Vancouver 2010

I'm so looking forward for the game between Sweden and Finland! It will be exciting! I have to wake up at 7am though :yawn:
Finland just won Germany and Teemu Selänne is now officially holding the record of most points in the Olympics! (of active players) :clapping:

LOL :lol: I hadn't even heard about him before this thread :blush: But since he has so many fans I'm sure he's a great athlete.

Not only that, he's down to earth and he's such a kindhearted guy....and he's GORGE!

Hey first gold medal for Austria Ladies down hill skiing! Congratulations to Andrea Fischbacher!!!!

mjjchunt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Gaaaahhh I'm happy for Simon Amman for winning the gold medal in ski jumping but Gosh I hope Janne Ahonen finally gets the individual olympic medal when they go to big hill! He would really really deserve it!!!
No more 4th places for him pleeeease.

Sorrily it didn't happen. :better: I gotta say that Simon Amman deserves the 2 gold medals, he's simply unbeatable.

Can't believe I didn't join in the conversation in this thread. I love all kinds of Winter sports but the ice-hockey.:cheeky:

We have some sportsmen at the Olympics but we are not so good in Winter sports so I cheer for Finnish people.
flag-smiley-7319.gif

Hey first gold medal for Austria Ladies down hill skiing! Congratulations to Andrea Fischbacher!!!!

Congratulations to the gold.
They are going for their dreams in the olympics and for some of them the dream comes true.

Sorrily it didn't happen. :better: I gotta say that Simon Amman deserves the 2 gold medals, he's simply unbeatable.

Can't believe I didn't join in the conversation in this thread. I love all kinds of Winter sports but the ice-hockey.:cheeky:

We have some sportsmen at the Olympics but we are not so good in Winter sports so I cheer for Finnish people.
flag-smiley-7319.gif
Ahonen will forever be without individual olympic medal :( And I don't understand what happened to Hautamäki, he was on such good positions :no: And he has always been the ski jumper in our team who takes individual medals in olympics, well.. I guess team Finland won't get to their goal of 12 medals :doh: Very few athlete has been on their own level.

I'm happy for Ammann too though, he's very likeable and he deserves the gold.
Apolo makes history:clapping:

I'm so happy for him, even though he's gonna beat himself up for this.
What did he do? :D

Ahonen will forever be without individual olympic medal :( And I don't understand what happened to Hautamäki, he was on such good positions :no: And he has always been the ski jumper in our team who takes individual medals in olympics, well.. I guess team Finland won't get to their goal of 12 medals :doh: Very few athlete has been on their own level.

I'm happy for Ammann too though, he's very likeable and he deserves the gold.

What did he do? :D

He was in 2nd place and then he slipped which made him lose speed and he dropped to 5th place..however he was able to recover and place 3rd.

He wouldnt stop saying "One mistake, I made one mistake"
I also felt bad for him because I think he feels like the koreans are teaming up on him:no:..I need to hug him.

He was in 2nd place and then he slipped which made him lose speed and he dropped to 5th place..however he was able to recover and place 3rd.

He wouldnt stop saying "One mistake, I made one mistake"
I also felt bad for him because I think he feels like the koreans are teaming up on him:no:..I need to hug him.
Well good that he got bronze anyway. The same happened to Finnish skater and he lost the bronze with 0,3 seconds.

I'm so looking forward for the game between Sweden and Finland! It will be exciting! I have to wake up at 7am though :yawn:
Finland just won Germany and Teemu Selänne is now officially holding the record of most points in the Olympics! (of active players) :clapping:

Games between Sweden and Finland are always exciting.It begins 6am here and I have to go to work at 7.But it´s not the end for the team who lose.
I read Selänne did his first olympics 1992 , has he been in every winterolympics since then?

Games between Sweden and Finland are always exciting.It begins 6am here and I have to go to work at 7.But it´s not the end for the team who lose.
I read Selänne did his first olympics 1992 , has he been in every winterolympics since then?
Yes, these are his 5th Olympics :yes:

I prefer the Summer Olympics over the Winter Olympics, the sports of the WO don't really interest me (apart from speedskating). And we usually get a lot more medals in the Summer Olympics ;) Our goal for this campaign was to be in the top 10, currently we're 11th with 4 medals only (2G, 1S, 1B) but hopefully that's gonna change when Sven Kramer puts on his skates again :D

I prefer the Summer Olympics over the Winter Olympics, the sports of the WO don't really interest me (apart from speedskating). And we usually get a lot more medals in the Summer Olympics ;) Our goal for this campaign was to be in the top 10, currently we're 11th with 4 medals only (2G, 1S, 1B) but hopefully that's gonna change when Sven Kramer puts on his skates again :D

you guys ROCK in speed skating! i love watching you guys skate!

Embrace yourself for tonights game all hockey fans :
Usa vs team canada
@ canada place in vancouuuuuver......make some noise yàllll

I'm there!!!! :punk::punk: are you gonna be at the game???

ARKLOVE ARE YOU GONNA BE IN TOWN???

Nope, unfortunately. :( But i did watch canada vs norway and then russia vs latvia on the same night at gm place (canada place). The person whom i got the tix from screwed up and gave me two hockey game tix for the same night..

