTHER 12 YEARS....EXACTLY LIKE MJ WANTED IT.

NOW SIT BACK AND GET OVER IT...

These executors should always follow MJ's guideline...if MJ did not want to do business with the family ...they should respect that.

That family museum has been on the table for close to 3 years...if MJ wasn't involved then...his estate shouldn't be now.

OT. The estate should support an MJ museum. lol. I wouldn't step foot in a museum honoring Randy. Seriously.

Last edited:

Because John Branca and John McClain are not the executors of the Jackson Family Estate. Why SHOULD Michael's estate set up a museum honoring the Jackson Family?

Of course the Jackson family contributed to popular music and should be honored. So, they should get together and honor themselves, right? What does Michael's MONEY have to do with it? Where's Janet? Can't she help fund the museum? Why must Michael be used and bombarded every single time by his family? Have we forgotten Michael's own words on the Glenda tapes??

In life and now in death, the weight of the Jackson family (financially) is on Michael's (and now his children) shoulders and it needs to stop. The Osmands could stand on their own without Donny and Marie... why can't the Jackson's stand without Michael?

The Jackson Family will get more respect when they do something to DESERVE respect. If the family is a dynasty then they should show and prove and stop depending on a dead man and his children to get by.

why on earth they will help for family museum.Michael appointed them to look after his estate not whole family,he didn't think that he needed to help whole family after his death.
family is using Michaels image to promote their agenda,its executors job to prevent that ,they are doing that because Michael chose them to look after his business and his image not the family.
executors are not stopping family from building their museum .if the whole family contributed to music world then why they need michaels image and signature of his 3 minor kids?
what happened to other famous Jacksons?
why not make Janet belt ? she belongs to that family.Heck what ever skit she did as child artist ,it was all written by Michael ,all ideas belong to Michael ,so why not credit Michael for her success in business.as Jackson family fans tend to do when it comes to Michaels success,even his family tend to do that.
no one is stopping them .its their inability thats what stopping them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back