USA Members of MJJC Please Read This

Bee.

Proud Member
Now, that I have gotten your attention (hopefully) I want to ask you a very serious question. Have your registered to vote? If you have, GREAT! If you haven't and you are over the age of 18, you should registered. I was listening to the "Steve Harvey Morning Show" last week and he stated that many people are not registered to vote. He said that he has a link on his website so that people can click on it and register to vote. I went on there and it was the official website to Barack Obama. In his website, there is a section where people can register to vote. All they have to do is click on the state that they reside in and register. I am going to post the link on here so that American members who are over the age of 18 who haven't register to vote, can. This is a very important election and if you have not follow it closely, please do. This affect mine's and your lives and if you do not vote, not only would it not be counted, but you cannot complain when the wrong people in the office are running the country. If you guys want to know, I have already registered to vote and have been since I was 18 years old.

I have a few rules regarding this thread:

1. This thread was not made to trash America, their policies or anything relating to that. This is a very important thread that should be created so that people who are eligible to vote can.

2. If you are an American and do not believed in your country and do not want to vote, please do not post on this thread. To be honest, I really am not interested. This is not a time to trash your country. America has failed on many Americans, including me, but that doesn't mean that all hope is lost. This is an opportunity for US citizens to change things and voting is a start.

3. Please state on here if you did register or will register.

Here is the link:

http://my.barackobama.com/page/content/vrachome

Last edited:
Now, that I have gotten your attention (hopefully) I want to ask you a very serious question? Have your registered to vote? If you have, GREAT! If you haven't and you are over the age of 18, you must vote. I was listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show last week and he stated that many people are not registered to vote. He said that he has a link to his website so that people can click on it and register to vote. I went on there and it was the official website to Barack Obama. In his website, there is a section where people can register to vote. All they have to do is click on the state that they reside in and register. I am going to post the link on here so that American members who are over the age of 18 who haven't register to vote, can. This is a very important election and if you have no follow it closely, please do. This affect mine and your lives and if you do not vote, not only would it not be counted, but you cannot complain when the wrong people in the office are running your country. If you guys want to know, I have already registered to vote and have been since I was 18 years old.

And mine. Probably the whole worlds! Vote!

I have been a registered Democrat voter since the age of 18...

No country is perfect...its the only one we got...

Let your voices be heard...Rock the Vote.............!

Yes, register to vote.
If you're voting McCain, you can disregard this. Stay home and take a long nap on November 4th.

I joke. No, not really. :bugeyed

Some more helpful links to get registered to vote as Bee has only provided a link to registering as a democrat :flowers:

This is where you should go if you're interested in voting, link has a lot of voting facts for ALL parties:

http://www.register-vote.com/

Popular site dedicated to the younger generation, let's you know which celebs have recently signed up and who they're supporting etc:

http://www.rockthevote.com/

In my humble opinion everyone should vote, we all have to here in Australia and we're not travelling too bad :)

Thank you for posting the link to all parties LJ - everyone should make their own minds up on which parties benefit their life styles and their beliefs.

Yes, I'm registered and plan on voting in this election :yes:

Thanks for posting the other links, L.J. I didn't know that the one I posted was for democrat. My fault. I did not want to promote any type of bias because not everyone is a democrat. I just wanted people to be registered to vote so they can vote on Novemeber 4th.

VOTE!

I am voting for John McCain because we need someone like him in the White House. It is because of John is why I am very proud to be a Republican. Obama just plain sucks sorry but he does. I can't wait to vote for John in November.

Last edited by a moderator:
umm ok....people can vote for whoever they want.We all have different views.

Personally I am truly distressed on who to vote for...What we have seen/heard thus far...many Americans are not impressed..!

Politicians, Democrats, Republicans, Independents, Black, White, Green, or Blue, Male, Female... always make lots of promises during election time...

There are MANY critical issues that we as the American people need to consider when the time comes to elect a President...(Supreme Court, Domestic & International Issues, Economy, Homeland Security, Foreign Affairs and the lists continues)

Unfortuantely, many of our Represenitives have prioritized power, the almighty dollar, and the self absorbtion of greed to acheive their goal (s) of self promotion...

In the end... all that should matter is the integrity, qualifications, experience, and the determination to get the job done the way our founding fathers desired our democratic process to be implemented..!

Heal The World~~~Education Is The Key"

Last edited:
Personally I am truly distressed on who to vote for...What we have seen/heard thus far...many Americans are not impressed..!

Politicians, Democrats, Republicans, Independents, Black, White, Green, or Blue, Male, Female... always make lots of promises during election time...

