US Presidential Election ... [All recent threads merged here]

Hack Into Obama Campaign Site Exploited A Coding Flaw

SAN JOSE, Calif. - A simple flaw in the coding of Sen. Barack Obama's Web site led to a hacking switcheroo of presidential proportions just days before the important Pennsylvania primary.
Some supporters who tried to visit the community blogs section of Obama's site started noticing late last week they were being redirected to Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton's official campaign site.
Security researchers said a hacker exploited a so-called "cross-site scripting" vulnerability in Obama's Web site to engineer the ruse.
Netcraft Ltd. said the hacker injected code into certain pages in the section _ code that was then executed when subsequent visitors tried to view the community blogs section. The vulnerability has since been fixed.
While the hack appears to have been a prank, researchers said the breach underscored that candidates risk exposing their supporters to computer viruses and identity theft if they don't secure their Web sites. For instance, a similar mechanism could be employed to redirect campaign site users to a site that steals personal information from visitors.
"With people closely watching the heated contest to determine the next U.S. president, you can bet that this won't be the last time such attacks happen," Symantec Corp. researcher Zulfikar Ramzan wrote on the company's official blog.
Neither campaign responded to e-mail messages seeking comment.
The community blogs feature is working normally again this week. The link that took visitors to Clinton's site now directs visitors to the appropriate page, which is populated with blog postings from Obama supporters around the country.
On the Net:
http://www.barackobama.com
http://www.hillaryclinton.com
A service of the Associated Press(AP)​

Re: US Presidential Election

FINALLY it's OREGON'S TURN!

I re-registered from Independent Voter (been that for YEARS) to Dem voter just so I could VOTE in Oregon's May 20th 2008 PRIMARY - I received the ballot May 2nd and MAILED it in!

Check how I voted for this >>> HERE

And OOOOH YES WE CAN!!! Help make this HOPE for our future come true:

And here is a fantastic 30 second video someone made out of Washington (the state just north of me)
It's Simple, sweet and to the point!
called "COME TOGETHER"

No more drama! VOTE OBAMA!

Last edited:

Amid Talk of the End and Boos From the Crowd, Clinton Carries On

May 8, 2008

By JOHN M. BRODER

SHEPHERDSTOWN, W.Va. — Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton’s greatest gift may be her ability to remain upright and smiling as chaos and chagrin surround her.

On what was probably one of the toughest days of her campaign so far, with pundits and analysts of all stripes declaring her presidential candidacy finished, Mrs. Clinton put on her battle face Wednesday and confronted what was at times a hostile crowd at a hastily arranged speech here at Shepherd University.

Mrs. Clinton endured boos when she mentioned her proposal for a gasoline tax holiday, catcalls when she spoke of ending the Iraq war and, most difficult of all, the heckling of her daughter, Chelsea, who introduced her.

“End the dynasty!” a young man holding an Obama poster shouted when Chelsea Clinton stepped to the microphone.

All the while, a smile was fixed on Mrs. Clinton’s perfectly made-up face — not a hair was out of place — and she betrayed only an occasional glimmer of recognition of the exceedingly narrow straits she must now navigate.

At one point in her 19-minute remarks, Mrs. Clinton promised that the United States would have universal health care “if I’m president,” a deviation from her customary “when I’m president.” She said she was proud of her two-point victory in Indiana on Tuesday, but made no mention of her 14-point loss in North Carolina. Nor did she speak the name of her rival, Senator Barack Obama, or even refer to him as “my opponent,” as she ordinarily does.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/08/u...r=1&ref=politics&pagewanted=print&oref=slogin

I agree with Tom Hanks, Bruce Springsteen, Usher, Will I Am and many others Barack Obama2008!

Seriously, Clinton should just throw in the towel. It's gone rotten now. This has nothing to do with the fact that I support Obama, I'd be saying the same thing about Obama if he was in Hillary's situation. She's hanging on a thin rope putting all her hope into Michigan and Florida... I just don't see it happening.

she's better off being a 'quitter' than a bad (selfish) fighter (loser).

You have to assume that if someone asked Hillary if she cared more about the country or her own ambitions to become President, she would say the country. And at this point, her "fighting" and refusal to "quit" is basically just making it harder for Obama to beat McCain. Using logic, one would think Clinton would prefer Obama to McCain...

Well as of today the count is

Delegate Count(2,025 Needed to Win)StateDateDelegatesObamaClintonTotal- 1865 1697Super Delegates- 795 274 271
Pledged Delegates- 303615911426

West Virginia 28 delegates

Oregon 51 Delegates

Kentucky 51 Delegates

Puerto Rico 55 Delegates

Montana 16

South Dakota 15

There is only 217 delegates left. She cannot HONESTLY catch Barack Obama or become the Dem. nominee.