OOO i will post some pics of downtown. Yesterday (saturday) my friends and i spent the whole day and night in vancouver downtown. We requested MJ song at the store Roots and Roots turned into a dance floor..It was soo amazing.

Picture858.jpg

Ran into some Russian fans...

Picture876.jpg

Dance party inside Roots store, the dj played 10 mins of MJ mix upon my request, apparently his gf is a huge fan (plus she worked there) and she danced her ass off in one corner and my friends and i danced our asses off in the other..What a fun filled night...

Picture900.jpg

Picture815.jpg

Last edited:

Nope, unfortunately. :( But i did watch canada vs norway and then russia vs latvia on the same night at gm place (canada place). The person whom i got the tix from screwed up and gave me two hockey game tix for the same night..

OOO i will post some pics of downtown. Yesterday (saturday) my friends and i spent the whole day and night in vancouver downtown. We requested MJ song at the store Roots and Roots turned into a dance floor..It was soo amazing.

Picture858.jpg

Picture876.jpg

Dance party inside Roots store, the dj played 10 mins of MJ mix upon my request, apparently his gf is a huge fan (plus she worked there) and she danced her ass off in one corner and my friends and i danced our asses off in the other..What a fun filled night...

Picture900.jpg

Picture815.jpg

no, i won't be there...I'll be watching though!! probably have a few drinks...

:punk: RIGHT ON! that would have been awesome at the Roots store..I love stuff like that!! love your outfit too!! Super cool!

Cool pics! :)

Ice hockey will be very interesting, USA won Canada, Russia has been struggling, hard to say who will be at the top 3 in the end.
Finland played a very poor game against Sweden though, we were nothing like our best game could be. Luckily this wasn't an elimination match.

Cool pics! :)

Ice hockey will be very interesting, USA won Canada, Russia has been struggling, hard to say who will be at the top 3 in the end.
Finland played a very poor game against Sweden though, we were nothing like our best game could be. Luckily this wasn't an elimination match.

I was pretty disappointed that we lost the game...Hopefully we can beat Russia and Germany and then be in the finals...crossing my fingers...

Devastated at the manner in which Canada lost the game.They seriously need to start Luongo in goal,some players need to up their game drastically if they are to have any chance at all of a medal.Should get past Germany but if they play like they did against USA when they play Russia i can't see them getting the W.Whats for certain is that either Canada or Russia will leave without a medal which is a shame in my opinion!

The ice dancing was fun to watch.

Congrats to canada, I think the only left for me to look forward to is the Speed Skating on Wednesday.......I pray Apolo wins gold.

I made him a present

Picture858.jpg

Picture876.jpg

Picture900.jpg

Picture815.jpg

I love them, I wish I was Vancouver myself, I really wanna meet new people there, like from Russia, UK, Japan and China.

I don't wanna hear about US defeating Canada, I'm just like JR (Jeremy Roenick) saying he hates to see US defeated by Canadians, I hate to see Canada defeated by Americans. But there is gonna be a Canada vs USA in Womens Hockey for Gold. I'm also gonna check out Canada and Germany in the qualification round and Roberto Luongo is now starting in goal.

I love them, I wish I was Vancouver myself, I really wanna meet new people there, like from Russia, UK, Japan and China.

I don't wanna hear about US defeating Canada, I'm just like JR (Jeremy Roenick) saying he hates to see US defeated by Canadians, I hate to see Canada defeated by Americans. But there is gonna be a Canada vs USA in Womens Hockey for Gold. I'm also gonna check out Canada and Germany in the qualification round and Roberto Luongo is now starting in goal.

It'll probably end up being Canada VS US for women...Thursday !!!

I was so impressed with Canada's Joannie Rochette, doing her short program tonight in women's figure skating just two days after losing her mother to a heart attack (Sunday.) I watched, and she gave a solid performance. The score was her personal best. Wow, she is a strong individual! I would assume that she is doing what she thinks her mother would have wanted her to do. Bravo, Joannie.

I was so impressed with Canada's Joannie Rochette, doing her short program tonight in women's figure skating just two days after losing her mother to a heart attack (Sunday.) I watched, and she gave a solid performance. The score was her personal best. Wow, she is a strong individual! I would assume that she is doing what she thinks her mother would have wanted her to do. Bravo, Joannie.

Yea. Bravo. At my home everyone became very quiet during her performance and when she ended with tears i think we all got misty eyed. Then we clapped. It was a true moment of condolence. I wish she keeps her strength and may her mom rest in peace.

In vancouver we are rather upset that this is the last week of olympics. :( I will for sure miss the crowd and the feeling of togetherness. The smiles from strangers, and singing our national anthem while waiting in the long line ups for skytrains and buses.

Yea. Bravo. At my home everyone became very quiet during her performance and when she ended with tears i think we all got misty eyed. Then we clapped. It was a true moment of condolence. I wish she keeps her strength and may her mom rest in peace.

In vancouver we are rather upset that this is the last week of olympics. :( I will for sure miss the crowd and the feeling of togetherness. The smiles from strangers, and singing our national anthem while waiting in the long line ups for skytrains and buses.
Time has gone so quickly! It will not be difficult for me to forget these olympics though, looks like it will be the worst in Finland's winter olympic history :doh: But I'll still miss watching the games. Another 4 years of waiting ahead.

Back