There are MANY critical issues that we as the American people need to consider when the time comes to elect a President...(Supreme Court, Domestic & International Issues, Economy, Homeland Security, Foreign Affairs and the lists continues)

Unfortuantely, many of our Represenitives have prioritized power, the almighty dollar, and the self absorbtion of greed to acheive their goal (s) of self promotion...

In the end... all that should matter is the integrity, qualifications, experience, and the determination to get the job done the way our founding fathers desired our democratic process to be implemented..!

Heal The World~~~Education Is The Key"

I hope you make the right choice. I hope we all do. I'd say, to everyone, do research, not just listen to tv advertising. In just one instance, take a look at the economy, and ask yourself, is what the U.S. government has been doing for the last eight years, WORKING? If not, why not? Can we even begin to risk more of the same? My retirement fund is with AIG, and that is serious.

Everyone should register to vote. It's our right and duty as citizens. Everyone who votes should have arrived at a decision through thoughtfulness and reflection. There is still time. . . . . and good luck to us. . . .

Yes, "Education IS the key."

peace,

Victoria

I am a registered voter but am uncertain as to who to vote.

Since I can't vote, and if you still haven't decided who to vote for when election day comes, can I have your vote then?

I'm sure we can come up with a good price for me to buy it. Just hit me up on pm and let me know.
I know who I would vote for you see :D

j/k, I hope you figure it out in time =)

i wish i could vote.
unfortunately i was born about 4 months too late. i turn 18 in february. but i am signed up to work the polls!

^ aww gee 4 months that's rotten luck, my brother missed out by 5 and a biot months on one of our elections and he really wanted to have a go at voting cause it was being discussed a lot during his final year of school.

Great of you to sign up to help though :kickass2:

excellent thread. thanks. i got to change my party from independent to democrat. :)

^ aww gee 4 months that's rotten luck, my brother missed out by 5 and a biot months on one of our elections and he really wanted to have a go at voting cause it was being discussed a lot during his final year of school.

Great of you to sign up to help though :kickass2:

*sigh*
i know. flippin sucks.
but thanks :)

I still can't believe there are people on here that is stupid enough to vote for that Obama character. I am voting for John McCain because we need someone like him in the White House. It is because of John is why I am very proud to be a Republican. Obama just plain sucks sorry but he does. I can't wait to vote for John in November.

First of all, no one is STUPID for voting for Obama or McCain. It is fine if you do not agree to what Obama is saying but to call others stupid is low, silly, immature, and laughable. This thread is not about Obama or McCain. This thread is about members who are US citizens who have not registered to vote. That is what this thread is about. It is not about who is a democrat or a republican. TBH, I really do not care what anyone's parties are I just care if these people have registered to vote. Let's not start bitching and moaning about some Obama. There is a Election thread (a great one at that) all about it. You can post your frustration on there. I would keep on going, but I am not.

I have used this site to make sure I am registered to vote. I have also donated $25 dollars once and then they released a CD that you get if you donate $30 or more. It features, among others, Stevie Wonder, John Legend (two of my three favorite artists, MJ being the third), Jill Scott, Lionel Richie..... so I had to donate.

http://store.barackobama.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=CD3000

CD3000-2.jpg

1. Eternity - Lionel Richie
2. Signed Sealed Delivered - Stevie Wonder
3. Waiting On The World To Change - John Mayer
4. American Prayer - Dave Stewart
5. Battle Cry - Shontelle
6. Make It Better - Los Lonely Boys
7. Pride In The Name Of Love - John Legend
8. I Have A Dream - BeBe Winans
9. Am I All Alone - Suai
10. One Is The Magic # - Jill Scott
11. Love & Hope - Ozomatli
12. Looking East - Jackson Browne
13. Out of Our heads - Sheryl Crow
14. Promised Land - Malik Yusef with Kanye West and Adam Levine of Maroon 5
15. Hold On - Yolanda Adams
16. America The Beautiful - Keb' Mo'
17. America - Ken Stacey
18. Wide River - Buddy Miller

Why don't people report posts that they' feel are a problem?

Thread has had a minor clean... please sometimes it's better to report than to respond :flowers:

also please note generalizations about the people who vote for a candidate are not very cool

Last edited:
Why don't people report posts that they' feel are a problem?
Thread has had a minor clean... please sometimes it's better to report than to respond :flowers:
also please note generalizations about the people who vote for a candidate are not very cool

You're absouluetly right L.J. and I apologize for my part in that.
And I rarely, if at all, respond to or go into threads that can be considered controversal.

*blows the dust off of report button*

Back