Last edited:

Edwards has been very clever, he has just sat there and waited for these two to get to this point and then chosen the perceived dem. winner to shake hands with. Well played :yes:

LOL exactly. cunning sod.

r-OBAMA-EDWARDS-huge.jpg

:rofl: and now he's being photographed grinning like a cheshire cat... picture tells 1000 words

edwards is a big MARY :chichi:

Bitter ?? Yes, I am ... what of it :eviltongue:

Kids, give it a rest... I could really give a blow about Edwards endorsement to Obama... although it's not a bad move - especially since Obama's paster who is NOW RETIRED has given Obama some bad rap with the stupid MEDIA! AND The Clinton's and Repubo's are trying to use all that against Obama and HOW LAME is that?

Any whoooo! Oregon's Primary is MAY 20th... betcha' Obama is GONNA WIN! :) just you watch...

Oh! A wee bit OT, but speaking of Religion, and 9/11, Politics, Taxes, and more ..... (brace yourself now) read this long winded email I recently sent out that really gets your mind to THINK on things:

I wanted to send you all about a must see documentary.
It is a 2 hour long film, and well worth the time to watch called:
Zeitgeist (it also won an award in 2007)

The first part is a bit about plagiarism at it's best when in regards to "The Bible".
Overall, it is a bit of an eye opener to say the least with other things brought up in this documentary.

Description of film in 3 parts :
ZEITGEIST, The Movie - Remastered / Final Edition - Full Production.
What does Christianity, 911 and The Federal Reserve all have in common?

I don't know who was really was behind 9/11 but this film just adds to my anger on how we were LIED to just to go to war in Iraq. Right at a time, the perfect time, when America's feelings were still raw and hurt from the terrible incident, therefore could be so easily persuaded to go into war...

I admit, I had a chuckle big time around 11 minutes in this film, and again around 47 minutes into this film when Bush had Saddam on the brain while trying to speak about Osama attacking the towers.
If you've ever watched the PBS Frontline special "The Dark Side" found online to watch here: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/darkside/view/ , you'd know that when 9/11 happened, the first d@mn thing on their minds was to attack Iraq, even though they had NO proof whatsoever that Saddam had any connection to 9/11 - and he didn't.
AND he also did not have WMD's. Go figure. But don't get me wrong, Saddam was a horrible tyrant but is Bush & Company any better?

Another film that supports this is called: "Why We Fight". You can watch a bit of that film compiled online
(under the name of "America: Remember the Lies")
Also read the info & other links provided there as well
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xxhzc_america-remember-the-lies_news

I found Zeitgeiston Google - the Full Remastered / Final Edition version but was unable to watch it very well online.
The original link here : http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-594683847743189197&hl=en

EDIT>> watching it from the embedded Google video will NOT give you the entire 2 hour video - Click on link from authors web site below

(wonder if Google is messing with this video some how when and where the video actually begins )

This was uploaded on Google Feb 2008 - but because this might get deleted ( also found on AUTHOR'S Web site: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/ ) ,
I downloaded and saved the video with KeepVid ( http://keepvid.com/ )

To download this complete film with the KeepVid web site, just copy the Google link above and paste it in the box.
Then from the drop down menu, select Google and you will find a link to download this in FLV format to your hard drive. (about 327 megs )
THIS version is the WHOLE complete version and plays much smoother and with easier viewing than online.

Note: There are several FLV players out there, but an AWESOME free one I found is from the link below
I downloaded mine from SnapFiles because they verify there are no problems with the files.
This is the NEW FLV Player version 2.0.24
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/flvplayer.html

A cool thing about this FLV player is that you can take the RIGHT lower corner and stretch it to the size YOU want. And unlike other FLV players, this one will allow you to pause, forward, or move back etc.

Take the time and watch Zeitgeist while you can before some religious bible thumpers or some political party has it deleted.
PLEASE WATCH THE ENTIRE film before passing judgment.
Some parts you may already know about, but there are parts in this film that I did not realize... it all boils down to money, power, and greed.
What a crying shame...

Don't be afraid, after all, knowledge is POWER, but you may think differently about religion, government, taxes, and other things after viewing this film.
But then again, if you are not a free thinker but part of the "sheeple" herd mentality, it probably (again) won't make a difference to you anyway.

But then again ..."Doesn't it matter who PAID for 9/11?"

And doesn't it matter to you how many GENERATIONS to come will continue to pay for all of this in one way or another?

It's interesting how HISTORY may be forgotten, but it is often repeated. (will we ever learn?!)

Around 73 minutes into this film you hear from Charles Lindbergh giving a speech on Sept 11th, 1941 (ironic the date)
sexysearchjj3.jpg

"When hostilities commenced in Europe in 1939, it was realized that the American people had no intention of entering the war. But they believed that this country could be in placed into the war in very much the same way that it was enticed into the last one."

(See / hear a Youtube video of his full speech here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_F48oaOskI )

About 90 minutes into this film, well let's just say I was NOT surprised! but still was "WOWED" at what it revealed...

All in all, Zeitgeist is a very interesting documentary and I hope you'll take the time to watch this.

Oregon's Primary is held May 20th, 2008. Although by the time this reaches Oregon, we are now down to choose from only 3 candidates, I've re-registered from being an Independent voter to another party JUST SO I CAN HAVE MY SAY THIS TIME.
(Oregon only allows registered Repubo's or Dem's to vote in Primaries.)

So guess who I voted for because I want a "change" that is long over due for our country and the world...
HOWEVER, NOT just any "change" ( just look at the so called "changes" Bush has caused ) but a change for the BETTER.
Hint: Let's just say it wasn't the Bush clone reject throw back, nor was it a woman... ;)

Sorry I've rambled on...

So if you get a chance please watch Zeitgeist and ENJOY if not learn something from it! ;-)

All the best,
Cindy

PS: Can't figure who I voted for? Well see my ANSWER HERE
url: http://img297.imageshack.us/my.php?image=oregonvotesforobamazf0.jpg

PSPS: Can you tell that I really liked this documentary or what?

Last edited by a moderator:

If I'm thinking of the same documentary, I stopped watching Zeitgeist by the time they got to the "9/11 was an inside job" stuff.

The part about debunking Jesus was filled with errors up the wazoo also.

If I'm thinking of the same documentary, I stopped watching Zeitgeist by the time they got to the "9/11 was an inside job" stuff.

The part about debunking Jesus was filled with errors up the wazoo also.

From the author's web site, READ the Q & A section. They are also coming out with a SECOND version of this film Oct 2008.

Speaking of religion... have you heard of this bit?

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

-- Epicurus

http://webspace.ship.edu/cgboer/latergreeks.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Problem_of_evil

yea, I've had a bit of a change of heart in the last 6 months about things....

Last edited:

EDWARDS ENDORSES OBAMA

EDWARDS FOR VP - come on son.

Game well played by Obama and Edwards. His endorsement overshadowed Hillary's victory in West Virginia. Presuming Obama to be the Democratic nominee, he would have those white working class voters. The Clinton campaign keeps stressing that and Edwards was there to save the day for Obama. Great team if you ask me!

OH THIS IS SOOO COOOOOL! I just received this in my email. AND at a time while we are having AWESOME weather here finally! AND guess who is in PORTLAND, OREGON AGAIN and on THIS SUNDAY, May 18th 2008?!

Read link below!

RALLY WITH BARACK OBAMA in Portland, Oregon

WE SENT OUR RSVP and are looking forward to attending this event!

It says we can't bring bags (and of course no banners) but because Cameron is Autistic, I hope they allow me to bring a diaper bag (he is still not #2 potty trained) and I'll have to bring a diaper and juice for him etc.

Has anyone attended one of these sort of things POST 9/11? I mean, I haven't even flown since 9/11 let alone go to some rally. My hubby says he'd love to also go but says NOW we'll be put on some bloody no fly zone list (he's a brit) because of attending this! LOL

I just said, "Whatever - Obama is worth it! And we are going!" :punk:

Pics of Waterfront Park, Downtown, Portland Oregon found here

Last edited:

as opposed to duped? or further duped if we're talking relativity.

just a swipe at the other possible presidential nominees, as well as Obama in some way. but i feel he is the better of the three.

CindyRilla, thanks for everything you have posted. You and Datsmay definitely keep things interesting . . .

I am still struggling with dialup but getting adsl by the end of the month. Once I do so, I will take your advice and give Zeitgeist a watch.

From the author's web site, READ the Q & A section. They are also coming out with a SECOND version of this film Oct 2008.

Speaking of religion... have you heard of this bit?

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

-- Epicurus

http://webspace.ship.edu/cgboer/latergreeks.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Problem_of_evil

yea, I've had a bit of a change of heart in the last 6 months about things....

I'm sry, Cindy, but what does this have to do with this thread topic?

Back